Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:11:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227812 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  La Paz, Bolivia, April 12, 2014 updates
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: La Paz, Bolivia, April 12, 2014 updates  (Read 41259 times)
Boksick
Opening Act

« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2014, 08:37:52 PM »

Unfortunately I don't have too much time to post in here, but I check this forum almost everyday. It was my lifetime dream come true last saturday, I am not from La Paz so I travel ther with my sister and my cousin...stayed in line for 8 hours, wait for GNR for 3 more hours...but you have to add those hours to years of waiting my all time favourite band to play live in my country! It was an amazing experience I will remember till the day I die.

The show was great, the only "bad thing" was they didn't play more songs from CD, but it didn't matter at all cuz the band played tight, Axl's voice was amazing (though he kinda choked a bit during Patience) n having the show being opened with YCBM made me lost a bet cuz I was sure (as many of the fans) that they would open with CD, but as it took me by surprise I went fucking nuts! Pretty cool setlist change.

For me the best songs of the night were This I Love n Estranged.

Having Duff on stage was a bittersweet feeling cuz I was mindblowed by seeing him right in front of me, but was missing Tommy at the same time. Hope life will give the chance to see them again so I can hear Tommy's basslines in Better!

Thanks to Guns N' Roses for the best night in my life, thank God for giving me the chance to hear n see Axl Rose.

I still cannot believe this happened!!!
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2014, 10:37:13 PM »

Hey mate happy for you that ya finally got to see G N' R!!! Thanks for sharing your experience.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2014, 11:06:20 PM »

Its really a validation of all the people that have been going hoarse the past few years begging for even the slightest bit of variety.

Look at the reality of the situation.  All they did was tack 2 songs out of order before their standard setlist, and people went nuts for it.

Hopefully, a teachable moment for the man in charge.

Yet the irony of it all is that they didn't make the change for you or people like yourself!

I know it hurts that your "feedback" doesn't really matter, but that's the truth.

If La PAz was at a "normal" altitude, maybe this shake up wouldn't have happened.... Smiley

Anyhow, yet one less thing for you to grasp onto. Until next time. Toode-fucking-loo.  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2014, 12:10:09 PM »

Its really a validation of all the people that have been going hoarse the past few years begging for even the slightest bit of variety.

Look at the reality of the situation.  All they did was tack 2 songs out of order before their standard setlist, and people went nuts for it.

Yet the irony of it all is that they didn't make the change for you or people like yourself!

I know it hurts that your "feedback" doesn't really matter, but that's the truth.

If La PAz was at a "normal" altitude, maybe this shake up wouldn't have happened.... Smiley

Anyhow, yet one less thing for you to grasp onto. Until next time. Toode-fucking-loo.  Cheesy

/jarmo

if ur point is that Axl Rose doesn't give a fuck what anybody thinks about his operation.....

ha I think we know that....

everybody thought it was cool that they did something different... that's it...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2014, 12:19:09 PM »

/jarmo

Feel better?  Feel like a real e-toughguy when you talk like this?

What's next?  "Yo momma soooooooo fat..." type stuff?

Grow up, Jarmo.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2014, 02:03:14 PM »

No, just pointing out facts.

It had nothing to do with you and your feedback. Sorry to have to break this news to you.

Does it hurt your e-ego? Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2014, 02:16:27 PM »

No, just pointing out facts.

It had nothing to do with you and your feedback. Sorry to have to break this news to you.

Does it hurt your e-ego? Wink

/jarmo

I'm curious.  Am I permitted to talk to you like this?

Because I tone shit WAY down around here.  And since I know you follow my work at other places, you likely know this to be true.  But I have been operating under the impression that the very second you started to lose the verbal war, I just get tossed.

So can I take this as a go ahead to speak a bit more freely?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2014, 02:21:15 PM »

The current line-up is really awesome right now but the setlist could be better.

Some songs they could add in Las Vegas:

Street of Dreams
Madagascar
TWAT
and maybe Oh my God

Just saying...

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2014, 02:32:01 PM »

He can't sing TWAT live.  It always sounds horrible.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2014, 04:46:02 PM »

Guess again.

Why does it bother you so much that the band changed their set and it has nothing to do with you?

/jarmo

Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2014, 05:29:22 PM »

Guess again.

Why does it bother you so much that the band changed their set and it has nothing to do with you?

/jarmo

I think D-GenerationX made very clear, and in a pritty decent way, what bothers him. And he made some good points too, at least to some of us. But that bothers you a bit too much Jarmo - sorry, it shows. Most of us here are very passionate about GN'R and that means you want them to be the best they can be. But hey, they're humans too and/or they can't please everyone at the same time. And yeah, sometimes that is a bit disappointing 'cause we're human too you know ;-)  I don't think it helps to try to kill a solid argument (or belittle the one who presented it), at least if you want to keep this place in good spirits. Just let it be, you don't have to (publicly) agree. So maybe it's time to cool it a little? To end this dance? Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 05:31:16 PM by Nicos » Logged
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2014, 07:06:29 PM »

He can't sing TWAT live.  It always sounds horrible.

In fairness it's a wicked ass song to sound good on live & If AXL doesn't feel like he can nail it then we prolly aint gonna hear it. But I heard it live- & sounded fucking incredible! He can definitely sing the fuck out of it that's for sure! I'm sure he knew he could pull it off that night. Maybe he strained his voice & doesn't feel it's a good idea to push it so hard regularly. Who the fuck knows? To say it ALWAYS sounds horrible is a bit silly tho because he has only sang it in concert a few times out of hundreds of shows. Frankly, just sounds like AXL bashing but whatever.

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2014, 08:49:39 PM »

Jarmo,
Easy cowboy.   Why so much hate on Generation X???   It's like your attacking him.

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2014, 10:03:52 AM »

Jarmo,
Easy cowboy.   Why so much hate on Generation X???   It's like your attacking him.

He's absolutely attacking me.  That, in itself, is not a big deal.

My post that he quoted was about them opening the show with YCBM.  I was pointing out that the reaction it got was overwhelmingly positive, so it might be a good sign for the band to do it a little more.  There was not one bit of malice, towards anyone, in that post.

But he quotes it and then makes it about it wasn't about me. (??)  And I can go fuck myself because I don't matter, and do I want to cry about it?  Huh??

Look, I'm a big boy.  I don't care if he wants to come at me.  But if come back at him, do I get the ban hammer?  That's a chickenshit move.  In my world, if you want to break some balls, fine, but they get broken back.  And if he starts to come out on the short end of it verbally, which is more than a decent possibility, he can't then turn around and toss me just because he can't hack it.  That's weak.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2014, 10:08:23 AM »

I'm not attacking anybody. Just pointing out the fact that the setlist whining has attributed to zero. Nothing. Smiley

The set changed, so there goes the reason to whine. Just like the whining about too many shows and how nobody would show up seems kinda silly today.

The shows have been a success. Yet some of you seem "unhappy" and keep complaining. Because you don't get Youtube clips of the songs you want in the order you want.

Smiley

Nowhere did I tell anybody to go fuck themselves. That's just somebody's disillusioned need to feel sorry for themselves and paint themselves as a victim.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2014, 10:35:36 AM »

Way to not answer anything I addressed.

I'll take this to mean that I am free to respond to you how I see fit, based on what is given to me.  The walking on eggshells portion of the program is over.

tormod
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2014, 10:40:15 AM »

I dont really think SA shows dont tell any justice to how big of a crowd GRN can pull. Any big band sell alot of tickets in SA.
How come any Las Vegas shows havent sold out? Dont you think the Las Vegas shows would have sold better if GNR was know for mixing the setlists up more?
Axl Rose is a lazy bitch and to lazy to practice with the "band", thats why its the same old songs going over and over.

Dont you bring the shit up time after time. " they dont play to you(youtube etc), they only play for the ppl in a attandence.
Times have changed, there are more ppl watching certain youtube clips than there were ppl in the crowd..
Guess what?. im not in the crowd becuase of the shitty setlists.

tormod
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2014, 10:41:32 AM »

The Vegas shows aren't sold out?

That's pretty troubling if true, because that place is small.

gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2014, 11:10:13 AM »

Problem for America is that America was where Axl and GNR originated and majority of GNR fans in USA do not see this as GNR.  They see it as Axl and a cover band.  (Not that I agree cause I do not)

For example, if I play these youtube clips for a friend who has not heard from GNR since Slash was in the band, they say, "wow, Axl is old, and doesn't sound like Axl. 

IF you are from a country outside US, you have a different appreciation for the band.  It is what it is.  The crowd in South America acts as if Axl and Slash are still together.  I love seeing their fascination with todays Gunners!

In the end, the Vegas shows are "Cabaret" and I would be willing to bet that the setlist will be the same as 2012 Vegas shows with a few small changes.  Maybe we could raise the altitude so Axl will change it Jarmo!   rant

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2014, 11:16:15 AM »

Problem for America is that America was where Axl and GNR originated and majority of GNR fans in USA do not see this as GNR.  They see it as Axl and a cover band.  (Not that I agree cause I do not)

For example, if I play these youtube clips for a friend who has not heard from GNR since Slash was in the band, they say, "wow, Axl is old, and doesn't sound like Axl. 

Yep and yep.

The only nationwide tour Axl could do domestically would be some pretty small spots.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: