Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 08:10:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227829 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR albums and Warrant
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR albums and Warrant  (Read 51140 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2014, 06:11:41 PM »

Fascinating, so how many successful CDs or albums have you released?

Do you comment on politics?  Ah, you must be a President. 

How about on sports?  Then you must be an athlete.

See how silly that sounds? 

That's just a way to shut down a conversation you don't want to have because the facts aren't on your side.  You must see this. 

No, I am not the one complaining, offering unsolicited amateur advice or pretending I know how to run operations and businesses that don't belong to me.

So your conclusion and assessment is flawed, and your attempt to spin this in your favor was a failure.

I think all this posturing is a coverup for the fact that you aren't getting what you want, the philosopher Jagger once said, 'You can't always get what you want.'"
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:15:55 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2014, 07:19:24 PM »

No, I am not the one complaining, offering unsolicited amateur advice or pretending I know how to run operations and businesses that don't belong to me.

You should start.  It's fun.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2014, 08:14:29 PM »

Have we really gone this deep into this thread without a 'Down Boys' reference?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2014, 10:57:58 PM »

No thanks, if I agreed with you we'd both be wrong and Im not particularly interested in seeing how life is from the top of a bell curve.

In order to be an effective smart ass, you have to be smart- otherwise you are just an ass peace
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:00:00 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2014, 08:41:47 AM »

My Uncle Tom says that comment takes the Cherry Pie.. hihi
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2014, 08:54:50 AM »

That's just a way to shut down a conversation you don't want to have because the facts aren't on your side.  You must see this. 

So your conclusion and assessment is flawed, and your attempt to spin this in your favor was a failure.

I think all this posturing is a coverup for the fact that you aren't getting what you want, the philosopher Jagger once said, 'You can't always get what you want.'"

The philosopher Jagger also said: "But if you try sometimes well you might find, you get what you need."  I like his logic.

I know it?s more convenient for you to label us as constant complainers (with ridiculous demands) whining about how the band should do what we want them to do when we want them to do it, but that?s just not true.  If anything, I think we offer a pretty objective outlook.  Some things are good, some not so good, and I think it?s ok to comment on the good and not so good (in a productive way).  Kind of the point of this forum, no?  You don't have to be a record exec. to have an opinion that's different than yours.  And, if your opinion is the band is always right/never wrong...well, that's just not credible.  No one is right 100% of the time...not even Jarmo.

And, so that we?re very clear:  I am spending zero sleepless nights wondering when my next GnR album is coming.  I do not walk into work dejected because I don't have the General on my iTunes.  I come on here, yuck it up a little, try to figure out what's going on, and go about my business.  Somehow, life goes on.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2014, 08:56:26 AM »

I know a secret down at Uncle Tom's cabin...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2014, 09:00:59 AM »

Hahahaha.

Well played, sir.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2014, 09:18:24 AM »

No thanks, if I agreed with you we'd both be wrong and Im not particularly interested in seeing how life is from the top of a bell curve.

And why risk not being part of the chosen when Axl comes down for The Rapture and rescues all the true believers?

Joke will be on me then, huh?

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2014, 09:39:24 AM »

The philosopher Jagger also said: "But if you try sometimes well you might find, you get what you need."  I like his logic.

I know it?s more convenient for you to label us as constant complainers (with ridiculous demands) whining about how the band should do what we want them to do when we want them to do it, but that?s just not true.  If anything, I think we offer a pretty objective outlook.  Some things are good, some not so good, and I think it?s ok to comment on the good and not so good (in a productive way).  Kind of the point of this forum, no?  You don't have to be a record exec. to have an opinion that's different than yours.  And, if your opinion is the band is always right/never wrong...well, that's just not credible.  No one is right 100% of the time...not even Jarmo.

And, so that we?re very clear:  I am spending zero sleepless nights wondering when my next GnR album is coming.  I do not walk into work dejected because I don't have the General on my iTunes.  I come on here, yuck it up a little, try to figure out what's going on, and go about my business.  Somehow, life goes on.

Just to be clear- you cannot offer up an informed opinion when you are not informed- you are merely shooting in the dark and coloring it with your own biases.
Speculation employs those powerful pseudo-laws, the Principles of Mediocrity and Minimal Assumption.

To use two Warrant songs, You may think I have "Blind Faith" but I am positive you are all "Big Talk"
All these anonymous critics on the internet, with all their complaints, advice, and helpful suggestions would not be so forthcoming nor courageous if the cloak of anonymity weren't present. Wink

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2014, 09:50:56 AM »

And why risk not being part of the chosen when Axl comes down for The Rapture and rescues all the true believers?

Oh now you are choosing half-wit humor attempts in lieu of a legitimate reply in an attempt to trivialize and save face in this discussion?

Why am I not surprised Wink

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2014, 10:05:02 AM »

My point was more that if your faith wavered during 3 looooooooooooong years of silence, you aren't a terrible person.

No, you're not a terrible person. But maybe you need to fill that void in your life with something other than whining about Axl on a daily basis for years and years? I mean, without being any kind of expert, that doesn't sound too healthy in the long run to live like that....

And I don't see how an album that eventually came out in 2008 retroactively means that if you doubted in those 3 years, you can go fuck yourself or are some fake fan.  The doubt in 2005-05 was justified given the disastrous 2002 tour, band defections, and lack of any communication with anyone in the operation.

Those are your words not mine.

I think if you were doubting the album to ever come out, then when it came out, you could've admitted that you were wrong. That's not a whole lot to admit. Yet it seems like a lot of people "forgot" how they kept repeating "it's never coming out" all those years and then moved onto something else that was "wrong".

Some have a very hard time admitting they were wrong and GN'R has done something right. Simple as that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2014, 10:07:53 AM »

Oh now you are choosing half-wit humor attempts in lieu of a legitimate reply in an attempt to trivialize and save face in this discussion?

Because you don't bring much to the table.  Sorry.

I wasted enough time with constructive posts that you were either unable or just unwilling to address.

Jokey answers are what you get from now on, until you show me something.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2014, 10:15:37 AM »

No, you're not a terrible person. But maybe you need to fill that void in your life with something other than whining about Axl on a daily basis for years and years? I mean, without being any kind of expert, that doesn't sound too healthy in the long run to live like that....

Jesus Christ, Jarmo.  How many times are you going to trot out this tired, repeatedly discredited talking point?

Taking a few minutes to avoid work to post on a message board does not equal unhappiness with life, no matter how many times you try and insist it does.

I think if you were doubting the album to ever come out, then when it came out, you could've admitted that you were wrong. That's not a whole lot to admit. Yet it seems like a lot of people "forgot" how they kept repeating "it's never coming out" all those years and then moved onto something else that was "wrong".

I would say from 2003-2005, no, I did not think it was ever coming out.  Once he got his shit together in 2006, the chances of it improved greatly. 

So, if it makes you happy (not that you ever concede me much of anything), yes, I was wrong during the period of 2003-2005.  I do not feel holding that opinion during those years was unjustified, but since it did eventually come out, yes, I was wrong about that.

Some have a very hard time admitting they were wrong and GN'R has done something right. Simple as that.

Of all the things you say that carry no weight with anyone sane, this is the ultimate.  When you can so much as offer a mild suggestion that maybe, perhaps, just possibly, that something they did was handled wrong...then you can lecture about who needs to say what about what.  Until then, its a challenge with no validity.

Just about any of we supposed dissidents have already conceded being wrong about something more than you have conceded the band might be in the wrong...because so long as we've done so at least once, we got you beat.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2014, 12:18:38 PM »

Because you don't bring much to the table.  Sorry.

I wasted enough time with constructive posts that you were either unable or just unwilling to address.

Jokey answers are what you get from now on, until you show me something.

Your points aren't valid, the only things you bring to the table are a misplaced sense of entitlement, and rampant amounts of epicaricacy or schadenfraud.

But by all means continue to try and save face with your idiot jokes Wink

"Shut the fuck up."
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2014, 01:00:17 PM »

Just to be clear- you cannot offer up an informed opinion when you are not informed- you are merely shooting in the dark and coloring it with your own biases.
Speculation employs those powerful pseudo-laws, the Principles of Mediocrity and Minimal Assumption.

To use two Warrant songs, You may think I have "Blind Faith" but I am positive you are all "Big Talk"
All these anonymous critics on the internet, with all their complaints, advice, and helpful suggestions would not be so forthcoming nor courageous if the cloak of anonymity weren't present. Wink

Who said my opinion was informed?  If I had an informed opinion, I don't think I'd be posting on a fan forum to discuss the band and ask questions.  By your logic, why should your opinion be given any credibility?  Is it informed, or are you just "shooting in the dark and coloring it with your own biases"?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2014, 01:06:40 PM »

Sometimes I think some of these folks would be happier if a day went by where no one posted about anything.

Speculation?  Dangerous and ill informed. 

Criticism?  Get out of here with that. 

Show reviews?  Only if you can produce a ticket stub.

Enjoy the silence.  Its fucking golden.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2014, 02:37:00 PM »

Taking a few minutes to avoid work to post on a message board does not equal unhappiness with life, no matter how many times you try and insist it does.

Just because you do, doesn't mean it's true for all others who share your negative point of view.  Smiley

So, if it makes you happy (not that you ever concede me much of anything), yes, I was wrong during the period of 2003-2005.  I do not feel holding that opinion during those years was unjustified, but since it did eventually come out, yes, I was wrong about that.

Great. Now imagine if all the others who keep whining about things and then get proven wrong would be able to do the same...

Of all the things you say that carry no weight with anyone sane, this is the ultimate.  When you can so much as offer a mild suggestion that maybe, perhaps, just possibly, that something they did was handled wrong...then you can lecture about who needs to say what about what.  Until then, its a challenge with no validity.

Just about any of we supposed dissidents have already conceded being wrong about something more than you have conceded the band might be in the wrong...because so long as we've done so at least once, we got you beat.

Anyone sane? Why'd you exclude yourself like that?

You seem to live in the fantasy that everyone who whines about GN'R is a level headed unbiased individual who would want nothing more than GN'R to be the biggest band in the world today.... Just because someone posts a lot of garbage on the Internet doesn't mean they mean well.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2014, 03:31:40 PM »

Just because you do, doesn't mean it's true for all others who share your negative point of view.  Smiley

I don't know.  Just doesn't ring true to me.

Statements like yours come across as your way of striking back indirectly because you can't do it directly.  If anyone laments the prolonged inactivity or lack of progress, obviously, you can't refute that directly.  Those facts are what they are.  So you pivot to how we must be unhappy with our lives.  Yeah, that must be it.  Let's not talk about the actual band's foibles, because that's inconvenient.  So let's shift to how unhappy we must be with life because you dare utter a critical word about a rock band on the internet during a work day.

Just makes no sense to me.  This is rock band.  I find it impossible to believe no one is living their life because of something a rock band does or does not do.  Its a just a way for you to change the subject.

You seem to live in the fantasy that everyone who whines about GN'R is a level headed unbiased individual who would want nothing more than GN'R to be the biggest band in the world today.... Just because someone posts a lot of garbage on the Internet doesn't mean they mean well.

Its not even about GNR, per se.  Its an overall mindset. 

Pick any topic in the world.  If all you can ever say is how everything is great, that's not real.  Its not logical.  If the closest you can bring yourself to say anything critical is "its not my place to say", that's weak.  At least you have a vested interest in going down that road with this band.  What are some of these other people's excuse? 

And I'm talking any subject.  Politics, religion, sports, artists.  You check your credibility at the door if you can't ever bring yourself to say some stuff is wrong.

Mike Tyson is my favorite athlete ever.  How seriously could anyone take me if I refused to talk about any of the bad stuff (which is obvious and plain as day), or lamely ducked those sorts of questions by saying its not my place to comment? 

No one should take such a person seriously.  You come off like a Kool-Aid drinker.  Or an overprotective mother with a blind spot about her darling boy.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2014, 03:46:30 PM »

Who said my opinion was informed?  If I had an informed opinion, I don't think I'd be posting on a fan forum to discuss the band and ask questions.  By your logic, why should your opinion be given any credibility?  Is it informed, or are you just "shooting in the dark and coloring it with your own biases"?

Only a fool goes looking for a rainstorm on a sunny day, it is great to be skeptical but when you verbalize it all the time and around the wrong audience you come off as negative and nitpicky.

You aren't impressing anyone with how analytical and supposedly insightful you pretend to be.

You can constantly complain about how roses have thorns or you can be glad that thorns have roses peace

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: