Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:34:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)  (Read 246000 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2014, 08:42:55 AM »

it is tough to take DJ's comments seriously, because he has said some things that turned out not to be true.

i think right now we are seeing the results of that.....this forum is dead. it's a ghost town. there is nothing that anyone in the band can say that will whet our appetites. we've heard this and other BS so many times before.

I took a few month break from coming here... I got tired of the same arguments over and over again... it's not that people don't care anymore, it's just like you said..how many times can we listen to DJ Ashba say the same shit... or how many interviews can we over analyze Ron's past tense quotes without him directly answering the question if hes in or out... he's probably gone. and others are probably gone too... but since nobody says anything... whats there to talk about?

if and when something happens...it'll pick up around here

btw.. i saw The Replacements play here in New York (the forest hills stadium is 5 minutes from my house) , was given a free ticket... was a real fun night

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2014, 09:10:55 AM »

this forum is dead. it's a ghost town.

I've been posting here regularly for about a year now.

And when I first got here, I went back as far as I could go to see how the site used to be during the wait, the release, etc.  Goes back about 10 years.  And you certainly get a different vibe and feel.  Seemed a lot more light and breezy.  Obviously, something changed along the way.  and with those changes, traffic took a nosedive and things got pretty testy.

And I don't know there is a bigger "what if" going in the GNR online community than if hell did indeed freeze over the same day pigs achieved flight and the band got back together.  How is that handled around here?  Does the entire site pull an immediate 180?  Is Slash no longer an asshole?  Do people come back here?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2014, 10:32:14 AM »

And I don't know there is a bigger "what if" going in the GNR online community than if hell did indeed freeze over the same day pigs achieved flight and the band got back together.  How is that handled around here?  Does the entire site pull an immediate 180? 

How would that be a 180 degree turn since that would still be... Guns N' Roses?!

I just don't get some of your hypothetical pondering. We didn't stop supporting GN'R when people quit, so IF, und das ist ein big if, that happened, it's not a 180!

And you know, I've seen the "they hate the old band" shit over the years. What a bunch of old bullshit that is.
Sure, some might get a kick out of belittling the old band's achievements. Just like some get a kick out of posting shit about GN'R on fan forums.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2014, 10:37:36 AM »

And I don't know there is a bigger "what if" going in the GNR online community than if hell did indeed freeze over the same day pigs achieved flight and the band got back together.  How is that handled around here?  Does the entire site pull an immediate 180? 

How would that be a 180 degree turn since that would still be... Guns N' Roses?!

Well, this is how you'd have to play it.  I don't see any other real viable option.

But in all candor, it would put you in a tough spot.  Some of your comments about Slash being your biggest problem.  Would you take the ball breaking in stride?  Not based on what I've seen.

However, I think the overall euphoria would probably carry the day over some of the pettier things like that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2014, 10:43:35 AM »

What comments?
That I don't agree with his book or how he's used GN'R to promote himself over the years? Yeah, it's been a PR campaign since he quit, I still don't agree with it.

If I don't agree with you saying things I don't agree with, the same must be true to other people as well. Don't you think?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2014, 10:49:17 AM »

All pointless speculation, really, because Axl would poke his own eyes out with a fork before he worked with Slash again.  Despite Eddie Trunk's "source".

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2014, 10:53:40 AM »

Still, people love to do it. I just don't get all the bullshit I've read though. I have my team, I support my team. Players have come and gone. I never stopped supporting my team.

The conclusions some come to are funny though.  hihi

Nothing like the good old Internet (thanks Al Gore). Where anybody can come up with a theory, share it and make others believe it must be the case!  hihi

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2014, 10:55:54 AM »

All pointless speculation, really, because Axl would poke his own eyes out with a fork before he worked with Slash again.  Despite Eddie Trunk's "source".

Before Slash comes back to GNR ...can we get some information about whether or not Ron Tommy and Frank are still in it....lol

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2014, 10:57:27 AM »

Still, people love to do it. I just don't get all the bullshit I've read though. I have my team, I support my team. Players have come and gone. I never stopped supporting my team.

The conclusions some come to are funny though.  hihi

Nothing like the good old Internet (thanks Al Gore). Where anybody can come up with a theory, share it and make others believe it must be the case!  hihi

/jarmo

If Axl leave you'll support your team, sure  rofl
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2014, 11:05:10 AM »

As I said, this is how you'd have to play it.  And frankly, on paper, it works.

But you would be facing all sort of charges about how you just get your marching orders from Axl and that's that.  You have spent the past few years really putting the new band over in terms of stability and how amazing they are.  If you dropped them like a bad habit and started showing love to Slash, you would hear some shit.  I can't see how you wouldn't.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2014, 11:10:42 AM »

But you would be facing all sort of charges about how you just get your marching orders from Axl and that's that.  You have spent the past few years really putting the new band over in terms of stability and how amazing they are.  If you dropped them like a bad habit and started showing love to Slash, you would hear some shit.  I can't see how you wouldn't.

Are you saying that's not true?
The band is amazing. They didn't change members as much as some claim they do. Those are facts and my opinion.

The 2006-7 shows I saw were amazing too. Doesn't mean I don't like Dj!

I know it's obvious, but you can't really argue with the fact that this band played more shows together than the two Use Your Illusion line ups combined...

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:13:58 AM by jarmo » Logged

w.david rose
Rocker

"I Believe In Israel"- W.AXL ROSE 13.06.06

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2014, 04:17:50 AM »

This line up is the best ever period.
The past is the past and it's been so long since anyone should have been move on.
The Guy that no longer in the band for almost 20 years and his "MANTRA" from day 1 in the band was to be in a famous Band and at the right spot and time - to leave and have his own career.
Then he woke up , regretted, jealous and gave hard time to the right team.

the most sick fan in the middle east
gnrfan1797
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2014, 09:29:56 AM »

The past is the past and it's been so long since anyone should have been move on.
The Guy that no longer in the band for almost 20 years and his "MANTRA" from day 1 in the band was to be in a famous Band and at the right spot and time - to leave and have his own career.

Nothing against this lineup because I personally like them. In terms of raw talent, this lineup is probably better then the old lineup, but you can't ignore the past and say the past is the past. If there wasn't the exact same 5 guys who made appetite then who's to say the album would have been the same or as successful. Would we even be here talking about gnr if things hadn't worked out the way they did. The foundation for what is today was built in the past. Gnr is my favorite band but you can't say this lineup is the best ever period.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2014, 09:32:24 AM »

I know it's obvious, but you can't really argue with the fact that this band played more shows together than the two Use Your Illusion line ups combined...

But what does this really mean?

Yes, numbers wise, absolutely.  That cannot be disputed.

Does anyone alive outside of these boards consider them Guns N' Roses though?  Nope.  The 2 guitarists in the band had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of ANY material.  Obviously not the classic stuff, but not even the "new" stuff.

So what practical application does that fact really have?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2014, 09:33:06 AM »

Nothing against this lineup because I personally like them. In terms of raw talent, this lineup is probably better then the old lineup, but you can't ignore the past and say the past is the past. If there wasn't the exact same 5 guys who made appetite then who's to say the album would have been the same or as successful. Would we even be here talking about gnr if things hadn't worked out the way they did. The foundation for what is today was built in the past. Gnr is my favorite band but you can't say this lineup is the best ever period.

Correctamundo.

w.david rose
Rocker

"I Believe In Israel"- W.AXL ROSE 13.06.06

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2014, 11:15:15 AM »

I'v got nothing again the past.
But at the time that people choose to leave the band and after few years regret that and start hurt the others that choose to stay - that's my problem.
And continue ofcourse to use the name of the Band and live by the shadow of that name for their career.
These days - no way that all original 5 members could create something or to be at the same room doing anything.
So many things has changed in each one of the original members and I'm sure that even chemistry wouldnt be there.
There is pure Magic in what we have today and after being there for these years , supporting the new band in any form I can (even when things got realy shitty for me in few unbelievble crazy situations that I keep for myself) I can say that I'm happy to see that line up, see those 8 Guys on stage rockin' the world and believing in what they are doing.
I know that Axl is happy too and the only thing that I pray is that we'll see the same lineup in 10 years from now at the same shape, moral and attitude.

the most sick fan in the middle east
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2014, 11:44:30 AM »

People lose me when they start comparing lineups.....

You like the current one the best.... that's great for you....

But whenever the inevitable next lineup starts playing Sweet Child O mine... they will say that's the best lineup ever too... it's amusing...

back to the main topic, I hope DJ Ashba is right for the first time ever, and Axl performs a lot of shows in 2015

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2014, 11:53:03 AM »

People lose me when they start comparing lineups.....

You like the current one the best.... that's great for you....

But whenever the inevitable next lineup starts playing Sweet Child O mine... they will say that's the best lineup ever too... it's amusing...

It comes off a bit try hard, to me.

I see no reason you can't like the current line-up just fine, but still say openly that its not the classic line-up and never will be.  Is that out of line?  I don't think so.

But some think it is.  So you can't just say you like the current line-up, it's THE BEST EVER!!!!

Come on now.

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2014, 12:04:13 PM »

This was a truly fascinating read! Thank you.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2014, 12:05:31 PM »

So what practical application does that fact really have?

I already answered that but here we go again: It's been proven that GN'R doesn't cancel shows and/or change line ups as often as the misinformed average "It's not Guns N' Roses" crowd likes us to believe.

If someone says something like "oh, another show. Who cares, they'll just cancel it like always", you can inform them about the above fact.
If someone tells you "It's just Axl and s whoever is in the band this week", you can kindly inform them that the band has been the same for a while, and since they didn't bother to find out the facts, and just repeat their bullshit, it makes them look ignorant.

There you go.
Now you can use the facts in a practical way.  ok

Glad I could help.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: