Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:43:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  So why is the DUFF topic locked?
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So why is the DUFF topic locked?  (Read 17558 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« on: April 01, 2014, 08:28:32 AM »

or am I mistaken .. cant reply to it anymore? did axl change his mind? ha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 08:41:52 AM »

i'm asking that myself aswell. stupid

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 10:03:44 AM »

Only on a guns N roses message board does the original bass player rejoin the band for a few shows and we are not allowed to talk about it....

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:12:24 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 11:18:46 AM »

Thats incorrect: only on HTGTH you can't

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Princess Leia
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 11:28:28 AM »

I?d like to think it?s an April Fool joke. Please tell me it?s a joke  Huh
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 11:47:54 AM »

You have to hope its an April Fool's joke.

But that's likely an easier sell if there was any history of levity around here, no?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 11:52:03 AM »

If this is locked for some reason...preventing reunion talk or something like that....

then I have to really reconsider why I choose this site to post... I like that people are respectful and there are no constant Axl is fat posts

but if Axl rose invites an original member to join the fun... and we cant talk about it?

what is the point of this place?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 11:54:05 AM »

I am hoping we get a message that they just want to wait until every detail is ironed out

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 12:05:18 PM »

The only posts at this entire site in the past hour have been in this thread.  Is that a sign of something?

If this was an April Fool's joke, I'm not sure it landed.  And as I said, that would have to be chalked up to the fact that there is never any levity around here.

I know that I had 5 posts outright deleted yesterday of the jokey variety.  If we are suddenly all about the comedy around here, its a new development.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 12:46:45 PM »

funny that a mod opens the thread, posts sth in it and closes it again.

pure comedy this forum

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 01:09:26 PM »

I understand the mission statement of this place and why it is done, and I am ok with it....

but this is absurd

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 01:52:06 PM »

Not totally out of left field though.

Jarmo was conspicuously silent on the whole thing.  Didn't really say much, even after confirmation.

Thing I don't get is that Axl is clearly OK with this.  So why isn't Jarmo?

Weirdness.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 02:42:28 PM »

Not totally out of left field though.

Jarmo was conspicuously silent on the whole thing.  Didn't really say much, even after confirmation.

Thing I don't get is that Axl is clearly OK with this.  So why isn't Jarmo?

Weirdness.

you cant talk about "demanding" a new album
you cant talk about Slash... unless ofcourse its how he lies and holds up DVD releases
you cant talk about the setlist unless you think its great that its basically the same every night

and to an extent i understand all of those

but now... AXL ROSE the guy who this board is dedicated to... invites a former member of GNR back... and that's off limits too ?

obviously jarmo does not owe any of us anything... hes gunna lose zero sleep tonight if any of us decide not to chime in here...but id appreciate some kind of logical explanation

look in the thread...everybody is excited to see Duff play... and thats bad?

if he tells me its for some legal reason or something and that its not 100 percent yet... then ill take back what ive said and apologize

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Princess Leia
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 03:53:31 PM »

It is a sure thing. Yesterday Duff confirmed in his twitter. He is performing in Argentina, Paraguay, Bolivia and Brazil. Also his wife Susan in her twitter said they are going to South America.

Really it doesn?t make any sense to lock that thread. At least move it to the ex members forum if it is a crime to talk about Duff in the GN?R forum but don?t lock it
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 03:55:58 PM »

It is a sure thing. Yesterday Duff confirmed in his twitter. He is performing in Argentina, Paraguay, Bolivia and Brazil. Also his wife Susan in her twitter said they are going to South America.

Really it doesn?t make any sense to lock that thread. At least move it to the ex members forum if it is a crime to talk about Duff in the GN?R forum but don?t lock it

Agreed.

And the thread was pretty much nothing but positivity.  It was probably the most positive thread of the first 5 or 6 on that page.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 05:34:59 PM »

Although I post here occasionally and not myGNR (way negative), shit like this is why this forum is dead as a fucking duck. There's nothing to discuss here! Why wouldn't fans be talking about this?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 06:07:27 PM »

Although I post here occasionally and not myGNR (way negative), shit like this is why this forum is dead as a fucking duck. There's nothing to discuss here! Why wouldn't fans be talking about this?

I love your sig.  What a great flick.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 03:02:25 PM »

i dont ever get posts deleted...and today i got one

i dont think its Jarmo... what the hell is going on over here lately?

i said this version of GNR hasnt ever released a song.... is that incorrect ?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 05:18:42 PM »

i dont ever get posts deleted...and today i got one

i dont think its Jarmo... what the hell is going on over here lately?

i said this version of GNR hasnt ever released a song.... is that incorrect ?

Yeah, I don't think it was Jarmo that nuked our entire exchange the other day.

I have had exchanges with Jarmo directly, some that got a bit testy, and he never deleted any of them.  In fact, I've taken to mentioning that on other boards.  That Jarmo's rep isn't really fair because he give me a lot of leeway.

But as for that post of your that got tossed, I don't get it.  What's inaccurate about that?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 05:45:04 PM »

you cant talk about Slash...

Say hello to your new best friend: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=15.0

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 05:46:58 PM »

Jarmo, don't you think some of your deputies are making you look bad on some of this?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 08:42:04 AM »

my deleted post had nothing to do with that awful 5 letter word ...dont know why you take this approach.. im one of the most consistent posters on this board at present time if you take out the people who only post how amazing each show is or how"hot" Axl looks

but its ur deal.. whatever...my bad I guess

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 11:20:54 AM »

If Jarmo was all about post deletion, I'd have a lot fewer posts.

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2014, 06:41:36 PM »

Jarmo, don't you think some of your deputies are making you look bad on some of this?

How about you answer this post Jarmo?, this is coming from a long time member from this site Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2014, 07:44:34 PM »

Make me look bad? No.

We all make decisions. Sometimes it's about locking a thread. If it was the wrong call, it's easy to fix. No big deal.
Do I worry about it making me look bad? Not really...

If somebody's opinion on me is based on the number of threads that get locked or moved here, then good for them!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2014, 05:59:30 PM »

I was making the point that some of your deputies seem quicker on the trigger than you.

Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: