Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 09:53:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227991 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)  (Read 76724 times)
mortismurphy
« Reply #240 on: November 21, 2014, 11:35:47 AM »

And yet nobody forced you to come to this site.

The same shit, different year. "I don't like you telling me my post is wrong" or "I don't like being told to explain myself".
Too fucking bad.

/jarmo

I do not follow? You have created a 'Guns N' Roses' free fan forum. Presumably some people are going to stumble on the place (perhaps via google) and start posting on the thing. What was the point in creating it if you did not want this to happen?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #241 on: November 21, 2014, 11:43:29 AM »

You do not follow? Let me explain this to you.

Not every fan site is gonna suit every fan. Some like to whine as much as they want, some prefer something else.

You are the human record scratch, Jarmo.  You grind everything to a halt.

You've done it in two different threads just this morning. 

This happens when people like yourself don't feel like answering simple questions.  Kiss

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #242 on: November 21, 2014, 11:50:35 AM »

You do not follow? Let me explain this to you.

Not every fan site is gonna suit every fan. Some like to whine as much as they want, some prefer something else.

This happens when people like yourself don't feel like answering simple questions.  Kiss

/jarmo

If you accept that the persons alluding to here (which I am sure includes me) are 'whining'. I do not. I see them as discussions.

Jarmo, I do not mean to remind you of this but this is not exactly the most active forum these days. If your 'whining people' leave, you are literally left with birthday greetings threads and posts dedicated to these completely pointless classic rock polls which gnr get entered into. I mean there is nothing at all happening in the gnr world to fill the deficit with bucket loads of saccharine positivity, that, asking your 'whiners' to leave, would create. All of the interesting areas of discussion now are centered around, X's posts. And do not act a shrinking violet here as you expand a tremendous amount of energy whining about the 'whiners'. You secretly like these debates just as much as anyone.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #243 on: November 21, 2014, 11:51:12 AM »

Just think of the time we could save if already flowing conversations in a groove didn't come to a complete standstill so we could talk about what horrible "fans" we all are.

And yes, that's "fans" in quotes.  You know, because we suck so much.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #244 on: November 21, 2014, 11:54:02 AM »

Jarmo, I do not mean to remind you of this but this is not exactly the most active forum these days. If your 'whining people' leave, you are literally left with birthday greetings threads and posts dedicated to these completely pointless classic rock polls which gnr get entered into. I mean there is nothing at all happening in the gnr world to fill the deficit with bucket loads of saccharine positivity, that, asking your 'whiners' to leave, would create. All of the interesting areas of discussion now are centered around, X's posts. And do not act a shrinking violet here as you expand a tremendous amount of energy whining about the 'whiners'. You secretly like these debates just as much as anyone.

I have made these exact point several times.

And I can tell you, he's the only message board moderator I've ever come across that seems put out by traffic at his site.  I asked him point blank if he'd rather entire days went by with no new posts, and he told me he would not care because he's "not about the clicks".

Its times like this you can sort of see why he never criticizes GNR's business plan.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #245 on: November 21, 2014, 11:59:17 AM »

Ok. I did not know that!

Seriously. Say something new and original instead of complimenting the "It's not GN'R" crowd...  Tongue

I don't have a problem with people disagreeing. If you can actually stand for what you say. But often, this happens. Your buddies who like to post about how things suck start complaining about me, the way I've chosen to run the site and whatever else.

It's the usual routine. The only thing missing here is somebody throwing a fit and calling me some unoriginal names.

You don't like things that you can't change. That to me seems like a waste of energy. Maybe if you changed the attitude, things wouldn't look so bad. But no, it's easier to keep whining than to do that...  And here we are. Again.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #246 on: November 21, 2014, 12:02:33 PM »

I don't have a problem with people disagreeing. If you can actually stand for what you say.

Now that is not completely truthful, is it?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #247 on: November 21, 2014, 12:06:12 PM »

I don't have a problem with people disagreeing. If you can actually stand for what you say.

He doesn't mind when we disagree with each other.  Just not him.

And Jarmo, we all know and accept how you run the site.  We come hre every damn day.  We are obviously OK with it.  But when you cut off an ongoing conversation to talk about how much we suck as people, then the topic tends to make its way back to the forefront.

Not saying you have to agree with us (which will never happen) but you have to take just a wee bit of accountability for these detours you keep putting us on.  Does any conversation about you or the site's rules come up unless you are here lecturing us?

We'd much rather talk about GNR than about how much you dislike us.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #248 on: November 21, 2014, 12:12:06 PM »

Yes it is. I don't care what you think.
I can't change you. To think otherwise would be naive and stupid.

I don't think you paid attention to the second sentence. If you come here to post your "honest opinion", and assuming it's based facts, not only personal assumptions tainted by your frustrations and getting what you "need", then be prepared to explain it. What makes you think that? How can you be sure that's correct? Did you ever think of the other side of the argument? Etc. etc. etc. This seems like too much to handle for some. They see these fan sites as a simple way to be somebody without any need for any major thinking on their part. This isn't your blog. It's a discussion forum.

I can choose what kind of crowd I would like to surround myself with, I can choose what kind of fan site I want to run. And the kind of site I want to run is the kind of site that I won't feel embarrassed about.

Simple.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #249 on: November 21, 2014, 12:26:06 PM »

I don't think you paid attention to the second sentence. If you come here to post your "honest opinion", and assuming it's based facts, not only personal assumptions tainted by your frustrations and getting what you "need", then be prepared to explain it. What makes you think that? How can you be sure that's correct? Did you ever think of the other side of the argument? Etc. etc. etc. This seems like too much to handle for some.

Well, considering that in order for someone to have an "honest opinion" it needs to come accompanied by a signed affidavit from Axl himself, that's a rather convenient way to shut people down.

Your typical "be perepared to explain it" taunt is somewhat hollow, because we weren't actually in the room with the man, so we should just shut it.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #250 on: November 21, 2014, 12:28:50 PM »

You're making generalizations to try to discredit what I said. I other words, it's almost like you're not interested in real discussions with differing opinions!

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #251 on: November 21, 2014, 12:35:17 PM »

You're making generalizations to try to discredit what I said. I other words, it's almost like you're not interested in real discussions with differing opinions!

Its actually not like that at all, but I guess that's where we'll leave it.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #252 on: November 22, 2014, 12:15:23 PM »

Some "people" are shocked that fans come to fan sites to have fun and get as well as share news about GNR, and don't care to read the dreary whining day in and day out.

The same people also feel free to take potshots at all things GNR, but want to call foul when it is handed back to them.

I love the way this forum is run, and I'm of the opinion that quality is more important that quantity, why have pages upon pages of toxic conversation and arguements? There are other places that specialize in that sort of tripe and garbage.

I choose to come here for the atmosphere, and I enjoy reading posts from Jarmo, Gypsy and Rudy imparticular love

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #253 on: November 22, 2014, 03:32:47 PM »

Thanks for the shout out Emily, you've always been a real sweetheart to me. You and a few others (DX, Gypsy Soul, Jarmo in alphabetical order) helped me feel welcome around here when I was new to the place and I really appreciate that. I'll do my best to pay the favor forward to newcomers whenever I spot them. peace

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
BOILER GUNZ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: November 23, 2014, 11:09:54 PM »

Was Or Was Not Chinese Democracy released (sonically) the way Axl wanted it to be?  And if not, exactly why?

Perhaps it dont really matter anymore...I think I oughta listen to that vinyl again...I don't know if I ever did?  Where my cans (that's slang for headphones)...wtf

I remember my disc seemed to be messed on a couple of tracks.  annoying
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 11:20:07 PM by BOILER GUNZ » Logged
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #255 on: November 24, 2014, 03:13:12 AM »

Was Or Was Not Chinese Democracy released (sonically) the way Axl wanted it to be?  And if not, exactly why?

Perhaps it dont really matter anymore...I think I oughta listen to that vinyl again...I don't know if I ever did?  Where my cans (that's slang for headphones)...wtf

I remember my disc seemed to be messed on a couple of tracks.  annoying

Is this in reference to the loudness wars I keep hearing about?  I have no idea what that actually means.  From everything I have read though a less happy with the final mastering of chineasee.   After that much time working on a piece it would be a shame that everything wasn't 100 percent to his liking.   I did read some place that he want a few art work changes or something but by then the album was in the studios hands.   

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #256 on: November 24, 2014, 08:17:18 AM »

I don't recall Axl having issues with the way the album sounded. The album had some alternative artwork that he wanted released. Initially Best Buy listed three different covers for the album when pre-ordering started.

There were issues, that several fans reported, with the vinyl issue of the album. There were inner groove distortion present on that one. That's annoying.

Also, regarding the loudness wars, Chinese Democracy is not suffering from that. Here's an article about it: http://www.gatewaymastering.com/gateway_LoudnessWars.asp

/jarmo

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #257 on: November 24, 2014, 08:45:18 AM »

The alternative artwork was absolutely perfect for that album. It is a shame it never got released.  crying

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #258 on: November 24, 2014, 12:22:21 PM »

Was one of the vinyl issues parts that skipped? I bought mine new online and it seemed to have a couple skips on it.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #259 on: November 24, 2014, 12:31:29 PM »

CD came with an awfull promotion, no video-clip, and I think I heard Better just 2 times on radio. And I think those 14 tracks on the ?lbum are - MAYBE - the strongest ones from all of what they have, IMO. We?ve got 5 years (untill now, IF they decide to release the next ?lbul in 2015) of touring, fan made videos, live videos by fans, good, bad and awfull performances by Axl (the man still got it, but face it, he doesn?t have 25 years old anymore, and I absolute understand that, and even think it?s crazy the 3 hours setlist).
If we get another ?lbum in the future, take all of what I wrote above as a miracle, if we get close to 50% of that.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: