Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:08:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227771 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 394016 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #260 on: December 18, 2014, 01:22:03 AM »

Whoops.  Grin Flash player isn't working at my workplace computer, so I couldn't watch the video. Thanx for setting it straight.
I'm not making out to be positive, but I honestly don't see what has changed in the last six months. GN'R is still on hiatus and Ron is focused on his solo career.

When GN'R gets active, that's when a decision has to be made.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #261 on: December 18, 2014, 01:33:21 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES' BUMBLEFOOT To Focus On His Solo Career: 'I've Tried To Do Both, And It's Been Really Difficult'

"I'm focusing on my stuff."

"I'm sure it's gonna be an exciting, interesting year for everybody ? for GUNS, for me, for everybody. A lot of stokes in the fire? for them, for me. We'll see what happens in 2015."

You can only be in one place at one time, and that kind of gets in the way of things, and you have to start making choices."

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #262 on: December 18, 2014, 02:16:33 AM »

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-bumblefoot-to-focus-on-his-solo-career-ive-tried-to-do-both-and-its-been-really-difficult/

I guess it's official now. Dammit!  Undecided I really loved Ron's guitar playing. Hope they find someone capable to replace him. Not that they need to, Richard and DJ could easily do the guitar work between the two of them.
Did you actually watch the video interview?

He just said he's focused on his solo career right now. Which is exactly what he's been doing for the last six months. GN'R have no upcoming activities, so there are no conflicts to even consider at this point. I don't see what has really changed.

Ali

Thal's last solo album was 2008's "Abnormal" and the guitarist recenty admitted that he missed working on his own material. He told The National: "The solo albums are everything to me and it's really what I do. To be honest, I really should have paid more attention to it, even when I was in GUNS N' ROSES. I should have been touring more and putting out more albums than I did."

When he uses phrases like, "They" or "when I was in", sure sounds like he is saying is is no longer in the band any longer.

Sure seems like we have all missed some statement, saying this.....
Ali
Legend

« Reply #263 on: December 18, 2014, 02:25:42 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES' BUMBLEFOOT To Focus On His Solo Career: 'I've Tried To Do Both, And It's Been Really Difficult'

"I'm sure it's gonna be an exciting, interesting year for everybody ? for GUNS, for me, for everybody. A lot of stokes in the fire? for them, for me. We'll see what happens in 2015."

You can only be in one place at one time, and that kind of gets in the way of things, and you have to start making choices."

When is GN'R' next show?

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #264 on: December 18, 2014, 02:26:53 AM »

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-bumblefoot-to-focus-on-his-solo-career-ive-tried-to-do-both-and-its-been-really-difficult/

I guess it's official now. Dammit!  Undecided I really loved Ron's guitar playing. Hope they find someone capable to replace him. Not that they need to, Richard and DJ could easily do the guitar work between the two of them.

He just said he's focused on his solo career right now. Which is exactly what he's been doing for the last six months. GN'R have no upcoming activities, so there are no conflicts to even consider at this point. I don't see what has really changed.

Ali

Thal's last solo album was 2008's "Abnormal" and the guitarist recenty admitted that he missed working on his own material. He told The National: "The solo albums are everything to me and it's really what I do. To be honest, I really should have paid more attention to it, even when I was in GUNS N' ROSES. I should have been touring more and putting out more albums than I did."

When he uses phrases like, "They" or "when I was in", sure sounds like he is saying is is no longer in the band any longer.

Sure seems like we have all missed some statement, saying this.....

That interview with The National was conducted months ago.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #265 on: December 18, 2014, 02:39:21 AM »

He just said he's focused on his solo career right now.

Ali

Did you actually watch the video interview?  He doesn't say "right now."

Ali
Legend

« Reply #266 on: December 18, 2014, 02:42:31 AM »

Ali

Yes, I watched the whole video. That is exactly my point. GN'R is on hiatus and inactive. So, there can't be a decision made at this time at least regarding GN'R.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #267 on: December 18, 2014, 02:43:41 AM »

When is GN'R' next show?

Ali

You might not like what he's saying.  But he's telling you something here.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #268 on: December 18, 2014, 02:45:10 AM »

Ali

Yes, I watched the whole video. That is exactly my point. GN'R is on hiatus and inactive. So, there can't be a decision made at this time at least regarding GN'R.

Ali

Sounds like he has made a decision.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #269 on: December 18, 2014, 02:45:30 AM »

When is GN'R' next show?

Ali

You might not like what he's saying.  But he's telling you something here.

No, he'll be telling me something when he actually has a choice to make  involving GN'R. Until then, it's all up in the air.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #270 on: December 18, 2014, 02:47:11 AM »

No, he'll be telling me something when he actually has a choice to make  involving GN'R. Until then, it's all up in the air.

Ali

That's not what he said.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #271 on: December 18, 2014, 02:49:29 AM »

Ali

Ali

Sounds like he has made a decision.

What decision? GN'R is inactive at this time. Exactly what decision is there to make?

Richard and Dizzy have been busy with The Dead Dasies. But, they haven't made a decision have they?

For the same reason. There's no GN'R activity competing with any other project.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #272 on: December 18, 2014, 02:50:27 AM »

Ali

That's not what he said.

No shit. That's me disagreeing with your previous statement.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #273 on: December 18, 2014, 02:54:23 AM »

What decision? GN'R is inactive at this time. Exactly what decision is there to make?

Ali

Inactivity isn't the factor in this decision.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #274 on: December 18, 2014, 03:04:22 AM »

Ali

Of course it is. How can you make a decision on how to allocate your time when one option cannot demand any time by virtue of being inactive?

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #275 on: December 18, 2014, 03:10:09 AM »

Ali

Of course it is. How can you make a decision on how to allocate your time when one option cannot demand any time by virtue of being inactive?

Ali

You make a simple decision if you want in...or want out.  Look what he said.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #276 on: December 18, 2014, 03:17:10 AM »

Ali

Ali

You make a simple decision if you want in...or want out.  Look what he said.

I did. And, again, there is no decision to make at this time because GN'R is inactive.

How can you make a decision on being in or out of something when that something isn't even up and running and requiring a decision?

I'm sorry I just don't get it. When Chris Broderick left Megadeth, he made a very clear and unambiguous statement. That hasn't happened here. Maybe it's because things aren't so clear here at this time.

Ali
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #277 on: December 18, 2014, 03:29:13 AM »

This may be the worst argument ever..

Why would someone who is in a band refer to THAT band as THEM and not WE....

He is talking about the band guns n roses and not Axl himself.  He is not in the band any longer!

The fact that the band is not touring right now, dosnt mean anything...   You would still be in the band.....  You would say, we are not touring, we are quiet right now, not they...

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #278 on: December 18, 2014, 09:17:52 AM »

I guess you could so firmly grasp onto the fact this might all be no big deal if you saw some sort of value in that stance.

Personally, I do not.  But I can at least acknowledge and respect the validity of the argument.  I'm just unclear why its wrong to say things look pretty bleak.

Look, Ron clears this up in 3 seconds if he wanted to.  He knows this talk is out there, and a video saying "yes, I am still in Guns N' Roses" takes less time than its taking me to type this post.

But he's not doing that, is he?  Why?

There are only 3 scenarios that make sense :

1) Ron is in Guns N' Roses
2) Ron is trying to leverage himself a better deal
3) Ron is out of Guns N' Roses

#1, you can rule out.  At least as a definitive stance right now..  #3, I suppose you could also rule out for the same reason.

If you are clinging to the fact he'll still be around, you are subscribing to #2.  That all this is being done as some sort of negotiation tool.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #279 on: December 18, 2014, 09:32:10 AM »

I guess you could so firmly grasp onto the fact this might all be no big deal if you saw some sort of value in that stance.

Personally, I do not.  But I can at least acknowledge and respect the validity of the argument.  I'm just unclear why its wrong to say things look pretty bleak.

Look, Ron clears this up in 3 seconds if he wanted to.  He knows this talk is out there, and a video saying "yes, I am still in Guns N' Roses" takes less time than its taking me to type this post.

But he's not doing that, is he?  Why?

There are only 3 scenarios that make sense :

1) Ron is in Guns N' Roses
2) Ron is trying to leverage himself a better deal
3) Ron is out of Guns N' Roses

#1, you can rule out.  At least as a definitive stance right now..  #3, I suppose you could also rule out for the same reason.

If you are clinging to the fact he'll still be around, you are subscribing to #2.  That all this is being done as some sort of negotiation tool.
I mentioned the Chris Broderick example because as much as you are correct in that in three seconds he could say he's in the band, he could also say he's out of the band (like Broderick did).

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: