Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:09:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  2 Types Of People : Those That Listened To Leaks...and Liars
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 Types Of People : Those That Listened To Leaks...and Liars  (Read 10914 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 07:05:18 PM »

Well, in a way when an album is released it becomes "just another" album for whoever has to review it.
In this case, before it was released, it was the album that was never coming out. That alone gave people reasons to write a bunch of articles on the subject.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 08:39:01 PM »

But is Axl not painting himself into that same corner again though?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 08:24:08 AM »

So because the album didn't come out when it was "supposed to", it's ok for the media to act like that?
I get that need they have to write something to get readers. And what's better than some "secrets" and "revealing" information about the album that's never coming out?

Imagine if they had saved some of that energy and excitement for once it was actually out....
But then again, once the album came out, everybody who said it wasn't coming out, were proven wrong... Not always easy for some people to take.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 10:38:49 AM »

So because the album didn't come out when it was "supposed to", it's ok for the media to act like that?
I get that need they have to write something to get readers. And what's better than some "secrets" and "revealing" information about the album that's never coming out?

No rock album takes 10 years.  That's just ridiculous.  And its fairly pie in the sky to think everyone is just going to roll with that.  At best, people make jokes.  At worst, they never even give it a chance.

I am arguing still Axl got the best.  Yes, some jokes were made.  But he still got decent reviews anyway.

Axl was one of the biggest rocks stars of his era.  He dropped off the face of the damn Earth as far as most people knew.  But let's stop pretending he was kidnapped and held against his will in some basement.  His disappearance off the grid was his own choice, was it not?

If anything, its encouraging people still cared what he was up to.

Imagine if they had saved some of that energy and excitement for once it was actually out....

Imagine if Axl had. 

But then again, once the album came out, everybody who said it wasn't coming out, were proven wrong... Not always easy for some people to take.

So you really see this as a big victory, huh?  A real "in the face!!" type comeuppance for anyone that dared to doubt?

On a base level, I guess I see that.  But the reality is that Axl just waited far too long.  There was some momentum for a release in both 2002 and 2006.  He failed to deliver both times.  So when he finally gets his act together in 2008, yeah, there was a general feeling of "oh yeah, that thing."

Who's fault is that though?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 10:44:15 AM »

Rock albums, or anything else, can take as long as the artist wants.
I'm still not talking about reviews. Just talking about what I observed.

There was still excitement and interest in 2008. Don't fool yourself thinking otherwise.
One guy was a bit too interested and got a visit from the Feds...

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 11:03:29 AM »

So...wait a sec.

Did you expect anyone that dared doubt it was coming out to have to pen a column where they beg for forgiveness?

What was not done correctly, in your opinion? 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:05:00 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 11:30:20 AM »

No, I don't expect shit from these people. I only observe. Smiley

What was not done properly? They did everything according to their plan. The way they operate.
The root of it all is the fact that people like to read sensationalistic articles with "secrets" and "revelations".

For example, nobody wants to hear about some celebrity flying down and helping people after a natural disaster! But if that same celebrity is drunk in public or goes out with another celebrity.... Suddenly it's interesting!  hihi

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 11:35:39 AM »

I guess we just have a difference of opinion.

I actually found it pretty cool that that leaks from a band that hadn't been heard from in 12 years got such attention.  I can understand the bit about Axl not being happy they got out in unfinished form.  But the bigger picture view to me was, holy shit, people actually still care.

It hasn't been as long, but a if a few Metallica songs leaked today, would they generate such attention and actually chart?  I doubt it.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 12:44:00 PM »

I guess we just have a difference of opinion.

I actually found it pretty cool that that leaks from a band that hadn't been heard from in 12 years got such attention.  I can understand the bit about Axl not being happy they got out in unfinished form.  But the bigger picture view to me was, holy shit, people actually still care.

It hasn't been as long, but a if a few Metallica songs leaked today, would they generate such attention and actually chart?  I doubt it.

I think is fair to say the two of you are never going to agree on much  Cheesy

I dont think its that people thought CD would never come out, but I think people just got tired of waiting, so it was easy for journalists to make snotty remarks about the whole process. The lineup changes did not help in painting a pretty picture for the whole process either. Not hard to understand. No matter how you spin it, the constant departures (not even talking about the original guys) made Axl look bad. 

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 12:47:07 PM »

There's always good in most things.

Taking away the surprise element because somebody leaks tracks onto the Internet has the positive effect that people has some proof of existence of material they started doubting existed.
I don't think it makes it right though and I'm not gonna defend it based on that.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: