Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:16:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Downtime
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Downtime  (Read 3655 times)
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« on: November 13, 2014, 04:50:34 PM »

How's everybody enjoying the Downtime? Its all quiet in the GNR world. Are you looking forward to another cash grab tour? Or is new music a priority?

Bow!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 06:16:57 PM »

I've actually been listening to new band stuff, exclusively.  Everything is RIR III and onwards.

I'm kind of digging it, because I usually listen to the older stuff.  Not that much 2001 and onwards is all that new, but I'm not as burnt out on it all.  So I'm listening to CD, my bootlegs, some of those leaked remix deals.  All of it.

This either winds up being a great segue into something new in 2015 and keep this gravy train rolling...

...or leads to something of a bummer in 2015 when new dates are announced and the only word on the album is the "we're still looking at it" routine.

Oh sure, I'll be told how exciting it is they are playing Bulgaria.  And how its "interesting" how "I" can't be "happy" about "that".  I'll see them if they come around me, sure.  But I wouldn't be seeing is anyone that's ever going to be a viable band again.

I'm optimistic.  Not so much that I think its going to happen, but I think this is sort of a defining moment in terms of what they are.  If it is ever going to happen, its now.  If another tour embarks with the same shoulder shrug attitude...then you'll be pretty much looking at it.  That's all they'll be.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 07:56:34 PM »

Aren't you gonna comment on the use of the term cash grab?

It's not as quiet as say 2005.... We just had the deluxe version of Appetite For Democracy released. I know it means very little to some of you, but to others it's something new, something exciting and a new release by our favorite band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 09:03:25 PM »

I've commented on it several times.  I don't consider the taunt valid.

Every tour of every band is a "cash grab".  Its how they make their money.  Its pretty much the job.

It's not as quiet as say 2005.... We just had the deluxe version of Appetite For Democracy released. I know it means very little to some of you, but to others it's something new, something exciting and a new release by our favorite band.

I got my copy.  I like bootlegs / concerts more than official stuff anyway.

But if they take an extended time off and still have nothing in terms of a new album before cranking up the touring machine again, they likely never will.  And if that's how it is, that's how it is. 

We'll just have to wait and see.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 10:41:30 AM »

Every tour of every band is a "cash grab".  Its how they make their money.  Its pretty much the job.

Exactly. Yet how many of these people using the term would use it if the ultimate cash grab was executed....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 10:43:54 AM »

Exactly. Yet how many of these people using the term would use it if the ultimate cash grab was executed....

Well, given your claim of not going to other forums, I guess it falls on me to fill you in.

There are many, many people at the other sites that label a reunion a "cash grab".  Well, a reunion tour that's just a tour with no album or even talk of one, that is.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 10:58:16 AM »

/jarmo

Good point. But you shouldn't hate on that. A much as we all know its never going to happen, and probably would be a massive disaster ha, it would mean alot.. to a lot of people to see it.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 11:14:59 AM »

There are many, many people at the other sites that label a reunion a "cash grab".  Well, a reunion tour that's just a tour with no album or even talk of one, that is.

Yeah. The irony of that is that it's the ultimate cash grab and nostalgia act any band can do.
In GN'R's case they get accused of both, even without any talk of a reunion on the horizon.  hihi

I wonder when putting out an album so you can tour gets labeled that way as well.  Grin

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 11:35:42 AM »

I wonder when putting out an album so you can tour gets labeled that way as well.  Grin

No, that would be labeled a miracle. 

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 05:10:07 PM »

I am dying for the release. I feel myself getting very impatient sometimes. I am just trying to get into some other bands I used to listen to a lot like CKY to distract me for the time being. These forums really help too, because you can share the wait with others and talk about all things GNR.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: