Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:35:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Queen touring with Adam Lambert, your opinions (and Queen discussion in general)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Queen touring with Adam Lambert, your opinions (and Queen discussion in general)  (Read 3161 times)
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« on: August 01, 2014, 06:54:40 AM »

OK, first of all, I've been a Queen fan for over two decades now and I remember Freddie's passing and the tribute concert (GNR stood out that night with a superb two song performance) and I also loved the Paul Rodgers thing, even though I didn't care much for the album they recorded together. Therefore, when I found out that they'd already played some shows a couple of years ago with Adam Lambert and were currently touring with him, my first thought was "damn, I wonder if this shit is gonna work at all", since I really don't give a damn about Lambert's own material. Well, I watched the Ukraine concert from 2012 (it's available in full length proshot on youtube) and all my prejudices flew out of the window. Lambert is no Freddie, but his voice and performance style is a very good fit for Queens music, not to mention that Brian May's guitar tone and playing throughout the show was a sheer eargasm. Cheesy Anyhoo, a lot of people have voiced their strong objections to this collaboration and even though I kind of understand where they're coming from, I think it's great that Brian and Roger are still touring and playing Queen's music to an audience that is clearly interested in hearing them live. Adam isn't trying to be Freddie, he sings the songs in his own style, just like Paul Rodgers did and to me that's a good thing, having a Freddie clone like for example Marc Martel singing for them whould in my opinion have been just plain lame, since there is only one original Freddie, who can never EVER be replaced.

Another thing, they're apparently putting out an album later this year with some previously unheard recordings of Freddie that have been worked into complete Queen songs, like the album Made In heaven was. I'll definitely be  getting my hands on that one.  ok

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
overmatik
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 07:58:11 AM »

Queen ended with Freddie's death and the fact that John Deacon wants nothing to do with this tells a lot.  Wink
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 03:22:30 PM »

Queen is over since 1992
but for me this is a new band Queen with Adam Lambert, i dont know much about the things they do, but i think its great and im happy for them. If they come near me ill check them out.

And yeah i like Queen alot.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 05:32:10 AM »

Queen ended with Freddie's death and the fact that John Deacon wants nothing to do with this tells a lot.  Wink

agreed.

However by what I've seen on youtube, it seems AL is doing a good job and not trying to replace, plus RT and BM are having a good time playing their songs.

As artists they should continue to enjoy what they do, as long as their is an audience to play to, don't think they need the money to be honest.

My opinion for what its worth is that they should call it something else 'featuring the music of queen'
overmatik
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 07:12:56 AM »

Exactly, I have absolutely nothing against them playing Queen music, of course they have all the right in the world to do it and have fun with it. Is just the idea of selling a product that has nothing to do with the real stuff.

It is exactly the same thing that Jerry Cantrell has done to Alice in Chains. He had his solo career and could play AIC songs with Mike and Sean for as long as he wanted to, which he did. He also released two great albums which feature some of the best music he's ever written. So why reform the band? Why play as AIC with a singer whose name shouldn't even be pronounced in the same sentence as Layne's? It is not AIC and it will never be doesn't matter what anyone might say.  no
italian queen
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 05:42:22 AM »

I would seem them live..
I'm curious..
italian queen
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 04:31:23 AM »

went to the cinema yesterday evening.. Queen rock Montreal on big screen in Italy.
 ok
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: