Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:04:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227829 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 395736 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #280 on: December 18, 2014, 09:43:30 AM »

This article does not change anything... he doesn't make a clear statement...but it's just further evidence to what we all believe is true ..

It would be nice to get some clarification from somebody in the know...

But that's not going to happen.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #281 on: December 18, 2014, 09:52:58 AM »

I agree there is nothing new here.

I just don't see this as a 50/50 proposition that some do.  Every bit of info we have is on the "con" column and the "pro" column is empty, in terms of hard facts.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #282 on: December 18, 2014, 10:04:11 AM »

The ONLY way I could see the argument being, "He is just leaving things open" and "He could say he is in the band at any time", is if was just with the touring band.  And not a true member.

The problem is, all the people that don't want to admit he is no longer in the band, also don't want to admit he was just a touring member, just around for live shows....

I can see that..   Ron, when we tour again, we will be in touch...  Ok that works, because he was never really in the band then to begin with and was nothing more than a touring band member

Now if he was in the band full time as more than a touring band member.   He wouldn't be using terms like, "they" and "them" and "was", unless he was no longer in the band.  Downtime and no tour plans, do not matter to true band members, the band is still theres
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #283 on: December 18, 2014, 10:06:05 AM »

The ONLY way I could see the argument being, "He is just leaving things open" and "He could say he is in the band at any time", is if was just with the touring band.  And not a true member.

The problem is, all the people that don't want to admit he is no longer in the band, also don't want to admit he was just a touring member, just around for live shows....

I can see that..   Ron, when we tour again, we will be in touch...  Ok that works, because he was never really in the band then to begin with and was nothing more than a touring band member

Now if he was in the band full time as more than a touring band member.   He wouldn't be using terms like, "they" and "them" and "was", unless he was no longer in the band.  Downtime and no tour plans, do not matter to true band members, the band is still theres

All good points.  I agree.

I absolutely agree that there is a common denominator in the people insisting that all could still be well.  That common denominator being that "all is well" is their default position.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #284 on: December 18, 2014, 10:39:00 AM »

It wouldn't shock me to see Ron tour if his solo stuff is finished... It just doesn't seem likely if GNR is going to tour in the spring or something... He's a bright guy... He knows when he says things like "when I was in GNR" that its going to be perceived this way.

The fact that the issue is not addressed in any way, IMO is because it's another member leaving and that fuels the fire of the touring band/revolving door angle that people like to harp on.

But it also could really just be that Axl doesn't know what Ron's plans are, and Axl doesn't give a shit if he comes back or not.

No way to know, like I said, some clarification from somebody would be cool.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #285 on: December 18, 2014, 10:42:26 AM »

Guys...

"... even when I was in GUNS N' ROSES"

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #286 on: December 18, 2014, 10:43:32 AM »

The fact that the issue is not addressed in any way, IMO is because it's another member leaving and that fuels the fire of the touring band/revolving door angle that people like to harp on.

Yep.

And the people really pushing the idea he is still around are people that take great offense to such talk.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #287 on: December 18, 2014, 11:39:20 AM »

I just want to add that I hope Ron's health is now aces. I obviously did not know he had an issue involving cancer, very happy to hear it seems to be in the past.

I have never met him... I don't hang around venues after shows or anything, but by all accounts he is a sweet heart.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #288 on: December 18, 2014, 12:39:00 PM »

Yep.

And the people really pushing the idea he is still around are people that take great offense to such talk.

Kind of puts Richard's "nobody's worked on stuff with Ron" comment into perspective.

It's not really earth-shattering news, considered everything else that's been said, and perhaps he's being intentionally ambiguous so as to not totally burn the bridge and leave the door open to return...but, if you have to pick right now "in" or "out", it's pretty clear he's in the out, IMO.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #289 on: December 18, 2014, 12:42:30 PM »

Guys...

"... even when I was in GUNS N' ROSES"

Like I said that interview was months old.  That isn't a new quote.

From August 2nd:

http://www.thenational.ae/arts-lifestyle/music/bumblefoot-talks-heavy-metal-and-hot-sauce#ixzz3A8Igo5Vk

In that same interview he later goes on to say:

Finally, has any work begun on any new Guns N? Roses material?

We are all on break and everyone is off touring. Richard (Fortus) and Dizzy (Reed) are off touring with The Dead Daisies. DJ Ashba is readying to release his next album. Tommy (Stinson) is playing with The Replacements and I am finishing up my new solo album.

So, if you're relying on Ron's mastery of consistent use of pronouns and past vs. present tense to get an answer, you may be disappointed considering how his answers varied within a single interview.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #290 on: December 18, 2014, 12:42:41 PM »

Kind of puts Richard's "nobody's worked on stuff with Ron" comment into perspective.

It's not really earth-shattering news, considered everything else that's been said, and perhaps he's being intentionally ambiguous so as to not totally burn the bridge and leave the door open to return...but, if you have to pick right now "in" or "out", it's pretty clear he's in the out, IMO.

Ron leaving would shine a bright light on things we're not supposed to talk about.

Look how long it even took this topic to make it over here.  Is that an accident?  

It had already been on every other board for some time.  A lot of the true blue GNR defenders won't even comment on it.  Is that an accident?  

Even the ones that do are playing the only card in the deck, "hey, we don't know for sure yet".  Is that an accident?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #291 on: December 18, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »

It just seems that Axl has a very similar opinion of Ron that he did with Mr. Clarke. Ron was more than capable at a time in need of a replacement.

Axl liked having him play...but no interest in creating with him, similar to Gilby

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ali
Legend

« Reply #292 on: December 18, 2014, 12:46:27 PM »

All good points.  I agree.

I absolutely agree that there is a common denominator in the people insisting that all could still be well.  That common denominator being that "all is well" is their default position.
All good points?  How is Ron just a touring member when he played on every CD track and recorded guitar parts for songs we haven't heard yet, by his own admission?

I don't see why things have to be "all is well" or "all is not well".  I think things can be undecided, up in the air or undetermined.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #293 on: December 18, 2014, 12:47:58 PM »

It just seems that Axl has a very similar opinion of Ron that he did with Mr. Clarke. Ron was more than capable at a time in need of a replacement.

Axl liked having him play...but no interest in creating with him, similar to Gilby

I agree.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #294 on: December 18, 2014, 12:48:59 PM »

I don't see why things have to be "all is well" or "all is not well".  I think things can be undecided, up in the air or undetermined.

Sure seems like a lot of tap dancing to avoid having to type the words "yeah, this doesn't sound good".

Ali
Legend

« Reply #295 on: December 18, 2014, 12:55:30 PM »

Sure seems like a lot of tap dancing to avoid having to type the words "yeah, this doesn't sound good".

It doesn't sound good now.  But, it also doesn't sound definitive.  So, it's not either end of the spectrum, and still somewhere between both ends. 

What really matters is what happens whenever GN'R starts formulating tour plans.  Until then, I see no push for things to be definitive.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #296 on: December 18, 2014, 01:09:13 PM »

It doesn't sound good now.  But, it also doesn't sound definitive.  So, it's not either end of the spectrum, and still somewhere between both ends. 

What really matters is what happens whenever GN'R starts formulating tour plans.  Until then, I see no push for things to be definitive.

OK, you're in Vegas.  You have to put a bet down on either outcome.

Which way do you lean?

Ali
Legend

« Reply #297 on: December 18, 2014, 01:11:45 PM »

OK, you're in Vegas.  You have to put a bet down on either outcome.

Which way do you lean?

Now?  Clearly he's focused on his solo work now.  But, then again, GN'R is on hiatus now.  So, there is no competition for his or any other band member's time from GN'R.

So, why would I place a bet now?  Wouldn't it be more important to see how things unfold in mid to late 2015 and place a bet then?

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #298 on: December 18, 2014, 01:18:39 PM »

Like pulling teeth, Ali. 

Like pulling teeth.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #299 on: December 18, 2014, 01:34:57 PM »

Like pulling teeth, Ali. 

Like pulling teeth.
What, the reality of this situation?

Yeah, unfortunately it's not as clear cut as we'd all like it to be.  I wish it were.

We'll see what happens down the road.  As of now, I don't see how this new video interview signifies any change from the last six months.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: