Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:03:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The "1996 GN'R album"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "1996 GN'R album"  (Read 30661 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2014, 03:36:49 PM »

What I'm saying, in case it was somehow unclear, is that you will think whatever Axl thinks.  And not just you, but the entire segment of fans that think and talk like you do.

Depends.

Will it makes his solo work as amazing as his GN'R work? No.
Will it undo all the things he did/said? No.

You know damn well all the fans talking shit about Axl would change their tone. Including you.

Just because Duff and Izzy are friendlier with Axl nowadays doesn't mean I think all their music suddenly is amazing.... Believe I Me didn't turn into a masterpiece overnight because of Duff being on stage at the O2 in 2010. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2014, 03:45:24 PM »

You know damn well all the fans talking shit about Axl would change their tone. Including you.

I would absolutely commend him for being a grown-up about it.

I have mixed feelings on the break-up.  Obviously, wish it didn't go that way.  But I accept that is the reality of the situation, that it did all go to hell.  And because of that, I do not champion reunion efforts, and actually openly mock those that do.  I don't like that things went to hell, but they did.  I can deal with it.  Friends have falling outs, way of the world.

Having said that, Axl could be a wee bit more mature about it all.  I think that's fair to say.  If you don't like the guy, you don't like the guy.  I don't have a problem with that.  But the over the top nature of comments like "a cancer best removed" and "one of us will die before speaking" is a bit much.

I don't expect Axl to reunite the band and I don't expect him to want to be besties with Slash again.  I do think he could have gone to the HOF and would have been commended for doing so.  And the "overwhelming positive reaction" statement he released after not showing up was so comically out of touch, it defies belief.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2014, 04:00:32 PM »

And the "overwhelming positive reaction" statement he released after not showing up was so comically out of touch, it defies belief.

I have to say, when I read Axl's "positive reaction" letter, I couldn't help but think "Uhh...have Beta & Fernando been forging positive articles for Axl?"  hihi
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2014, 05:20:00 PM »

Maybe part of the reason why he said those things is as simple as, some people are fucking stubborn. They don't seem to get it.
So you have to go over the top to paint the picture when a "no" isn't enough.

Or he just doesn't give a shit what people think and he says what he thinks!  Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2014, 07:46:28 PM »

Maybe part of the reason why he said those things is as simple as, some people are fucking stubborn. They don't seem to get it.

And I do get that.

It was PAINFUL watching all those years as all these people put all their eggs in the Hall Of Fame basket.  That was where the magical reunion occurs right out of the Hollywood script.

Please.  That was never going to happen.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2014, 09:15:45 PM »

And I do get that.

It was PAINFUL watching all those years as all these people put all their eggs in the Hall Of Fame basket.  That was where the magical reunion occurs right out of the Hollywood script.

Please.  That was never going to happen.

Oh, totally.  I got a huge kick out of all the fans who were like "Fuck this.  Fuck Axl. I'm done!" when his HOF letter went out.  Really?  You've been hanging around the forums for 10 years expecting this to be your big payoff?  Really??
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2014, 09:22:54 AM »

Oh, totally.  I got a huge kick out of all the fans who were like "Fuck this.  Fuck Axl. I'm done!" when his HOF letter went out.  Really?  You've been hanging around the forums for 10 years expecting this to be your big payoff?  Really??

Absoltuely right.  it was so transparent.

And you can also add all the people that "weren't getting their hopes up"...yet went fucking ballistic when Axl announced he wasn't going.

Guess what?  You had been getting your hopes up, folks.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2014, 09:29:50 AM »

Since we are talking about the HOF

what is the difference between the HOF and the Golden Awards?

absolutely nothing... they are both about"making money" and promoting their museum and in this case magazine

just shows you Axls opposition had nothing to do with "how the HOF works", he was just never going to be in the same room with Slash and or perform with him, thats all it was

with that being said... i think its great that he is doing it, and hopefully it goes very smoothly...it is great promotion and if he is going to push thru with new material its a great way to showcase it

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2014, 09:45:48 AM »

Since we are talking about the HOF

what is the difference between the HOF and the Golden Awards?

absolutely nothing... they are both about"making money" and promoting their museum and in this case magazine

just shows you Axls opposition had nothing to do with "how the HOF works", he was just never going to be in the same room with Slash and or perform with him, thats all it was

with that being said... i think its great that he is doing it, and hopefully it goes very smoothly...it is great promotion and if he is going to push thru with new material its a great way to showcase it

Correct.

Talking about how it was all some big stand against the process is just Axl zealots trying to church it up.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2014, 10:42:36 AM »

Yeah... there is no difference in the type of honors between the two functions

whatever tho ... I enjoyed seeing Slash Duff and Steven jam at the HOF, wish Izzy had also, i always found it interesting he didnt go considering he tried convincing Axl to go (allegedly)

back to the 96 album... regardless of who the second guitar player was... or "whose songs" they were working on... Axl never wrote a lyric till after they were gone... so the 96 album was never going to happen...

and i believe the lack of lyrics have been confirmed by all parties

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2014, 11:08:37 AM »

Your assumption that if you boycott one award show, you need to boycott them all makes no sense.
Did you know GN'R is scheduled to perform at the Golden Gods Awards? They're actually not telling Axl who he should play with! Not trying to sell more expensive tickets for the magical reunion show. Not that it makes any difference to you.

By the way, KISS are doing the same thing.

back to the 96 album... regardless of who the second guitar player was... or "whose songs" they were working on... Axl never wrote a lyric till after they were gone... so the 96 album was never going to happen...

and i believe the lack of lyrics have been confirmed by all parties

Correct me if I'm wrong in assuming that usually you don't write lyrics to a song until there's a song to write lyrics to. Unless you write lyrics first, in that case it would be a poem.

So if you wanted Axl to write lyrics, he would have to sing a melody to go with those lyrics, meaning he would be writing most of the song.... This I Love could be an example of him writing the song and lyrics.

Labeling fans as zealots, nice touch there. Show some respect for fans of the band.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:21:42 AM by jarmo » Logged

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2014, 11:21:02 AM »

I never suggested they need to boycott one or the other , again im in favor of him doing this and rocking out

just pointing out the reasoning he gave for not attending the HOF was somewhat disingenuous ... it had nothing to do with how he didn't understand what the HOF was about or against them using GNR for promoting their product, and by him attending another award show who has the same goal in making money somewhat proves to that

he didn't mention Slash's name once in his letter... but Slash was ALL of what his no show was about , no matter how much you scream no he wasn't , thats my strong belief

the hall was honoring gnr's past, not present

this award show is different , we all get that

as for Kiss, im not very familiar with their history, but from what I read the Hall wasnt trying to force them in to any kind of performance, more so Paul and Gene were struggling with what is best

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2014, 11:24:06 AM »

Labeling fans as zealots, nice touch there. Show some respect for fans of the band.

I play the cards I'm dealt, brother.  You want a different assessment, deal me some different cards.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2014, 11:27:11 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong in assuming that usually you don't write lyrics to a song until there's a song to write lyrics to. Unless you write lyrics first, in that case it would be a poem.

So if you wanted Axl to write lyrics, he would have to sing a melody to go with those lyrics, meaning he would be writing most of the song.... This I Love could be an example of him writing the song and lyrics.

/jarmo
[/quote]

i have never written a song ha...

i wasn't being critical of Axl not doing so either... just stating the obvious that they were no where near an album without any lyric ideas....

obviously later on he has stated writing lyrics at that time was difficult for him

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2014, 11:27:57 AM »

just pointing out the reasoning he gave for not attending the HOF was somewhat disingenuous ... it had nothing to do with how he didn't understand what the HOF was about or against them using GNR for promoting their product, and by him attending another award show who has the same goal in making money somewhat proves to that

he didn't mention Slash's name once in his letter... but Slash was ALL of what his no show was about , no matter how much you scream no he wasn't , thats my strong belief

"Somewhat" disingenuous?  Nah, very little "somewhat" about it.

Axl could have shown up 10 minutes before their time came.  Even could have waited backstage if it meant not having to sit with that awful Slash.  Saunter out on stage, wave to the crowd, thanks for everything, then right out the door and out of there.

Axl didn't go because Axl didn't want to go.  It was not a crusade for justice or some big statement on the selection process.  That's spin.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2014, 11:30:26 AM »

Yeah I agree...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2014, 11:31:38 AM »

Nobody knows how the Hall Of Fame works! This guy gets in, that guy doesn't etc.

They shit on the fact that Axl didn't bury GN'R in 1996 when Slash decided to quit. He kept going and released the album that these same people probably didn't think was gonna come out.

It's like saying to an athlete who makes a comeback after an injury that he/she should've just quit. Instead of doing what they believe in and enjoy doing.

Your strong belief is just something you made up. Not based on you knowing something the rest of us don't know. You want it to be so because it makes sense to you. Your idea is that Axl doesn't want to be in the same room as Slash, so that's the only viable reason for you. No matter that it might not even be true.

I play the cards I'm dealt, brother.  You want a different assessment, deal me some different cards.

This is where you're mistaken. If you don't have the decency to show some respect to the fans who post here, you need go elsewhere.
You're talking about GN'R fans. I don't give a fuck if you don't agree with them, but you don't disrespect GN'R fans here just because they choose to believe in Axl.

Simple as that.

This is the thing that people like yourself never get. They start insulting other fans and then wonder why I'm not being nice to them. Duh!

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2014, 11:44:22 AM »

Your strong belief is just something you made up. Not based on you knowing something the rest of us don't know. You want it to be so because it makes sense to you. Your idea is that Axl doesn't want to be in the same room as Slash, so that's the only viable reason for you. No matter that it might not even be true.

It's likely true.

And there is damn sure more available proof that I'm right than wrong.  A guy tells you :

- the guy is a cancer
- he will be dead in a box before talking to him
- the only way he anticipates running into him is an "ambush" organized by a third party that would not go well

Those are direct quotes from the man himself.

So yeah, not too worried I have the wrong read he doesn't want to hang out with him.  And I sure as shit don't look at those quotes and deduce he probably has no problem being in his presence.  That's preposterous.

This is where you're mistaken. If you don't have the decency to show some respect to the fans who post here, you need go elsewhere.
You're talking about GN'R fans. I don't give a fuck if you don't agree with them, but you don't disrespect GN'R fans here just because they choose to believe in Axl.

Simple as that.

OK, I'll give you a quick example of what I am talking about here.  Let's kick it around.

There was not an "overwhelming positive reaction" to Axl not going to the HOF.  That is 100% false.  Yet Axl chose to say there was.  Its not reality, however.

So if you are a person that parrots that "overwhelming positive reaction" line, its because Axl told you so.  And its not real.

At that point, the deduction is such a person would rather deny real world facts and accept a false premise. 

No?  If that is wrong, how is it wrong?  Perfectly willing to hear you out.  I never turn down a dialogue.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:53:36 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2014, 12:01:54 PM »

And, just as an aside, I have 2 posts upthread mocking the reunion people, right? 

Both in terms about how their hopes were unrealistic and how they were full of it claiming they didn't get their hopes up that whole time.

Was I "respecting" those fans?  Or is it all good in the hood taking a shot at that segment of the operation?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2014, 12:13:49 PM »

He might have X reasons why he didn't go, you pick out the one that makes sense to you to be the only reason. No matter what he said!
So it doesn't matter what he says, you've made up your mind already.

OK, I'll give you a quick example of what I am talking about here.  Let's kick it around.

There was not an "overwhelming positive reaction" to Axl not going to the HOF.  That is 100% false.  Yet Axl chose to say there was.  Its not reality, however.

So if you are a person that parrots that "overwhelming positive reaction" line, its because Axl told you so.  And its not real.

At that point, the deduction is such a person would rather deny real world facts and accept a false premise. 

No?  If that is wrong, how is it wrong?  Perfectly willing to hear you out.  I never turn down a dialogue.

So this gives you the right to label fans in a negative way?
You think it's ok?

Are you aware that you're on a message board where we have certain rules, and by insulting other fans (who are members of this board), you're breaking the rules.
Like I said, it doesn't matter what you believe or who you associate yourself with, you do not insult, attack or otherwise disrespect other fans. Not here.

You can make a list of things you don't agree with until your fingers go numb, I don't care. YOU DO NOT INSULT OTHER FANS here.
You don't make the rules because you can make lists of things you don't agree with.

Just a little reality check for you. What reaction was Axl talking about? The one "widely reported"? Is it possible he actually got cards, e-mails, faxes, phone calls of support that none of us saw? No, of course not. That would make no sense!

Somebody thanks people for their support and you need to belittle it because you didn't see the messages. So they can't exist!

Imagine, the guy has a phone!

And, just as an aside, I have 2 posts upthread mocking the reunion people, right? 

Both in terms about how their hopes were unrealistic and how they were full of it claiming they didn't get their hopes up that whole time.

Was I "respecting" those fans?  Or is it all good in the hood taking a shot at that segment of the operation?

Those people are not why this board exists. They'll feel more welcome on the rest of the Internet.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: