Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:16:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's new interview - Revolver magazine
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's new interview - Revolver magazine  (Read 32432 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2014, 02:56:23 PM »

Once again, certain individuals are "defending" the media for twisting Axl's words into something else.

So much understanding for one side, nearly no understanding for the side you're supposed to be on. Funny how that works among some fans...

And yes, I agree with Bodhi.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2014, 03:06:24 PM »

If Axl cares what the media has to say, he?s not doing himself any favors.  Negativity sells, so the media will always latch on to that angle,.....
This has ZERO to do with what was said in this magazine interview/article.
The topic of negative press was never brought up in it.

..... but if there was something on the other end of the spectrum to report, it?d be out there as well.
I think most of us agree that this interview/article was "the other end of the spectrum"
Topics were broached and answers were given.  We got insight to what the next release might look like.
Positive info, right?

..... and yet some of you are turning what was said into a negative because it doesn't conform to your ideal.

Go figure.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2014, 03:40:43 PM »

If Axl cares what the media has to say, he?s not doing himself any favors.  Negativity sells, so the media will always latch on to that angle,.....

..... but if there was something on the other end of the spectrum to report, it?d be out there as well.
I think most of us agree that this interview/article was "the other end of the spectrum"
Topics were broached and answers were given.  We got insight to what the next release might look like.
Positive info, right?

..... and yet some of you are turning what was said into a negative because it doesn't conform to your ideal.

Go figure.

I actually enjoyed the interview, and thought it was the most positive Axl has sounded in some time.

I was referring to the general perception on this board that the media, fans, detractors, what have you, rally against current day GN?R, and in my opinion it is more a case of there not being a whole lot of positive info to report.
or info of any kind for that matter.

Again, not turning anything into a negative.
This interview was a positive in my view. No doubt thanks in part to the bar being lowered so dramatically over the years, and my expectations being underground, but a positive nonetheless.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2014, 03:44:38 PM »

Once again, certain individuals are "defending" the media for twisting Axl's words into something else.

So much understanding for one side, nearly no understanding for the side you're supposed to be on. Funny how that works among some fans...

Yeah, its hilarious.

Look, the guy says the recording is done.  True or false? 

So what are we talking about here?  Picking the songs and getting them mixed should take...what?  6 months?  8 months?  None of our fucking business, and shut up and get in the corner?

You tell me, captain.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2014, 03:47:42 PM »

I actually enjoyed the interview, and thought it was the most positive Axl has sounded in some time.

We all did.  Even a no good rabble rouser like me said that, several times.

But then we start in with "look how the evil press twists poor Axl's words".  It just get so tiresome, that victim mentality.

He said he is actually interested in moving forward with new material.  That's a good thing.  The focus should not be on what MIGHT be said or what MIGHT happen down the road if he does not deliver.

Let's just focus on the positive right now.  Would that kill us?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2014, 03:49:31 PM »

Positive info, right?

Go figure.

You live in your own world, bro.  I don't know what else to tell you. 

This interview received nothing but positivity for the week or so its been up.  It took a turn when we started focusing on that evil media and how they are out to get Axl.

Stow that shit.  Let's be happy he actually seems interested in moving ahead.  That's a good thing.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2014, 03:49:38 PM »

Positive info, right?

Go figure.

I was referring to the general perception on this board that the media, fans, detractors, what have you, rally against current day GN?R, and in my opinion it is more a case of there not being a whole lot of positive info to report.
or info of any kind for that matter.

Again, not turning anything into a negative.
This interview was a positive in my view. No doubt thanks in part to the bar being lowered so dramatically over the years, and my expectations being underground, but a positive nonetheless.

Again... exactly

every single person reacted positively here to his interview, and we are all hopeful...

and shockingly some gloss over that and just run to the defense for Axl oh no the evil media is out to get him still by twisting his words... Axl has given them all the ammo they need over the years to be critical of him... if youa re gunna be but hurt about it, i don't know what to tell ya

I think Axl will deliver on this... I dont know why , just the sense that I get... but yeah if it doesn't happen in a timely fashion he will be criticized for it... a) his track record and B) negativity in the press sells... you cant let it bother you

like longDayGone said, it must not bother Axl.... so don't let it bother you

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2014, 03:50:57 PM »

I will once again point out when all these threads take this negative turn.

Look at who gets blamed versus who actually starts us down this road.  Not the same crowd, people.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2014, 03:51:58 PM »

Well Im glad he said he wants to release it... and im glad he answered the questions clearly and to the point without going on some long ramble that I never understand haha

I think its his best interview in some time.

He seemed in good spirits instead of ranting.  But the answers were also direct and pretty on topic.  None of that circular meandering stuff that doesn't say anything.

I'm glad he did this.

Here is me being negative and spiteful (apparently).  Look how terrible I am here.  For shame.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2014, 03:56:55 PM »

We all did.  Even a no good rabble rouser like me said that, several times.

But then we start in with "look how the evil press twists poor Axl's words".  It just get so tiresome, that victim mentality.

He said he is actually interested in moving forward with new material.  That's a good thing.  The focus should not be on what MIGHT be said or what MIGHT happen down the road if he does not deliver.

Let's just focus on the positive right now.  Would that kill us?

There is no victim mentality.  The media is putting words in Axl's mouth.  They are saying that GNR has TWO new records about to come out.  Not what Axl said at all.  Axl said  

"We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That's been done for a while, too. But after Vegas we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard."

Now the media has taken that, and somehow is running with the idea that there are 2 GNR albums about to come out any day now.  For arguments sake what if upon reviewing the material the band decides to scrap it and not put it out?  What if they decide to record something different all together?  Then Axl is a liar, blah blah blah.  

You see the point is the media is misleading the fans here.  Axl said the band was going to take a look at what they have, he never said that stuff is coming out next week, or at all.  Now if an album  that only the media promised would come out  doesn't come out the fans get mad at the BAND.  This happened on a routine basis in the late 90's until about 2008.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2014, 03:59:44 PM »

Now the media has taken that, and somehow is running with the idea that there are 2 GNR albums about to come out any day now.  For arguments sake what if upon reviewing the material the band decides to scrap it and not put it out?  What if they decide to record something different all together?  Then Axl is a liar, blah blah blah.  

You see the point is the media is misleading the fans here.  Axl said the band was going to take a look at what they have, he never said that stuff is coming out next week, or at all.  Now if an album  that only the media promised would come out  doesn't come out the fans get mad at the BAND.  This happened on a routine basis in the late 90's until about 2008.

First of all, let's not pretend the industry is hanging on Axl Rose's every word these days.  I know I often lament the "its not 1991 anymore" routine, but it has some application there.  This is isn't exactly front page news all over the world.

Secondly, do you think that remix thing ever comes out?  I don't.  There is no market for it.

Finally, suppose he actually does get an album out within the next 6-9 months.  Are people SERIOUSLY going to get all pissy asking where the remix album is?  Come on now.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2014, 04:33:15 PM »

Again... exactly

every single person reacted positively here to his interview, and we are all hopeful...

You and I have a different opinion of what "reacted positively" is. 

case-in-point

Re-read this interview last night.

What sort of time frame would you personally think is feasible with regards to his plan to take a look at what to release once they finish up in Vegas?

I think me, personally, I would need to hear by the end of the calendar year that they are actually working on finalizing it all and hope to get it out first half of next year.  I do not think these are at all unreasonable scenarios.  The songs are done.  And any sort of supposed drama with the label can be worked out in a year's time, no?

And if December 31, 2014 comes and goes, and we don't have anything new to go on, what will that do to your expectation level?

And what if the next thing we hear from the band is another Vegas residency next fall, will you finally give up the ghost we ever hear anything new?  I think it would be hard not to.

So instead of focusing on GNR and the label (or whomever) seemingly working towards a release, some of you would rather talk like this?? 

CUE THE... *we're only having a discussion! this site wouldn't exist without our input!!!*

and the ... *we're playing devil's advocate. trying to look at all the possibilities*... RESPONSES

Some of you can't seem to help looking for a dark cloud instead of seeing the silver lining.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2014, 04:42:04 PM »

I asked a question.  It happens from time to time.

And again, the world didn't end.  People responded and a good dialogue was had.  How about that?

Then you strolled in and decided it was an outrage.  And now we have...this.  Which I think is just dynamite.  Who wants to talk about the interview and where things might go when we could talk about reactions to the interview you didn't like?  That's the money shot.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2014, 04:55:44 PM »

Then you strolled in and decided it was an outrage.  And now we have...this.  Which I think is just dynamite.  Who wants to talk about the interview and where things might go when we could talk about reactions to the interview you didn't like?  That's the money shot.

No.  The money shot is your response to a positive interview being that a year or two from now, we should all disavow the band because you're expecting nothing more than what we currently have.

That's your idea of "talk about the interview and where things might go"

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2014, 04:56:54 PM »

I pray to God that Axl is not seriously expecting them to come to him on bended knee and ask for his forgiveness and plead for another chance.  Not after the disappearing act he pulled.

That he 'disappeared' is a claim from those Axl is disapointed with. Remember he sued management and I think reunionists haven't actually supported the band. And then you have Slash who continueously is being associated with Gunsn'Roses in the mainstream media.

Axl is totally creating a buzz here.

This is how the media works and he knows it. But, this means that...they not done yet Grin
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:58:55 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2014, 05:12:27 PM »

Secondly, do you think that remix thing ever comes out?  I don't.  There is no market for it.

Finally, suppose he actually does get an album out within the next 6-9 months.  Are people SERIOUSLY going to get all pissy asking where the remix album is?  Come on now.

Why do you have to turn the remix talk into a negative??

IMO, all of us who bought CD-I and will buy CD-II, are SERIOUSLY looking forward to buying CD-I:Remix for no other reason than to hear the songs released as Axl wanted/wants us to hear them .... especially after hearing the "live" variations of the songs!

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2014, 05:35:21 PM »

No.  The money shot is your response to a positive interview being that a year or two from now, we should all disavow the band because you're expecting nothing more than what we currently have.

Well, we'll see what happens. 

This is the most positive I have heard Axl in years.  I'm encouraged.

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2014, 05:37:31 PM »

There is no such thing called 'negative publicity' for a rock-musician. Tongue h8'ers gonna h8 and stuff...coffee

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2014, 05:38:05 PM »

That he 'disappeared' is a claim from those Axl is disapointed with. Remember he sued management and I think reunionists haven't actually supported the band. And then you have Slash who continueously is being associated with Gunsn'Roses in the mainstream media.

You write off the reunionists.  Lost causes that will never come around or even give you a fair shake.

I don't see Slash as part of this conversation.

But going MIA when its time to promote a piece of work you spent 10 years on just doesn't make any sense.  ANd I don't think its out of the realm of possibility that people at the label might look at that whole thing a bit askew.

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2014, 05:42:21 PM »

I don't see Slash as part of this conversation.

Yes, cause the MIA refers to the period after the release. SR and the GNR-name was to be on the frontcover of guitarhero, but what happened was that the GNR-name was on it with a huge cartoon resembling Slash.

But going MIA when its time to promote a piece of work you spent 10 years on just doesn't make any sense.

Ok, but I am not sure if 'axl going mia' is the whole truth behing the story.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 05:44:00 PM by norway » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: