Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:29:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  June 7th, 2014 Las Vegas, NV (Show#9)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: June 7th, 2014 Las Vegas, NV (Show#9)  (Read 21429 times)
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2014, 07:12:31 PM »

Guns N' Roses ‏@gunsnroses  2m
.@bumblefoot @richardfortus and @tommy_stinson with a glass of wine in his hand #getWhatYouWant #GNRNoTrickery pic.twitter.com/5GebHSBvmG

Thanks to you and everyone else for all the updates this time around!!  A few mornings the sun was starting to come up and I was still awake!  Just watched the video of Tommy singing part of this song...so damn coool!

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2014, 10:05:46 PM »

It's been an absolutely incredible, unbelievable three weeks. Grateful for everything and everyone involved. The only negative aspect is its over. Hopefully not for very long. Until next time my friends...

Axl is God.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2014, 06:46:55 AM »

It's been an absolutely incredible, unbelievable three weeks. Grateful for everything and everyone involved. The only negative aspect is its over. Hopefully not for very long. Until next time my friends...

My sentiments exactly. I was there for the shows 4,5 & 6 and it was a magical experience. Thanks GN'R & all that organised #No Trickery
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2014, 09:00:30 AM »

The clips from the end of this residency were pretty great.  Good setlists and Axl sounded very good.

Part of me feels sort of bad for the people that saw the first few shows of this latest round of touring in March, but you can always say that with this band.  He's not ready to go at tour's beginning, never is, but once he gets his legs under him, he can still deliver. 

'There Was A Time' and 'Prostitute' are my 2 favorites on the album.  Both incredibly hard to sing live.  But he nailed them.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2014, 10:29:22 AM »

Didn't ron dedicate abnormal to the gnr crew?

I don't remember him ever doing that before.....

Sounds like maybe a good bye

Sounds like the last 4 shows starting with duff were some of the best shows over the past 4 years

Ron dedicated "Abnormal" to his mother last month, who was in the audience.  I don't know of other dedications, but dedicating to the crew is just something nice to do, because they take good care of him and GN'R. 

A few crew members surprise Ron in 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y43NX3uJZms&feature=youtu.be

You don't see how him thanking the crew (which he has never done before, I don't think) can be viewed as a good bye/thank you?

especially when his departure is being heavily rumored

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2014, 10:31:04 AM »

The clips from the end of this residency were pretty great.  Good setlists and Axl sounded very good.

Part of me feels sort of bad for the people that saw the first few shows of this latest round of touring in March, but you can always say that with this band.  He's not ready to go at tour's beginning, never is, but once he gets his legs under him, he can still deliver. 

'There Was A Time' and 'Prostitute' are my 2 favorites on the album.  Both incredibly hard to sing live.  But he nailed them.

Id be upset if I missed those songs at the beginning! but we are in the minority , 95 percent of the people at the show don't care if Prostitute is played or not

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2014, 10:36:26 AM »

Id be upset if I missed those songs at the beginning! but we are in the minority , 95 percent of the people at the show don't care if Prostitute is played or not

As I said in those threads at the time, I had a bigger issue with Axl not being ready vocally, as usual.  Setlist variety is great, but that's secondary to being able to deliver on the songs you do play that night.

You can argue there should be setlist variety.  You cannot argue that its acceptable to show up at the beginning of the tour totally unprepared.  Paying customers have no guarantee of setlist variety.  They should have a guarantee that the artist will deliver a top quality performance.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2014, 11:32:50 AM »

Well by all accounts Axl does not rehearse before the tours begin...

I dont know if he would sound better or differently early on in the tour if he did.... only he could answer that I guess, you would assume

It sucksd that its over for now, and for god knows how long, being that he was really firing on all cylinders lately

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2014, 11:36:09 AM »

Well by all accounts Axl does not rehearse before the tours begin...

And that's not right.  I know we have a handful of rationalizations why that's acceptable, but they are just that, fan rationalizations.

"He's always done that, where have you been?" is a poor reason in my view.

Especially, when you see how great he sounded over the past week.  Everyone should get that caliber of show.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2014, 12:05:06 PM »

Just to throw this out there, you might want to also take into consideration that early in the tour, they were playing different locations , different conditions any giving night, whereas , in Vegas it was a much more controlled, sound , temp, etc, which inherently will help all around the quality of all the performers. Huge difference playing 2 miles up and playing in the joint.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2014, 12:05:59 PM »

Just to throw this out there, you might want to also take into consideration that early in the tour, they were playing different locations , different conditions any giving night, whereas , in Vegas it was a much more controlled, sound , temp, etc, which inherently will help all around the quality of all the performers. Huge difference playing 2 miles up and playing in the joint.

True, but its not like this phenomenon was unique to this 2014 tour though.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2014, 12:14:32 PM »

Not at all, but I was at both Residencies and you def can tell, that playing in optimum conditions works great. That being said, overall, I am pretty sure they can call this a very successful run.And here's to hoping Axl is serious about taking  a look at all this recorded material and taking steps to bring that to the light of day.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2014, 12:34:07 PM »

Not at all, but I was at both Residencies and you def can tell, that playing in optimum conditions works great. That being said, overall, I am pretty sure they can call this a very successful run.And here's to hoping Axl is serious about taking  a look at all this recorded material and taking steps to bring that to the light of day.

I think things look as positive in the GNRverse as they have been in some time.  Axl sounding good and actually talking about moving forward.

Sure, we got this whole...whatever the hell this is going on with Ron, but who knows what really up there?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2014, 12:45:19 PM »

it really seems to me like a contract negotiation or something like that, like to get some kind of commitment or idea of what the future plan is

I don't think he really wants to "quit" GNR , especially when there is probably no real plan for anything any time soon anyway.... so why burn bridges...

but i do think if management tried to have him reschedule or cancel something again thats coming up for him... he will tell them to have a nice day

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2014, 02:15:37 PM »

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2014, 02:27:05 PM »

maybe shes saying 100 percent false, that GNR will be the same without him  Smiley

he has very clearly been ignoring the question, while others claim he has stated he is leaving

usually when theres smoke theres fire

maybe he thinks it would be foolish to announce it while promoting his solo tour

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Princess Leia
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2014, 02:32:08 PM »

it really seems to me like a contract negotiation or something like that, like to get some kind of commitment or idea of what the future plan is

I don't think he really wants to "quit" GNR , especially when there is probably no real plan for anything any time soon anyway.... so why burn bridges...

but i do think if management tried to have him reschedule or cancel something again thats coming up for him... he will tell them to have a nice day

He has been burning bridges for a long time. Many public complaints and innuendo. Just look at his new interview. He is still talking about that show in Phily in 2012.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2014, 02:45:13 PM »

He has been burning bridges for a long time. Many public complaints and innuendo. Just look at his new interview. He is still talking about that show in Phily in 2012.

Yeah he clearly was pissed about that night and probably still is , but if he really couldn't or didn't want to play... he shouldn't have

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2014, 03:46:09 PM »

He could quash these rumors in 2 seconds if he wanted to.  So obviously, something is up.

But, if you wanted to look for a positive, he could also confirm his departure in 2 seconds and has not.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2014, 04:25:06 PM »

He could quash these rumors in 2 seconds if he wanted to.  So obviously, something is up.

But, if you wanted to look for a positive, he could also confirm his departure in 2 seconds and has not.

It appears BBF lives a life where he is in pain all the time. So he will have his ups and downs, and he is probably far too open for his own good with how he feels at a given time during the day. He probably lives a life where he goes from feeling suicidal to being grateful for where he is with his career right now. And he is probably back for forth 30 times a day.

But hey, if people want to promote their forums with this, then yay; go sports!

The internet has reached a point above and beyond my sense of decency. I just go with the flow now. I read it, I am not sure if it is entertainment, but Hey Joe.

True GN'R fans love BBF, he has been open and fun since day one, and I hope he stays with GN'R because he is GN'R now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: