Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:20:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227826 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 395690 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #300 on: December 18, 2014, 01:46:44 PM »

No, it doesn't.  I agree.

But based on everything we have, I'm asking you, right here right now, what your hunch is.

Why is that so hard to answer?  You aren't under oath.  This is not a deposition.  Its just a question from one fan to another on a message board.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #301 on: December 18, 2014, 02:46:46 PM »

But based on everything we have, I'm asking you, right here right now, what your hunch is.

Why is that so hard to answer?  You aren't under oath.  This is not a deposition.  Its just a question from one fan to another on a message board.

Understood.  I believe I answered as well.  I don't think things look good now.

I just believe now is not the time when how things look really matter in the end.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #302 on: December 18, 2014, 04:29:53 PM »

I agree there is nothing new here.

What's new is he's said it again.  Each time he seems to take it a little further.

The obvious interpretation:

In a new interview with Horns Up Rocks! (via Blabbermouth) Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal has suggested that he is splitting from Guns N' Roses to focus on his solo career.

Guns N' Roses has yet to issue an official statement on Thal's status within the band.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/bumblefoot_suggests_hes_leaving_guns_n_roses_to_focus_on_solo_career.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #303 on: December 18, 2014, 04:31:29 PM »

Understood.  I believe I answered as well.  I don't think things look good now.

I just believe now is not the time when how things look really matter in the end.

My mistake.  I missed that.

And I agree, unfortunately.  Doesn't look promising.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #304 on: December 18, 2014, 10:40:45 PM »

Basically if there's no hard feelings than Axl has probably kept the door open and so Ron keeps it open as well.  But clearly for now he's not in the band.  If GN'R tours in 2015 he's not touring with them.  2016, maybe, or maybe Ron wants to focus on the next record at that time.  In the meantime, Axl has to make a decision sooner or later, hope this doesn't cause an unfortunate delay in seeing them live again.

I know one thing, Ron's got some good advice when he said that you don't have to let all of the outside forces get in the way of your creativity. I think that comment went both ways, talking about his own career, and talking about Axl's situation. Despite, per his own acknowledgement, their situations are very different, that advice works either way.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #305 on: December 19, 2014, 04:51:38 AM »

Imagine if it ends up like a Marilyn Manson situation.... twiggy went back, but was on guitar not bass.... its the full time return of Duff, only he is gonna do guitar... rofl
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #306 on: December 19, 2014, 05:33:33 AM »

Imagine if it ends up like a Marilyn Manson situation.... twiggy went back, but was on guitar not bass.... its the full time return of Duff, only he is gonna do guitar... rofl
I think thats quite possible, even axl said in 08 that he would see duff coming back to play some guitar with GNR, the only thing is that duff is a rhythm guitar player, so all the wacky guitar parts would be left for 4tus and dj.  I would also enjoy Robin coming back.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #307 on: December 19, 2014, 09:00:25 AM »

I think thats quite possible, even axl said in 08 that he would see duff coming back to play some guitar with GNR, the only thing is that duff is a rhythm guitar player, so all the wacky guitar parts would be left for 4tus and dj.  I would also enjoy Robin coming back.

Good Comments

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #308 on: December 19, 2014, 12:51:13 PM »

I'll admit that I never heard of Ron until he joined GnR but have loved him since. Amazing player and just an all around funny dude who likes to have fun. He's very pro internet and all that. It's possible that, like someone said, he knows this talk is out there and he's just having fun, trolling the fans if you will. Wrestlers do that all the time. Jericho, Ryback, etc. Maybe he is just having fun with us and watching us react to every word he says all the while he laughs.

Yes, this is coming from a guy who wants him to be in the band. But as Kurt sang "Just because you're paranoid, does not mean they're not after you".
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #309 on: December 19, 2014, 01:57:56 PM »

I'll admit that I never heard of Ron until he joined GnR but have loved him since. Amazing player and just an all around funny dude who likes to have fun. He's very pro internet and all that. It's possible that, like someone said, he knows this talk is out there and he's just having fun, trolling the fans if you will. Wrestlers do that all the time. Jericho, Ryback, etc. Maybe he is just having fun with us and watching us react to every word he says all the while he laughs.

Very true.

Because he could clear this up in 3 seconds if he wanted to.  But he hasn't. 

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #310 on: December 19, 2014, 02:04:10 PM »

Very true.

That's possible, but it would be a bit twisted if that was the situation.  It may be that.  But, it also may be that nothing is definitive as of now for either side.

I keep referencing the Chris Broderick (Megadeth) example, but that's because he did definitively state he was leaving Megadeth as clearly as possible.

We've both used the word clear.  Maybe that's what this situation really lacks even for the parties involved - clarity.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #311 on: December 19, 2014, 02:07:36 PM »

What purpose would that have? To make some internet fans happy to have news?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #312 on: December 19, 2014, 02:20:12 PM »

What purpose would that have? To make some internet fans happy to have news?

Is there some upside to not saying anything that I am missing, other than perhaps trying to leverage a better deal from GNR?

Ron is very tech savvy.  He knows this talk is out there.  He is not clearing it up very much on purpose.  The only question is what that purpose is.

"Yes, I am still in GNR.  Not sure what we are going to be up to in 2015, but I'll be there."

Takes literally less than 30 seconds of his time.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #313 on: December 19, 2014, 02:39:14 PM »

Is there some upside to not saying anything that I am missing, other than perhaps trying to leverage a better deal from GNR?

Really? Nothing else?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #314 on: December 19, 2014, 02:41:02 PM »

Really? Nothing else?

You tell me, solider.  Believe I asked if there was something I was missing.

You have another theory?  Now's the time.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #315 on: December 19, 2014, 02:43:01 PM »

No, I'll let you think.  ok

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #316 on: December 19, 2014, 02:43:13 PM »

We get it..

it really doesn't benefit any party to make an announcement...

Ron uses the GNR name to promote his efforts...and it makes GNR look in disarray if they announce the lead guitar player quit.

It's also true that only a few internet posters really care either way.

But if this isnt a topic for a GNR message board... then I really don't know what the point is...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #317 on: December 19, 2014, 02:44:02 PM »

Really? Nothing else?

I believe the theory is we're not owed shit.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #318 on: December 19, 2014, 02:47:05 PM »

Really? Nothing else?

I believe the theory is we're not owed shit.

Not one god damn thing.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #319 on: December 19, 2014, 03:07:51 PM »

Really? Nothing else?

Ron might have a confidentiality agreement.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: