Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:54:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)  (Read 77035 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #220 on: November 20, 2014, 05:32:41 PM »

Just like some still bring up things that upset them in 2002.... Smiley

02-version was so pwn. Best gnr-version imo.

The most different, musically, I think.  I think the 2006 version was a big tighter, but not as interesting. 

Which is all Buckethead, really.  Since the relunch, he's the only one I felt had that real "it" factor to stand alongside Axl.

And he's by far the best guitarist besides Slash.  His play on the album is excellent.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #221 on: November 20, 2014, 05:36:03 PM »

The most different, musically, I think.  I think the 2006 version was a big tighter, but not as interesting. 

Which is all Buckethead, really.  Since the relunch, he's the only one I felt had that real "it" factor to stand alongside Axl.

And he's by far the best guitarist besides Slash.  His play on the album is excellent.

06 (say hi to Bumblefoot) is arguably the best live-era. And yes @ Bucketehad.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #222 on: November 20, 2014, 05:45:42 PM »

06 (say hi to Bumblefoot) is arguably the best live-era. And yes @ Bucketehad.

The bootlegs I've been listening to lately are all 2006.  Solid, solid shows.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #223 on: November 20, 2014, 08:12:29 PM »

If Robert Plant continued on as Led Zeppelin.... he would have been blasted the same way Axl has been....don't think that was ever a consideration for him tho..... guy wont even play with led zeppelin for a billion dollars....lol

Hahaha

Is that guy dug in, or what?  He just will not budge.

And I often say Axl is the only hardhead that wouldn't reunite for the dollars.  I guess he's not alone.

Their situations are somewhat similar... even tho Plant doesn't hate Page the way Axl hates Slash... he won't work with him for a variety of reasons, despite the absurd money...but i'm sure if he was living on the streets it would be different

Of course neither one of them tours as Led Zeppelin presently...and they have both said it wont be LZ without the three of them as a whole, so I guess that's different ha

Actually there is still a bit of hatred there. Plant never forgave Page for not attending his son's funeral. Page stated that Plant told him not to come due to unwanted media coverage of the funeral. So there is a bit of discrepancy. Unlike the Axl/Slash feud, I can completely understand Plant's POV.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #224 on: November 20, 2014, 08:28:15 PM »

Wow, didn't know that.  That's rough.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #225 on: November 20, 2014, 09:27:58 PM »

Just like some still bring up things that upset them in 2002.... Smiley

02-version was so pwn. Best gnr-version imo.

I am a huge fan of Buckets work on this album.  I wouldnt just say his play on the album was great.  His guitar writting on the album was some of the best guitar writting I have ever heard
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #226 on: November 21, 2014, 07:57:18 AM »

How about if he sat around and did nothing?

Well, I'd wonder what the plan was.  You'd applaud the move. 

If Axl sits around doing nothing, and that's what he wants to do, then I respect that choice.
You on the other hand will spend eternity whining about it and even when he'd stop doing nothing, you'd remind everybody about that one time.

I've told you before, there's plenty of reasons why people chose to "do nothing".

^yeah - I just love the use of orchestral arrangements in guns tracks.

Just listen to tracks such as TWAT and Prostitute - amazing songs.

The arrangements, for me, work so well with Guns songs and add depth, complementing the 'ballads' perfectly.

And one of the reasons why we keep discovering new things in the songs even after a few listens.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #227 on: November 21, 2014, 08:32:10 AM »

How about if he sat around and did nothing?

Well, I'd wonder what the plan was.  You'd applaud the move. 

If Axl sits around doing nothing, and that's what he wants to do, then I respect that choice.
You on the other hand will spend eternity whining about it and even when he'd stop doing nothing, you'd remind everybody about that one time.

No, I'd wonder what the plan was while nothing happened.  As I said.

Leave what other people would do and say if something actually happened to those other people.  They have a better handle than you do, sport.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #228 on: November 21, 2014, 08:41:22 AM »

Your so called wondering comes off as whining to others. Guy/sport/champ/dude.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #229 on: November 21, 2014, 09:20:47 AM »

Your so called wondering comes off as whining to others. Guy/sport/champ/dude.

Your premise is ridiculous on its face. 

No one beats the drum harder for a new album than me, but I'm going to be unhappy with a BOX SET of material?  Ludicrous.

But you want to take your little ill conceived shot because it just steams your bean I don't sit in silence like a good little boy while time is wasted.  Well, if you're mad, you're just going to have to get glad again.  Not sure what else to tell you.

I'm a fan of a rock singer.  I'm not a resident of North Korea living under the rule of Kim Jong Un.  I don't share your fetish for obedience. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #230 on: November 21, 2014, 10:52:06 AM »

I'm a fan of a rock singer. 

Maybe you should remind yourself of this more often.

I'm not a resident of North Korea living under the rule of Kim Jong Un.  I don't share your fetish for obedience. 

Neither am I.  Kiss

But I also don't live in fantasy land where I'm constantly under a cloud of rain feeling annoyed/frustrated/whatever you call it because of my favorite band.

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #231 on: November 21, 2014, 11:18:22 AM »

I always interpret X's posts as mere, discussions. There is enough positivity there also (NB his praise for the 2006 tour) that demonstrates his opinion is somewhere in the middle on new gnr which is the same for most human beings on just about any subject that could potentially ever be raised in democratic societies - well, most human beings! And you have to admit, Jarmo, that it is his 'discussions/whining' (whatever you care to call it) are, by far, the most active areas on the forum. Without his input, the forum would merely be a bunch of ''happy birthday__(insert new gnr member)'' threads and (none) news items, i.e. the new Guns N' Roses equivalent of Pravda.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #232 on: November 21, 2014, 11:24:15 AM »

It's easy to forget that the person who claim they are positive have also said other things.....

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #233 on: November 21, 2014, 11:24:42 AM »

I'm a fan of a rock singer. 

Maybe you should remind yourself of this more often.

You are the only one that's ever questioned it.  Thus making you the outlier.

I'm not a resident of North Korea living under the rule of Kim Jong Un.  I don't share your fetish for obedience. 

Neither am I.  Kiss

Yes, yes, your posts are your personal opinion and you don't speak for anyone else.  That whole bit.  

Gotcha.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #234 on: November 21, 2014, 11:25:26 AM »

It's easy to forget that the person who claim they are positive have also said other things.....

The only real compliance is 100% compliance. 

Keep it real up in the field.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #235 on: November 21, 2014, 11:27:39 AM »

I always interpret X's posts as mere, discussions. There is enough positivity there also (NB his praise for the 2006 tour) that demonstrates his opinion is somewhere in the middle on new gnr which is the same for most human beings on just about any subject that could potentially ever be raised in democratic societies - well, most human beings! And you have to admit, Jarmo, that it is his 'discussions/whining' (whatever you care to call it) are, by far, the most active areas on the forum. Without his input, the forum would merely be a bunch of ''happy birthday__(insert new gnr member)'' threads and (none) news items, i.e. the new Guns N' Roses equivalent of Pravda.

You gotta talk about something.  At least that's how I figure it.

How much can you really do with HAPPY CHRIS DAY?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #236 on: November 21, 2014, 11:29:05 AM »

It's difficult to take people who are concerned about their online image seriously...  ok

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #237 on: November 21, 2014, 11:29:11 AM »

/jarmo

Rock bands are not a communist republic. Fans - usually - do not conduct themselves in a manner you advocate, i.e. ''for or against''. Pick any fan of any band and they will go, ''yes, that album was shit, and that album was good''. The Stones? How many Stones fans will defend Emotional Rescue? Metallica? St Anger and Napster-gate?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #238 on: November 21, 2014, 11:30:55 AM »

And yet nobody forced you to come to this site.

The same shit, different year. "I don't like you telling me my post is wrong" or "I don't like being told to explain myself".
Too fucking bad.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #239 on: November 21, 2014, 11:33:26 AM »

You are the human record scratch, Jarmo.  You grind everything to a halt.

You've done it in two different threads just this morning. 

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: