Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:52:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227826 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)  (Read 246107 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #800 on: October 24, 2014, 09:23:38 PM »

I read the interview. I see what he is saying that he can be himself in Six Am. He has skin in Six Am. In GNR, he doesn't have that. I do think DJ could have phrased it much better, though.

I'd agree.  Inartful phrasing.

Overanalyzing and overdramatizing semantics in members' interviews with the explicit intent of finding something that isn't there isn't a healthy habit imo. Kiss

Emily, you must admit that the phrasing is a bit odd. It's not overanalyzing or dramatizing his words. He could have left it at that, but he didn't. I think it's frustrating for DJ to be doing someone else's music and not create your own. I can totally see that. Like I previously said, in Six Am he has skin in the game. In GNR, he doesn't. This goes back to what I've been saying for a long time. When you have ownership of something, you take more pride in it and feel more satisfied.

A simple clumsily worded phrase shouldn't be grounds to claim you suddenly know what he is thinking, or what is supposedly inferred by said phrase.

I honestly think Ashba is very positive about being in GNR, I enjoy his optimistic and his loyalty is admirable. Have never seen him complain about one single solitary aspect of being in GNR.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #801 on: October 24, 2014, 09:28:24 PM »

I did say and do believe that he should NOT just "give in" to get out from under a contract because IN MY OPINION the integrity of the band in the fans' eyes, in the public's eye and even maybe in the band's eye might be diminished if we're presented with an "inferior" product ... especially after six years and given the, IMO, high standard of material set with CD.

I think people just want some new songs, ultimately.

I don't really think that if someone doesn't like them, they will arrive at the conclusion it was due to label malfeasance.

We are constantly told the hardcore onliners like us are a miniscule portion of the fanbase.  Well, we are also the only one that knows all this behind the scenes drama.  The vast majority of the fans aren't as into all these details.  They are just listening to a CD.

That "4th version of the same tour" went to countries/cities where either GNR had never played before or haven't played in years.

"Nothing new" to you might have been a first time experience to thousands of fans.

Agreed, but that's a separate conversation.

Its liek when I asked Jarmo about doing something new, and he tells me they just played Bolivia.  And that's great...if you live in Bolivia.

But you can say the band is rather running in place in the macro sense, while easily conceding if the show is in your town that night, you don't really give too much of a shit about the big picture.  You just want to enjoy your show, which is a viewpoint I'd agree with.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 09:30:05 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #802 on: October 24, 2014, 09:31:43 PM »

I read the interview. I see what he is saying that he can be himself in Six Am. He has skin in Six Am. In GNR, he doesn't have that. I do think DJ could have phrased it much better, though.

I'd agree.  Inartful phrasing.

Overanalyzing and overdramatizing semantics in members' interviews with the explicit intent of finding something that isn't there isn't a healthy habit imo. Kiss

Emily, you must admit that the phrasing is a bit odd. It's not overanalyzing or dramatizing his words. He could have left it at that, but he didn't. I think it's frustrating for DJ to be doing someone else's music and not create your own. I can totally see that. Like I previously said, in Six Am he has skin in the game. In GNR, he doesn't. This goes back to what I've been saying for a long time. When you have ownership of something, you take more pride in it and feel more satisfied.
None of that, even if your speculations are true, don't necessarily translate to him allocating his best original material for Sixx: AM and his second-tier material for GN'R.

Ali
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #803 on: October 24, 2014, 09:31:54 PM »

Yawn- your constant attempts on a GNR forum to belittle the band are tiresome to many of us.
you honestly think the booklet was the only issue?

You can make numbered little lists until the cows come home and some here, with a similar aganda may validate you, but the truth remains the truth.

Azoff has well earned the nickname of  "The Poison dwarf" in the industry, he once left a snake in a rival's mailbox, do a little research on him.  Kiss

Your oversimplification of facts, with the explicit intent of validating your narrative is rich, and very pathetic.

So, I take the time to address all your points, and that gets me....this.  Whatever this is.

What a great waste of my time.

Your attempts to argue your agenda are ineffective, you won't sway  nor convince anyone to your flawed and erroneous thinking.

I refuse to give your platform any credibility, your so-called "points" are fantasy and fallacy, your time may be better spent on a band you actually support, or by finding a hobby more productive than going on multiple fan forums to
whine and complain on a daily basis.

Some of us here are actual fans of the band.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #804 on: October 24, 2014, 09:32:54 PM »

None of that, even if your speculations are true, don't necessarily translate to him allocating his best original material for Sixx: AM and his second-tier material for GN'R.

Haha, what material for GNR?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #805 on: October 24, 2014, 09:34:05 PM »

Your attempts to argue your agenda are ineffective, you won't sway  nor convince anyone to your flawed and erroneous thinking.

I refuse to give your platform any credibility, your so-called "points" are fantasy and fallacy, your time may be better spent on a band you actually support, or by finding a hobby more productive than going on multiple fan forums to

Yeah...great.  You've played this hand already.

I have better conversational options here this evening.  Run along now.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #806 on: October 24, 2014, 09:34:25 PM »

The record company seemed to not want to do any of the promotion they promised. I don't know what they promised. At least they could have printed the alternate covers. I'm sure there's lots of things they could have done to promote the album without Axl. I don't blame him for being pissed off. He appears to have taken some time off after CD was released, and that's completely understandable considering what an arduous process it was. That must have felt like taking the biggest shit ever. What a relief it must have been. No wonder he didn't want to deal with any BS afterwards.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #807 on: October 24, 2014, 09:35:42 PM »

- Just about every one of my posts is done under the impression Axl continues to be a viable artist for a few more years.  All my posts are done through that prism.  So to me, getting him to a point where he can do that freely is the goal, always.  And, to be honest, I would never, ever, ever put that lower on the totem pole then proving some point with his current label.  I find it preposterous to say with a straight face I'd rather he just never did anything than "give in".  Fuck that.  If you can get out of that contract that is supposedly holding you back, get out of that contract.
I didn't say he shouldn't do anything.  I said he should stand his ground.
I did say and do believe that he should NOT just "give in" to get out from under a contract because IN MY OPINION the integrity of the band in the fans' eyes, in the public's eye and even maybe in the band's eye might be diminished if we're presented with an "inferior" product ... especially after six years and given the, IMO, high standard of material set with CD. 

It's been six years since CD was released.  In those six years GNR has played over 230 shows literally all over the world.  They have millions of facebook and twitter followers.  How is that "total career paralysis"??

Because its nothing new.  Nothing new has been done.  

Those things you mention are all just fine, but its not really what we are talking about when I say that.  The 4th version of the same tour is not exactly breaking new ground.

That "4th version of the same tour" went to countries/cities where either GNR had never played before or haven't played in years.

"Nothing new" to you might have been a first time experience to thousands of fans.

P.P.S.  I'm a 'her' not a 'him'

And for this, I apologize.  I often assume everyone is a dude.  Sexist, I realize.  Sorry about that.
No biggie.  Smiley
I was just getting a little confused when you'd refer to 'him' when replying to others because I wasn't sure if you were referring to me or Axl.

Gypsy - Think about what you're saying.  Axl has a new album ready to go.  How would lack of label support make that album inferior quality?  Even if the label doesn't like what he turns in, there's no way the label at this point is going to ask Axl to get back into the studio and try again.  No way they would fund that.  So they'd either cut their loss by releasing it, with perhaps minimal promotion, or cut their loss by letting Axl out of the contract. Either way, its not going to impact the quality of the music.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #808 on: October 24, 2014, 09:36:53 PM »

Haha, what material for GNR?
He has said he has written material for GN'R.

Regardless, my point was there is zero indication that any material DJ has written or will write for GN'R and Sixx: AM is divided up or allocated as I just described.

Ali
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #809 on: October 24, 2014, 09:39:26 PM »

Yawn- your constant attempts on a GNR forum to belittle the band are tiresome to many of us.

You can make numbered little lists until the cows come home and some here, with a similar aganda may validate you, but the truth remains the truth.

Azoff has well earned the nickname of  "The Poison dwarf" in the industry, he once left a snake in a rival's mailbox, do a little research on him.  Kiss

Your oversimplification of facts, with the explicit intent of validating your narrative is rich, and very pathetic.

So, I take the time to address all your points, and that gets me....this.  Whatever this is.

Please stop.  You talk about trolling n shit.  Stop.  You're the troll who spends 95% of your posts singling out DX instead of engaging in conversation about "the wait". 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #810 on: October 24, 2014, 09:39:31 PM »

The record company seemed to not want to do any of the promotion they promised. I don't know what they promised. At least they could have printed the alternate covers.

Does that make business sense though?

Think about it form a strict numbers standpoint.  You have an album that didn't really sell.  And truthfully most people that were going to be into it already have it.  Some more obsessive completist fans might buy alternate covers, but not in large numbers.

Does it make sense to pay to do that?  Then factor in that you will get no help from the artist himself.  

Can you justify the cost?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #811 on: October 24, 2014, 09:41:34 PM »

Gypsy - Think about what you're saying.  Axl has a new album ready to go.  How would lack of label support make that album inferior quality?  Even if the label doesn't like what he turns in, there's no way the label at this point is going to ask Axl to get back into the studio and try again.  No way they would fund that.  So they'd either cut their loss by releasing it, with perhaps minimal promotion, or cut their loss by letting Axl out of the contract. Either way, its not going to impact the quality of the music.

Exactly how I see it.

They have already paid for this material to be recorded.  Whenever he gets around to turning it in, its going out.

How its promoted, either by them or by him, remains to be seen.  But the music is already done.  Its either good or its not.  I don't see how label strife is going to change any of that.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #812 on: October 24, 2014, 09:42:11 PM »

Yeah...great.  You've played this hand already.

I have better conversational options here this evening.  Run along now.

This is not your forum, you don't get to give orders nor dictate the rules and how it is run.

The truth remains the truth and does not support your little biased agenda and negative tunnel vision, so you "run along"
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:06:00 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #813 on: October 24, 2014, 09:44:02 PM »

Regardless, my point was there is zero indication that any material DJ has written or will write for GN'R and Sixx: AM is divided up or allocated as I just described.

I'd agree, in principle.

But, then you have to consider he writes something he feels strong about.  With two avenues to get it out there, which way is he going to go?

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #814 on: October 24, 2014, 09:44:21 PM »

I'm sure DJ's gonna write his ass off for his spot on a GNR album. Who wouldn't?

Whether or not it makes any business sense, if they promised to do it then they should have done it. And if Axl's way of getting out of his contract with the record company is a stalemate, I think it's a great plan if they actually do end up letting him go. Imagine what an accomplishment that would be for him. Even if it took ten years it would be worth it.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #815 on: October 24, 2014, 09:47:31 PM »

I was talking about a hypothetical "get out of the contract" album NOT the actual album.

The "reality" is that it's been six years so I'm guessing that a "get out of the contract" album is not something either side is considering.  And since Axl did allude to looking into releasing something, I'd also guess that funding isn't an issue either on both sides.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #816 on: October 24, 2014, 09:50:31 PM »

When I first heard about the remix album, my first thought was him trying to get out of a contract.

Like when a band does a live album or a greatest hits to get another one off the tally, usually on the way out the door.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #817 on: October 24, 2014, 09:52:02 PM »

Please stop.  You talk about trolling n shit.  Stop.  You're the troll who spends 95% of your posts singling out DX instead of engaging in conversation about "the wait". 

Do you enjoy being a minion and a pawn ?

On waiting, I heard a brilliant phrase I will paraphrase here-

If you are tired of waiting, dont wait- live your life, but if you are really into waiting, wait for Jesus to return, I hear the payoff may be much greater. Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #818 on: October 24, 2014, 09:54:53 PM »

I'm sure DJ's gonna write his ass off for his spot on a GNR album. Who wouldn't?

Whether or not it makes any business sense, if they promised to do it then they should have done it. And if Axl's way of getting out of his contract with the record company is a stalemate, I think it's a great plan if they actually do end up letting him go. Imagine what an accomplishment that would be for him. Even if it took ten years it would be worth it.

I look forward to hearing what DJ contributes to GNR, was a very savvy move getting him into the band imo.  beer

"Shut the fuck up."
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #819 on: October 24, 2014, 10:03:29 PM »

The remix album makes sense whether or not it is a get out of the contract kind of thing. With every part being done in at least a hundred different ways, you'd think quite a few of them would be worth hearing. I'm actually just about as excited for the remix album as I am for the next album.

I wonder if the lyrics and vocals will be remixed too? It could basically be like a whole new album if that was the case.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:05:34 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: