Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:24:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy: "We want to make a new album, it's a good time"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy: "We want to make a new album, it's a good time"  (Read 40121 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #180 on: March 20, 2014, 11:43:02 AM »

This all goes back to my point I made several pages ago:  there are creative ways to work out any problem (if you want to).  From the information that we've been able to see, it's not clear that either party wants to.  On the one hand you have "definite maybe" from Axl, and radio silence from the record company.  That's what we know.  Now it becomes a matter of who is more at fault...and this is where is gets thorny for folks.  You have people that feel the record company is entirely (or mostly) at fault, people who feel Axl is the main hold up, or (my personal opinion) it's somewhere in between.

I'm sure Axl does have songs in the queue or that could be finalized pretty quickly...but is tinkering with them like he did with CD and, while he may have intentions to release them at some point, doesn't feel like he needs to set any deadline on when/if that happens.  And then you have the record company that is apathetic to CDII, and so they're perfectly fine with Axl's approach.

I'm really hoping for a kickass show in Rio tonight so that we can focus on the now.  There's been more recent activity lately, by Axl and other band members leading up to this tour.  For some reason, I'm feeling a different (better) vibe for the start of this tour (say, as compared to 2011).   
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #181 on: March 20, 2014, 04:32:03 PM »

This all goes back to my point I made several pages ago:  there are creative ways to work out any problem (if you want to).  From the information that we've been able to see, it's not clear that either party wants to.  On the one hand you have "definite maybe" from Axl, and radio silence from the record company.  That's what we know.  Now it becomes a matter of who is more at fault...and this is where is gets thorny for folks.  You have people that feel the record company is entirely (or mostly) at fault, people who feel Axl is the main hold up, or (my personal opinion) it's somewhere in between.

Agreed.

But, I think sometimes we get a little carried away with the thinking Axl is just dying to get new stuff out and can't get any cooperation.  That's usually my main point of contention.

My opinion is that the label gives no fucks, and frankly, Axl isn't really pressing the issue.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #182 on: March 22, 2014, 09:36:09 AM »

Agreed.

But, I think sometimes we get a little carried away with the thinking Axl is just dying to get new stuff out and can't get any cooperation.  That's usually my main point of contention.

My opinion is that the label gives no fucks, and frankly, Axl isn't really pressing the issue.

Correct.  Truthfully, there's zero evidence out there that says he's itching to get new music out.  The other side will tell you "well, there's nothing that says he's not interested in releasing new music, so..."  That argument carries less and less weight with each passing day/week/minth/year.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: March 22, 2014, 03:58:22 PM »

I would love a new album with this band since his voice is much better than when CD was recorded. Also, this band has much more chemistry than the band that did CD. I think new material wouldn't be all over the place like CD was. With that being said, only Axl can make that choice. If he wants to tour, I'll support him by going to the show in the NYC area.

Maybe one day all the songs will be released including the seven songs that the original band did before breaking up. Until then, I'm not holding my breath for a new album and will go to a show IF he comes to NYC or NJ.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #184 on: March 22, 2014, 10:28:47 PM »

I would love a new album with this band since his voice is much better than when CD was recorded. Also, this band has much more chemistry than the band that did CD. I think new material wouldn't be all over the place like CD was.

I agree.  I think he's had more fun these past few tours than...well, than ever. 

Let's face it, in their prime, he almost seemed like he was being forced onstage at gunpoint.  Did not appear to be having a blast with it all.  And I do agree that the 2002 band, while musically interesting, really seemed like a mish mash island of misfit toys sort of collection.

But if you watch him now, he's seems to be digging it out there.  Having fun.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Gilbyfan
Headliner

« Reply #185 on: March 23, 2014, 02:06:19 AM »

I would love a new album with this band since his voice is much better than when CD was recorded. Also, this band has much more chemistry than the band that did CD. I think new material wouldn't be all over the place like CD was. With that being said, only Axl can make that choice. If he wants to tour, I'll support him by going to the show in the NYC area.

Maybe one day all the songs will be released including the seven songs that the original band did before breaking up. Until then, I'm not holding my breath for a new album and will go to a show IF he comes to NYC or NJ.

What seven songs are they? And who do you mean by the original band? They never broke up as such. Steven got fired, Izzy quit, Gilby's pay cheques just stopped, Paul replaced Gilby, Matt got fired and Slash and Duff left all at different times between 1990 and 1998.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #186 on: March 23, 2014, 03:33:52 AM »

What seven songs are they? And who do you mean by the original band? They never broke up as such. Steven got fired, Izzy quit, Gilby's pay cheques just stopped, Paul replaced Gilby, Matt got fired and Slash and Duff left all at different times between 1990 and 1998.

Isn't Zakk Wyldes Pride & Glory containing some songs that could've been Gn'R?

Agree that it would be cool to hear every note Gn'R ever recorded. That said, I hope for a mix of CD II with brand new songs. Just think of the song-writing capacity there is in the band now, especially Tommy and Bumble, and of course: Axl  Smiley

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #187 on: March 23, 2014, 06:05:36 AM »

I would love a new album with this band since his voice is much better than when CD was recorded. Also, this band has much more chemistry than the band that did CD. I think new material wouldn't be all over the place like CD was.

I agree.  I think he's had more fun these past few tours than...well, than ever. 

Let's face it, in their prime, he almost seemed like he was being forced onstage at gunpoint.  Did not appear to be having a blast with it all.  And I do agree that the 2002 band, while musically interesting, really seemed like a mish mash island of misfit toys sort of collection.

But if you watch him now, he's seems to be digging it out there.  Having fun.

definately!  Axl does seem to finally be really having fun on stage- it's pretty clear that he certainly doesn't need the $- he is performing because he wants to &  prolly the easiest line-up to work with for him- they are incredible musicians, reliable& laid back & seem fine with Axl being in charge, period. Axl does what Axl wants & if he didnt want to tour we'd prolly never see him again -which I was very worried about when he basically disappeared between 1994- 2000. It amazes me that he has performed hundreds of awesome shows since 2006 when i was certain i would never see him perform again peace

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #188 on: March 23, 2014, 09:39:35 AM »

Gilby, rumor has it that there were  seven songs worked on by Axl, Slash, Duff, and Matt before Slash left the band.... As far as the original band not breaking up, I consider them broken up. GNR is a name now only. That's it. That's how I view them until something new is produced. I'm fine with that. Like I said, I'll support Axl if he comes to NJ/NYC. I'm most likely will go to the Aerosmith/Slash concert to support Slash as well. 
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #189 on: March 23, 2014, 09:43:16 AM »

Isn't Zakk Wyldes Pride & Glory containing some songs that could've been Gn'R?

Agree that it would be cool to hear every note Gn'R ever recorded. That said, I hope for a mix of CD II with brand new songs. Just think of the song-writing capacity there is in the band now, especially Tommy and Bumble, and of course: Axl  Smiley

I'm not exactly sure if Zakk Wyldes' Pride & Glory has some songs that could have been GNR. I think it would have been amazing having Slash and Zakk in the same band. Too bad that didn't work out.
Gilbyfan
Headliner

« Reply #190 on: March 23, 2014, 08:24:25 PM »

Gilby, rumor has it that there were  seven songs worked on by Axl, Slash, Duff, and Matt before Slash left the band.... As far as the original band not breaking up, I consider them broken up. GNR is a name now only. That's it. That's how I view them until something new is produced. I'm fine with that. Like I said, I'll support Axl if he comes to NJ/NYC. I'm most likely will go to the Aerosmith/Slash concert to support Slash as well. 

As much as we would all love to believe there are seven unheard late Slash era tracks out there, surely in this day and age they would have leaked long before now. And wouldn't Dizzy and Paul have been played on those tracks too? You got any track names or anything?
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: March 23, 2014, 08:50:09 PM »

Gilby- this is what i was referring to http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/102351-the-unreleased-1995-1997-album/
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 08:56:24 PM by draguns » Logged
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #192 on: March 24, 2014, 01:22:03 AM »

As much as we would all love to believe there are seven unheard late Slash era tracks out there, surely in this day and age they would have leaked long before now.

This day and age doesn't prove anything if the material is safely hidden somewhere and has been for years and years. I'm not saying the songs exist but if so they haven't leaked because nobody's touched them. Any new stuff nowadays will leak indeed as we all downloading motherfuckers know.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: