Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:30:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)  (Read 245921 times)
mortismurphy
« Reply #580 on: October 17, 2014, 04:38:15 PM »

I merely paraphrased a statement which demonstrates that Team Brazil are not doing a much better job - or certainly have made one or two 'media errors'. My post was relevant to the prior point in other words.

I feel sorry for you if you can't see the difference between making statements to the media and posting a comment aimed at one individual on your personal instagram account.

Not everything people in the band or working for the band say is a band or management statement. Now, move on.

/jarmo

It was aimed at someone, I think, criticising the setlist, but regardless, why delete it? We could merely be having this discussion as we are doing now in a civil manner. It was fairly innocuous stuff.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #581 on: October 17, 2014, 04:57:35 PM »

Because it looks bad.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #582 on: October 17, 2014, 05:40:26 PM »

Because Guns is a band under a major label, I don't think they can sell albums at shows.  My understanding is that major labels require sales through specific distribution outlets and I don't think concert venues qualify.  Could be wrong on that, not 100% sure.

Off the top of my head, Dave Matthews sells his albums at concert venues.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #583 on: October 17, 2014, 06:51:18 PM »

It was aimed at someone, I think, criticising the setlist, but regardless, why delete it? We could merely be having this discussion as we are doing now in a civil manner. It was fairly innocuous stuff.

Jesus.

I don't think a comment made by a person in their personal Instagram really relates to this topic. It only relates to GN'R for those who need to use it as some kind of example of something.

It's sad.

Now for the last time, move on.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #584 on: October 17, 2014, 06:52:02 PM »

Negative minds and bright siders
Fault finders and neverminders
one liners and old timers
where are all the insiders?

Won't you share some news with me,
tell me how it's been?
If you sing the blues for me
I'll make your record spin.

Waiting sometimes seems so hard,
harder than the luck
of a charbroiled silkworm or
a Chinese Peking duck.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
mortismurphy
« Reply #585 on: October 17, 2014, 08:18:23 PM »

Jesus.

I don't think a comment made by a person in their personal Instagram really relates to this topic. It only relates to GN'R for those who need to use it as some kind of example of something.

It's sad.

Now for the last time, move on.

/jarmo

Consider it moved on. It was, as I said, fairly innocuous stuff anyway, both Beta's original comment and my intent in posting it. It however would be sad if someone had put some time and effort into composing a thread, only to see it deleted. I cannot say I agree with your policy.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #586 on: October 17, 2014, 08:28:50 PM »

Funny how dedicated loyal fans who actually buy the music and attend shows get labeled with a somewhat ridiculing label.

When everybody else is concerned about acting cool and trendy, turning their coats, these fans stick around.

All credit to them.

/jarmo

Says it all-  beer

When the turncoat pseudo-so-called "fans" arent whining about GNRs or attempting to manage, produce or advise from their armchairs (and highchairs) they are ganging up to attempt to discredit and undermine the real fans and supporters who actually attend shows and enjoy the band.

Being in the line of fire is an honor in these circumstances. #fuckthehaters #fuckthewhiners #fucktheidiots

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #587 on: October 17, 2014, 08:33:35 PM »

LRI: Does Guns N? Roses have any recording or touring plans in 2015?

DJ: We are planning on doing quite a bit of touring this coming year. The focus is getting in a studio and putting together what we all feel is the best Guns N? Roses record. Lack of material is not an issue. We have tons of stuff. Axl has two full albums that he has recorded,  he has played me a bunch of songs off of that, are incredible! I can?t wait to get in and kind of dive into those as well. I?ve written tons of songs & demoed up a bunch of stuff. I think it is just a matter of getting in & sifting through the piles of material.

Back on topic? GNR are planning on doing quite a bit of touring this coming year. The focus is getting in a studio and putting together the best Guns N' Roses record.  peace

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #588 on: October 17, 2014, 08:45:41 PM »

LRI: Does Guns N? Roses have any recording or touring plans in 2015?

DJ: We are planning on doing quite a bit of touring this coming year. The focus is getting in a studio and putting together what we all feel is the best Guns N? Roses record. Lack of material is not an issue. We have tons of stuff. Axl has two full albums that he has recorded,  he has played me a bunch of songs off of that, are incredible! I can?t wait to get in and kind of dive into those as well. I?ve written tons of songs & demoed up a bunch of stuff. I think it is just a matter of getting in & sifting through the piles of material.

Back on topic? GNR are planning on doing quite a bit of touring this coming year. The focus is getting in a studio and putting together the best Guns N' Roses record.  peace

Its all good ok

And while waiting for the next GNRs tour and album, we have the  appetite for democracy dvd-Cd-blu-ray. Looking forward to recieving my bundle soon Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #589 on: October 17, 2014, 08:46:17 PM »

Funny how dedicated loyal fans who actually buy the music and attend shows get labeled with a somewhat ridiculing label.

When everybody else is concerned about acting cool and trendy, turning their coats, these fans stick around.

All credit to them.

/jarmo

Says it all-  beer

When the turncoat pseudo-so-called "fans" arent whining about GNRs or attempting to manage, produce or advise from their armchairs (and highchairs) they are ganging up to attempt to discredit and undermine the real fans and supporters who actually attend shows and enjoy the band.

Being in the line of fire is an honor in these circumstances. #fuckthehaters #fuckthewhiners #fucktheidiots

I think you should be banned ... Grow up... The name calling and insults are childish.. You win ...ur definitely a real fan....lol

But keep trying .... I'm sure jarmo will hook you up at the next show...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #590 on: October 17, 2014, 08:55:03 PM »

All credit to them.

/jarmo

Says it all-  beer

I think you should be banned ... Grow up... The name calling and insults are childish.. You win ...ur definitely a real fan....lol

But keep trying .... I'm sure jarmo will hook you up at the next show...

The insults aimed at the band AND management coming from a certain group here are uncalled for, this is a fan site and I am a fan.
It's fine for the tuncoats and  traitors to throw insults, but it's such an outrage when someone throws them back.  hihi

Back on topic-
I'm looking forward to 2015, just got my passport renewed and Im hoping for some European shows Smiley
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:31:54 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #591 on: October 17, 2014, 09:46:06 PM »

Negative minds and bright siders
Fault finders and neverminders
one liners and old timers
where are all the insiders?

Won't you share some news with me,
tell me how it's been?
If you sing the blues for me
I'll make your record spin.

Waiting sometimes seems so hard,
harder than the luck
of a charbroiled silkworm or
a Chinese Peking duck.

Cool dude!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #592 on: October 18, 2014, 06:30:33 PM »

Thank you 14 years of silence! I don't really have the kind of knowledge needed to speculate about much but I wanted to contribute to the conversation somehow.

I just read "Chinese Whispers" for the first time, what an amazing story! I knew the history behind CD would be interesting but I had no idea there were that many people involved in the project. I think it is neat how so many people left their mark on it. It must be a one of a kind thing. I knew it was rich with layers but it didn't really hit me until I played the vinyl on my record player that only has one working speaker (the left one). It sounded like a completely different album, much heavier than what I was used to after listening to it on cd for a few years. I heard so many things I never noticed before. I've still yet to hear the vinyl on a record player with two working speakers. I like it best on a surround sound system. It seems to sort everything out between all the different speakers so you can hear the little details more clearly.

I don't really have much to add to the argument taking place here so sorry if my posts seem a little off topic.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #593 on: October 18, 2014, 10:51:08 PM »

Thank you 14 years of silence! I don't really have the kind of knowledge needed to speculate about much but I wanted to contribute to the conversation somehow.

I just read "Chinese Whispers" for the first time, what an amazing story! I knew the history behind CD would be interesting but I had no idea there were that many people involved in the project. I think it is neat how so many people left their mark on it. It must be a one of a kind thing. I knew it was rich with layers but it didn't really hit me until I played the vinyl on my record player that only has one working speaker (the left one). It sounded like a completely different album, much heavier than what I was used to after listening to it on cd for a few years. I heard so many things I never noticed before. I've still yet to hear the vinyl on a record player with two working speakers. I like it best on a surround sound system. It seems to sort everything out between all the different speakers so you can hear the little details more clearly.

I don't really have much to add to the argument taking place here so sorry if my posts seem a little off topic.

The story behind the music is almost as epic as the album, hope the entire story is made public someday.

Did you write those lines of verse yourself?  peace

"Shut the fuck up."
bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #594 on: October 19, 2014, 01:52:48 PM »

What is Chinese whispers? And where can I find it?
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #595 on: October 19, 2014, 03:14:36 PM »

Emily: Yeah, I just kind of jotted them down after looking through some posts here. I am actually not a fan of poetry or anything like that, it was just a right place right time kind of thing. And also, I too hope the entire story is made public someday.

bailyrose: Chinese Whispers is a timeline of the creation of CD consisting of quotes, interviews, videos, and things of that nature from various people that were involved with CD. It is incredibly interesting and makes me feel like there is a lot more to CD than I have realized despite having listened to it so many times. It reminded me of when Axl said something along the lines of how it would take a lot of time for people to realize what he actually accomplished with that album. It's probably the closest you can get to an insiders view on the making of CD without actually being an insider. If you google "chinese whispers guns n roses" it should be one of the first web sites to come up. There is a lot to read through, it took me a couple days to get through it all.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:18:49 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #596 on: October 20, 2014, 09:57:04 AM »

Chinese Whispers is an interesting read, for sure.  But depressing in a few spots, to be honest.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #597 on: October 20, 2014, 08:12:43 PM »

D X, how did you find it depressing? I was personally pretty impressed by it. One thing I took from it was that many people had good things to say about working with Axl and that the image the press puts out about him didn't really match up with a lot of what I was reading there. I know some people had bad things to say about him too but if I'm not mistaken the positive comments outweighed the negative ones (and most of the negative ones were from what seemed to me to be bitter ex bandmates or people involved with the record company).

One thing is for sure, after reading through that article I am much more excited to hear the Chinese Democracy remix album. Maybe on the remix Ron will have added a lot more to the songs considering he has been able to spend a lot more time with them. I wonder if any lyrics will change? That sure would be neat too. Not because I don't like the current ones, but I would be stoked to hear some new ones too.

It was also interesting to learn how the record company took the album from him without letting him put the last few finishing touches on the artwork. I wasn't familiar with that story before and was always curious why Chinese didn't really receive any promotion. If the next record goes according to Axl's plan, I wonder if it will be ushered in with proper promotion from both Axl and the record company and be a bigger success than CD as a result.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #598 on: October 20, 2014, 08:25:19 PM »

D X, how did you find it depressing?

I think in terms of the missed opportunities and just all the wasted time doing nothing. 

Those leaks, while not the plan, they were being played on the radio.  Some charted!  What band gone ten plus years pulls that off?  People were excited about all this.  Its hard to argue that excitement was sustained 2 more years, for what wound up being very, very minimal changes.  Like anything in life, you have to put yourself in the best position to succeed.

The missed deadlines too.  It just seems that while it was not the best experience for Axl, you can't shake the fact he brought some of it on himself. 

The label cuts off the checks in what, 2004?  Isn't that your sign to wrap it up?  Suppose he takes that as a sign, wraps it up and gets it ready for 2006.  He was giving his best performances since the relaunch and the band was pretty tight.  If you get that done, are Robin and Brain still in the fold?  Maybe.  That's two of the creative forces behind the new material.   

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #599 on: October 21, 2014, 12:14:06 AM »

I understand what you are saying. I think it follows a reasonable train of thought. You're right, things definitely could have gone differently. So let's see here.

I guess as far as missing the opportunity for Robin and Brain to be in the fold, I agree that while their participation may have been better for the band, I also think that Axl did not plan on them leaving. From what I gathered while reading "Whispers", it was clear from the very beginning that CD was going to take a very long time to make. That's why Moby backed out of the project. I think Axl was trying to make a record outside of time in a way. The best way I can describe this is when you have something you think is really important to say to someone that you are fighting with. Once you say it, it is said. There is no way to undo it. So I think Axl didn't want to be pressured into making an album he couldn't undo.

I am not sure, but I think if Axl could go back and release the illusions in a different manner, he might change some things. I don't know, maybe "My World" wouldn't be on there. Maybe he could have finished Just Another Sunday instead (such a great song!). I think that the quality of GNR music from Appetite to Lies is consistently very good. I basically love every song on those two albums. With the Illusions there were many great songs and the sound of GNR underwent a great evolution, but at the same time there came into existence some songs that for me did not live up to the quality of their previous releases. Maybe Axl wanted to make sure that CD was an album that was created as a conscious effort over time, a very intentional album. It seems like that to me considering how they explored at least a hundred different possibilities for nearly every part of every song.

When it comes to the band's inactivity in terms of concerts, I don't know why things where that way but I am sure there were reasons for it. Maybe Axl just wanted to concentrate on CD. After all, that's what people will mostly remember him for once he is dead: his recorded music. Maybe he was just not feeling up to it. I heard him mention in "Whispers" that he was unhappy and that his inner world needed to be in a better place in order for him to achieve what he was aiming for. I can't really say because I wasn't there, but every action is a response which stems from a stimulus therefore whatever happened had to happen exactly the way it did.

As for Axl being at his best then, I'm sure that he is still being the best he can. Guns n Roses is his life's work. If he is not performing as good now as he was then, I do not know if that is something that he would have foreseen. Besides, his vocals always seem to change and go through trends. It seems to me that near the end of a trend is when he starts to sound his best and near the beginning of the trend is when he starts to sound maybe a little weaker. I don't know what causes his vocals to change or whether I am right about them going through trends, but I'm sure he knows what's going on with his voice better than I do and plans everything accordingly.

Finally, concerning your last point, I admire the fact that Axl used his own money to get CD to where he wanted it to be (if I am correct and this is what happened).

Anyway, it's always good discussing things with you. You think very critically about many details of GNR. That really takes a lot of dedication!

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: