Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:13:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227785 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ALS - Ice Bucket Challenge - Axl Rose
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: ALS - Ice Bucket Challenge - Axl Rose  (Read 10007 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: August 25, 2014, 01:44:52 PM »

So, no one challenged the man yet?  Grin

johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 03:05:22 PM »

I actually did but knew it would never happen lol

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 03:32:58 AM »

Nobody would challenge Frank Sinatra either.

Or Leonard Cohen.

Read the unwritten rules on the walls of musiciconoclasm, man.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:49:28 AM by Rainfox » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 09:27:12 AM »

Shaun White challenged Axl yesterday i believe.
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 06:07:37 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4JNFztmUOM

Yep ! there it is.pretty funny too.C'mon Axl,your turn !
Who do you think he would challenge ?
I'm guessing Nicolas Cage,Sebastian Bach,Chris Pitman....Maybe Izzy  Grin

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 08:35:54 AM »

As far as I am concerned the whole thing is a joke. Donate too your charity!! Don't play games so you don't have to give. Besides I don't know if this is fact or not but I was just told that the ALS charity is another that is using it's fund poorly. You have too watch where you donate. A lot of charities use very little money for the actual cause. just saying. Believe me I love charities and give too several. Just know where your money is going.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 07:50:07 PM »

As far as I am concerned the whole thing is a joke. Donate too your charity!! Don't play games so you don't have to give. Besides I don't know if this is fact or not but I was just told that the ALS charity is another that is using it's fund poorly. You have too watch where you donate. A lot of charities use very little money for the actual cause. just saying. Believe me I love charities and give too several. Just know where your money is going.

You should stick with talking about GNR because you have no fucking clue about what your talking about regarding the ALS challenge or the foundation. You should probably take a grammar less or two, also.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 08:03:02 AM »

How about this for grammar. Fuck you! I have a right too my opinion! And it is a fact that most charities waste their funds! All I stated was find out where your money is actually going. And as I stated I give to several! And just so you know. I can't really afford too and still do.
Sorry Jarmo.

NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 07:03:31 PM »

How about this for grammar. Fuck you! I have a right too my opinion! And it is a fact that most charities waste their funds! All I stated was find out where your money is actually going. And as I stated I give to several! And just so you know. I can't really afford too and still do.
Sorry Jarmo.

Wow, real mature.
Actually let's break down what you said because you didn't just state "was find out where you money is going."
You stated a lot more.
And by the way, it is not "a fact that most charities waste their funds." I'd like to see where you got this information from. Oh yeah, you just made it up because you can't actually argue intelligently without telling someone to fuck off or by doing your own research.
But, I digress.

You initially called the ice bucket challenge "a joke." That's your opinion. Fair enough. I say it's wrong, and makes you look like a grade A a-hole, but that's your prerogative. The challenge in and of itself is about raising awareness and looking for ways to bump funding for an illness that doesn't get the same amount of attention as other matters.

Over the past few weeks, a number of celebrities (Motley Crue, Aerosmith, etc.) have taken part in it. The idea is that you either take the challenge or donate, or do both. Either way, you bring the matter to the forefront of attention.

But, it's a joke to you. That's cool.

You then call it the "ALS charity." Seriously, if you're going to sound like a tool, at least get the name right.

Like I said, stick to kissing the ass of your favorite band.

nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 08:08:10 PM »

So,can someone guess who Axl would challenge to whatever this new internet trend is ?  Smiley
If he ever participates is it.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 09:40:08 AM »

Heres a link too one list.

http://www.tampabay.com/americas-worst-charities/

I didn't post too start a fight. I posted let people know. peace out

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 09:52:45 PM »

The ALS Association isn't on that list, nor does 50 charities represent "most" - I'm sure you're trying to prove a point and genuinely want to inform people to be cautious with their money but you really did belittle a good cause. Stereotyping like that solves nothing. You can have your opinion but when it includes "I don't know if this is fact or not" don't be surprised if it's contradicted. Besides that a simple Google search shows that the ALS foundation has a pretty high rating as a charity (Charity Navigator and other sites) with over 70% of donations going to their destination (meaning that operational costs are not eating up the donations).

I understand being cynical but thinking that almost 100 million going to a charity helping patients of a serious disease is a "joke" is beyond asinine. The celebs are getting good press and people are donating. The celebs are chipping in cash too (Charlie Sheen did $10,000 I believe). Oh and Stephen Hawking gave it his seal of approval and posted a video of his family doing it. I guess the smartest guy on the planet who has the freaking disease doesn't know better though...

Really this is probably one of the most successful charity movements around. It's be nice to see one next year for AIDS or cancer or something. Keep the ball rolling.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 09:59:11 PM »

Wow, you really don't know what you're doing, do you?
Where is the ALS "charity" on here?
What you're basically doing is throwing out a top 50 list, which doesn't back your argument that "most charities waste their funds."
Hell, I can google a top 50 "best" list. I can find a top 50 worst rock band list and top 50 best rock band list.
What is the point of linking to a "worst charity" list.

And you did post to start a fight. You told me to fuck off. Real classy.
gnrfan1797
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 07:55:19 PM »

Where have you been. It's not opinion it's fact that 80% of the money is paid to employees. But that besides the point the wholw thread is about Axl doing it. Doubt he will but DJ's was cool.
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 08:03:13 PM »

Some people around here are just plain retarded. Not that is anything wrong about it.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 04:22:41 AM »

Wow give it up buddy. I never said it was on that list. That is just one I found. I wish I could find the list I had seen a while ago. That list actually told you right where all funds go. And many of them go too board members and and such. Once again!! I am not making light of ALS!! Or any charity for that matter!! You are reading what you want, not what I am saying. Again there are many charities I give too!!! I just think that whole ice bucket thing is a joke. Everyone on God's Green Earth is on Facebook and other media poring some little bucket of ice water over their head. Most of which are not GIVING too the charity. That is and was my point. Sorry if you didn't get it!! Wow beginning too think I am at a different board. Thanks for making me look like an ass. I love my charities and give whenever I can. My favorites are IRAM Wild Horse Sanctuary, Humane Soc. and St. Jude. As well as local charities like American Legion, Volunteer Fire departments and community clubs. 
 Once again Sorry Jarmo.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 10:52:08 AM »

You're a sweet person Amy and do a lot for charity.  I understood what you were saying and you're right this person has their own agenda.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 07:50:18 AM »

Thank you Cineater! I have to admit I was really upset Friday about this whole thread. I never intended on pissing anyone off. I love many charities and am not making light of any of them. Cineater actually knows me personally and very much knows the kind of person I am.
I never meant too tarnish Jarmo's board in anyway. I don't post here much but have been coming for years. And stop by almost everyday. I don't think I have ever had too defend myself here either. With that I am moving on. as I said a couple of posts ago.
peace out! peace

AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 12:20:06 PM »

So, no one challenged the man yet?  Grin

As cool as it would be to see Axl do this, it would be more interesting to see jarmo do this.

Extra ice please in jarmo's bucket Tongue.
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2014, 10:35:23 PM »

Dude, learn the difference between "to" and "too." It makes you sound like an idiot.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: