Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:59:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)  (Read 245997 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2014, 01:05:01 PM »

I already answered that but here we go again: It's been proven that GN'R doesn't cancel shows and/or change line ups as often as the misinformed average "It's not Guns N' Roses" crowd likes us to believe.

If someone says something like "oh, another show. Who cares, they'll just cancel it like always", you can inform them about the above fact.
If someone tells you "It's just Axl and s whoever is in the band this week", you can kindly inform them that the band has been the same for a while, and since they didn't bother to find out the facts, and just repeat their bullshit, it makes them look ignorant.

Hahahahaha.  Where the hell are you living?

No one alive outside these boards considers these guys GNR.  And even a lot of us on these boards basically consider them GNR in name only, if we are being truthful.

So when someone in real life tells one of us that this is not GNR, or that they will just cancel a show that supposed to come to town...you honestly think what you've just laid out for me is going to be some "gotcha!" moment.

They are going to suddenly see the error of their ways and see this as Guns N' Roses?  Forget 'Welcome To The Jungle', 'Paradise City' and Axl & Slash.  Guns N' Roses is Axl, DJ Ashba and 'Street Of Dreams'!  It so clear now that you have explained to me how many shows they played.  Thanks for setting me straight, good sir.

This seems like a real world scenario to you?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2014, 01:10:09 PM »

Seriously.

The issue isn't the name. The issue is what I said it was.
I'm sorry if you can't even understand that.

Nowhere did I claim to be able to turn anybody around. That's just you being your silly self.

Now go on and ridicule the facts once again....  Kiss

Any credit you can give to the band, anything they've achieved since the old band disbanded in the 1990s, can be met with "But, but... It's not Guns N' Roses!". Really? I do find that amusing.

Example:
Guns N' Roses toured the world from December 2009 until June 2014 playing over 200 shows.
But it's not GN'R!

So they didn't play those shows? It didn't happen? hihi
That's a joke by the way. Not to be taken seriously. Everybody can see the absurdity of that I'm sure....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 06:31:02 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2014, 01:25:55 PM »

jarmo, you are deeper in denial than even your worst detractor has thought if you truly believe that load of crap.

Bottom line is that the general public does not give a flying fuck how stable the line-up is, or how many shows they have played in the past 5 years.

The general public doesn't give a good god damn, and the overwhelming (as in 90% or more) of people that have bought tickets to the shows the past 14 years did so because they were fans of the original line-up.  And since they are not around anymore, they take the closest thing that they can get and make the best of it.

In truth, I think you see that.  You'll just never admit it publically because you are too dug in.  You have your reasons.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2014, 01:45:07 PM »

Ok, simple question: Believe what?

Because I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall here.

All I said was that any time you come across somebody telling you some bullshit excuse why the band sucks, there's facts you can enlighten them with. It doesn't matter if they care about it or not. It's not the issue. It's just ignorance. Who's trying to convert ignorant idiots? Not me.

But it's kinda funny when all someone can say is "I don't care, it's still not GN'R" to a fact!
You gotta laugh at that kind of shit. I do.

Apparently this way of thinking makes me to be in denial. hihi

Anyhow, I'm not in denial about the fact that once again this has turned into a Dead Horse topic.... Yay!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 01:55:35 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2014, 01:52:48 PM »

That anything you are telling me here this afternoon would resonate with anyone in any meaningful way.

Like this bit here :

If someone says something like "oh, another show. Who cares, they'll just cancel it like always", you can inform them about the above fact.
If someone tells you "It's just Axl and s whoever is in the band this week", you can kindly inform them that the band has been the same for a while, and since they didn't bother to find out the facts, and just repeat their bullshit, it makes them look ignorant.

No one alive outside these boards would see any of that as ignorant. Yes, yes, even after being hit with your little list of facts to set them straight.

Any sort of labeling them as ignorant to begin with, or feeling some sense of smug satisfaction after correcting the record, exists only in your head.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 01:54:39 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2014, 01:54:40 PM »

That anything you are telling me here this afternoon would resonate with anyone in any meaningful way.

Like this bit here :

No one alive outside these boards would see any of that as ignorant. Yes, yes, even after being hit with your little list of facts to set them straight.

Results matter, and, at the end of the day, the only thing the current line-up has given us is playing the songs of the past, be it AFD, UYI or CD.  This line-up, the most stable line-up in Guns? history, has produced nothing?and that?s why they are not looked at seriously by the general public as Guns n Roses.  It?s been the longest running line-up yet they have nothing to show for it.

Now, I have seen the current line-up (multiple times) and have had a good time at every show.  That doesn?t change the fact that they haven?t produced anything.  I?ve said it before but if they want the public to look at them as something other than living off the fruits of others, they need to give them a reason (i.e. release new music).  I?m sure there?s a Guns n Roses Tribute band out there that?s played more shows (by shows I mean bars and county fairs) than the current line-up, but we don?t consider them to be the real Guns n Roses, because all they?re doing is playing songs created by others.  I realize this isn?t the best comparison but I hope you get my point.

And please don?t start with the ?well the UYI Tour had non-original members, isn?t that the same thing? argument.  During that tour, the core (Axl, Slash and Duff) was still intact.  It?s an apples to oranges comparison. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2014, 01:59:12 PM »

Any sort of labeling them as ignorant to begin with, or feeling some sense of smug satisfaction after correcting the record, exists only in your head.

Maybe we have different ideas of what ignorant means. Because to me it's ignorant to keep repeating some lie just because it fits your own beliefs.

And you know, I don't expect you to get any of this. Your track record of ""objectivity" isn't exactly perfect.... Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2014, 02:06:56 PM »

Results matter, and, at the end of the day, the only thing the current line-up has given us is playing the songs of the past, be it AFD, UYI or CD.  This line-up, the most stable line-up in Guns? history, has produced nothing?and that?s why they are not looked at seriously by the general public as Guns n Roses.  It?s been the longest running line-up yet they have nothing to show for it.

They really don't, which is a shame.  Most people could not even tell you one new song, unless they took a shot with the album's title track.

Axl never once really went out and put these guys over.  "Hey, here is our new band.  They are really great.  Come check us out."

What little promotion there was got bogged down in railing against Slash and the evil record company.  How much better would it have been to shrug off those questions and say that you are here to talk about the new band which you are really excited about?  Make people want to see your new band.   

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2014, 02:11:01 PM »

Maybe we have different ideas of what ignorant means. Because to me it's ignorant to keep repeating some lie just because it fits your own beliefs.

And you know, I don't expect you to get any of this. Your track record of ""objectivity" isn't exactly perfect.... Smiley

I should really follow you lead on the concept, because you just ooze it out of every pore.  You are quite the fair arbiter, much of the time.

If you think any of this nonsense you have peddled here today accomplishes something...hey, salud.  You go on thinking that you've got vision and the rest of the world wears bi-focals.  It's your dime.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2014, 02:20:24 PM »

A few weeks after I started this site almost 18 years ago, it was announced that Slash had quit. For many people that meant GN'R ended. I didn't close my site, I didn't share that opinion.

So, why the hell would I pay attention to what "the rest of the world" thinks of GN'R now? I can only tell them the facts.

You call that being in denial.  hihi

I'm in denial but all the fans who have failed to see one tiny detail in this picture we call Guns N' Roses aren't? They spend year after year whining about whatever is bothering them, and yet one simple fact has just alluded them all this time. If they'd just realize that Axl does what Axl wants. Imagine that...  Smiley

For the record, I'm not expecting or seriously thinking that could happen to even one person on this planet. Don't worry!

If there's one thing I'm not in denial about it's the stupidity of people. Cheesy

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 02:33:22 PM by jarmo » Logged

The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2014, 09:10:11 PM »

I'm gonna chime in..

Your unconditional support jarmo is understandable.

I agree mostly with D-gen X however.

The whole "The band doesn't owe you shit"  is incorrect in my view. Telling everyone there is albums worth of new material and then touring for years and not seeing 1 track is bullshit. Hard core fans go to the shows hoping to hear a new track(s), show after show nothing. year after year nothing. Another interview about heaps of songs. Following them around spending cash on them for what ? To hear the music that 5 guys created 20 years ago mostly. Yes there are 3-4 songs from Chinese Democracy I know..but expecting fans not to feel owed and pissed is an arraogant view.
Its the biggest waste of talent in rock history and i'm suprised it hasn't fallen apart yet - they must be making a killing !

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2014, 09:39:18 PM »

The media and general public are hard on this new version of GnR. I mean AC/DC has like 1 or 2 original members left just like GNR but you don't hear people refering to AD/DC as "Angus and Friends" I enjoy the new band and I enjoy the old lineup. I even enjoy Slash's work post GNR up until his last two records. I hope Guns can put out new music soon. I love all their stuff. I don't care how big Guns are or will be. They can play small venues and I'm happy with that. Let the general public bash Axl. They are still showing up at his concerts and downloading his music, even though they bash him. Haha
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2014, 03:27:26 AM »

D-Generation...

Pink Floyd is coming out with a new album. Roger Waters has made a disclaimer, that he is no longer in the band (to clear confusion probably).

Will people flock out if they tour? Most likely.

Because it's the "closest" thing to the old band? A good case could be made.

But..

Will people also flock out because they want to hear Gilmour's guitar playing? Most likely.

And the songs off of Momentary Lapse and Division Bell.. and maybe even some of the new one? A good case could be made.

Key word: also.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2014, 08:44:40 AM »

The media and general public are hard on this new version of GnR. I mean AC/DC has like 1 or 2 original members left just like GNR but you don't hear people refering to AD/DC as "Angus and Friends" I enjoy the new band and I enjoy the old lineup. I even enjoy Slash's work post GNR up until his last two records. I hope Guns can put out new music soon. I love all their stuff. I don't care how big Guns are or will be. They can play small venues and I'm happy with that. Let the general public bash Axl. They are still showing up at his concerts and downloading his music, even though they bash him. Haha

You can't really compare the two bands... Brian, Angus and Malcom have been three main stays for what 40 years? how many albums and tours?

comparing that to Axl's situation post Slash and Duff.... there is no comparison ...

plus the original singer died.... nobody died here....

and if Axl spent the last 20 years recording and touring with matt izzy and Duff and solds lots of records... it would be looked upon very differently, but the ENTIRE lineup changed not just one or two parts spread over time like in some other bands
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:51:04 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2014, 09:04:20 AM »

That's because you're rationalizing it. That makes sense to you.
For some it seems like passing on is the only "approved" way to not be in a band anymore. Makes no sense to me personally.

It's fine that Queen tours without Freddie, but not without John Deacon?
The Stones could tour without Brian Jones, but not without Bill Wyman?

And so on...

No. Sorry, doesn't make sense to me.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2014, 09:12:36 AM »

That's because you're rationalizing it. That makes sense to you.
For some it seems like passing on is the only "approved" way to not be in a band anymore. Makes no sense to me personally.

It's fine that Queen tours without Freddie, but not without John Deacon?
The Stones could tour without Brian Jones, but not without Bill Wyman?

And so on...

No. Sorry, doesn't make sense to me.

/jarmo

I'm the one rationalizing?  That is so very rich... its what makes sense to me. Queen without Freddie mercury is not Queen, Pink Floyd without Waters is not Pink Floyd, GNR without Slash Izzy Duff is not GNR. The Stones without Bill Wyman is still the Stones... They have produced so much after his departure

AC DC has had two amazing runs with different singers.. So has Van Halen

I still love seeing Axl play... but I don't have any illusions (pun intended) on what it is... If Axl and the GNR name have produced more than one record post them leaving it would be different, but they simply havent...

You are right though... it is my opinion , and I don't think my opinion is worth more than the next guy's, and neither is urs..
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:22:34 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2014, 10:23:29 AM »

and if Axl spent the last 20 years recording and touring with matt izzy and Duff and solds lots of records... it would be looked upon very differently, but the ENTIRE lineup changed not just one or two parts spread over time like in some other bands

Correct.

And Brian Johnson is actually able to talk about the band he is in.  Do our guys?  Not really.  Just about every interview gives the vibe they don't know what's going on, are forbidden to say either way, or both.

And no, I am not saying they say that specifically.  I'm talking about how it comes across.  The next interview you read with anyone other than Axl that actually has anything interesting to say about the supposed band they are in will be the first.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2014, 10:29:20 AM »

D-Generation...

Pink Floyd is coming out with a new album. Roger Waters has made a disclaimer, that he is no longer in the band (to clear confusion probably).

Will people flock out if they tour? Most likely.

Because it's the "closest" thing to the old band? A good case could be made.

But..

Will people also flock out because they want to hear Gilmour's guitar playing? Most likely.

And the songs off of Momentary Lapse and Division Bell.. and maybe even some of the new one? A good case could be made.

Key word: also.

Is your argument here that people are buying tickets because they just have to get themselves some DJ Ashba or Ron Thal?  What sort of numbers would you put on that?  I would put them in the extreme minority.

Look, this is an inconvenient truth, but a truth nonetheless.  You could replace every single person on that stage other than Axl Rose and really not miss a beat.  This is borne out because not one defection over the past 15 years has had any impact. 

Bucket's gone?  No shit.  Who's in his place?  Some guy named Bumblefoot?  OK, whatever.

Brain left?  Really?  So who is the new drummer?  Frank Ferrer?  Never heard of him.  But, so be it.

Axl has never given fans a reason to get attached to any of these guys.  So when they leave, its shoulder shrug city.  So long as the next guy can can play the old songs, life goes on.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2014, 10:37:49 AM »

I'm the one rationalizing?  That is so very rich... its what makes sense to me. Queen without Freddie mercury is not Queen, Pink Floyd without Waters is not Pink Floyd, GNR without Slash Izzy Duff is not GNR. The Stones without Bill Wyman is still the Stones... They have produced so much after his departure

So the key is produced?
So KISS is still KISS because they've produced so many records since the original band broke up?

I think you're trying to explain your opinion when in reality it's solely based on feelings/emotions. People get emotionally attached to a band and when that band changes, they tell themselves it's gonna be ok, or not.
Some accept the changes, some won't. True for all bands. Some try to "justify" the change with "but this other line up was popular too" and so on. Still, the fact remains, the line up changed. For whatever reason. In my opinion, that doesn't really matter. It happens. People chose to go their separate ways in all kinds of situations, not just in bands, it's life.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2014, 10:50:12 AM »

So the key is produced?
So KISS is still KISS because they've produced so many records since the original band broke up?

I think you're trying to explain your opinion when in reality it's solely based on feelings/emotions. People get emotionally attached to a band and when that band changes, they tell themselves it's gonna be ok, or not.
Some accept the changes, some won't. True for all bands. Some try to "justify" the change with "but this other line up was popular too" and so on. Still, the fact remains, the line up changed. For whatever reason. In my opinion, that doesn't really matter. It happens. People chose to go their separate ways in all kinds of situations, not just in bands, it's life.

/jarmo

I really don't know enough about KISS to really answer that other than I know ACE and the drummer left a long time ago etc

It's really very simple...IF GNR had put out anything with the same kind of IMPACT that they did prior to Slash, Izzy and Duff leaving, then it would be a different story.

They have not... so comparing lineups which I believe is how this all started is really pointless , and other bands who have replaced singers and other significant members is just very different to GNR's situation in my opinion. Even Axl said at the VMA's....how do you replace EVERY SINGLE THING ?

It's not a different lineup...it's a different band... and this different band has not given us one record...and even those guys are 8 years gone...but how many times have we done this?

I am accepting of what it is... I'm just explaining the thought process behind the people who aren't

And again... It is my opinion based on how I feel... same goes for anybody here... there is no way to quantify it.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: