Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:28:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)  (Read 243408 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 01:14:09 PM »

With each passing year there is no movement on anything new, your only domestic tours are residencies in the same city with setlists containing fewer "new" songs, the argument this is a serious band looking to do new things grows weaker.  Like it, don't like it, learn to love it.

And this is bad because?

Its only "bad" if you can't bring yourself to say it out loud.

This would all be out the window if they played even one new song.  Both the 2002 and 2006 tours had this and provided hope for the future.  2009-10, 2012, 2014...nada.

2008: This song is old, we heard it at Rock In Rio in 2001 already.

Sound familiar? No? See, there's more sides to this than only yours.

I did not expect any honest to god new songs to be played in 2009-2011.  And I doubt anyone else did either.  They just released an album of 14 new songs.

2012?  I think it would have helped.  2014?  Absolutely should have happened.  All the more so when you constantly assure us you have all these new songs supposedly done.  If even one new song was played, it would have dominated the conversation.  Which means less time to pick apart other things.

Just a "hey, here's a new one" like we got in 2002 and 2006.  Anyone that ever told me during that time that Axl would never be back with anything, I could play them 'Madagascar', 'Better' or 'IRS'.

People that tell me that now?  I have no counterargument.

I talk about what's going on.  Its hardly my fault I'm given so little to work with.  My sig isn't what it is by accident.

Well, you have a funny way of ignoring certain things that do go on.....

What, the latest movie theater announcement?  How excited am I really supposed to get?

I have put Axl's interview over as a tremendous thing time and again, including in this very thread.

You don't like mine because it puts what you think about the band in a bad light.  This is not a new development.  So you (try, anyway) to change the subject.

I don't like it because it makes no fucking sense and lacks something I value, common sense. Sorry.

Your idea of common sense is: You recorded something you release it when I want it.
My idea of common sense is: You're the artist, you do what you think is right. Integrity is kinda important.

Your idea of common sense is never step out of line.

My idea of common sense is an honest assessment of any given situation.

Under your rationale, I should believe in the loch ness monster.  Hey, it could be there.  We don't know.  If I don't like it, I should go follow some other sea monster.

I talk about what's in front of me.  Again, not my fault that there's not much there.  Also not my fault I don't feel some sort of supposed guilt in pointing it out.

Don't you ever get tired of feeling this way? It's been the same since, what, 2008? Must be fun! Smiley

Like I said, I talk about what's there.

When he knocks 'Prostitute' out of the park, I talk about how awesome it was.  When he sounds horrendous, I talk about that too. 

Touring band is not the negative entity you try to make it out to be!
Seriously. Touring means active, touring mean there's interest in seeing the band, there's a demand.

How do you feel about that?

I never begrudge anyone making a living.  You have never heard me use the term "cash grab", for example.  Bands tour.  That's the job.

Certain "fans" kept saying, they can't tour South America again. Nobody's going. What happened? They extended the tour. Yet, that is something bad, It's horrible that there's fans who want to see their favorite band live.

If good for fans in Bolivia when they play Bolivia.  But that's a rather concentrated impact, no?

The answer to "how come this band can't get their shit together and release a new album" is never, ever, ever, EVER "but they just played Bolivia!!"

Next time you wanna bring up this "touring band" shit, think back to 1995 or 2003.... or 2005? You pick. "Exciting" times when you didn't have to worry about the band being a "touring band"!

During those years, I wasn't even sure I had a band to follow anymore.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 01:46:01 PM »

What should not be lost here, is the point that "extensive touring" could well be in support of a new album.

We probably won't get another extensive domestic tour without one.  So if that's in the plans, I do feel that suggests a new album before it.  Which would be great.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2014, 01:47:54 PM »

And this is bad because?

Its only "bad" if you can't bring yourself to say it out loud.

No, explain it.
Don't twist and turn. What's so bad about an active band?

2012?  I think it would have helped.  2014?  Absolutely should have happened.  All the more so when you constantly assure us you have all these new songs supposedly done.  If even one new song was played, it would have dominated the conversation.  Which means less time to pick apart other things.

Yet again. That makes sense to you.

Just a "hey, here's a new one" like we got in 2002 and 2006.  Anyone that ever told me during that time that Axl would never be back with anything, I could play them 'Madagascar', 'Better' or 'IRS'.

Who are these people? The same ones that told you the album was never coming out?

What, the latest movie theater announcement?  How excited am I really supposed to get?

No, the breakfast Tweet.

Did you get your Blu-ray? Enjoying the release from the touring band?

I have put Axl's interview over as a tremendous thing time and again, including in this very thread.

Great!

Honest, only according to yourself. 

Under your rationale, I should believe in the loch ness monster.  Hey, it could be there.  We don't know.  If I don't like it, I should go follow some other sea monster.

Under your rationale, countries you didn't visit don't exist. Somebody told you they exist, but you can't be sure. I mean, people told you the same thing years ago but you still didn't see those countries yourself.....

I never begrudge anyone making a living.  You have never heard me use the term "cash grab", for example.  Bands tour.  That's the job.

So once again, why's that such an issue for you that you need to bring it up?
I mean, I thought you of all people would be ecstatic! The band plays shows instead of canceling and causing riots.

The answer to "how come this band can't get their shit together and release a new album" is never, ever, ever, EVER "but they just played Bolivia!!"

The answer to all your questions are: The band does what they want. Once you let go of that huge chip on your shoulder about thinking you know what they should do and when, the better. Smiley
Go with the flow.

During those years, I wasn't even sure I had a band to follow anymore.

Happy times?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2014, 02:36:11 PM »

Well, we don't have one, so I'll assume we are talking about some other band?  Still, I'll play along.

A band that tours the same handful of spots is great for the people that live in those handful of spots.  Its doesn't do much for the big picture.  To paraphrase my last post, "how come there is no progress on any new material" is not countered with "they just did a 3rd residency in Vegas, you fucking ingrate."

The two are unconnected.  Swell if you live in Vegas.  Zero to do with why there is nothing new.

Yet again. That makes sense to you.

It makes sense to anyone that gets their panties in a twist over criticism.  A category I would most CERTAINLY put you squarely in.

What's amazing to me is that I pretty much share your desire things might be more positive amongst this fanbase.  We just differ on how to combat that.

I tend to look at things as how one might head off that sort of talk.  Not just hope everyone just starts being super nice about it all, because that is our duty as fans.

Who are these people? The same ones that told you the album was never coming out?

Anyone.

I wear a GNR hat almost everywhere I go.  People ask me about them.  Axl hasn't given me much to work with these past few years.

This may come as a great shock to you, but most people have no earthly fucking idea what the "Golden Gods" are.  So me regaling them about the story of Axl getting some random award in an empty warehouse on VH-1 in the middle of the night is not exactly a game changer.

No, the breakfast Tweet.

I'd put them on equal footing.

Did you get your Blu-ray? Enjoying the release from the touring band?

Probably going to get if for Christmas.  If contained an audio version, I'd have pre-ordered it.

Great!

Isn't it?

I'm never going to not say something is positive when it is.  I'm just not going to try and sell a shit sandwich as filet mignon. 

Honest, only according to yourself.

No, logic.

If a politician's policies are not helping the country, I don't tell him he's doing a bang up job.  If a football teams goes 3-13, I don't tell them they are really on the right track.

Common sense. 

But, to hear you talk, so long as I was a fan of the politician or the sports team going into the campaign, I should check my brain at the door and clap like a fucking seal even as things are going poorly. 

That should not make sense to anyone. 

You hope a struggling campaign gets back on track.  You root for it to happen.  But that doesn't mean you just pretend that's the case when its not.

Under your rationale, countries you didn't visit don't exist. Somebody told you they exist, but you can't be sure. I mean, people told you the same thing years ago but you still didn't see those countries yourself.....

Well, if those countries spend several years telling me they exist, yet they could never be located on any map or seen by anyone else...yeah, I'd probably question their veracity.

So once again, why's that such an issue for you that you need to bring it up?
I mean, I thought you of all people would be ecstatic! The band plays shows instead of canceling and causing riots.

I don't.  You asked.  I answered.

The answer to all your questions are: The band does what they want. Once you let go of that huge chip on your shoulder about thinking you know what they should do and when, the better. Smiley

And the answers you give are to unrelated questions because it avoids having to say anything negative.  You have your reasons.  I do not share those motivations.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 02:38:05 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2014, 02:58:12 PM »

Well, we don't have one, so I'll assume we are talking about some other band?  Still, I'll play along.

A band that tours the same handful of spots is great for the people that live in those handful of spots.  Its doesn't do much for the big picture.  To paraphrase my last post, "how come there is no progress on any new material" is not countered with "they just did a 3rd residency in Vegas, you fucking ingrate."

The two are unconnected.  Swell if you live in Vegas.  Zero to do with why there is nothing new.

The whole idea of the Las Vegas residency was not to play for fans in Las Vegas only.
I met a lot of fans who had flown in from all over the world. More so than many other shows.

For the big picture it does quite a lot to have a band touring.

It makes sense to anyone that gets their panties in a twist over criticism.

Criticism or whining?

Not just hope everyone just starts being super nice about it all, because that is our duty as fans.

What is your "duty" as a fan?

"I want them to succeed so my way of achieving it is to constantly post on the Internet about things I don't like!"?

I wear a GNR hat almost everywhere I go.  People ask me about them.  Axl hasn't given me much to work with these past few years.

Do you tell them "They just played here on the East Coast in May and headlined Governors Ball in NYC in 2013. You didn't go?"?

This may come as a great shock to you, but most people have no earthly fucking idea what the "Golden Gods" are.  So me regaling them about the story of Axl getting some random award in an empty warehouse on VH-1 in the middle of the night is not exactly a game changer.

See above.

You seem kinda selective about what you choose to "inform" your curious friends about.

If a politician's policies are not helping the country, I don't tell him he's doing a bang up job.  If a football teams goes 3-13, I don't tell them they are really on the right track.

Common sense. 

And for me the common sense part is to get an idea before making statement like that. Smiley

Maybe there's a bigger picture. Maybe the team lost because of injuries. Maybe there's more to life than complaining about your alleged favorite band....

Well, if those countries spend several years telling me they exist, yet they could never be located on any map or seen by anyone else...yeah, I'd probably question their veracity.

Other people went there.
It's like Columbus going back to Europe and telling them about America. No way! There's a country there! I don't believe you!

You forgot the part about people in the band saying things exist.  Cheesy
Yet you don't believe it.

It's nowhere near the Loch Ness monster. Sorry....
It's not even Bigfoot territory.

And the answers you give are to unrelated questions because it avoids having to say anything negative.  You have your reasons.  I do not share those motivations.

Yes, it's obvious.
I'm a GN'R fan, still after all this time. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2014, 03:10:01 PM »

What is your "duty" as a fan?

"I want them to succeed so my way of achieving it is to constantly post on the Internet about things I don't like!"?

I don't believe they have a duty.  That's more your racket.

You're never going to see me telling a fan with a legit gripe they got some fucking nerve and a start referring to them as a "fan" in quotes.  Fan and blind loyalist are not the same thing.

And, just to get out in front of your predictable response, I also don't see a whole lot of credibility in always having some rationalization that no gripe is ever legit.  Not credible.  Not real world.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2014, 04:57:01 PM »

The only "duty" I can think of as a fan of anything is that you actually like what you're a fan of. If everything is wrong, what's the point?

If as a fan you can't enjoy an active band touring, what exactly are you a fan of? The band playing the songs you love live in concert, you're against that idea? I assumed fans would actually enjoy hearing their favorite band playing the songs they love live in concert. Why's that such an fascination of constant whining among some fans?

Oh, because you want a new record. Yeah, so the next guy doesn't? How do you figure? Just because some of you whine more about it than others doesn't mean you want a new record more. No way. Don't fool yourselves.

There's nothing in what you ever said that says you want the new GN'R album more than somebody else. I bet nobody here, or who attended any shows in 2014, doesn't want the new album as much as you.

So, all of us want a new album ASAP. But we don't go on and on about it. We saw how much that helped between 1993 and 2008.
Your excuse is that you're bored at work. Ever heard of Angry Birds?

Sorry for the long post. I just don't get why you need to go on and on about the same things over and over. Like I said "I'm bored at work" doesn't make sense to me. Get some apps! Get a book. There's lot of ways you can kill some time at work without being productive.  ok

/jarmo

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 05:31:44 PM »

The only "duty" I can think of as a fan of anything is that you actually like what you're a fan of. If everything is wrong, what's the point?

If as a fan you can't enjoy an active band touring, what exactly are you a fan of? The band playing the songs you love live in concert, you're against that idea? I assumed fans would actually enjoy hearing their favorite band playing the songs they love live in concert. Why's that such an fascination of constant whining among some fans?

Oh, because you want a new record. Yeah, so the next guy doesn't? How do you figure? Just because some of you whine more about it than others doesn't mean you want a new record more. No way. Don't fool yourselves.

There's nothing in what you ever said that says you want the new GN'R album more than somebody else. I bet nobody here, or who attended any shows in 2014, doesn't want the new album as much as you.

So, all of us want a new album ASAP. But we don't go on and on about it. We saw how much that helped between 1993 and 2008.
Your excuse is that you're bored at work. Ever heard of Angry Birds?

Sorry for the long post. I just don't get why you need to go on and on about the same things over and over. Like I said "I'm bored at work" doesn't make sense to me. Get some apps! Get a book. There's lot of ways you can kill some time at work without being productive.  ok

/jarmo

Jarmo, if D-GenerationX stopped posting here you'd have no board anymore.  It seems like the inactivity on this message board is a direct reflection of the general interest in GNR at this point.  The constant false statements from various band members about new material and switching up the set list are laughable.  Even worse than 'hating' GNR, I just don't care about them anymore.  For the first time ever I skipped when GNR came to NYC to play Brooklyn Bowl and Randall's Island in 2013.  And I am glad I saved that money as they played the same set list yet again. 

It's Axl's life and what he does with it is up to him.  I don't lose any sleep over Axl Rose's inactivity.  I do check up on what he is doing because I'd love to hear about new music that he is writing (or releasing preferably).  I will continue checking MYGNR and this place (in that order) to see what Axl is up to and if new music is ever announced I will look forward to it, but I am not expecting anything anytime soon and I am ok with it. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 05:43:45 PM »

Sorry but the site's existed before he started posting....
I'm flattered that he craves my attention so much that he spends all this time posting, just hoping to catch my attention. Wink

At least you don't spend every day complaining about there not being this and that.
Still, I don't get "they played the same setlist" thing. How many times have we listened to the GN'R albums? Why do we keep listening to the same albums and songs over and over?

Ok, I get it if it's a money issue. Or scheduling.

By the way, the Brooklyn Bowl show wasn't the same setlist as Gov Ball. Wink
And even if the setlist was exactly the same. The intimate venue in Brooklyn versus the muddy festival ground with tens of thousands of people? Different thing... Sorry you missed out. Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:29:52 PM by jarmo » Logged

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2014, 07:01:56 PM »

Let's just hope they tour again 2015. Who doesn't have a good time at a GNR concert?!

Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2014, 07:05:34 PM »

Someone who wanna have a new album is not a "real fan"? I never laughed so hard.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2014, 07:36:28 PM »

First thing in them morning, I answered 4 posts.  Posted 4 responses in a row, 4 different people.

4 directions today could have gone.  This was the one that got picked.

Who picked it that direction?  You.  Was it because the 4th of 4 was an answer to *your* post?  Dunno.

But in the midst of it, I post this :

What should not be lost here, is the point that "extensive touring" could well be in support of a new album.

We probably won't get another extensive domestic tour without one.  So if that's in the plans, I do feel that suggests a new album before it.  Which would be great.

On topic.  Positive. 

Was it picked up by you?  Nope.

So let's cut the shit.  You ain't exactly hating these conversations.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2014, 08:41:29 PM »

Someone who wanna have a new album is not a "real fan"? I never laughed so hard.

If that's what you think, then it's funny.
Also, if you think somebody who enjoys an active band touring isn't a real fan as much as someone who spends free time whining about not having an album, that's even funnier.

On topic.  Positive. 

Was it picked up by you?  Nope.

I see. Your idea of positive is to put down 99% of what's been happening since Chinese came out and assume that the next tour will be in support of the new album.
Got it.  Wink

That is very fucking positive.
You're right!

Good job on the positivity there. That's the spirit (never mind the fact that you assume the thing you want the most is the catalyst for this planned tour)! 
Keep it up. Smiley

/jarmo

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2014, 11:07:43 PM »

If you want to hear new music listen to the jam they do right before going into Patience on the appetite for democracy movie, bet you that is some unreleased future song !!!

johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2014, 11:08:34 PM »

Just give me the Ax man in nyc! We need you here in the real Jungle!

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2014, 12:23:41 AM »

Sorry but the site's existed before he started posting....
I'm flattered that he craves my attention so much that he spends all this time posting, just hoping to catch my attention. Wink

At least you don't spend every day complaining about there not being this and that.
Still, I don't get "they played the same setlist" thing. How many times have we listened to the GN'R albums? Why do we keep listening to the same albums and songs over and over?

Ok, I get it if it's a money issue. Or scheduling.

By the way, the Brooklyn Bowl show wasn't the same setlist as Gov Ball. Wink
And even if the setlist was exactly the same. The intimate venue in Brooklyn versus the muddy festival ground with tens of thousands of people? Different thing... Sorry you missed out. Smiley

/jarmo

Jarmo I used to say that you had the best GNR site on the internet.  I used to love coming here to read the 'latest news' section on the main page.  Not that you'd remember, but I even contributed some items to that news section way back in the early to mid 2000's.  Then you stopped reporting news on ex GNR members and the site became dedicated only to (positive) news on the most current incarnation of GNR and its members.  It was at that point that this place started going downhill and now here we are.  Sorry, but this site can never be what it once was.  I know that social media has hurt forums like HTGTH, but there are others that are doing pretty well considering. 

And don't worry about me missing the Brooklyn Bowl show.  I had the money (and still do) to go, but I knew it would be more of the same.  I had already seen the Roseland, Terminal 5, and Ritz shows.  'Surprise shows' like the Brooklyn Bowl are the perfect opportunity for bands to show thanks to their core fans who make every effort to attend by playing the rarities.  GNR did not do that and I am sure never will.  If they swing through this area again I doubt I'd buy a ticket, big show or small. 
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2014, 06:58:41 AM »

Maybe you don't wanna spend the money unless you know it'll be worth the investment and not just throwing the money away?
/jarmo

Is it artistic integrity that keeps Axl Rose from putting out new music, or are his motivations financial (as Jarmo alluded to above)?
We will let the readers of this board decide for themselves.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2014, 07:49:01 AM »

it is tough to take DJ's comments seriously, because he has said some things that turned out not to be true.

i think right now we are seeing the results of that.....this forum is dead. it's a ghost town. there is nothing that anyone in the band can say that will whet our appetites. we've heard this and other BS so many times before.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2014, 08:02:49 AM »

Maybe you don't wanna spend the money unless you know it'll be worth the investment and not just throwing the money away?
/jarmo

Is it artistic integrity that keeps Axl Rose from putting out new music, or are his motivations financial (as Jarmo alluded to above)?

I didn't allude to that. Just played along with someone's analogy.

I think most people experience different things through their life. Hopefully learning something from it.
Now I personally wouldn't be shocked if Axl never wants to experience that he had with Chinese Democracy again. Would you?

The ned product was amazing. But reading his interviews describing the experience, it just doesn't seem that nice of a journey.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:27:08 AM by jarmo » Logged

sandman
Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2014, 08:32:23 AM »

/jarmo

I didn't allude to that. Just played along with someone's analogy.

I think most people experience different things through their life. Hopefully learning something from it.
Now I personally wouldn't be shocked if Axl never wants to experience that he did with Chinese Democracy again. Would you?

/jarmo

i'm not sure...
When asked by Jimmy Kimmel which year of his life was so good, he would do it again, the singer said, "Sometime in the past five or six years."

that interview was in Oct 2012, so the period of Oct 2006 through Oct 2012 were the best years of his life.

i'm sure he went through some BS getting that record out, but it must not have been that bad. dealing with BS.....AKA life. and the payoff (getting an album released that millions of fans were dying for) i'm sure is well worth it.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: