Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:40:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil, March 22, 2014 updates
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil, March 22, 2014 updates  (Read 65762 times)
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2014, 10:47:33 AM »

Even with songs from CD, GNR it's still a nostalgia act. CD will be 6 yrs. old this year, not exactly a new album anymore. Songs from CD have been played for about 10 years now.

Anyhow, I'm fine with this. I live in the U.S. now, but every time I go back to Hungary, I make sure to catch this GNR cover band called Hollywood Rose (www.hollywoodrose.hu) just to see them play GNR classics. They're pretty good, probably the best cover band I've seen out there.

All this is for me, seeing someone play the classics, and if it happens to be GNR who's playing even better.
.   I think Appetite for Destruction is considered the best by a lot but I'll just crank Appetite if wanna just hear classics- Watching one of the greatest frontman that has ever walked this earth  perform them is definately worth being majorly inconvenienced to witness however! ok
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:51:30 AM by NCrazy » Logged

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2014, 02:01:56 PM »

Who needs enemies, when you've got fans like this?  no I'm way more tired of the constant setlist bitching than the setlist itself. To be honest I don't give a rats ass what they're playing or not playing at a show I'm not attending. And if I were, I'd be happy to see my favorite band live & hear my favorite songs. It's not that fucking serious. I'll take this over the 10+ year wait & silence before CD. Calm your tits, people.  Sure a new song would be nice to hear, all for it, but at the end of the day, Axl nor anyone else really owes any of us shit. His band, his songs, his shows, he can do what he wants and if people wanna pay for it, good for him. If you don't wanna pay or see the show, good for you. But sitting at home surrounded by empty beer cans and refreshing a messageboard thread in hopes of a shitty video of a new gn'r song being played thousands of miles away from your ass is just silly as fuck. Let alone crying and bitching and being "done" over said mystery song not being played.

peace

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2014, 02:10:40 PM »

Who needs enemies, when you've got fans like this?  no I'm way more tired of the constant setlist bitching than the setlist itself. To be honest I don't give a rats ass what they're playing or not playing at a show I'm not attending. And if I were, I'd be happy to see my favorite band live & hear my favorite songs. It's not that fucking serious. I'll take this over the 10+ year wait & silence before CD. Calm your tits, people.  Sure a new song would be nice to hear, all for it, but at the end of the day, Axl nor anyone else really owes any of us shit. His band, his songs, his shows, he can do what he wants and if people wanna pay for it, good for him. If you don't wanna pay or see the show, good for you. But sitting at home surrounded by empty beer cans and refreshing a messageboard thread in hopes of a shitty video of a new gn'r song being played thousands of miles away from your ass is just silly as fuck. Let alone crying and bitching and being "done" over said mystery song not being played.

peace

I agree.   ok

If there was a new song played, I'd be more excited if I was there.  Getting a pinched recording of a new song wouldn't be my preferred way to first hear a song.

Ali
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2014, 02:38:23 PM »

peace

I agree.   ok

If there was a new song played, I'd be more excited if I was there.  Getting a pinched recording of a new song wouldn't be my preferred way to first hear a song.

Ali
Exactly.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2014, 03:06:23 PM »

peace

Wow, you aced your Jarmo 101 class.  So I take it no one (unless they were at the show) can comment on what the band/Axl sounded like?  Did you see that NR clip?  Putting it in the best light possible...it sounded less than desirable.  But wait, that's probably because the band uses the first few shows as warmups, right?  So we need to wait until the tour's in mid-stream and then the band will be sounding tight, right?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2014, 03:17:02 PM »

peace

Wow, you aced your Jarmo 101 class.  So I take it no one (unless they were at the show) can comment on what the band/Axl sounded like?  Did you see that NR clip?  Putting it in the best light possible...it sounded less than desirable.  But wait, that's probably because the band uses the first few shows as warmups, right?  So we need to wait until the tour's in mid-stream and then the band will be sounding tight, right?
I think she was talking more about the criticisms about setlists and the desire to have a new song played from people following the shows at home.

Ali
ignaliza
Opening Act

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2014, 03:31:08 PM »

peace

I agree.   ok

Ali

Well, there are ways, Metallica released the studio demo of their new song right after they played it for the first time in Colombia
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2014, 04:06:42 PM »

peace

I agree.   ok

Ali

Well, there are ways, Metallica released the studio demo of their new song right after they played it for the first time in Colombia
Thats why Metallica have messageboards.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2014, 04:15:15 PM »

Retweeted by Bumblefoot
 UYOENT ‏@UYOENT
Amazing photo : Ron ?@Bumblefoot? Thal Guitar solo Guns n Roses by Leonardo Nascimento #GNRRio #GNRSA #500px http://500px.com/photo/64548997?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2014, 04:19:21 PM »

Chris
Guns N Roses back and Fukn shit up again. Playing Live is our Drugz #GNR #CPitmanofficial

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2014, 04:22:40 PM »

A S H B A ‏@DjASHBA
Thank you for being such a great crowd Brazil!! I F'N love you ALL!

ignaliza
Opening Act

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2014, 04:26:11 PM »

peace

I agree.   ok

Ali

Thats why Metallica have messageboards.

Im talking about ways, alternatives
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2014, 06:08:19 PM »

I really wonder if they'd keep the same set in the US too. I think Hard Rock said at one point that this time's residency will be a new production. Starting out with Chinese again and doing the same thing is not exactly a new production... I don't care much for new songs, all I want from Vegas a 2:30+ hours of GNR.

I always regarded South America as warm up shows anyways, would be surprised if new stuff comes up once they return to the States. Sorry for the fox buying tix to 1st shows, but GNR are never at their best on the first couple of shows.
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2014, 07:33:09 PM »

Chris
Guns N Roses back and Fukn shit up again. Playing Live is our Drugz #GNR #CPitmanofficial

Thats a rad picture

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2014, 08:44:22 PM »

peace

I know right? What a bunch of whingers we are. Axl has spent all this time, effort, money and emotion to get where he wants to be. They state that they are going to play 3 new songs during the current run and maybe they will, but my hopes aren't high. They were going to release a couple of Blu-Ray's too and two follow up albums to CD and...

Now Axl clearly thinks being out of shape, unable to perform vocally as his own songs require and playing the same stuff over and over is what his "true" vision of GNR really is but all of these things, in the end have amounted to naught but might have beens...

This band isn't a joke it is what it is, a nostalgic cash grab. If they were in Australia instead of South America right now they'd get some of mine too, because I would pay to see them and people on the internet would think I had the "authority" to dislike having heard CD, Jungle, It's so easy, Brownstone, Estranged in that order for the 75th time in a row I suppose?

Because apparently that's the only way you're allowed to support GNR now. You certainly aren't allowed to be critical in any way of this stale remnant of the once 'most dangerous band in the world' even when the band members themselves are...

thinkaboutyou
Headliner

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2014, 09:10:54 PM »

I don't see how GNR fans can think they have a right to hear a new song it's just self entitlement and you guys aren't even at the show.
The people at the show are enjoying themselves

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2014, 09:23:18 PM »

peace

I know right? What a bunch of whingers we are. Axl has spent all this time, effort, money and emotion to get where he wants to be. They state that they are going to play 3 new songs during the current run and maybe they will, but my hopes aren't high. They were going to release a couple of Blu-Ray's too and two follow up albums to CD and...

Now Axl clearly thinks being out of shape, unable to perform vocally as his own songs require and playing the same stuff over and over is what his "true" vision of GNR really is but all of these things, in the end have amounted to naught but might have beens...

This band isn't a joke it is what it is, a nostalgic cash grab. If they were in Australia instead of South America right now they'd get some of mine too, because I would pay to see them and people on the internet would think I had the "authority" to dislike having heard CD, Jungle, It's so easy, Brownstone, Estranged in that order for the 75th time in a row I suppose?

Because apparently that's the only way you're allowed to support GNR now. You certainly aren't allowed to be critical in any way of this stale remnant of the once 'most dangerous band in the world' even when the band members themselves are...

I am so lost. Who told these freaks that there are gonna be 3 new songs?
My deal is I would only complain about shows I ACTUALLY WENT TO.
You guys are too much. Obsessed with negativity.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2014, 09:28:55 PM »

mrsbumblefoot@gunsnroses #belohorizonte

That can't be 60,000 people as I heard?  Shocked  What is the real number?
What is this story that Axl didn't play Rocket Queen in Rio because
of a death. If true and real upset I am glad they didn't cancel this show.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2014, 10:05:44 PM »

Chris

Thats a rad picture
What would you consider a new production?  Like NIN changing from festival to indoor (with band of Cool, to overseas (band of 4 to be more aggressive); new setlists each time? That's changes in production.

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2014, 10:32:05 PM »

Who has never thought any of this?  Be honest.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: