Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:16:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2014 NFL Season
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 NFL Season  (Read 79409 times)
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2015, 04:06:33 PM »

Well said Faldor!

Now in the spirit of moving on(by looking back, I guess) but keeping in the theme of Patriots controversy, I thought I'd share this article that takes a deep look at the comments of Ray Lewis and the tuck rule.  hihi

http://www.patspulpit.com/2015/1/14/7549471/tom-brady-has-been-exposed-as-a-fraud

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2015, 04:47:57 PM »

We'll have to see what the NFL comes up with. Something clearly happened though between the initial inspection and half time. The question was what and was it deliberate.
Nature, and no.  Grin

Then how do you explain the Colts balls not deflating? How do you explain the backup balls the pats used starting the second half not deflating either?
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2015, 08:43:55 PM »

We'll have to see what the NFL comes up with. Something clearly happened though between the initial inspection and half time. The question was what and was it deliberate.
Nature, and no.  Grin

Then how do you explain the Colts balls not deflating? How do you explain the backup balls the pats used starting the second half not deflating either?

Some reports say the Patriots footballs were re-inflated and didn't show a difference after the second half. Some reports indicate the Patriots used back up footballs. Some reports indicate they were deflated by 2 PSI at half time. Some reports are now starting to indicate some footballs were deflated at different PSI levels. We don't know what the Colts levels were at or if they deflated at all. We only know they stayed within range. Basically we don't know shit and its all a bunch of media conjecture at this point.

The stories coming out keep changing. Different media reports from ESPN, NBC, FOX and others are all contradicting each other on exactly what occurred and who reported it to the NFL. This is one giant clusterfuck.

Edit: In actuality we do know something about this. The Patriots scored 17 points with footballs that were apparently slightly deflated somehow and 28 points when they were apparently properly inflated. So, as a fan, I'm happy somebody corrected the problem.  hihi
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:29:49 AM by Sober_times » Logged

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2015, 09:55:20 PM »

Haha yeah, if it was intentional it sure didn't help them in the firs half.
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2015, 03:11:33 AM »

I saw something earlier that made me think Bill may have got his science right on Saturday(fuck if I know, I'm no physicist); Matt Patricia, DC for New England, has a degree in aeronautical engineering and Cameron Flemming,Offensive Lineman for New England, has a degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics. Shouldn't be too hard for those guys to figure it out.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2015, 09:25:24 AM »

Nature, and no.  Grin

Some reports say the Patriots footballs were re-inflated and didn't show a difference after the second half. Some reports indicate the Patriots used back up footballs. Some reports indicate they were deflated by 2 PSI at half time. Some reports are now starting to indicate some footballs were deflated at different PSI levels. We don't know what the Colts levels were at or if they deflated at all. We only know they stayed within range. Basically we don't know shit and its all a bunch of media conjecture at this point.

The stories coming out keep changing. Different media reports from ESPN, NBC, FOX and others are all contradicting each other on exactly what occurred and who reported it to the NFL. This is one giant clusterfuck.

Edit: In actuality we do know something about this. The Patriots scored 17 points with footballs that were apparently slightly deflated somehow and 28 points when they were apparently properly inflated. So, as a fan, I'm happy somebody corrected the problem.  hihi
Exactly, we don't know what's true and what's not. Some reports say the Colts balls were tested and didn't change. But those reports are coming from Chris Mortensen and Peter King, whose original reports about the balls being 2 PSI below the allowable level are already being refuted. So who knows if the Colts balls were checked at all. Also, it's possible they tested the Patriots balls first, allowing the Colts balls a little time to warm up. So maybe they registered higher. Maybe they started at a higher PSI. Everybody is guessing at this point and I have trouble believing any of these reports or sources. You get a completely different story depending on who you listen to and what you choose to believe.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2015, 12:27:03 PM »

Bill Nye and many other scientists have now come out saying Bill and Brady are full of shit. Pretty sure Faldor and Sober Times do not have degrees in science.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2015, 12:58:53 PM »

Bill Nye and many other scientists have now come out saying Bill and Brady are full of shit. Pretty sure Faldor and Sober Times do not have degrees in science.

There are many other scientists that have come out in support of what Belichick said and that it was a possibility as to what happened. Like I said, this whole thing is a clusterfuck and nobody really knows shit at this point.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2015, 03:02:55 PM »

There are many other scientists that have come out in support of what Belichick said and that it was a possibility as to what happened. Like I said, this whole thing is a clusterfuck and nobody really knows shit at this point.
Bill Nye is also a Seahawks fan. And like Sober times said, many MORE scientists have backed Bill's points and said everything he said is plausible. Look, I'm not going to change your mind. You think the Patriots cheated. You probably think they've cheated during this whole Brady/Belichick run. Even if the NFL comes out and says they've got nothing and never did, you wouldn't believe it. And you're not going to change my mind either.

That's fine. Continue on with the hate. Doesn't bother me. My team is playing in the Super Bowl. Yours is off playing golf somewhere. Hope they're bringing their handicaps down.  ok

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2015, 04:34:52 PM »

It seems they now suspect a locker room attendant.
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2015, 06:13:01 PM »

Yeah, Glazer reports that they have a guy taking the footballs from the officials area and stopping off in a room on the way to the field. They got video of him doing it. Follows that up by saying he is a person of interest but they don't know if he did anything wrong. Once again another media report that may or may not be anything. The clusterfuck continues.

Edit:Also, the lead investigator Ted Wells says deflategate investigation will take several more weeks. Which I can see, since it takes time to make something out of nothing.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:41:12 PM by Sober_times » Logged

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2015, 06:59:25 PM »

My team is playing in the Super Bowl. Yours is off playing golf somewhere.

Oh wow, sick burn Roll Eyes

Between planning, marking, parent-teacher interviews, additional qualification courses, workshops, and spending time with friends and family, football is of miniscule importance to me. But that's great (and amusing) that a football game is the biggest thing you have going on in life ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2015, 07:07:34 PM »

The NFL's response to Belichick owning them on Saturday.  You knew they were going to come out swinging.  Leak some other vague information that makes the Patriots look bad after they called you out.  I can appreciate this tit for tat.  Not really.  It's ridiculous!  Are they guilty or not?  Enough with the suspense.  I find it hard to believe it takes over a month to figure out if someone let a little air out of some footballs or if it just naturally happened.  Obviously they don't have much right now, so they're digging deep just hoping to find something.  At least, that's what it seems like to me.  How did they not zero in on a ball boy, equipment manager, or locker room attendant earlier?  Seriously, all this time devoted to a PSI or 2.     Roll Eyes

As for scientists who agree with what Belichick's explanation of how a ball can lose pressure naturally.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/01/26/scientists-agree-that-football-will-lose-air-pressure-when-moved-cooler-place/2KfFPHn9dARXXCwMgBMSkO/story.html

And if you don't want to believe him because he's an MIT guy.  How about these guys from Pittsburgh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxsXFX3tDpg

Oh, and Bill Cowher admitted that Spygate really wasn't that big a deal because everyone was doing it.  The Patriots did get caught, and accepted their penalty.  I'll give you that.  They were brazen to continue doing it after they were told not to.  Bad on them.  But let's not make it out like it was giving them some huge advantage over other teams because EVERYONE was doing it.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-01-16/cowher-downplays-patriots-spygate-says-everyone-tried-to-steal-signals

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2015, 07:16:42 PM »

My team is playing in the Super Bowl. Yours is off playing golf somewhere.

Oh wow, sick burn Roll Eyes

Between planning, marking, parent-teacher interviews, additional qualification courses, workshops, and spending time with friends and family, football is of miniscule importance to me. But that's great (and amusing) that a football game is the biggest thing you have going on in life ok
You're right.  I'm homeless.  Have no friends, no family, no job.  All I have is the Patriots.  You are so much more fortunate than I am to have all those wonderful things.  I strive to be like you some day. 

If you want to compare personal lives I'd be happy to, but that seems a little juvenile to me.  We are posting in the NFL thread, not the "who gives a shit about your personal life thread?". 

It's easy to say football isn't important to you when your team is no longer playing.  You seemed to care throughout the season when your Steelers had Super Bowl aspirations.  All joking aside, they had a fine season.  Tough luck at the end with Bell going down.  I think they could've done some damage and would've posed a much tougher challenge for the Patriots in the AFC Championship.  Maybe next year.

Win or lose on Sunday, my life will go on.  Of course I'll either be much happier or much less happy on Monday, but I think any fan would.  If you can brush off a season ending loss so easily, more power to you.  I think you'd probably be in the minority, but that's just my opinion.  Have fun the rest of the school year.  Mold those young minds.  peace
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 07:25:53 PM by faldor » Logged

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2015, 08:54:41 PM »

It's easy to say football isn't important to you when your team is no longer playing.  You seemed to care throughout the season when your Steelers had Super Bowl aspirations.  All joking aside, they had a fine season.  Tough luck at the end with Bell going down.  I think they could've done some damage and would've posed a much tougher challenge for the Patriots in the AFC Championship.  Maybe next year.

No, it's easy to say football isn't important when faced with the day-to-day realities of life like work or sick parents/grandparents. I'm just happy my Steelers didn't finish 8-8 with no playoffs for the 3rd year in a row and were able to go 8-2 down the stretch and win the most competitive division in football. Division rivals are very tough to beat in the postseason and I knew there was a chance that the version of the team who looked horrific against the Jets, Saints and Buccaneers might resurface at the worst possible time; Bell going down was a major omen that this was not to be their year.

There's a lot to be excited about heading into next season with the best WR, RB, and a still fairly young Big Ben at QB. I'm quite confident the Steelers will be competitive (if they get the defense revamped and rebuilt) for many years to come while Brady's years are numbered and the Jimmy Garoppolo era closer than ever Wink
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:57:17 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2015, 12:53:26 AM »

No, it's easy to say football isn't important when faced with the day-to-day realities of life like work or sick parents/grandparents. I'm just happy my Steelers didn't finish 8-8 with no playoffs for the 3rd year in a row and were able to go 8-2 down the stretch and win the most competitive division in football. Division rivals are very tough to beat in the postseason and I knew there was a chance that the version of the team who looked horrific against the Jets, Saints and Buccaneers might resurface at the worst possible time; Bell going down was a major omen that this was not to be their year.

There's a lot to be excited about heading into next season with the best WR, RB, and a still fairly young Big Ben at QB. I'm quite confident the Steelers will be competitive (if they get the defense revamped and rebuilt) for many years to come while Brady's years are numbered and the Jimmy Garoppolo era closer than ever Wink
Don't you sleep on Jimmy G! Honestly, I'm not looking forward to those days. We Patriots fans have been spoiled for some time now. Actually Boston sports teams in general. But these glory days won't last forever. That I know. So I'll enjoy them while they last.

Steelers are a solid franchise. No doubt about that. And their fans are always well represented at Gillette. I've had the misfortune of seeing those terrible towels waved when they beat Matt Cassel a few years back. Wasn't pretty.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2015, 01:04:09 AM »

More on the story. The Patriots are the ones who sent the video of the locker room attendant taking the bag of 24 game balls from the officials room to the field. He makes a stop along the way to the bathroom and takes the bag in with him. He's in there for about 90 seconds. So infer from that what you will. Did he take out the 12 Patriots balls and deflate them in 90 seconds? Did he just take a whiz and wash up? Why did he take the balls into an area with no cameras? Maybe because he's in charge of getting the balls to the field and didn't want to chance it by leaving them unattended outside while he went to the bathroom. Certainly possible.

Kraft spoke emphatically tonight about the Pats innocence and voiced his extreme displeasure for the league's poor handling of this matter. He suggested the league should apologize if/when the Patriots are exonerated. I don't see that happening. The apology at least. They are sure acting like they have nothing to hide. Or that the NFL doesn't have the goods they need to find them at fault.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2015, 01:32:58 AM »

More on the story. The Patriots are the ones who sent the video of the locker room attendant taking the bag of 24 game balls from the officials room to the field. He makes a stop along the way to the bathroom and takes the bag in with him. He's in there for about 90 seconds. So infer from that what you will. Did he take out the 12 Patriots balls and deflate them in 90 seconds? Did he just take a whiz and wash up? Why did he take the balls into an area with no cameras? Maybe because he's in charge of getting the balls to the field and didn't want to chance it by leaving them unattended outside while he went to the bathroom. Certainly possible.

Kraft spoke emphatically tonight about the Pats innocence and voiced his extreme displeasure for the league's poor handling of this matter. He suggested the league should apologize if/when the Patriots are exonerated. I don't see that happening. The apology at least. They are sure acting like they have nothing to hide. Or that the NFL doesn't have the goods they need to find them at fault.

If this attendant is guilty of deflating. What happens to him? Why did he do it? Did he act alone as in nobody told him too?
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2015, 03:16:48 AM »

If this attendant is guilty of deflating. What happens to him? Why did he do it? Did he act alone as in nobody told him too?

He took 12 colts footballs and 12 Patriots footballs into the bathroom for 90 seconds. 90 seconds. I'm sorry but I don't see the guy, at a rate of 7.5 seconds per football, deflating them in 90 seconds. I think its safe to assume he stopped to piss on his way to the field as he would be out there for at least the next 90 minutes or so.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 03:18:58 AM by Sober_times » Logged

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2015, 11:02:23 AM »

He took 12 colts footballs and 12 Patriots footballs into the bathroom for 90 seconds. 90 seconds. I'm sorry but I don't see the guy, at a rate of 7.5 seconds per football, deflating them in 90 seconds. I think its safe to assume he stopped to piss on his way to the field as he would be out there for at least the next 90 minutes or so.
i share that same view, unsurprisingly. But even if he did do it. It's going to be near impossible to prove, no? There's no cameras in the bathroom to see exactly what he did in there. So unless he confesses, I don't think you can make that leap. It's entirely possible he had to relieve himself. Now, you could argue that he could've easily done that before he took possession of the balls. I would guess he's been grilled about that point. Admittedly, it looks a little suspect. But I'd be far more suspicious if he was in there for 5 minutes. It doesn't seem like 90 seconds would be enough time to pull all that off.

As with any of the leaked information in this investigation, your outlook depends on if you think they're guilty or not. You could make a pretty strong case both ways. It all comes down to the exact PSI levels of each teams balls, if they were in fact both measured. And then, how they were measured. It's tough to make any definitive judgements without the so called "facts".

Various reports out there say this was a sting operation from the get go, and the NFL was hoping to "catch" the Patriots. It wouldn't surprise me. Nothing would at this point. And some of what we've been told seems to support that, if you choose to believe it. For instance, both Tom and Bill said they knew nothing about this until the Monday after the game. Don't you think word would've gotten to them on the field that their balls were tested and found to be below the acceptable league minimum level? Of course unless the NFL was building a case against them and didn't want to tip them off in any way. Just one of the many theories to this unending saga.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 11:10:30 AM by faldor » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: