Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 04:47:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227828 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 395718 times)
mortismurphy
« Reply #220 on: September 07, 2014, 11:09:04 PM »

The interview he did, in which he referred to Guns solely in the past tense, was fairly conclusive I thought, but, who knows? Perhaps he did leave and they have managed to pull him back in, as what happened with Buckethead. I suppose we will only find out when something happens as, neither side seem willing to discuss the thing.
Which interview is that?

Ali

Granted, it was not posted on HTGTH so you could have missed it. I do not have the link but basically Ron answers every question regarding gnr in the past tense.
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #221 on: September 08, 2014, 08:40:42 AM »

Anyone have a link to this BF interview?

Thanks
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #222 on: September 08, 2014, 09:21:42 AM »

Isn't the interview in this very thread?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #223 on: September 08, 2014, 04:04:12 PM »

Isn't the interview in this very thread?
I know which interview you're referring to (I think).  I'm just curious if that is the one mortismurphy is referring to.  Maybe there is another one I missed.

Ali
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #224 on: September 14, 2014, 01:30:34 PM »

Again, don't know if it means anything either way but Ron posted this on his twitter this morning:

Bumblefoot @bumblefoot
w/ #gnr in Las Vegas ~ May 28, 2014 ~ photo by @GNRMara  Smiley  @HardRockHotelLV @TheJointLV

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #225 on: October 01, 2014, 08:09:35 AM »

i am not a fan of Ron and i hope he's gone. i'm surprised his interview was not linked here. but then again, interest on the message boards is at an all-time low.

as usual, ron takes a shot at axl. and also as usual, his comments are all over the place so he kinda softens the insult a little, but he didn't need to take a shot at him to begin with.

"In the GN'R world, Axl [Rose, GN'R lead singer] holds the key, and [laughs] when he decides to do something is when he decides to do it, and it's definitely at a different pace than say when I do things."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ron-bumblefoot-thal-i-am-grateful-for-all-the-experiences-i-had-with-guns-n-roses/#wCrWa2RWhjh3ydKb.99

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #226 on: October 01, 2014, 08:30:25 AM »

He also explains what he means....

He continued: "Axl and I are two different people with two different lives and two totally different sets of hurdles to jump over, which totally affects our ability to release what we create.

"It's very hard to bust out anything when life becomes more complicated or you have more people trying to pull you in a million different directions or distract you. The bigger a band gets, the more that happens; so at Axl's level, it's definitely not easy and there's a million fires to put out where at my level there is maybe ten fires or even two fires. [laughs]

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #227 on: October 01, 2014, 08:37:58 AM »

but his initial comments are a direct shot at Axl. he clearly states that they work at a different pace.

so the comments that follow are not really a clarification, but just additional issues that cause GnR to release things slower than his solo stuff.

Issue #1 - Axl moves at a slower pace.
Issue #2 - GnR has many more hurdles/fires

if there were not two separate issues, he would not have had to make the first comment that i posted. 

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #228 on: October 01, 2014, 08:42:05 AM »

Ok, I see what you're saying.

You're saying he could've just mentioned the fact that GN'R is a way bigger band and that explains that there's more things to consider compared to being an independent solo artist.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #229 on: October 01, 2014, 08:51:42 AM »

In my opinion Ron has no interest in whatever plans Axl might have going forward and doesn't say so publicly so he can use the GNR brand to promote his solo efforts

in the past Axl has blasted people for doing that very same thing (Buckethead being the main culprit)

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #230 on: October 01, 2014, 09:35:07 AM »

"When there's not as many things or people distracting you or keeping you from getting in the zone, it really frees you up to do the simple stuff and things don't need to be so complicated. But I've realized that all those complications that are hurled at you, all of those distractions, they're all external, and they don't need to penetrate your skin and get into who you are, or stop you from doing what you do, or change the relationship that you have with music or creating it or releasing it or sharing it or performing it or anything. I've realized that can be untouchable and nobody can change that. People will try, and people will continue to try relentlessly, but they can't, unless you give them the power. Once you realize that as an artist, you realize that you can do anything you wanna do musically and there's really nothing at all that's truly stopping you after all."

Don't think it takes code cracker to decipher this one.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #231 on: October 01, 2014, 01:49:25 PM »

"When there's not as many things or people distracting you or keeping you from getting in the zone, it really frees you up to do the simple stuff and things don't need to be so complicated. But I've realized that all those complications that are hurled at you, all of those distractions, they're all external, and they don't need to penetrate your skin and get into who you are, or stop you from doing what you do, or change the relationship that you have with music or creating it or releasing it or sharing it or performing it or anything. I've realized that can be untouchable and nobody can change that. People will try, and people will continue to try relentlessly, but they can't, unless you give them the power. Once you realize that as an artist, you realize that you can do anything you wanna do musically and there's really nothing at all that's truly stopping you after all."

Don't think it takes code cracker to decipher this one.

No, it doesn't.  But, to put things into context, I think it would be helpful to include the comments preceding the ones you just quoted.

For one thing, in my own situation, in 'Bumblefoot' world, I have all the keys to the whole project. I know I have to write an album, record it and release it.

In the GN'R world, Axl [Rose, GN'R lead singer] holds the key, and [laughs] when he decides to do something is when he decides to do it, and it's definitely at a different pace than say when I do things."

He continued: "Axl and I are two different people with two different lives and two totally different sets of hurdles to jump over, which totally affects our ability to release what we create.

"It's very hard to bust out anything when life becomes more complicated or you have more people trying to pull you in a million different directions or distract you. The bigger a band gets, the more that happens; so at Axl's level, it's definitely not easy and there's a million fires to put out where at my level there is maybe ten fires or even two fires. [laughs]

Ali
sandman
Legend

« Reply #232 on: October 01, 2014, 02:34:49 PM »

why point out that Axl moves slower than you???  that's disrespectful. especially considering the opportunities Axl gave this guy. no need to make that point. but it's as if he can't help himself. clearly he puts alot of blame on Axl.

i included the obvious quote, but the one D-GX posted essentially supports what alot of fans have been saying for years.....that Axl is mostly to blame for all of the delays. and if he could just deal with the BS more effectively, it would not have to be as difficult a process as he makes it.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #233 on: October 01, 2014, 02:53:47 PM »

i included the obvious quote, but the one D-GX posted essentially supports what alot of fans have been saying for years.....that Axl is mostly to blame for all of the delays. and if he could just deal with the BS more effectively, it would not have to be as difficult a process as he makes it.

He's the fighter who never gives up, never surrenders, never lets people push him around...

...as he sulks in the corner because he can't get a break, everyone is against him, and why does the world have to be so mean?

Its tough to rationalize the two.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #234 on: October 01, 2014, 02:59:29 PM »

I don't take what Ron said as disrespectful to Axl or GNR, what he said was true, it takes a lot to get the ball rolling with GNR. I'm sure Axl has said as much in the past, there's a lot of moving parts to consider in GNR, that's not an insult, thats the truth.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #235 on: October 01, 2014, 03:01:25 PM »

I don't take what Ron said as disrespectful to Axl or GNR, what he said was true, it takes a lot to get the ball rolling with GNR. I'm sure Axl has said as much in the past, there's a lot of moving parts to consider in GNR, that's not an insult, thats the truth.

He's saying Axl brings a lot of this on himself and isn't terribly proactive removing these supposed barriers.

The same things many, many, many people have been saying for years.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #236 on: October 01, 2014, 03:21:40 PM »

Meh, I don't see anything bad about the statement, everyone works at different paces, so what?  Given this band's history, there's a much higher bar than 'he works slower than I do' to qualify for legit band strife. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #237 on: October 01, 2014, 05:13:07 PM »

Meh, I don't see anything bad about the statement, everyone works at different paces, so what?  Given this band's history, there's a much higher bar than 'he works slower than I do' to qualify for legit band strife. 

Hahahaha.  True.

Ron, to me, was the guy in the middle of the room, swiveling at the hips with his hand outstretched, and asking a room full of the others, "does this all seem fuckin' nuts to anybody else?"

Pretty shocked he lasted as long as he did, to be honest. 

Ali
Legend

« Reply #238 on: October 01, 2014, 06:01:22 PM »

He's the fighter who never gives up, never surrenders, never lets people push him around...

...as he sulks in the corner because he can't get a break, everyone is against him, and why does the world have to be so mean?

Its tough to rationalize the two.
The problem is you selectively highlighted certain specific comments in order to present something that reinforces the position that "sulks in a corner".  But, if you read the WHOLE statement, BBF acknowledges that with GN'R, there are a different set of hurdles to overcome, with many more fires to put out than at BBF's level as a solo artist.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #239 on: October 01, 2014, 06:04:10 PM »

He's saying Axl brings a lot of this on himself and isn't terribly proactive removing these supposed barriers.

The same things many, many, many people have been saying for years.
As I mentioned, if you look at the entire response, that may not be true and I certainly disagree with your assessment.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: