Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:48:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's new interview - Revolver magazine
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's new interview - Revolver magazine  (Read 32088 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2014, 08:15:16 PM »

I believe Axl doesn't really communicate with them, and he's out of sight, out of mind. 
I don't understand what you're saying here.  You don't think Axl is an active participant in the negotiations of how/what material is released?  Whose sight and mind is he out of??

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2014, 08:20:18 PM »

I believe Axl doesn't really communicate with them, and he's out of sight, out of mind. 
I don't understand what you're saying here.  You don't think Axl is an active participant in the negotiations of how/what material is released?  Whose sight and mind is he out of??

There is a pretty consistent talking point promoted that the label has ulterior motives and is holding him back in some fashion.

Reasons are myriad.  They are angling for a reunion.  They are pissed over his actions the last time.

I believe none of that.

Nor do I believe there is too much of an active dialogue with the label.  This is a man that says "we don't even feel like we have a label".  That does not exactly support that he's chatting with them on the regular.

But I think, when he decides to do so, they will be willing to work with him.  But I don't think they spend a lot of time thinking about him.  When he's finally ready to go, they will listen.  They just aren't waiting by the phone.

I think this interview shows he might actually be serious about moving forward.  That's why this interview is a good thing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2014, 08:45:38 PM »

Nor do I believe there is too much of an active dialogue with the label.  This is a man that says "we don't even feel like we have a label".  That does not exactly support that he's chatting with them on the regular.
Axl didn't say that in this article.  If you're referring what he did say in reply to the "success" question, I took that be his perspective on what occurred business-wise resulting in the release of CD and later the change in management.  I didn't take it as a current issue.

But I think, when he decides to do so, they will be willing to work with him.  But I don't think they spend a lot of time thinking about him.  When he's finally ready to go, they will listen.  They just aren't waiting by the phone.
On the contrary, I think that because of what occurred business-wise with the release of CD, BOTH sides are now more hands-on this time. 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2014, 09:27:44 PM »

Let's hope. 

Axl seems pretty happy these days.  Strike while that iron is hot, I say.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2014, 06:28:19 PM »

But after Vegas, we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard.

Any decision yet?  Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2014, 09:19:31 PM »

I actually enjoyed the interview, and thought it was the most positive Axl has sounded in some time.

We all did.  Even a no good rabble rouser like me said that, several times.

But then we start in with "look how the evil press twists poor Axl's words".  It just get so tiresome, that victim mentality.

He said he is actually interested in moving forward with new material.  That's a good thing.  The focus should not be on what MIGHT be said or what MIGHT happen down the road if he does not deliver.

Let's just focus on the positive right now.  Would that kill us?

There is no victim mentality.  The media is putting words in Axl's mouth.  They are saying that GNR has TWO new records about to come out.  Not what Axl said at all.  Axl said  

"We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That's been done for a while, too. But after Vegas we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard."

Now the media has taken that, and somehow is running with the idea that there are 2 GNR albums about to come out any day now.  For arguments sake what if upon reviewing the material the band decides to scrap it and not put it out?  What if they decide to record something different all together?  Then Axl is a liar, blah blah blah.  

You see the point is the media is misleading the fans here.  Axl said the band was going to take a look at what they have, he never said that stuff is coming out next week, or at all.  Now if an album  that only the media promised would come out  doesn't come out the fans get mad at the BAND.  This happened on a routine basis in the late 90's until about 2008.

It's good that he said there's finished songs, that could mean we'll hear something new before the end of the year.

GNR's had a history of contributing new songs to movies, and you're also seeing a lot of bands showing up on TV shows promoting new music. Maybe Nicolas Cage talked to Axl about new songs for a movie he's working on. Even the elusive Prince had a huge promotion when Zooey's show was on right after Super Bowl. Black Sabbath was on CSI. DJ Ashba was invited to Sons of Anarchy being filmed and hung out, so maybe we'll have a Sons and Guns episode, Marilyn Manson's making an appearance this season.

The funny part is Rolling Stone hijacking Revolver's interview and putting their own spin on it. If that's not a sign Rolling Stone is dead, I don't know what is.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2014, 09:33:00 PM »

What does it mean to "remix"?  Huh 

Is remix different from remastering??

Is it something "simple"? more like "upgrading" the sound from mono to stero??

Or does it mean a drastic change to how it sounds like from say a Disco beat to a Latin beat?? 

Or could it possibly maybe be like to "unmix" songs like Catcher to put Brian May's parts back and changes like that??

« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:34:38 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2014, 10:05:32 PM »

What does it mean to "remix"?  Huh 

Is remix different from remastering??

Is it something "simple"? more like "upgrading" the sound from mono to stero??

Or does it mean a drastic change to how it sounds like from say a Disco beat to a Latin beat?? 

Or could it possibly maybe be like to "unmix" songs like Catcher to put Brian May's parts back and changes like that??

Remix is different than remastering.  The essential definition of a remix is to take all the tracks that were recorded for a song (vocals, guitar, drums, backing vocals, keyboards, solos, etc) and mix them a different way than they were mixed for the original recording of the song.  It also could mean introducing newly recorded elements (such as higher vocals or a new guitar solo) into the fray.  Sometimes a remix involves drastic changes to the original version, other times the changes are so miniscule that you barely notice them.

Any way you slice it, remixing could have numerous different results, so it's hard to know what exactly Axl might mean when he talked about it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:26:31 PM by Bridge » Logged
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2014, 10:19:15 PM »

Remix is different than remastering.  The essential definition of a remix is to take all the tracks that were recorded for a song (vocals, guitar, drums, backing vocals, keyboards, solos, etc) and mix them a different way than they were mixed for the original recording of the song.  It also could mean introducing newly recorded elements (such as higher vocals or a new guitar solo) into the fray.  Sometimes a remix involves drastic changes to the original version, sometimes so miniscule to the point where you barely notice the changes.

Any way you slice it, remixing could have numerous different results, so it's hard to know what exactly Axl might mean when he talked about it.

Thanks for the explanation.  Smiley

Can't imagine he means for it to be with just "miniscule" changes so I was trying to remember some of the bigger things that people talked about (like Brian May's parts).

Wasn't the intro to one of the songs (Street of Dreams maybe?) under scrutiny for possible copyright infringement?  Would changing that up fall under "remix"?

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2014, 10:24:44 PM »

Wasn't the intro to one of the songs (Street of Dreams maybe?) under scrutiny for possible copyright infringement?  Would changing that up fall under "remix"?

It might, depending on what Axl and the band did.  If they just removed the intro, it would be just that: a removal of intro.  Or if they added another intro, it would just be "alternate intro", not really a remix.  If they mixed different elements into an existing intro and removed others, then it would fall under "remix".
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2014, 11:48:01 PM »

Think your referring to Rhiad, as that was the song under scrutiny

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2014, 11:57:35 PM »

Think your referring to Rhiad, as that was the song under scrutiny

And it was blatant as shit too, haha.

I wonder if its why they never did it live since the album came out.

coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2014, 02:23:51 AM »

Funny how people for so many years were denying the term "old guns/new guns" ,and then Axl himself refers to Old guns for the original lineup...

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2014, 06:57:06 AM »

Slash comments on Duff at Golden Gods Smiley

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-comments-on-duffs-reunion-with-axl-metallicas-glastonbury-appearance/
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2014, 10:23:22 AM »

"Fill in for what's his name..." Ha ha
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2014, 11:48:51 AM »

Bitter? :-/

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
GoBucky
Opening Act

« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2014, 12:22:53 PM »

There's no doubt in my mind that it bothers Slash that Duff is playing off and on with Axl. I think Tommy Stinson has done enough in his career to garner enough respect to have his name used as opposed to 'what's his name'! That's a total douche move!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 01:20:07 PM by GoBucky » Logged

5/24/91, 5/25/91, 4/9/92, 11/18/02, 11/27/06, 11/15/11, 2/19/12, 11/23/12, 11/24/12, 6/6/14, 6/7/14
MsRocknrolla
Opening Act

« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2014, 03:54:54 PM »

I think it was the best interview Axl has given in a long time. Good questions and thoughtful answers.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2014, 05:09:19 PM »

Slash show who he are and what he is. I'm Sorry for him.

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2014, 06:05:18 PM »

Heard a great "unofficial" acoustic version of Better...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: