Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:39:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's new interview - Revolver magazine
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's new interview - Revolver magazine  (Read 32414 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2014, 05:42:26 PM »

Why do you have to turn the remix talk into a negative??

Because the point was raised that people "will expect 2 albums" after this gross misrepresentation of what Axl said.

I don't believe that.  I don't believe that if he delivered a new album new material that people would seriously be asking, "hey, wait...where's that remix???"  Do you find that probable?

But where is the market for a 'Chinese' remix album as a stand alone effort?  As a bonus CD with a new album?  OK, yeah.  Because you buy the new album.  You take the remix thing as a bonus.  But as a stand alone product?  I'm not sure where the market for that is.  And most certainly not as their next official release.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2014, 05:43:49 PM »

I don't see Slash as part of this conversation.

Yes, cause the MIA refers to the period after the release. SR and the GNR-name was to be on the frontcover of guitarhero, but what happened was that the GNR-name was on it with a huge cartoon resembling Slash.

So this means Axl can't talk to anybody for the better part of a year after his album comes out?

I get your points, and they are valid.  But I think to say that just shuts everything down for almost a solid year doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2014, 05:48:46 PM »

You write off the reunionists.  Lost causes that will never come around or even give you a fair shake.

If the guys at the label are reunionists it can explain the lack of press/media after the release.

Sad fact is thats it's (a reunion and a single/album) the most marketable product for a industry in a economic crisis.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 05:51:09 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2014, 06:01:46 PM »

If the guys at the label are reunionists it can explain the lack of press/media after the release.

Sad fact is thats it's (a reunion and a single/album) the most marketable product for a industry in a economic crisis.

Well, the second part is certainly true.

As for the first part, I'm not as sure.  I saw it more as a case that if the artist himself can't be bothered to give a damn, why should they? 

I don't endorse this, by the way.  Its spiteful behavior on both sides that ultimately worked against the project.  I'm a firm believer that Axl needs to sit down with the label and say the hell with what happened, here is how they will do it going forward.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2014, 06:05:47 PM »

Why do you have to turn the remix talk into a negative??

Because the point was raised that people "will expect 2 albums" after this gross misrepresentation of what Axl said.

I don't believe that.  I don't believe that if he delivered a new album new material that people would seriously be asking, "hey, wait...where's that remix???"  Do you find that probable?

But where is the market for a 'Chinese' remix album as a stand alone effort?  As a bonus CD with a new album?  OK, yeah.  Because you buy the new album.  You take the remix thing as a bonus.  But as a stand alone product?  I'm not sure where the market for that is.  And most certainly not as their next official release.
So you wouldn't buy CD-I:Remix if it's a stand-alone release?? 
Of all of us who have bought CD-I, I think very few wouldn't IMMEDIATELY upon release purchase CD-I:Remix!!!

And since Axl said the remix exists, YOU would probably be the first one to call him a LIAR and ask "hey, wait...where's that remix???"

But going MIA when its time to promote a piece of work you spent 10 years on just doesn't make any sense.  ANd I don't think its out of the realm of possibility that people at the label might look at that whole thing a bit askew.
Send the label a copy of this magazine!!!  Whatever may have happened in the past, Axl seems to be putting himself out there now!!! 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2014, 06:12:58 PM »

Of all of us who have bought CD-I, I think very few wouldn't IMMEDIATELY upon release purchase CD-I:Remix!!!

I think anyone posting here on a daily basis would buy anything they put out.

We are the diehard of the diehard.  We are in no way a representation of the marketplace as a whole.  I'm not even sure how a new album does.  But it surely makes more practical sense then a remix of an album that came out 6-7 years prior.  That's just business 101.

And since Axl said the remix exists, YOU would probably be the first one to call him a LIAR and ask "hey, wait...where's that remix???"

We know it exists.  We've heard snippets of leaks from it.  No one disputes it exists.

But regardless of your solid hunch, I can assure you I would have no qualms with the man if it never sees the light of day.

Send the label a copy of this magazine!!!  Whatever may have happened in the past, Axl seems to be putting himself out there now!!!

If I'm at the label, I am WAY encouraged by this interview.  I can't see how you wouldn't be.  Its the most positive and proactive he's sounded in forever.

Rainbow Warrior
Headliner

Appetite for Rock!

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2014, 06:32:16 PM »

Unfortunately I think the media and the (non-hardcore-fans) public would ridicule Axl and GNR mercilessly if Chinese Remix were put out as a single album. Remember how negative CD was received by the media in general after 15 years of waiting.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2014, 06:41:29 PM »

Unfortunately I think the media and the (non-hardcore-fans) public would ridicule Axl and GNR mercilessly if Chinese Remix were put out as a single album. Remember how negative CD was received by the media in general after 15 years of waiting.

I have to agree.  Imagine the ridicule. 

If the songs didn't set the world on fire, will remixed versions of them get it done?

Nah, its gotta be a new album before this.  Unless its a bonus CD type deal, as I said.

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2014, 07:07:50 PM »

A cd remix would be appreciated, mainly because cd is barely listenable...there are three guitars but they are so cold that what you hear is a fuckin rumble behind axl's voice...which is overstretched too. At the same time cd remix won't work as a standalone thing.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2014, 07:14:04 PM »

I think anyone posting here on a daily basis would buy anything they put out.

We are the diehard of the diehard.  We are in no way a representation of the marketplace as a whole.  I'm not even sure how a new album does.  But it surely makes more practical sense then a remix of an album that came out 6-7 years prior.  That's just business 101.

So you're basing your buying habits on what other people think?  Did you buy Kanye's album on the same day as CD??  Heard that did well in the marketplace too but I didn't purchase Kanye's because it just isn't my cup of tea.

How any album does on "the marketplace as a whole" is a subjective question in today's music industry.
Having CD-I:Remix and/or CD-II available in said marketplace for purchase is the only business fans should concern themselves with.
That's just GNR diehards 101!!!

I think Axl and GNR's concern is putting out the best product possible and representing GNR in the best light.

I think the only 'ridicule' that would bother them to any degree is if, like in the case of the original release, it was not the product as they envisioned.

To quote Ricky Nelson: 
But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well.
You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 07:28:25 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2014, 07:15:49 PM »

A cd remix would be appreciated, mainly because cd is barely listenable...there are three guitars but they are so cold that what you hear is a fuckin rumble behind axl's voice...which is overstretched too. At the same time cd remix won't work as a standalone thing.

what I would want to hear from a new album is more voicacrobatics and stuff.

I'm a huge fan of Oh My God btw, would love to hear a remix, altho I don't think the song needs it. smoking

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2014, 07:36:55 PM »

Some of the different vocals on the leak were interesting though.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2014, 07:38:30 PM »

So you're basing your buying habits on what other people think?

No, I am speaking from the label's perspective.

One hand...new album.  Other hand...remix of an album that didn't make much impact 6-7 years ago.

How are you not going new album, if those are your choices? 

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2014, 07:39:14 PM »

I'm a huge fan of Oh My God btw, would love to hear a remix, altho I don't think the song needs it. smoking

Underrated song.  Great lyrics.

A mix that was a little less busy would be something I'd be interested in.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2014, 07:44:36 PM »

No, I am speaking from the label's perspective.

Your fixation on the label's perspective over the band's and the fans and even your own is, in a word, disturbing.

What's up with that??

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2014, 07:49:48 PM »

Your fixation on the label's perspective over the band's and the fans and even your own is, in a word, disturbing.

What's up with that??

Where are you living? 

There are no "sides" in business.  These aren't rival gangs we are talking about here.  It they work at cross purposes, how does that benefit anyone at all : band, label, or fans? 

I'm interested in a new album from my favorite band.  I start at a baseline of "how can we make that happen?"

My starting point will never be "here is why this can't be Axl's fault".  That doesn't make my top 5. 

Who cares about that shit?  I want a new album.  I'm not interested some pissing contest over turf and alleged treachery.   

fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2014, 07:56:16 PM »

Have to agree,anything less than a stellar selling album is going to be seen as a failure and to release more from this (wrongly in my view)ridiculed album just wont happen no label boss will ok it surely,if they do and it fails they'd be packing their office up and will forever be the man known who ok'd the release of more from those sessions.

A retrospective boxset however of chinese would be welcomed in my view by most fans and the casual buyer,you know the sort of thing a double album up to perhaps a 6 album box including everything and the kitchen sink from the sessions,clear the decks and move on hopefully to a new album of current material.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2014, 07:58:52 PM »

A retrospective boxset however of chinese would be welcomed in my view by most fans and the casual buyer,you know the sort of thing a double album up to perhaps a 6 album box including everything and the kitchen sink from the sessions,clear the decks and move on hopefully to a new album of current material.

I used to think this was crazy talk.

But if we are the only ones who are going to buy it, why not, maybe?  Maybe even just release it through iTunes. 

I'd pay.  We'd all pay.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2014, 08:00:21 PM »

What's up with that??

Where are you living? 

There are no "sides" in business.  These aren't rival gangs we are talking about here.  It they work at cross purposes, how does that benefit anyone at all : band, label, or fans? 

I'm interested in a new album from my favorite band.  I start at a baseline of "how can we make that happen?"

My starting point will never be "here is why this can't be Axl's fault".  That doesn't make my top 5. 

Who cares about that shit?  I want a new album.  I'm not interested some pissing contest over turf and alleged treachery.   

You're the only one talking "sides"

Did you actually read the magazine article??  Axl talks about releasing a new album plus a remix.  In no way, shape or form does anything Axl said in the article even suggests he himself or the band as an entity is at odds with the label.

You're the one looking to place blame for your misconceived perception of things.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2014, 08:07:17 PM »

Did you actually read the magazine article??  Axl talks about releasing a new album plus a remix.  In no way, shape or form does anything Axl said in the article even suggests he himself or the band as an entity is at odds with the label.

You're the one looking to place blame for your misconceived perception of things.

That's nice, that bit at the end.  Its like an homage.

I'm actually not one of the ones who buys into this supposed trouble with the label.  Don't believe an album was turned in 2010 and rejected.  Don't believe they are averse to releasing a new Guns N' Roses product in the future, even with this line-up.

I believe Axl doesn't really communicate with them, and he's out of sight, out of mind.  But I've never bought into the fact if he actually got them a new album, it doesn't go out quickly.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: