Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:03:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The "1996 GN'R album"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "1996 GN'R album"  (Read 30871 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2014, 12:34:27 PM »

He might have X reasons why he didn't go, you pick out the one that makes sense to you to be the only reason. No matter what he said!
So it doesn't matter what he says, you've made up your mind already.

In a sense, I suppose you are right.

I never for one second expected him to attend.  And yeah, that is was why I thought that.  I won't sit here and bullshit you.

OK, I'll give you a quick example of what I am talking about here.  Let's kick it around.

There was not an "overwhelming positive reaction" to Axl not going to the HOF.  That is 100% false.  Yet Axl chose to say there was.  Its not reality, however.

So if you are a person that parrots that "overwhelming positive reaction" line, its because Axl told you so.  And its not real.

At that point, the deduction is such a person would rather deny real world facts and accept a false premise. 

No?  If that is wrong, how is it wrong?  Perfectly willing to hear you out.  I never turn down a dialogue.

Just a little reality check for you. What reaction was Axl talking about? The one "widely reported"? Is it possible he actually got cards, e-mails, faxes, phone calls of support that none of us saw? No, of course not. That would make no sense!

Somebody thanks people for their support and you need to belittle it because you didn't see the messages. So they can't exist!

Well, I'm obviously only commenting on the reaction 99.99% of the world did see, which was most assuredly not "overwhelmingly positive."

Could your scenario be true?  Yeah, I guess.  But its sure was not what I was talking about.

And, just as an aside, I have 2 posts upthread mocking the reunion people, right? 

Both in terms about how their hopes were unrealistic and how they were full of it claiming they didn't get their hopes up that whole time.

Was I "respecting" those fans?  Or is it all good in the hood taking a shot at that segment of the operation?

Those people are not why this board exists. They'll feel more welcome on the rest of the Internet.

Yeah, pretty much what I figured.

But I was only trying to illustrate I am not some sleeper agent here to mess with you.  On several issues, we are actually very much in agreement.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2014, 04:36:30 PM »

Just reminding people of the rules we have.

This site's always been for present GN'R fans, not people who will only be GN'R fans under certain conditions that they've decided upon.

You can have different preferences/tastes, but don't disrespect other fans of the (current) band just because you don't agree with them.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2014, 05:04:41 PM »

I certainly meant no direct specific disrespect, as I use that word both in real life conversation and on several message boards about all sorts of topics.  I will refrain from using it around here in the future.

I've always sort of gone against the grain around here anyway with some of my opinions, but you have never really given me shit about it.  I do appreciate you letting me speak rather freely despite us rarely having the same views on things, and I have told you that directly.  That is sincere.

I will make a better effort in this particular area, however.  My bad.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2014, 06:21:59 PM »

Correction: Believe in me IS a masterpiece!  yes

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2014, 11:28:29 PM »

link=topic=65691.msg1362728#msg1362728 date=1393605862]

Well, I'm obviously only commenting on the reaction 99.99% of the world did see, which was most assuredly not "overwhelmingly positive."

Could your scenario be true?  Yeah, I guess.  But its sure was not what I was talking about.

I'm late commenting on this, but yes, I suppose Axl could've received private emails that praised him for not going to the Hall of Fame.  But I was listening to the live feed that night (as well as watched the HBO broadcast) and the audience booed Axl out of the building (so to speak) when he was announced -- despite the fact that Billie Joe didn't even mention him by name!  The negative response was intense that Armstrong had to literally tell the audience to "shut the fuck up" to stop it.

In Axl's defense, he stated that he didn't watch the Hall of Fame broadcast, so he may not have known at the time how badly he got roasted by the Cleveland crowd.  On the other hand, it is generally misleading for someone to suggest that the response was "overwhelmingly positive" without having checked all the facts himself.  Axl had to realize there were other forums out there for people to express their sentiments other than whatever personal emails he received.
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2014, 05:19:15 AM »

Correction: Believe in me IS a masterpiece!  yes

Yes it is ! Agree.But it would be even better if it had Axl's contribution even on 1 track.But that's a whole topic of discussion.  Smiley

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
westcoast_junkie
VIP

« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2014, 11:04:28 AM »

Everything would be better with Axl's contribution  ok

nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2014, 07:28:41 PM »

Everything would be better with Axl's contribution  ok

Fact.But why no Axl on any song ? He was on Gilby's album but not on Duff's ?  Huh
I remember being confused at that time.And still am.
Oh well....It's all in the past.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2014, 11:33:10 AM »

KISS ended up doing what i would have liked to have seen from GNR... just get on the stage and accept the award together for the fans who have been there since the beginning...didn't have to play , didn't have to hug, none of that

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2014, 12:45:50 PM »

KISS ended up doing what i would have liked to have seen from GNR... just get on the stage and accept the award together for the fans who have been there since the beginning...didn't have to play , didn't have to hug, none of that

Well, they are robbing themselves of an "overwhelming positive response" they'd have gotten for not showing up.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2014, 01:17:20 PM »

people see things the way they want to see them... you know that

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2014, 01:56:24 PM »

people see things the way they want to see them...

...in the simplest terms.  And the most convenient definitions.

But each of us is a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess, and a criminal.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2014, 09:04:26 PM »

Actually, Peter and Gene hugged.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2014, 10:23:26 AM »

Only bumping this thread because it seems like the best place to pose this question...

Now that Duff and Axl appear to be pretty tight again... I just would love to know why he forgives him for telling the same lies about the name of the band

Axl in his revolver interview stated that him and Duff finish each others memories about stuff that they each dont remember ...so its obvious they talk about the past and don't just gloss right over it .

I know I would pay a small fortune to be a fly on the wall when they talk about stuff lol

I wonder if they have discussed trying to write together... I can dream right?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2014, 12:58:42 PM »

I've wondered this too.

But Axl has a list of Slash centric grievances, both real and perceived, that he has just built up in his mind as colossal offenses.

westcoast_junkie
VIP

« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2014, 02:15:14 PM »

I don't think the legacy of the name is the only subject of disagreement between Axl and Slash...There's a reason Duff stayed in Guns longer than Slash in the 90's I guess. We'll probably never get the full story, but the gap between Slash and Axl must have been much wider than that of Axl and Duff already from the beginning of the end of old Guns. Plus, Slash have said a lot of bullshit in media through the years. Duff haven't been nearly as bad. You can see that in their biographies too, if I don't remember it wrong. Plus, Duff seems like a an authentic type of guy.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2014, 03:57:12 PM »

This is going to sound a little goofy to some.

But I've never really been able to reconcile how Axl can be SO pissed at Slash, but never go into specifics.  And, to be honest, I wonder if he actually laid it all out, word for word, that he fears people would say "wow...seriously?  that's your big beef, for 20 fucking years?"

You don't get more over the top than saying one of you will be dead in a box before you speak again.  So the natural reaction is to assume it must just be a terribly unsalvageable situation.  But if you really pressed him on it, I wonder what you'd get out of him?

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2014, 04:11:54 PM »

Only bumping this thread because it seems like the best place to pose this question...

Now that Duff and Axl appear to be pretty tight again... I just would love to know why he forgives him for telling the same lies about the name of the band

Axl in his revolver interview stated that him and Duff finish each others memories about stuff that they each dont remember ...so its obvious they talk about the past and don't just gloss right over it .

I know I would pay a small fortune to be a fly on the wall when they talk about stuff lol

Ideally in my book, the lineup of Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven or Matt wouldn?t have disbanded as abruptly as it did.
But obviously it happened, a long time ago. As unfortunate as that was/is to the majority of GN?R fans, I?m not longing for a half assed reunion.

I think that ship sailed long, long ago. It would be one thing if it was the whole lineup, because their chemistry was at one point undeniable, and unmatched.
But just having Duff back in the fold? or Izzy? Nah, I?d rather Axl get off his ass and create something outside of the GN?R umbrella.

GN?R as they stand today(and since he left, and probably a few years before that) is a waste of Duff?s time.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2014, 04:39:37 PM »

Plus, we have to keep "The General" in Guns, and I would love a new Loaded album...A half-ass reunion would maybe destroy the legacy of Guns n' Roses. Just think about how much the current line-up have prooved. No, whatever happened there i the mid-nineties, turned out good...

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #119 on: June 05, 2014, 09:42:51 AM »

Ideally in my book, the lineup of Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven or Matt wouldn?t have disbanded as abruptly as it did.
But obviously it happened, a long time ago. As unfortunate as that was/is to the majority of GN?R fans, I?m not longing for a half assed reunion.

I think that ship sailed long, long ago. It would be one thing if it was the whole lineup, because their chemistry was at one point undeniable, and unmatched.
But just having Duff back in the fold? or Izzy? Nah, I?d rather Axl get off his ass and create something outside of the GN?R umbrella.

GN?R as they stand today(and since he left, and probably a few years before that) is a waste of Duff?s time.

I'm in complete agreement with you... I have always wished they called this band Axl and the motherfuckers!!!

make the songs Axl wants, play them, sprinkle in some classics and hit the road

and I do agree about Duff not wanting GNR in its current form

I just find their newfound relationship interesting as a long time fan of them both and wonder what they talk about as far as the past

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: