Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:09:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award  (Read 135675 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #420 on: April 24, 2014, 07:04:02 PM »

Yeah, Dj's guitar was out of tune in the beginning of Sweet Child.
These things happen. Not much he can do about it....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #421 on: April 24, 2014, 07:07:15 PM »

I felt bad for DJ during the SCOM intro. There's absolutely no excuse for his tech botching the tuning of the guitar so badly. Not when its so easy to do by someone who knows what they're doing. I have to assume they use electric tuners that plug right into the guitar. So there should be no excuse for that to happen. Its on the tech not DJ like some are saying it should be. These techs are pros and when the musician is given the guitar seconds before the song starts they expect their guitar to be in the right tuning.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:09:19 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #422 on: April 24, 2014, 07:12:48 PM »

I guess it's a decision he must make quickly, keep playing or stop, change guitar or tune up and start again. It's not like the guy can't play the tune, he's awesome.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #423 on: April 24, 2014, 07:29:03 PM »

I felt bad for DJ during the SCOM intro. There's absolutely no excuse for his tech botching the tuning of the guitar so badly. Not when its so easy to do by someone who knows what they're doing. I have to assume they use electric tuners that plug right into the guitar. So there should be no excuse for that to happen. Its on the tech not DJ like some are saying it should be. These techs are pros and when the musician is given the guitar seconds before the song starts they expect their guitar to be in the right tuning.

You're assuming the instrument was never in tune....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #424 on: April 24, 2014, 07:51:59 PM »

All I know is I keep staying up for these live streams no matter how obscene the time may be and I love it. Regardless of the uneven performances. Sure I'd rather them be perfect, but I thought they were fine last night. Someone responded to Eddie Trunk saying Axl sounded great, by saying he sounded bad on the stream. Eddie responded by saying he sounded like he nailed it from the side of the stage. So take that for what it's worth.

I didn't believe it when Eddie said they might play 8 songs. I was blown away they played for an hour. Probably a record for that event, or anything of its kind.

Too bad about DJ's guitar during SCOM. That was painful to listen to. I don't see how they can air that song on the broadcast unless they somehow go in and fix it.

Congrats to Axl for a well deserved honor.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #425 on: April 24, 2014, 08:00:43 PM »

Yeah, Dj's guitar was out of tune in the beginning of Sweet Child.
These things happen. Not much he can do about it....

No way.  That's on the tech.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #426 on: April 24, 2014, 08:01:11 PM »

Video of Axl backstage, waiting to go on, listening to his introductions. Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_bvuL6xH98

I thought the intros for the award by Andrew Dice Clay and Nicolas Cage were awesome!!!   beer

CONGRATULATIONS AXL!!! headbanger  

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #427 on: April 24, 2014, 08:08:40 PM »

You're assuming the instrument was never in tune....

/jarmo

If it was tuned correctly prior to them going on stage it would still be in tune when he was given it. Over time a guitar cheaper guitar will go out of tune but a really good guitar in less than an hour? Not a chance. If he used that particular guitar on more then one song last night then his tech goofed up the tuning while tuning it for SCOM after whatever song he used it on last during the set. I'm not trying to be a jerk. I play guitar so i understand these things. I know a really good guitar would not lose its tuning that quickly even a cheaper one wouldn't
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #428 on: April 24, 2014, 08:19:42 PM »

I'm watching it now. First off congrats to Axl for the Lifetime Achievement. He deserves it!  I think the intro to "Sweet Child" wasn't good as previously stated. It seems to me Axl started off hot, but his voice dropped off a bit. I loved listening to "It's So Easy". With Duff backing vocals, Axl sounded awesome. Jungle was good too! "Better" was when I felt like the vocals dropped off a bit. He did have some rasp for "Paradise City", but it wasn't the best performance.  "This I Love" didn't sound good. I'm listening to "November Rain" and it sounds good. "You Could Be Mine" was good.  It seems like there was definitely a hit or miss on the songs last night. Some of the arguments that are being made, I can agree and disagree on. 

PS: Just noticed the mistake for "November Rain". Guitar work could have been better last night.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:21:17 PM by draguns » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #429 on: April 24, 2014, 08:21:21 PM »

If it was tuned correctly prior to them going on stage it would still be in tune when he was given it. Over time a guitar cheaper guitar will go out of tune but a really good guitar in less than an hour? Not a chance. If he used that particular guitar on more then one song last night then his tech goofed up the tuning while tuning it for SCOM after whatever song he used it on last during the set. I'm not trying to be a jerk. I play guitar so i understand these things. I know a really good guitar would not lose its tuning that quickly even a cheaper one wouldn't

And what if something happens to the guitar between it being tuned and it being handed to Dj?

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #430 on: April 24, 2014, 08:23:11 PM »

Watching that video gives you a really different perspective.  I think he was genuinely pleased to be receiving the award. Smiley

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #431 on: April 24, 2014, 08:33:31 PM »

And what if something happens to the guitar between it being tuned and it being handed to Dj?

/jarmo

I suppose anything is possible. I just say i its unlikely something happened where the tuning pegs got messed with to get it out of tune.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #432 on: April 24, 2014, 08:46:46 PM »

I wasn't there. But I know for a fact that the techs wouldn't just hand out a out of tune guitar.

Why would they?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #433 on: April 24, 2014, 08:49:03 PM »

I wasn't there. But I know for a fact that the techs wouldn't just hand out a out of tune guitar.

Why would they?

Everything seemed so chaotic there last night though.  It was like it was being run by a high school stage crew.

If Axl is owed any sort of compliment, its taking all that in stride.  I really think the whole event was pretty poorly run.  But Axl never gave anyone a problem.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #434 on: April 24, 2014, 09:13:34 PM »

Always the victim.

Like in this thread poor you had to be coaxed into saying something nice.
I don't try to sell anything, I'm posting my opinion.

Many times I see posts that are just full of shit (sorry) and I comment on it. Like you seriously comparing playing in the heat in Miami to playing at a high altitude in La Paz. That's just fucking stupid. I'm sorry if you got your feelings hurt but you can't know everything about everything just because you sit and watch Youtube videos. Some things you need to experience. Like La Paz.

Did you apologize and say you were wrong? No.
But you're quick to ask me to. And when I do. Nothing. Nada.

Recently I was "challenged" on whether or not I had seen the old band. I responded. The response? Nothing. Not even "I was wrong then". Didn't you make claims a while ago saying you'd be the first one to admit you were wrong? Yet it seems like you don't. You ignore every post where you're clearly been proven wrong.
Funny.

If the definition of troll hurts your feelings, I didn't write it. The fact is that you and your buddies seem to ruin every thread with your endless whining about the same things. Why don't you just move on and go listen to that new Slayer track?

Didn't you have enough "fun" already by pretty much ruining 12 13 show threads with the same comments? When does it get old?

If GNR fans posting about their desire for new music, set variety, etc. constitutes trolling, then every single other Guns forum out there is absolutely nothing but trolls, mods & admins included.  It's an damn epidemic.

......Or they're just normal humans venting their occasional frustrations at a night so tightly run ship, and jarmo is perhaps a liiiiitle too sensitive.

I'm sensitive? You're the ones crying as soon as I say something and make yourselves out to be victims. Poor you. No new album. Poor you, the Youtube videos don't sound as good as others. Poor poor you.

Axl just got a nice acknowledgement, GN'R played for an hour. And yet, you're whining about the same things you were whining about last year and the year before.... What's new?

/jarmo

Truth is that axl's over the hill and some of us wish he wasn't.  And when jarmo looks at it , he only sees positive.  I go back and forth with it.  Trolling occasionally out of nostalgic frustration!

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #435 on: April 24, 2014, 09:42:48 PM »

Oh come one everyone, guitar out of tune, AXL voice blah, blah, it's a FUCKING LIVE PERFORMANCE you morons!!! These things happen!!! And they happen to ALL bands! I've been to a Rolling Stones concert where Keith literally messed up the intro of a song! Their last year Hyde Park live release had to be edited cause Start Me Up had messed up intro too! So what's the big deal? Does this make the Stones less of a legend? The fact that a guitar is out of tune, means the end of the world? This is live music, we love their attitude, we love that their up there and play!

Oh my God, AXL is not hitting every note right, what are we gonna do now??? If you want perfection go to a fucking opera or symphony! And to tell you a little secret (cause I have friends playing there), things get fucked up at symphony concerts too!

Peace out, that's all I had to say.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #436 on: April 24, 2014, 10:14:36 PM »

Watching that video gives you a really different perspective.  I think he was genuinely pleased to be receiving the award. Smiley

Yeah! That was pretty cool

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #437 on: April 24, 2014, 10:24:06 PM »

Oh come one everyone, guitar out of tune, AXL voice blah, blah, it's a FUCKING LIVE PERFORMANCE you morons!!! These things happen!!! And they happen to ALL bands! I've been to a Rolling Stones concert where Keith literally messed up the intro of a song! Their last year Hyde Park live release had to be edited cause Start Me Up had messed up intro too! So what's the big deal? Does this make the Stones less of a legend? The fact that a guitar is out of tune, means the end of the world? This is live music, we love their attitude, we love that their up there and play!

Oh my God, AXL is not hitting every note right, what are we gonna do now??? If you want perfection go to a fucking opera or symphony! And to tell you a little secret (cause I have friends playing there), things get fucked up at symphony concerts too!

Peace out, that's all I had to say.

*insert clapping here* Chill out everyone, it was far from the formal event I expected it to be with everyone wearing suit & ties. It looked like it was a far from professional award ceremony but that's because it's rock 'n' roll, it's not meant to be perfect.   peace

I'm just glad Axl received this award & didn't refuse to go, I'm thrilled to see them all play and if Axl lost power during a song or DJ's guitar didn't sound good at the beginning of a song we know that the world didn't end.  Wink

Axl looked so happy to receive this award & it brings tears to my eyes to see him walk up & accept it with a smile,   Cry     I've read that since he was at school he wanted to be a performer and for those that bullied him & locked him in a locker I hope you've all got egg on your faces as you see your schoolmate up there performing to hundreds of thousands around the world and being admired for his talent and charisma.  love

WELL DONE AXL  love
ice road trucker
VIP

« Reply #438 on: April 24, 2014, 10:32:02 PM »

what is the jam called before pc please
 Jam/Paradise City....
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #439 on: April 24, 2014, 10:42:28 PM »

Why would they?

/jarmo

Sabotage?  Maybe Slash snuck in and did it?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: