Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:31:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  La Paz, Bolivia, April 12, 2014 updates
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: La Paz, Bolivia, April 12, 2014 updates  (Read 41528 times)
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »

Jarmo,

Did you see GNR live in concert in 87-93 era? Smiley

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2014, 11:20:24 AM »

Jarmo,

Sometimes, you do have to wonder.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
tormod
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2014, 11:25:57 AM »

Jarmo,

and remember, youtube doesn`t count!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2014, 11:30:52 AM »

Jarmo,

and remember, youtube doesn`t count!

And presumably he can't comment because he was not at those shows.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2014, 11:32:14 AM »

Jarmo,

Yes.

Traveled for six hours, show started kinda late, arrived home early next morning.
No complaints.

So you see, even back then, it was a case of "they do what they want".
Some things don't change no matter how many posts you make about it. Wink

There goes your theory that I didn't see the old band.... Sorry. Smiley

I'll take this to mean that I am free to respond to you how I see fit, based on what is given to me.  The walking on eggshells portion of the program is over.

You can try.

I pointed out the fact that your opinion had nothing to do with the change in the set for this show. Why is that an issue?
Yes, I'm super thrilled that the change made you happy. Great!

But I've been at the shows and seen the crowds. Even when they opened with the regular songs in the regular order. People didn't exactly seem upset about it.

You always make it sound like you're some poor victim when I reply to your posts.
If you're such a big boy how come you're always looking for sympathy?

On another note, anything you want to say about the band playing over 2.5 hours at that altitude?

Have you ever experienced altitude like that?

It's something you can't really understand watching Youtube clips...

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:34:10 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2014, 12:05:45 PM »

On another note, anything you want to say about the band playing over 2.5 hours at that altitude?

Have you ever experienced altitude like that?

It's something you can't really understand watching Youtube clips...

/jarmo

I must admit I was very surprised with the final lenght of the show, and the overall performance of the band. The altitude in La Paz is no joke at all (i remember being in a taxicab going to the airport, and seeing the clouds at the same level of the car), and I had a bad time the first of the three days I was there (had to take some pills to start adapting)

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2014, 12:05:55 PM »

I pointed out the fact that your opinion had nothing to do with the change in the set for this show. Why is that an issue?

Because its a phony point you introduced to rail against.

The actual point I made was that even this slight change was well received, so maybe doing it more often would be a good idea.  On a grander scale, even better.

But hey, I can suck on that version of 'Its So Easy' the other night, I suppose, because all is well in GNRland.  Just ask you.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:09:05 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2014, 12:08:18 PM »

I must admit I was very surprised with the final lenght of the show, and the overall performance of the band. The altitude in La Paz is no joke at all (i remember being in a taxicab going to the airport, and seeing the clouds at the same level of the car), and I had a bad time the first of the three days I was there (had to take some pills to start adapting)

It is, but let's not go overboard here.

They scheduled a show there and sold tickets to it.  It wasn't like any of this was a surprise. 

I mean, if you schedule an outdoor show in Miami in the middle of July, you can't be surprised when its hot.  Or expect a medal because you endured it.  You set it up.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2014, 12:16:28 PM »

Because its a phony point you introduced to rail against.

The actual point I made was that even this slight change was well received, so maybe doing it more often would be a good idea.  On a grander scale, even better.

But hey, I can suck on that version of 'Its So Easy' the other night, I suppose, because all is well in GNRland.  Just ask you.

It's phony? It's still a fact!

All is well. Shows have been going great, amazing crowds at the shows.

DuffMcKagan: Gracias LA Paz! Great f*cking crowd. Axl's voice is SO on. @axlrose . Even at 13k feet! Anyhow, it was honor playing for y'all.

It is, but let's not go overboard here.

They scheduled a show there and sold tickets to it.  It wasn't like any of this was a surprise. 

I mean, if you schedule an outdoor show in Miami in the middle of July, you can't be surprised when its hot.  Or expect a medal because you endured it.  You set it up.

Haha.

You weren't there, you probably never experienced the altitude. I had read about it, but until I actually experienced it, it was like a different thing.

Yes, everybody knew about it since the show was booked. What nobody knew was how it would play out. We got a over 2.5 hour show and you trying to down play it, is just somewhat hilarious and expected.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2014, 12:20:21 PM »

Yes, everybody knew about it since the show was booked. What nobody knew was how it would play out. We got a over 2.5 hour show and you trying to down play it, is just somewhat hilarious and expected.

I'm talking to a guy that thinks its a real feather in their cap when they schedule a tour and actually show up and play the dates. 

To you, this is amazeballs.  To the rest of the world, its the job. 

gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2014, 12:25:00 PM »

Jarmo,

I never said you didnt see him or write a theory.  You must have imagined I wrote that cause I didn't.  I wanted to know how you compare the bands.

jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2014, 12:30:00 PM »

Funny thing is, with tired/recycled setlists, no new material, and Jarmo acting as an arrogant mouthpiece for the band here, I have no interest in seeing this band live again. Pretty sure Robin Fink was in the band last I saw it, left early because it was the same/similar set @ MSG. Oh, and yes, I saw Guns a couple of times back in the day. 'Twas much more exciting back then, that much I know.
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2014, 12:33:27 PM »

Jarmo acts as if they are still as good as 87-93!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2014, 12:36:15 PM »

I'm talking to a guy that thinks its a real feather in their cap when they schedule a tour and actually show up and play the dates. 

To you, this is amazeballs.  To the rest of the world, its the job. 

Seriously?
What part don't you understand about the altitude and it's effects on people?

Instead of an hour long show, or maybe 90 minutes, we got over two and a half hours. Why can't you admit that it's not something ordinary like a hot or cold show?

Jarmo,

I never said you didnt see him or write a theory.  You must have imagined I wrote that cause I didn't.  I wanted to know how you compare the bands.

It's like comparing myself to who I was at that moment. Different things.

I enjoyed the show then, I enjoy the shows now.
It's my favorite band.

and Jarmo acting as an arrogant mouthpiece for the band here,

Read my signature.

Cheesy

Jarmo acts as if they are still as good as 87-93!

I act like a person who was in La Paz and at the show we're talking about in this thread while most of you weren't there.....

Tiny difference.

If you never experienced it, you're gonna argue with me that it's no big deal? Come on!

/jarmo

jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2014, 12:36:22 PM »

I'm not trying to say they sound bad in any way - I actually think they are rather stupendous live. They just need to shake something up.
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2014, 12:38:05 PM »

No, but Jarmo, you act as if Axl still sounds like he used to.  Can you ever admit that he doesnt???

Give me some sort of acknowledgement that Axl sings differently.  He sings way higher and doesnt have the total power!

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2014, 12:40:18 PM »

Read my signature.

No one alive believes that nonsense.

Anyone ever go back and read old threads here?  I did, the other night.  You weren't nearly as dismissive of talk of the old band even 10 years back.

Then...SOMETHING changed.  Wonder what?

gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2014, 12:41:23 PM »

Jarmo probably would say that if Slash joined GNR, Jarmo would be mad and not like the band!

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2014, 12:42:36 PM »

Jarmo probably would say that if Slash joined GNR, Jarmo would be mad and not like the band!

He'd fall right back in line.  Don't kid yourself.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2014, 12:45:48 PM »

No, but Jarmo, you act as if Axl still sounds like he used to.  Can you ever admit that he doesnt???

Give me some sort of acknowledgement that Axl sings differently.  He sings way higher and doesnt have the total power!

God some of you are funny.
I know he's not the same angry 25 year old anymore.

Read my signature.

No one alive believes that nonsense.

Anyone ever go back and read old threads here?  I did, the other night.  You weren't nearly as dismissive of talk of the old band even 10 years back.

Then...SOMETHING changed.  Wonder what?

Because some of you guys live in fantasy world.
What happened? People experience things, some don't.

So another topic about me. Yay!

None of you can acknowledge the fact that the show was way longer what anybody expected.... Funny.

Wait? What?
You're the one who stopped liking the band, not me.....

The amazing thing is that some of you have a very hard time saying anything nice about the band and yet you feel like you're owed some kind of sympathy from me.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:52:17 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: