Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:32:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 394286 times)
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2014, 10:40:22 AM »

Bummer if it's true.  I like the guy a lot...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2014, 10:51:37 AM »

If it's true that he's gone, I'm not sure this affects the finishing up of the next album way or the other, but for future tours, wouldn't they need to find a replacement who can play the Buckethead and Ron parts from CD?  That's not to say that Ashba or Fortus are not skilled enough to take those parts, but I would think you need a guy who's a shredder to play a lot of those parts. 

Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2014, 12:04:25 PM »

IF it's true, I'd like Fortus to get the virtuoso function (he's enough skilled for this) and Izzy back on rythm.  drool

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2014, 12:10:19 PM »

Reading comments on some of the other forums, sure sounds like Ron handled a lot of the guitar playing duties live.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2014, 07:08:46 PM »

Is he not just listing what years he has been with the band so far?

Guns N' Roses guitarist (2006 - 2014)

I'm pretty sure that Ron is aware of the significance of the dash. Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56ZvllbJBnU

And everything will come to pass. And it all happened in the dash. I saw the numbers on each side. But all that mattered was the line.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2014, 07:53:36 PM »

Saw this posted on another site ....

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bumblefoot-i-really-should-have-paid-more-attention-to-my-solo-career-even-when-i-was-in-guns-n-roses/

MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2014, 08:38:31 PM »

And everything will come to pass. And it all happened in the dash. I saw the numbers on each side. But all that mattered was the line.

Interesting..

Typical Blabbermouth style.  Take bits and pieces of multiple interviews and make an all new article.  The second half of the article has nothing to do with the first half.  Although the first half mentions this, "To be honest, I really should have paid more attention to it, even when I was in GUNS N' ROSES."

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2014, 08:42:30 PM »

Interesting..

Typical Blabbermouth style.  Take bits and pieces of multiple interviews and make an all new article.  The second half of the article has nothing to do with the first half.  Although the first half mentions this, "To be honest, I really should have paid more attention to it, even when I was in GUNS N' ROSES."
I'll point this out because I think people are relying on Blabbermouth and not reading the full BBF interview with The National.  He makes another comment which makes things less clear, IMO.

Finally, has any work begun on any new Guns N? Roses material?

We are all on break and everyone is off touring. Richard (Fortus) and Dizzy (Reed) are off touring with The Dead Daisies. DJ Ashba is readying to release his next album. Tommy (Stinson) is playing with The Replacements and I am finishing up my new solo album

Read more: www.thenational.ae/arts-lifestyle/music/bumblefoot-talks-heavy-metal-and-hot-sauce#ixzz3A8Igo5Vk

Ali
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2014, 08:46:39 PM »

Nice find. That doesn't sound like he's living based off that interview

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2014, 08:50:59 PM »

At the very least, it makes it less than crystal clear.

Ali
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2014, 09:42:31 PM »

At the very least, it makes it less than crystal clear.

Ali

Maybe Ron forgot to put an asterisk by 2014* (on hiatus)

Wishful thinking or very plausible.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2014, 11:37:25 PM »

Could be a gauntlet of sorts.  A challenge to Axl to finally get it together.

He sees progress, he's back.  If he's contacted for the 13th leg of the same tour?  Maybe he doesn't.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2014, 11:40:12 PM »

On the topic of whether he has submitted compositions for GUNS N' ROSES to record for the band's next studio album, Thal told Khaleej Times: "I wanted to get together as a band, I didn't want to submit my songs for the band to play. I wanted the band to write as a band so it would truly be a band. But we're just too busy with touring and other things, and it just didn't happen."

No one alive can put a good spin on this part.

ticognr
Opening Act

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2014, 01:09:27 AM »

Asked if it's fair to say that his solo career has taken a backseat once he joined GUNS N' ROSES, Thal told The National: "The solo albums are everything to me and it's really what I do. To be honest, I really should have paid more attention to it, even when I was in GUNS N' ROSES. I should have been touring more and putting more albums than what I did."

Regarding whether he is glad he reconsidered his decision to join GUNS N' ROSES after initially turning down an opportunity to become a part of the group, Thal told Time Out Dubai: "It's a yes-and-no thing. Ultimately, yes, there are a lot of things with it that made life more difficult, but we are supposed to have challenges. If it was easy, then everything would be handed to us. I have definitely learned a lot and I grew a lot. I think I became a better person in the end, or I try to be. I don't regret it."

On the topic of whether he has submitted compositions for GUNS N' ROSES to record for the band's next studio album, Thal told Khaleej Times: "I wanted to get together as a band, I didn't want to submit my songs for the band to play. I wanted the band to write as a band so it would truly be a band. But we're just too busy with touring and other things, and it just didn't happen."

He added: "It's reaching the point where I'm starting to nurture the rest of my life, because I do a lot of other things ? and that's really who I am."

the rest you can find here:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bumblefoot-i-really-should-have-paid-more-attention-to-my-solo-career-even-when-i-was-in-guns-n-roses/

Guns n' fuckin' Roses
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2014, 07:43:08 AM »

"I wanted to get together as a band, I didn't want to submit my songs for the band to play. I wanted the band to write as a band so it would truly be a band. But we're just too busy with touring and other things, and it just didn't happen"

I was right, as always... I knew how bumble felt and i even wrote it on this forum. He kinda quotes me  Roll Eyes, while someone else just said I was saying bullshit.  Roll Eyes... Musicians have the same soul, you know... There is the artist and there is the business man and there is the one who just don't care.... Just choose who you want to be.

I'm not saying he's out, but if you read between lines you can't say he's really happy about gnr, "the band"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:47:46 AM by ITARocker » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2014, 08:54:37 AM »

Its hard to really call this a shock, because you could see this coming for some time.  This is how it was going to end for Ron in this band.

Of all of them, he seemed to be the only one willing to stand up and say how ridiculous it was they never functioned like a real band.  Perhaps the others think that too, but they sure didn't vocalize it quite like he did, and absolutely not as often.

Ultimately, Axl is going to do what he's going to do.  So no need to chime in on how I don't have "the facts", Axl doesn't owe us anything, and all those trusty talking points.

But how many people does he have to drive from his band, all for the same reasons, before he maybe starts to think his approach needs some tweaking?

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2014, 09:41:56 AM »

IF this is absolutely 100% true, it really pisses me off we found out through cryptic updates to his instagram and a fucking middle eastern online newspaper. C'mon dude, step up and tell us. Don't even have to explain why, but say it. Bumbles a fan favorite, and always more than open. Sure, everytime I've talked to Ron he's bitched about something, but he always did it with a smile and was happy to be there for the fans.  I'm still holding hope that this is just him having another shitty spell, and he still in. If not, and we don't "officially" find out from him, and we either hear from the Guns' camp or get surprised with a new guy at the next show, I'm gonna lose a lot of respect for Ron.

Axl is God.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2014, 09:54:14 AM »

IF this is absolutely 100% true, it really pisses me off we found out through cryptic updates to his instagram and a fucking middle eastern online newspaper. C'mon dude, step up and tell us. Don't even have to explain why, but say it. Bumbles a fan favorite, and always more than open. Sure, everytime I've talked to Ron he's bitched about something, but he always did it with a smile and was happy to be there for the fans.  I'm still holding hope that this is just him having another shitty spell, and he still in. If not, and we don't "officially" find out from him, and we either hear from the Guns' camp or get surprised with a new guy at the next show, I'm gonna lose a lot of respect for Ron.

This is all valid, in my view.

The band or their management could also clear this up in 3 seconds.  Why do they get a pass?

ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2014, 10:40:12 AM »

They get a pass because its nothing but speculation and interpretation by individuals. If GN'R had to comment on everything that was out there about them then they would never stop clearing up issues. Remember when there was no internet, no online social media and it would take a while for info to filter through to people, well that was not that long ago. Also, things like this can be for personal/private matters and just because we buy an album or go see a show does not automatically entitle you to have every bit of info on a band/individual/situation etc. When its time, we will know.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2014, 10:50:45 AM »

They get a pass because its nothing but speculation and interpretation by individuals. If GN'R had to comment on everything that was out there about them then they would never stop clearing up issues. Remember when there was no internet, no online social media and it would take a while for info to filter through to people, well that was not that long ago. Also, things like this can be for personal/private matters and just because we buy an album or go see a show does not automatically entitle you to have every bit of info on a band/individual/situation etc. When its time, we will know.

Not a fan of this answer.

Let me clarify that.  I'm not a fan of this answer if you are then going to get butthurt over the "lies and unfounded speculation."  Because by not commenting, that is what you foster.  You enable that.  Now...if you don't care, no worries.  But don't lecture us down the road about we had it all wrong.  You didn't tell us dick. 

Its a different world out there right now with the internet and social media.  They know very well this talk is out there.  Not commenting on it or clarifying anything is absoltuely a conscious decision on their parts, and they have to live with that fallout.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: