Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:09:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227798 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil, March 22, 2014 updates
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil, March 22, 2014 updates  (Read 65743 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #220 on: March 25, 2014, 03:37:27 PM »

Damn!

Guess you better pee beforehand, huh?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #221 on: March 25, 2014, 03:40:40 PM »

I still think it's a lot of judgment over a pretty brief clip. And, regardless of the year, camera phones do not capture sound well. Sorry, but it's true - if you think you're getting a full range of frequency response from those recordings, you're crazy. Even listening to the recording in question, it's hard to argue that the sound quality is good - it's really not. So, it may not be the best vocal moment of the tour, but I sincerely don't think it sounded like that in the room, and that's a fact whether the performance is good or bad, 2006 or 2014.
Agreed on all counts.

In all fairness, Ali, you also tell me my soundboard recording of a November 2012 show can't be trusted either.

No, I never said that.  That's just your creative reinterpretation of what I said.

Ali
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #222 on: March 25, 2014, 03:40:57 PM »

I am a reader not a poster on here but this thread has got me so annoyed I have to add my two pence worth. Why don't you bitchers and moaners just F... off.
You obviously don't love the band for who they are........The best band on the planet. If you don't agree follow someone else.
I have been lucky enough to see them four times live and have loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of every gig and didn't want any of them to finish. I am lucky enough to be going to see them in Vegas in June and it will be the highlight of my year WITHOUT DOUBT.
I'm just so glad I found Guns n Roses gigs before they stopped performing. No other bands I see live have their energy or presence..........without exception
Rant over
Phil

I wont be as diplomatic.... Phil... fuck off urself ... myself and Dx who are the two posters in this thread who have been "bitching and complaining" ..we are never disrespectful to anybody here

I did not take time to read the rest but that sentence does not really work doesn't it

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #223 on: March 25, 2014, 03:43:53 PM »

I am a reader not a poster on here but this thread has got me so annoyed I have to add my two pence worth. Why don't you bitchers and moaners just F... off.
You obviously don't love the band for who they are........The best band on the planet. If you don't agree follow someone else.
I have been lucky enough to see them four times live and have loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of every gig and didn't want any of them to finish. I am lucky enough to be going to see them in Vegas in June and it will be the highlight of my year WITHOUT DOUBT.
I'm just so glad I found Guns n Roses gigs before they stopped performing. No other bands I see live have their energy or presence..........without exception
Rant over
Phil

I wont be as diplomatic.... Phil... fuck off urself ... myself and Dx who are the two posters in this thread who have been "bitching and complaining" ..we are never disrespectful to anybody here

I did not take time to read the rest but that sentence does not really work doesn't it

well i wont show somebody respect who just comes here ranting and raving curses at people

i dont do that to the people i think are off their rocker ... dont speak to people that way

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #224 on: March 25, 2014, 03:45:17 PM »

I still think it's a lot of judgment over a pretty brief clip. And, regardless of the year, camera phones do not capture sound well. Sorry, but it's true - if you think you're getting a full range of frequency response from those recordings, you're crazy. Even listening to the recording in question, it's hard to argue that the sound quality is good - it's really not. So, it may not be the best vocal moment of the tour, but I sincerely don't think it sounded like that in the room, and that's a fact whether the performance is good or bad, 2006 or 2014.
Agreed on all counts.

In all fairness, Ali, you also tell me my soundboard recording of a November 2012 show can't be trusted either.

No, I never said that.  That's just your creative reinterpretation of what I said.

Then let's clear the air.

I find the soundboard recording of the 11.09.2012 to show Axl in poor voice.  'There Was A Time' probably being the most egregious example.

Am I unqualified to make that statement, as you see it, due to my lack of a ticket stub?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 03:47:29 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #225 on: March 25, 2014, 03:48:45 PM »

Agreed on all counts.

I find the soundboard recording of the 11.09.2012 to show Axl in poor voice.  'There Was A Time' probably being the most egregious example.

Am I unqualified to make that statement, as you see it?

No, I never said that.  I said if you think that show is representative of the show that occurred two weeks later that was filmed for the video release, that assumption is flawed because performances can vary night to night, especially when your body is your instrument (IMO).

On a separate note, I also believe that taking one or two recordings from the audience, either clips or full songs, and saying that is representative of the entire show is also a problematic and flawed extrapolation, IMO.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #226 on: March 25, 2014, 03:53:00 PM »

No, I never said that.  I said if you think that show is representative of the show that occurred two weeks later that was filmed for the video release, that assumption is flawed because performances can vary night to night, especially when your body is your instrument (IMO).

On a separate note, I also believe that taking one or two recordings from the audience, either clips or full songs, and saying that is representative of the entire show is also a problematic and flawed extrapolation, IMO.

I'd certainly agree on your second point.  Because as awful as 'There Was A Time' and 'You Could Be Mine' are that night, 'The Seeker' is awesome.  Hard to believe its the same guy.

Your first point though, I have a tougher time with.  I suppose its possible he geared it up that one night and hit a homerun, but most of the surrounding shows of that time would suggest that was the anomaly of anomalies.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #227 on: March 25, 2014, 03:56:08 PM »

I'd certainly agree on your second point.  Because as awful as 'There Was A Time' and 'You Could Be Mine' are that night, 'The Seeker' is awesome.  Hard to believe its the same guy.

Your first point though, I have a tougher time with.  I suppose its possible he geared it up that one night and hit a homerun, but most of the surrounding shows of that time would suggest that was the anomaly of anomalies.

I was at the last two shows of the first residency, which occurred two and three days after the 11/22/12 concert was filmed.  I felt quite honestly that his voice was stronger at those two shows than the show that was broadcast on Sirius-XM.

Ali
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #228 on: March 25, 2014, 04:18:29 PM »

I do understand the argument of "your not at the show, everyone at the show had a great time etc". Of course the fans are going to have a great time at a GN'R gig. But the way I see it, we are all potential customers to this band-eventually "some" people will stop going to these shows because the band is offering nothing new compared to what they may have already seen 10 times. Last year I saw GN'R for 2 shows in a row, show 1 was exciting, show 2 was underwhelming for a GNR gig because  everything was still predictable with no changes to the setlist at all even though the show was 1 hour away in travel time ( surely the band must of recognised a large amount of fans would attend both shows)

Now shouldnt the die hard fans who have spent thousands and thousands of dollars over the last xxx amount of years be enticed with something new that makes them want to go back to the show again?
Or is playing to the wider audience more important?

It saddens me to think if my favourite band  returned to Austrlia with the same show I have seen already 3 times, that I would question attending.

I love new GN'R , but come on guys the fans who really care about the band are the ones who would like to hear new music, not the ones who want to hear Sweet Child on repeat for two hours.

Axl's current voice is a conpletely new argument.

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #229 on: March 25, 2014, 04:22:09 PM »

I do understand the argument of "your not at the show, everyone at the show had a great time etc". Of course the fans are going to have a great time at a GN'R gig. But the way I see it, we are all potential customers to this band-eventually "some" people will stop going to these shows because the band is offering nothing new compared to what they may have already seen 10 times. Last year I saw GN'R for 2 shows in a row, show 1 was exciting, show 2 was underwhelming for a GNR gig because  everything was still predictable with no changes to the setlist at all even though the show was 1 hour away in travel time ( surely the band must of recognised a large amount of fans would attend both shows)

It also implies that people at the shows and we here on fan message boards are mutually exclusive groups.

Is the argument really that those of us coming to this site and others like literally everyday of our lives, talking endlessly about the band...we aren't going to any of these shows when they come around our way, or at least reasonably close?

Does that really make sense?

NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #230 on: March 25, 2014, 06:39:34 PM »

It also implies that people at the shows and we here on fan message boards are mutually exclusive groups.

Is the argument really that those of us coming to this site and others like literally everyday of our lives, talking endlessly about the band...we aren't going to any of these shows when they come around our way, or at least reasonably close?

No.  U guys r just goin round in circles beating a dead horse. Have you ever seen a movie, seen a play, go to a Vegas show, listen to a CD etc. more than once? they are all pretty much the same each time. Not to compare Michael Jackson to AXL, but he had 50 shows in a row that were scheduled to perform before his death. I think fans were aware that they were gonna b pretty much the exact same songs & show but many already had tickets to multiple shows because they wanted to see a 50 year old music legend perform live, sound familiar? Thing is, the experience is different each time since you are with different people, in a different mood, miss things the first time around etc. I've seen some of my favorite movies 10-20x,  listen to CD's 100's of times throughout the years as do many other people- & those things r exactly the same each time, So this discussion/debate is really pretty silly don't ya think? It's just entertainment which is very subjective, so If ya got something better to do with your time go for it!  ok

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #231 on: March 25, 2014, 07:29:35 PM »

No.  U guys r just goin round in circles beating a dead horse. Have you ever seen a movie, seen a play, go to a Vegas show, listen to a CD etc. more than once? they are all pretty much the same each time. Not to compare Michael Jackson to AXL, but he had 50 shows in a row that were scheduled to perform before his death. I think fans were aware that they were gonna b pretty much the exact same songs & show but many already had tickets to multiple shows because they wanted to see a 50 year old music legend perform live, sound familiar? Thing is, the experience is different each time since you are with different people, in a different mood, miss things the first time around etc. I've seen some of my favorite movies 10-20x,  listen to CD's 100's of times throughout the years as do many other people- & those things r exactly the same each time, So this discussion/debate is really pretty silly don't ya think? It's just entertainment which is very subjective, so If ya got something better to do with your time go for it!  ok
If wanting your favourite band to be creative and play new material is " silly" , then the whole music  industry is a joke and has no credibilty what so ever.

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #232 on: March 25, 2014, 08:51:32 PM »

What i really dont understand is how someone, who is touring with GNR in a beautiful country like Brazil, is wasting his time posting and posting on his message board.

Thats so fucking geeky, i can't even start to explain.

Go out, sightseeing. Do stuff, Meet some hot brazilians. Even for someone who looks like you, there must be some chick.  Wink

rant  That's really rude, I presume Jarmo is paid to do something which might include keeping this forum in order. However personal attacks are totally uncalled for.  rant
Avalona
Opening Act

« Reply #233 on: March 26, 2014, 01:45:40 AM »

What i really dont understand is how someone, who is touring with GNR in a beautiful country like Brazil, is wasting his time posting and posting on his message board.

Thats so fucking geeky, i can't even start to explain.

Go out, sightseeing. Do stuff, Meet some hot brazilians. Even for someone who looks like you, there must be some chick.  Wink

rant  That's really rude, I presume Jarmo is paid to do something which might include keeping this forum in order. However personal attacks are totally uncalled for.  rant

I know there's no need to defend Jarmo because he's pretty kickass doing an awesome job on posting on his message board. I just wonder at times where he finds the devotion and patience handing us all this first hand info and tending to this board when some peeps just want to jump at him for doing so.

but yeah, he's touring with GNR in a beautiful country like Brazil and still finds the time and spirit of sharing with us. totally geeky. btw anybody notice the geeky guy always gets the hot quality "chicks" in grown up life?
I guess pity really is for free but envy is hard earned.

I tyvm Jarmo and give us more pwease!!! I want pics! pics pics pics!
Avalona
Opening Act

« Reply #234 on: March 26, 2014, 03:37:08 AM »

I guess Axl's style of singing has developed quite a bit over the years. but listening to some older and new shows it's pretty obvious how strong and mesmerizing his voice is. Imo he might have become a bit too perfect, too accurate. I miss the edgy and scruffy and emotion filled screaming in key. I just really don't see the gain of comparing individual shows with one another. anybody who has ever played an instrument knows how performance can be affected, e.g. by the vibe of the crowd, the venue, the emotions and memories tied to a song, the mood, health, equipment, echoes, the way you hear the band and your own playing, etc.
on vocals it's just a tad tighter, even the slightest cold affects. what you gonna do when you wake up in the morning and you're voice is gone...
so picking out bits and pieces of songs of a live set, ofc you will find a mistake at some point, something that went off. a song that just doesn't rise to some other performance of the same song. maybe even an entire show that went all wrong. but that's why it is a live show and not playback.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #235 on: April 01, 2014, 04:34:13 PM »

http://youtu.be/n-CZAt0caFY?t=11m44s
i finally found it! Teenage Kicks and the first part of Dizzy Fucking Reeds new solo

i love this
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:37:15 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R