Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:23:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  This is the Reunion I really want
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This is the Reunion I really want  (Read 11600 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« on: January 09, 2015, 09:23:20 AM »

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/scott-weiland-wouldnt-be-opposed-to-doing-a-velvet-revolver-reunion-tour/

I know its not likely...

what can I say? I loved Contraband

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Princess Leia
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 12:22:00 PM »

I like a few songs from that album. Who knows, never say never. My problem is I never like STP and not really much of the Grunge movement either. There is some sort of reuni?n at The Roxy Jan. 12th Matt, Slash and Duff. It?s a benefit concert. And it?s gonna be live stream.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 12:24:00 PM »

I like a few songs from that album. Who knows, never say never. My problem is I never like STP and not really much of the Grunge movement either. There is some sort of reuni?n at The Roxy Jan. 12th Matt, Slash and Duff. It?s a benefit concert. And it?s gonna be live stream.

I never liked STP either... but Scott with Slash and Duff worked for me a great deal.

Matt does a real good job with promoting and raising money for his animal stuff.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Princess Leia
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 12:32:00 PM »

I never liked STP either... but Scott with Slash and Duff worked for me a great deal.

Matt does a real good job with promoting and raising money for his animal stuff.

It worked because he was a high profile and well known frontman. And they needed that. But there are songs in that album that are not my cup of tea.

I think this concert is to benefit schools
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 12:39:33 PM »

Wow, no love for STP?
Core, Purple, and Tiny Music were some of the best albums of the 90?s in my opinion.
Still hold up well. Sharp downgrade in quality with No. 4 through the self titled, but it?s all listenable.
Incredible live band, too.

Scott and Axl are the last great frontmen in my book. Just picked up tickets to see Weiland and the Wildabouts at a little hole in the wall in Allston, MA.
Crazy what the band name does for you. All respect to Deleo Bros, and Kretz, but strange to think they are still playing good size venues as STP fronted by that boner from Linkin Park, and the (old)face of the band is playing 500 capacity clubs. People are dumb.

I don?t hold VR in the same regard I do GN?R and STP(real deal lineups) but I?d pay money to see them again if they came to town.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 12:44:32 PM »

Wow, no love for STP?
Core, Purple, and Tiny Music were some of the best albums of the 90?s in my opinion.
Still hold up well. Sharp downgrade in quality with No. 4 through the self titled, but it?s all listenable.
Incredible live band, too.

Scott and Axl are the last great frontmen in my book. Just picked up tickets to see Weiland and the Wildabouts at a little hole in the wall in Allston, MA.
Crazy what the band name does for you. All respect to Deleo Bros, and Kretz, but strange to think they are still playing good size venues as STP fronted by that boner from Linkin Park, and the (old)face of the band is playing 500 capacity clubs. People are dumb.

I don?t hold VR in the same regard I do GN?R and STP(real deal lineups) but I?d pay money to see them again if they came to town.

Agreed about the STP name.... Chester (and I actually like LP) singing STP songs is NOTTTTTTTTTTTT Stone Temple Pilots

Aside from a couple of STP singles... i just didn't follow them at all... but i love VR  (sure my love of GNR influences that a great deal)

But when I saw VR perform the three times I did... Scott stole the show

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 01:02:22 PM »

It?s funny because growing up GN?R & STP were two of my favorite bands, but I wasn?t excited at all about VR.
Some of it had to do with the fact that I wasn?t impressed with No. 4 and Shangri. Thought STP mailed those records in.
Wasn?t in love with Guns N? Roses, minus Axl and Izzy. I was pretty stubborn.

I?ve definitely come to appreciate them more over time. Impressive that they were able to achieve a new sound.
Didn?t sound like they were trying to be GN?R/STP. They were great live, even when Scott looked like he was on death?s doorstep(Boston ?07).

I think you should do yourself a favor and pickup those first 3 STP records.
As much as I enjoy VR, they were a pimple on real Gun?s & STP?s collective ass, in my humble opinion.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 01:17:28 PM »

It?s funny because growing up GN?R & STP were two of my favorite bands, but I wasn?t excited at all about VR.
Some of it had to do with the fact that I wasn?t impressed with No. 4 and Shangri. Thought STP mailed those records in.
Wasn?t in love with Guns N? Roses, minus Axl and Izzy. I was pretty stubborn.

I?ve definitely come to appreciate them more over time. Impressive that they were able to achieve a new sound.
Didn?t sound like they were trying to be GN?R/STP. They were great live, even when Scott looked like he was on death?s doorstep(Boston ?07).

I think you should do yourself a favor and pickup those first 3 STP records.
As much as I enjoy VR, they were a pimple on real Gun?s & STP?s collective ass, in my humble opinion.

I don't see myself getting in to it....

I have seen all the big bands play live (Stones,Aerosmith,RCP, Pearl Jam etc) ... but I am a bit of a 1.5 trick pony with GNR and VR... They are the only bands that I would ever dream of coming to a message board for or never miss an opportunity to see play.

But I guess I should be more open to STP records considering my VR fandom.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 01:21:34 PM »

As far as STP goes I only ever liked Core and I like a few songs off of Purple, most notably Big Empty.  Dead & Bloated is sooooo heavy.  Definitely my favorite STP song by far
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 01:44:14 PM »

Hell yeah, Big Empty is a favorite of mine as well.
I'd pay to see STP perform Dead & Bloated on repeat. So killer live.

Silvergun Superman is another barn burner, live.
Where the River Goes, Seven Caged Tigers...

Sorry to hijack your thread, JAEBALL.
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 02:11:00 PM »

On topic though, the Contraband shows I saw were so good.  The band sounded great and the crowds were nuts.  On the Libertad tour it was the exact opposite.  I still enjoyed the show but the crowd I saw acted like they were forced to be there and it was not nearly as packed as on the Contrabrand tour. It was fun while it lasted and I am happy I got to see them as many times as I did. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 02:12:47 PM »

On topic though, the Contraband shows I saw were so good.  The band sounded great and the crowds were nuts.  On the Libertad tour it was the exact opposite.  I still enjoyed the show but the crowd I saw acted like they were forced to be there and it was not nearly as packed as on the Contrabrand tour. It was fun while it lasted and I am happy I got to see them as many times as I did. 

Saw them at Hammerstein on New Years Eve one year.... that was a blast

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 10:05:24 PM »

I love STP.

I like all STP albums but i think Tiny music and Shangri-la dee da are my favorites, some of my favorite records made ever.

dont care about the new stuff with the linkin park guy.

About Velvet revolver, i would like to see a reunion with Weiland (more than a reunion with STP) to be honest i dont care if Slash will take part on that, i would even prefer that he wont be there. Weiland,Duff,Kushner,Sorum are the ones i root for.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2015, 09:55:05 AM »

I only seen velvet revolver live twice.  The band sounded great both times.   I was not a fan of Scott's voice at all though live.

I was a big fan of there first album though.  Scott's voice sounded great on that.  I don't know if it is a case of an artist not being able to transfer over there studio voice over to a live setting
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 11:19:58 AM »

Slash/Miles tour sell out venues the same size as VR headlined, and Slash gets to keep most of the money because the band gets paid way less than the VR supergroup musicians.

Scott saying he would be open to a Velvet Revolver reunion is probably as enticing to Slash as Steven Adler saying he'd be open to a GNR reunion to Axl.

If Scott solo shows were selling really well he would not think like this. He would be totally fine playing Sliver at his own solo shows with a non-merch percentage getting really amazing hired gun guitarist. LA is full of those.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 01:54:36 PM »

Slash/Miles tour sell out venues the same size as VR headlined, and Slash gets to keep most of the money because the band gets paid way less than the VR supergroup musicians.

Scott saying he would be open to a Velvet Revolver reunion is probably as enticing to Slash as Steven Adler saying he'd be open to a GNR reunion to Axl.

If Scott solo shows were selling really well he would not think like this. He would be totally fine playing Sliver at his own solo shows with a non-merch percentage getting really amazing hired gun guitarist. LA is full of those.

All true

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 12:13:45 PM »

By the way, I learned my lesson about Scott Weiland solo shows a few years ago.  I bought tickets to see him at the Gramercy Theater in NYC, he kept us waiting for I believe 3 hours (might have been 2.5) and when he came out the first thing he said was "we won't be playing anything you know tonight". 

A chorus of boos rang out and I just kept screaming "this is worse than Chernobyl" while Scott was singing.  A woman tapped me on the shoulder and literally begged me to stop, I am guessing she was his publicist or something.  I was really drunk due to the long wait, so I laughed at her and kept yelling at him.  A security guard grabbed my shoulder and told me I needed to leave.  I didn't put up a fight at all, just asked if it was alright if I finished my beer first.  The security guard was fine with that and I left on my own about 3 songs in.  Terrible terrible experience.  I will never go see Scott Weiland solo ever again.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 12:19:30 PM »

By the way, I learned my lesson about Scott Weiland solo shows a few years ago.  I bought tickets to see him at the Gramercy Theater in NYC, he kept us waiting for I believe 3 hours (might have been 2.5) and when he came out the first thing he said was "we won't be playing anything you know tonight". 

A chorus of boos rang out and I just kept screaming "this is worse than Chernobyl" while Scott was singing.  A woman tapped me on the shoulder and literally begged me to stop, I am guessing she was his publicist or something.  I was really drunk due to the long wait, so I laughed at her and kept yelling at him.  A security guard grabbed my shoulder and told me I needed to leave.  I didn't put up a fight at all, just asked if it was alright if I finished my beer first.  The security guard was fine with that and I left on my own about 3 songs in.  Terrible terrible experience.  I will never go see Scott Weiland solo ever again.

LOL.... Thanks for the share...that really is hilarious. He is quite a character...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2015, 12:35:48 PM »

That sucks you didn?t get your money?s worth.
I caught him on the Boston stop, and thought it was cool enough to pick up tix to his upcoming show in March.
He was late, but not Axl Rose late.
Falls on a Saturday which helps.

Highlights for me were the Mighty Joe Young version of Crackerman, Naked Sunday, Kitchenware & Candybars, Where the River Goes..
All pretty rare to hear live and some of my favorite STP songs.
STP with Chester can go fuck themselves, so it?s the only chance for me to catch these songs live.
The band is nowhere near as tight as Kretz and Deleo bros, but they change the songs up enough where it doesn?t sound like C Grade STP.

Don?t think they played any VR, but did some covers, and Paralysis of his last solo album sounded good.

They?ve since dropped their keyboardist, which sounds like a good move in my book. Should help them sound more down and dirty.
Hoping they play more new cuts, providing they don?t suck of course, and some other rarely played VR, STP jams.

Plus I'm pretty sure I could book my band at the venue he's playing in, and I don't even have a band.
Cool to see someone of his caliber in such an intimate venue.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 12:38:32 PM by LongGoneDay » Logged
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 01:09:41 PM »

That sucks you didn?t get your money?s worth.
I caught him on the Boston stop, and thought it was cool enough to pick up tix to his upcoming show in March.
He was late, but not Axl Rose late.
Falls on a Saturday which helps.

Highlights for me were the Mighty Joe Young version of Crackerman, Naked Sunday, Kitchenware & Candybars, Where the River Goes..
All pretty rare to hear live and some of my favorite STP songs.
STP with Chester can go fuck themselves, so it?s the only chance for me to catch these songs live.
The band is nowhere near as tight as Kretz and Deleo bros, but they change the songs up enough where it doesn?t sound like C Grade STP.

Don?t think they played any VR, but did some covers, and Paralysis of his last solo album sounded good.

They?ve since dropped their keyboardist, which sounds like a good move in my book. Should help them sound more down and dirty.
Hoping they play more new cuts, providing they don?t suck of course, and some other rarely played VR, STP jams.

Plus I'm pretty sure I could book my band at the venue he's playing in, and I don't even have a band.
Cool to see someone of his caliber in such an intimate venue.

Yeah it was too bad.  I was looking forward to the show.  Luckily I don't think it was much money for tickets.  If I remember the show was on a Tuesday, it definitely was not on a weekend.  After that I have zero interest in ever seeing him solo again.  A VR or STP show with him is a different matter altogether however!  beer
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: