Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:38:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's new interview - Revolver magazine
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's new interview - Revolver magazine  (Read 32419 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: May 25, 2014, 01:39:01 PM »

nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 05:23:51 PM »

Cool ! It's June's issue ?

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 05:48:50 PM »

I really hope we get something good in this interview. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 11:55:41 AM »

Credits to mygnrforumDOTcom and The Garden (thanks Pablo and Erick).

-----
Got 'em from Guns N' Roses Bootlegs fb page.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 12:26:20 PM »

Its very easy to dismiss Axl's answers given his track record.

But I see hope in these answers.  Compare this stuff to "don't know, don't care" or "no plans".  This is an improvement.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 01:13:20 PM »

HIs answer on new music sounds honest, so we will see what happens.

Rainbow Warrior
Headliner

Appetite for Rock!

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 05:29:57 PM »

Axl talks about a second half of Chinese. But if he recorded app. 70 songs (which he stated in 1998) what on earth happened to the rest of the songs? A second half of Chinese Democracy would "only" contain around 12-18 songs or ....? Huh
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 08:33:20 PM »

Axl talks about a second half of Chinese. But if he recorded app. 70 songs (which he stated in 1998) what on earth happened to the rest of the songs? A second half of Chinese Democracy would "only" contain around 12-18 songs or ....? Huh

In principle, I agree.

But its like pulling god damn teeth to get him to do pretty much anything creatively.  If he can get it moving in a positive direction again, that's about as good as we're going to do.  Even if it winds up being only one more album.

And you believe he has 70 songs?  I never did.  40, absolute tops.  At various stages of completion.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 10:00:03 PM »

Axl saying everything has been done for a while pretty much says it's not going to be released.  I think CD era is coming to an end.  See it on the big screen, little screen or buy it but in my opinion CD is over after Vegas and GNR is moving on.  I think that's a good thing.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 10:24:04 AM »

Recording that many songs doesn't mean they want to release them all. A lot of bands record 30 songs or so and release an album with 12-14 tracks. Maybe one or two wind up as b-sides and a lot of the others are discarded. It's not that uncommon. Keep in mind with all the new faces there was probably a ton of trial and error in those recordings, so it's not surprising (considering the need to find chemistry with new players) that maybe little under a half of the material was something the band/Axl felt comfortable releasing.

I actually really like this interview. It's positive, it addresses new material, and he doesn't shy away. It's rare we see Axl himself talk about new stuff so that's a good sign.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 10:43:19 AM »

Call me a sucker, but it gives me hope.  First off, it dismisses the idea that he wants to retire.  And its finally the first time he's acknowledged that he wants to focus on something besides the next leg of the endless tour. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 07:41:01 PM »

So where does one get Revolver magazine. Most Barnes and Nobles here in NYC don't carry it. Will probably have to hunt it down at a magazine store or Hudson News.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 07:44:34 PM »

Good article! AxlDemocracy- are you sure about that? I know Barnes & Nobles in NJ has Revolver. You may want to try the Barnes & Noble on 53rd and 3rd. It's in the Citigroup  building. I sometimes go there after work.
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 08:29:48 PM »

Thanks for the tip! I was at Union Sq and the 5th Ave store and they didn't carry it. Hopefully I can pick a copy
up Tuesday.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 11:51:41 PM »

Part of me hopes Rose puts out a new album of anything. I know he has a ton recorded and all. But hopefully it gets released at some point.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 02:04:43 AM »

I liked the interview.  Not too in-depth but served its purpose, though I suppose Axl probably wanted it fairly short and sweet.  Cool that he's all right with all of Duff's involvement as of late.   Cool

Anyone notice that Axl used the word "bastard" at the end of the interview?  He's rarely used that word.  Though it's always been the most little used curse word in music/movies.  In fact, only 2 GNR songs contain it -- "Coma" and "You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory".
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 11:28:31 AM »

Re-read this interview last night.

What sort of time frame would you personally think is feasible with regards to his plan to take a look at what to release once they finish up in Vegas?

I think me, personally, I would need to hear by the end of the calendar year that they are actually working on finalizing it all and hope to get it out first half of next year.  I do not think these are at all unreasonable scenarios.  The songs are done.  And any sort of supposed drama with the label can be worked out in a year's time, no?

And if December 31, 2014 comes and goes, and we don't have anything new to go on, what will that do to your expectation level?

And what if the next thing we hear from the band is another Vegas residency next fall, will you finally give up the ghost we ever hear anything new?  I think it would be hard not to.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 01:02:50 PM »

Re-read this interview last night.

What sort of time frame would you personally think is feasible with regards to his plan to take a look at what to release once they finish up in Vegas?

I think me, personally, I would need to hear by the end of the calendar year that they are actually working on finalizing it all and hope to get it out first half of next year.  I do not think these are at all unreasonable scenarios.  The songs are done.  And any sort of supposed drama with the label can be worked out in a year's time, no?

And if December 31, 2014 comes and goes, and we don't have anything new to go on, what will that do to your expectation level?

And what if the next thing we hear from the band is another Vegas residency next fall, will you finally give up the ghost we ever hear anything new?  I think it would be hard not to.

To me... I just hope to hear the songs at some point...

Because these songs are going on 15 years old... they are not relevant to the band that tours today... so whats the difference on when they get released?

at least thats how i feel now... I hope they come out sooner rather than later... but as long as we hear them eventually...does it matter?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 01:39:03 PM »

Because these songs are going on 15 years old... they are not relevant to the band that tours today... so whats the difference on when they get released?

at least thats how i feel now... I hope they come out sooner rather than later... but as long as we hear them eventually...does it matter?

All very valid points.

My concern is that we are, at absolute best, getting one more album from this man.  And we may have to make due with songs done by guys long out of the fold.

I guess what I'm really asking is...what sort of grace period does this buy with you, the fan?  Meaning, if nothing new is out or even on the horizon in 2016, will people still point to this interview and tell us he's working on it?  Does that pass your smell test?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 02:01:32 PM »

All very valid points.

My concern is that we are, at absolute best, getting one more album from this man.  And we may have to make due with songs done by guys long out of the fold.

I guess what I'm really asking is...what sort of grace period does this buy with you, the fan?  Meaning, if nothing new is out or even on the horizon in 2016, will people still point to this interview and tell us he's working on it?  Does that pass your smell test?

Well Im glad he said he wants to release it... and im glad he answered the questions clearly and to the point without going on some long ramble that I never understand haha

does it buy anything with me? no not really... we have all been down this road before

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: