Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:26:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  What do you think of Axl's voice right now?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you think of Axl's voice right now?  (Read 19985 times)
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 03:57:43 AM »

ive checked videos of the show,i think Axl is improving his voice he sing civil war with rasp in some parts,but he is far from what i saw in 2010.I would love to know wtf happens with his voice,maybe he blow it he has been in the road since 2008 and his way of sing is hard for the troath,i think we all have tried to sound like axl sometimes Grin but........i dont know.

I've seen the band in 2010, 2011 and 2014, and trust me he never had a better voice than last night. Youtube is no parameter at all.

its and old discusion we are in 2014,magic its not longer real,the cameras dont steal your soul,and with youtube you can see and watch how good axl sound in 2006 and 2010 and how is sounding in 2011-2014.

And as i said before, i saw the band in 2006,2010 and 2012 and in 2012 i enjoy the show but i realized he was not singing with rasp . Are you going to say my that the song my michelle was singing right?
Princess Leia
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2014, 09:49:27 AM »

where exactly is that moment?

There are 2. One right before Patience, during the BBF and Richard jammin?. And also near the end of Patience he played some wierd riff a la Angus Young or something.

Watch the Patience video and you?ll see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4cPN45Kzi8
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 09:54:06 AM by Princess Leia » Logged
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2014, 09:53:30 AM »

you mean between the break right?

yea, DJ is a fucking poser.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 09:56:23 AM »

ive checked videos of the show,i think Axl is improving his voice he sing civil war with rasp in some parts,but he is far from what i saw in 2010.I would love to know wtf happens with his voice,maybe he blow it he has been in the road since 2008 and his way of sing is hard for the troath,i think we all have tried to sound like axl sometimes Grin but........i dont know.

I've seen the band in 2010, 2011 and 2014, and trust me he never had a better voice than last night. Youtube is no parameter at all.

its and old discusion we are in 2014,magic its not longer real,the cameras dont steal your soul,and with youtube you can see and watch how good axl sound in 2006 and 2010 and how is sounding in 2011-2014.

Hahahaha

How some of these arguments are made with a straight face, I'll never know.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2014, 11:00:39 AM »

Hahahaha

Okay.  As I watch some of these beyond amazing vids, (been waiting all tour for these) I am thinking this is one of the most incredible concerts...Thank you Thank you GNR and Axl and Duff..  This is a GNR dream for me.

On Paradise City, Axl blew me away.  He sang the shit out of it!  I give a 10 out of 10 including that Duff played.  Not comparing to past shows.  Back in the 80's, all we had were 1 or two bootlegs, and a few tv performances. I am looking at each vid as if I were in the audience.   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODSe13cQC9o

On YCBM, Axl gave me moments where when I close my eyes, I could see him 22 years ago...(yes, I do this sometimes so be easy on me)   But again, seeing Duff was so unreal, that imagining being at this show is heavenly!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yynNBVuhlMo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yynNBVuhlMo (Shackler's with Duff)  I am freaking dreaming.  Axl sings the shit out of this.  Such a hard song!  WOW   

More comments coming!

I love every aspect of GNR.  They are the worlds greatest rock show ever.  Axl really blew me away with this show! 

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2014, 11:29:08 AM »

He sings good on these, not as good as 2006 or 2010 though.
 But if you seriously compare these to 22 years ago, then you're just delusional

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2014, 11:34:37 AM »

Hahahaha

Straight face? what happens to axl voice? is the only who cant be capture on youtube? ive seen tons of bootlegs of iron maiden,metallica,acdc,black sabbath and you can see when they fuck up.But here there are some guys that belive in witchery? LOL and you tell me with a straight face,i put some irony btw.

Compare 2010 shacklers revenge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQpk2_Xzb-8

with 2014 shacklers revenge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujr0zAEGTwI

dont you miss something?

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:42:58 AM by kukol1978 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2014, 11:59:01 AM »

He sings good on these, not as good as 2006 or 2010 though.
 But if you seriously compare these to 22 years ago, then you're just delusional

I can maybe if you think its your duty to put the best spin on matters.  Or that "loyalty" is defined as a constant state of rose colored glasses.  I agree with neither approach, but do know that thinking is out there.

Just keep it real world.  I would never take a shot at someone that said "he sounds good enough to me."  I wouldn't agree, but its all good.

But to go as far as "he's better than ever"??  Now that, I can't abide.  Shots fired.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:03:47 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2014, 12:03:24 PM »

Straight face? what happens to axl voice? is the only who cant be capture on youtube? ive seen tons of bootlegs of iron maiden,metallica,acdc,black sabbath and you can see when they fuck up.But here there are some guys that belive in witchery? LOL and you tell me with a straight face,i put some irony btw.

Youtube seemed to become unreliable on 10.2.2011.  That's when you can trace back to when you have to start believing in ghosts in the machine.

kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2014, 12:48:40 PM »

Youtube seemed to become unreliable on 10.2.2011.  That's when you can trace back to when you have to start believing in ghosts in the machine.

Ah sorry i forgot to turn on the button for the rasp mode for the videos from 2011-2014.Sorry,my bad!.Now,everything is ok.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2014, 12:50:38 PM »

Go to any other band's forum and post a clip of that band.

There is zero discussion how Youtube is unreliable, can't be trusted, and if you weren't in the building that night, you can just fuck right off.

kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2014, 01:06:18 PM »

Go to any other band's forum and post a clip of that band.

There is zero discussion how Youtube is unreliable, can't be trusted, and if you weren't in the building that night, you can just fuck right off.

i was at mallorca 2012 show,i realized how he sounded in most of the songs,and then i went to youtube and was the same but less louder.  ok Sorry,witchery is not truth.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2014, 01:07:04 PM »

I don't agree that YouTube is "no" parameter at all.  But, at the same time, the opinions of those in attendance should not be dismissed.  That doesn't happen here as much, but it does happen...elsewhere.

Ali
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2014, 01:15:04 PM »

I think we all know that rasp came so much more naturally in 2010.

Question, is rasp everything? Do you pay to hear rasp? I don't think many songs have rasp on the album release. Appetite is a clean for a start.

That's what it boils down too. I listen to that 2014 shakler's and to me Axl Rose is still worth me paying out for. The songs are still worth it.

To the guy at the mallorca show... You realised you witnessed the longest show on that tour and you had izzy? You got your money worth there.

Also, the setlists from 2011 are far longer and better than 2010. So for me the overall show is better since  2011. However, I agree the voice isn't.

Also, I'm pretty die hard and like to get down the front, and if im honest I can hardly hear Axl half of the time anyway, but I feel i'm actually apart of the show than when i'm stood further back.

jamesdm
Rocker

Lizard King - The One

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2014, 01:22:01 PM »

I don't agree that YouTube is "no" parameter at all.  But, at the same time, the opinions of those in attendance should not be dismissed.  That doesn't happen here as much, but it does happen...elsewhere.

Ali

There's a BIG diference of youtube and live. I was there the other night and is allways like that.
Youtube is not a parameter to compare.
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2014, 01:26:24 PM »

I think we all know that rasp came so much more naturally in 2010.

Question, is rasp everything? Do you pay to hear rasp? I don't think many songs have rasp on the album release. Appetite is a clean for a start.

That's what it boils down too. I listen to that 2014 shakler's and to me Axl Rose is still worth me paying out for. The songs are still worth it.

To the guy at the mallorca show... You realised you witnessed the longest show on that tour and you had izzy? You got your money worth there.

Also, the setlists from 2011 are far longer and better than 2010. So for me the overall show is better since  2011. However, I agree the voice isn't.

Also, I'm pretty die hard and like to get down the front, and if im honest I can hardly hear Axl half of the time anyway, but I feel i'm actually apart of the show than when i'm stood further back.

As i said before i enjoyed the show,but i did notice during civil war,ycbm,estranged,roquet queen and many others that he was using that falsetto.His voice is not the same sinc 2010.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2014, 01:37:20 PM »

To your first point, people pay to hear the artist they became a fan of.  No artist sounds exactly like the record, but its fairly close.  Axl these days, sadly, is not.  It does not sound like the same guy.  And I mean the same guy as 5 years ago.  Don't even think about comparing him to the albums.

As to your second point, that's exactly what I was talking about earlier.  If it still works for you and you can roll with it, good for you.  Despite all my "hating" and obvious blasphemy about the man, the next time he comes around the way, I will likely go.  And, like you, I know what I am getting and make my peace with it before I put the money down. 

There will be no surprises.  I know I will be attending a very watered down performance that does not stack up with his past.  That's just life in the big city.  I have always said that a lesser Axl is better than no Axl at all, which has also been my stance on the new line-up for 10 years.  No, its not anything close to what it was.  But if my choices are what we have now or nothing, literally nothing, then obviously...give me this.

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2014, 02:01:42 PM »

Ali

There's a BIG diference of youtube and live. I was there the other night and is allways like that.

There's NO difference.

The only difference is that you're in the middle of a screaming crowd, jumpin, drinkin, watching at the lights, at the pyros etc. You're not focused only on the voice. That's it.

Rasp is not everything, I personally love clean voice. But to Axl is everything, it's his trademark. His clean voice doesn't sound good, it's frail, weak....It sounds like he's trying to put a lot of energy in but he just can't. Hope he will get better, I want to hear him screaming like a god again  Grin
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2014, 02:18:27 PM »

Ali

There's NO difference.

The only difference is that you're in the middle of a screaming crowd, jumpin, drinkin, watching at the lights, at the pyros etc. You're not focused only on the voice. That's it.

Rasp is not everything, I personally love clean voice. But to Axl is everything, it's his trademark. His clean voice doesn't sound good, it's frail, weak....It sounds like he's trying to put a lot of energy in but he just can't. Hope he will get better, I want to hear him screaming like a god again  Grin

This is exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned people being dismissive of those in attendance.  It's ridiculous to make blanket statements and dismissals like this as if somehow being there in attendance affects your ability to hear among the throngs of screaming people, yet listening to a cell phone recording from someone who was standing in the middle of the throngs of people is clear and unaffected.  Also, not everyone drinks and jumps around and doesn't pay attention to what they're hearing and seeing.

I'll also have to disagree on your assessment of his clean voice.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2014, 02:20:27 PM »

There's NO difference.

The problem is one of credibility.  

No one said shit about Youtube's supposed unreliability when he sounded great.  Along the same lines, no one has ever posted a clip of him sounding great, and then throwing in that its that pesky unreliable Youtube, so who knows if its accurate?  These things simply don't happen.  Youtube gets called into question when you have to put lipstick on a pig.

And yes, that last bit is most people's whole problem.  It does sound weak.  What we hear these days is barely Axl Rose.  And it sounds like a guy trying to do an Axl Rose performance, but can't any longer.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: