Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 02:21:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227828 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 395714 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #240 on: October 01, 2014, 06:12:25 PM »

I certainly disagree with your assessment.

Don't you always?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #241 on: October 01, 2014, 06:18:59 PM »

I certainly disagree with your assessment.

Don't you always?
No, not always.

But, in this case, it seems clear to me that the comments you excluded are important and can change the view of BBF's overall perspective.

At the very least, it is certainly not pure criticism from BBF, however polite and constructive it may be.  He clearly acknowledges that dealing with GN'R is different than dealing with his own solo ventures.

Ali
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #242 on: October 02, 2014, 11:41:49 AM »

One question. If Ron is out the band WHY does he not just tell everyone?
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #243 on: October 02, 2014, 12:09:08 PM »

It's not confirmed that he's out.  I personally don't think he is.  I think the reason he's not publicly addressing it is because he wants to focus only on his solo work right now and just needs a vacation from all things GNR, whether that's touring, dealing with management or having to deal with endless GNR related rumors. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #244 on: October 02, 2014, 12:16:22 PM »

It's not confirmed that he's out.  I personally don't think he is.  I think the reason he's not publicly addressing it is because he wants to focus only on his solo work right now and just needs a vacation from all things GNR, whether that's touring, dealing with management or having to deal with endless GNR related rumors. 

I think it's a couple things things in play...

1) If he is walking away (and all the evidence leans towards he is)... what is he walking away from... they don't write and record as a group because everything they might release is a decade old and there's no tour dates scheduled... so if he is not under a contract of some type... there really is nothing to announce walking away from.

and 2) Since there is no reason to announce his departure from anything... Doesn't it help his solo efforts if he is Bumblefoot of GNR compared to just Bumblefoot?

How many people here knew his name before that first night at Hammerstein? Raise ur hands..... nobody huh?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #245 on: October 02, 2014, 12:59:17 PM »

I had never heard of him.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #246 on: October 02, 2014, 01:07:09 PM »

It could be there's a non-disclosure agreement where all parties agree not to discuss.  Who knows.  His contract could have come to an end in June (on the infamous tweet date), and now there's an undisclosed period of time where he's not allowed to talk about it (except for giving past-tense interviews).  In any event, he probably doesn't want to blow the doors off because maybe there's a possibility he re-ups. 

Honestly, he's not really doing anything new.  We've never really heard from Robin, Bucket, Brain, Paul, etc. on why they left.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #247 on: October 02, 2014, 04:37:38 PM »

No, but we knew they left.  Huh

Whether or not I knew about Ron before he joined GN'R does not matter... I know him now and think he's great.

I hope the line up stays the same.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 04:40:25 PM by reayj2003 » Logged
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #248 on: October 02, 2014, 05:12:56 PM »

It could be there's a non-disclosure agreement where all parties agree not to discuss.  Who knows.  His contract could have come to an end in June (on the infamous tweet date), and now there's an undisclosed period of time where he's not allowed to talk about it (except for giving past-tense interviews).  In any event, he probably doesn't want to blow the doors off because maybe there's a possibility he re-ups. 

Honestly, he's not really doing anything new.  We've never really heard from Robin, Bucket, Brain, Paul, etc. on why they left.

It's all blind speculation, but if I was a betting man, yeah, I'd bet non-disclosure agreement.

I don't follow other bands or other music in general...is anything this band does commonly seen in the music business?  I'd like to know. 

Seems to me like following GNR is like looking at a Salvador Dali painting...in the middle of a sea of floating funhouse mirrors...in dim lighting...with one foot set firmly in reality and the other floating in the twilight zone.
Ron seems like a great guy.  Axl seems like a great guy.
Somebody get these guys together and just let them make music.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #249 on: October 02, 2014, 05:21:49 PM »

I've come to the conclusion that Ron is just leaving the door open.  If Gn'R plans to tour in 2015 he's not going to join as he's told management that he's dediciating the next year to his solo thing.  If GN'R decides to start writing new material he'd love to participate.  Question is, would it be too late for him by then.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #250 on: October 03, 2014, 11:25:07 AM »

I've come to the conclusion that Ron is just leaving the door open.  If Gn'R plans to tour in 2015 he's not going to join as he's told management that he's dediciating the next year to his solo thing.  If GN'R decides to start writing new material he'd love to participate.  Question is, would it be too late for him by then.

I would agree.

I just think its no longer that GNR comes first.  Meaning, if something comes up down the line and he's got the time free, he'd do it.  But I think the days of him cancelling his own stuff or being told to keep his calendar open for a call that might not even come are over.

mortismurphy
« Reply #251 on: October 03, 2014, 02:13:38 PM »

Well Ron's use of language, from two interviews so far, is fairly irrefutable and can only mean two things:

A/ Ron has indeed quit Guns N' Roses, or,

B/ Ron needs a lesson in English grammar, playing particularly attention to his usage of the past and perfect tenses.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #252 on: October 03, 2014, 04:36:40 PM »

Well Ron's use of language, from two interviews so far, is fairly irrefutable and can only mean two things:

A/ Ron has indeed quit Guns N' Roses, or,

B/ Ron needs a lesson in English grammar, playing particularly attention to his usage of the past and perfect tenses.
At this point, it's likely B, or C) nothing has been finalized or decided.

Ali
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #253 on: October 04, 2014, 11:56:19 AM »

I would agree.

I just think its no longer that GNR comes first.  Meaning, if something comes up down the line and he's got the time free, he'd do it.  But I think the days of him cancelling his own stuff or being told to keep his calendar open for a call that might not even come are over.

Exactly. But I think if Axl called him to the studio to help write and record new material, he'd be there.  He just has gotten to the point where he doesn't want to wait anymore.  Can't blame him at all.  He wants what we want. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #254 on: October 09, 2014, 11:22:31 AM »

Holy sh-t...just saw Bumblef--ks bit on Swearnet.com...hillarious! If you've ever wanted to see Ron pantsless in a Hello Kitty sweater you should check it out. What a good sport. Hope all is well and works out with the whole GnR thing.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #255 on: October 10, 2014, 06:20:57 PM »

Well, if Ron stays great. If he leaves, then maybe they'll finally ask me to join the band.

Of course, I can only play the jug, so we'll need to work out some new material.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #256 on: October 10, 2014, 07:14:10 PM »

I know this great little jug band, they need a guitar player too.  Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #257 on: December 18, 2014, 12:45:45 AM »

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-bumblefoot-to-focus-on-his-solo-career-ive-tried-to-do-both-and-its-been-really-difficult/

I guess it's official now. Dammit!  Undecided I really loved Ron's guitar playing. Hope they find someone capable to replace him. Not that they need to, Richard and DJ could easily do the guitar work between the two of them.

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #258 on: December 18, 2014, 12:56:46 AM »

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-bumblefoot-to-focus-on-his-solo-career-ive-tried-to-do-both-and-its-been-really-difficult/

I guess it's official now. Dammit!  Undecided I really loved Ron's guitar playing. Hope they find someone capable to replace him. Not that they need to, Richard and DJ could easily do the guitar work between the two of them.
Did you actually watch the video interview?

He just said he's focused on his solo career right now. Which is exactly what he's been doing for the last six months. GN'R have no upcoming activities, so there are no conflicts to even consider at this point. I don't see what has really changed.

Ali
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #259 on: December 18, 2014, 01:13:39 AM »

Whoops.  Grin Flash player isn't working at my workplace computer, so I couldn't watch the video. Thanx for setting it straight.

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: