Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:57:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie  (Read 75418 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2015, 10:38:31 AM »

I share that view on Canter, but it is extra special that you can peek into people's minds online, and come to the conclusion "it would be a fairy tale".

I think Jarmo has summed you up nicely, "you think you know everything" (but you haven't  got a clue)  Kiss

Well, here's what I do know.

Axl released a statement after not attending the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame thanking people for the "overwhelming support" he received for not going.  And how he was "relieved" because he thought it might have gone the other way, and he would be seen in the wrong.

Cute story.

In actual fact, he was skewered from just about every angle imaginable, up to, and including the event itself.  Where he was booed by a room full of Guns N' Roses fans.

This does not suggest a man that is a slave to accuracy (or really, even reality) if it comes to a situation where he looks bad. 

Therefore, I have a hard time believing any film that he was behind would show him in anything but the most favorable of lights.  Even if you have to flat out make shit up to get there.

How do you know he didn't get a lot of support? (Rhetorical question)

The RRHOF is Jann Wenner's good ol' boys club, that they have convinced some of the gullible public is relevant and somewhat important. It is a circle jerk of massive proportions and corrupt, imo.

People always hate, and resent people they can't control, and people they can't be. Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2015, 10:46:43 AM »

How do you know he didn't get a lot of support? (Rhetorical question)

Because I saw the reaction.  Both in the room that night (a room of his own fans) and via several outlets where people spoke on it.  "Good for you, Axl!!" wasn't a thing that happened.

Now, if Jarmo, or you, or anyone else wants to jump trough a bunch of hoops to craft some scenario where his statement was true, you have at it.  Like how its wrong to infer he meant public reaction (which was all negative) and what he really meant was that his got the thumbs up from his own mailman and the guy at the deli counter.  I have no interest in that sort of rationalization, because its sillyness.

The simplest answer is often the right one.  Unless you don't like that answer, of course.  Then, we theorize.  Sometimes, to absurd lengths.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2015, 12:26:40 PM »

His own fans who paid to be there hoping to see a reunion of some sort.

For a person who loves to speculate a lot about matters you have limited knowledge of, for some reason that speculation is often one sided.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2015, 12:32:31 PM »

His own fans who paid to be there hoping to see a reunion of some sort.

Like was said earlier : some, not all. 

But all felt he could have sucked it up for a half hour.

For a person who loves to speculate a lot about matters you have limited knowledge of, for some reason that speculation is often one sided.

I speculate based on the reality of things.  If the reality I'm given is a grim one, not much I can do about that.

But its not on me to try and church it up.  Nor am I some bad fan if I don't feel the need to perpetually look for the good spin.  Who, exactly, am I trying to fool?  If I find Axl's spin to be a fantasy based on everything I see, why is it then incumbent on me to try and find some other scenario, any scenario, where if might, possibly, if you think about it...be true?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 12:38:33 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2015, 12:42:05 PM »

Like was said earlier : some, not all. 

But all felt he could have sucked it up for a half hour.

Of course they do! They wanted to see that reunion in some form. It's very simple.
Those of us who don't care, we weren't booing!  hihi

I speculate based on the reality of things.  If the reality I'm given is a grim one, not much I can do about that.

I don't think that's always the case.
I think you just choose to believe certain things.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2015, 01:06:39 PM »

I don't think that's always the case.
I think you just choose to believe certain things.

You seem to break things into 2 categories : good news, and how can we spin this as good news (or at the least, not bad news).

I don't share that desire.  Never have, never will. 

I'm not going to start throwing stuff out there that makes me look like a joke if I actually believe it, all for the grand payoff of being deemed a worthy fan by you, or anyone else.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2015, 01:21:58 PM »

No, but what I don't do is revel in bad news. And I know that whatever happens, there's a reason. Sometimes what you consider bad news is in the eye of the beholder.

/jarmo

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2015, 04:46:31 PM »

Now, if Jarmo, or you, or anyone else wants to jump trough a bunch of hoops to craft some scenario where his statement was true, you have at it. 

No hoops required Kiss

http://www.cnn.com/videos/bestoftv/2012/04/20/piers-morgan-only-in-america-in-defense-of-axl-rose.cnn

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2015, 04:55:37 PM »

Now, if Jarmo, or you, or anyone else wants to jump trough a bunch of hoops to craft some scenario where his statement was true, you have at it. 

No hoops required Kiss

http://www.cnn.com/videos/bestoftv/2012/04/20/piers-morgan-only-in-america-in-defense-of-axl-rose.cnn

1) He's right, that August 1991 Copenhagen show is awesome.

2) I don't disagree with him saying he's not shocked Axl didn't go.  I was shocked people thought he might.  Since when does he play ball?

3) But ultimately, this is one dude.  And one dude, "overwhelming support" does not make.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2015, 05:05:17 PM »

But ultimately, this is one dude.  And one dude, "overwhelming support" does not make.

Perhaps not overwhelming, but you nonetheless spent the past 2 pages going on about how Axl and his mailman were the only ones who supported him when in fact Piers Morgan - a fairly big deal in the journalism community - went on national television and vehemently defended Axl's decision.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2015, 05:11:42 PM »

But ultimately, this is one dude.  And one dude, "overwhelming support" does not make.

Perhaps not overwhelming, but you nonetheless spent the past 2 pages going on about how Axl and his mailman were the only ones who supported him when in fact Piers Morgan - a fairly big deal in the journalism community - went on national television and vehemently defended Axl's decision.

If that works for you, I'm not going to shit on it.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2015, 05:49:33 PM »

Classic.  hihi

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2015, 05:53:20 PM »

I wouldn't call one guy "overwhelming support". 

Then again, I wouldn't call a disgraced tabloid guy "a fairly big deal in the journalism community" either.

We seem to have something of a disconnect.  Simple as that.  Like I said, if both of those statements ring true to you, like I said, not gonna shit on it.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2015, 06:20:41 PM »

Of course they do! They wanted to see that reunion in some form.
Those of us who don't care, we weren't booing!

Not necessarily.  A lot of fans who attended the show might not have cared about the reunion either.  They booed Axl because he didn't care to show up at the Hall of Fame.  That's not the same thing as booing because there wasn't a reunion (even if a brief, podium reunion would've occurred).  The fans at the Hall of Fame paid money to see Guns N Roses inducted and the singer didn't show up.  That rubbed some people the wrong way.  They're entitled to feel that way.  It doesn't mean they're doing it strictly because they're reunion hounds.

And yes, I realized they didn't boo no-show Stradlin, but Izzy isn't Axl (meaning they're not equal in the public's perception of GNR), and Izzy didn't make a huge announcement on why he was refusing to attend.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2015, 06:22:48 PM »

Not necessarily.  A lot of fans who attended the show might not have cared about the reunion either.  They booed Axl because he didn't care to show up at the Hall of Fame.  That's not the same thing as booing because there wasn't a reunion (even if a brief, podium reunion would've occurred).  The fans at the Hall of Fame paid money to see Guns N Roses inducted and the singer didn't show up.  That rubbed some people the wrong way.  They're entitled to feel that way.  It doesn't mean they're doing it strictly because they're reunion hounds.

Precisely.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2015, 06:57:40 PM »

That's what I meant. They wanted Axl on stage with the majority of the old band at the same time.

The bought tickets hoping to see it, just like sports fans buy tickets and hope to see their team win. There's no guarantee though.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2015, 07:44:58 PM »

Frankly, it was a bad bet.   You were pretty much hoping went totally against convention.

If they had a beef, its that his initial statement didn't exactly shoot it down.  But, we've been fan of this guy 25 years.  Was there much chance he was going to show up and chill with his buddy Slash?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2015, 08:11:10 PM »

That's not the only issue. These people who run this organization are telling artists who's in and who's not. There's no clear guidelines.

Of course they would've loved the publicity if they had managed to reunite the old band for their event.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2015, 08:26:33 PM »

If I'd have bought tickets, I would only realistically expect the others.

If Axl showed up out of nowhere, hey, great.  But if that's why you bought tickets, you were foolish.

I could see not wanting to perform with the old guys, because his current band is dead in the water at that very moment.  Totally support his not wanting to play.  I can also get onboard not wanting to sit there and bullshit with a guy you CLEARLY have issues with.  Hey, fine.

But would it have killed him to arrive mid-show, wait backstage, come out and accept the award with the other guys...and then walk right offstage and out of the building?  Shit, you could have kept the car running if you wanted.

Wouldn't that have been a nice thing for the fans?  And at the same time, be some decent P.R. for Axl Rose, the difficult diva?

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2015, 01:26:39 AM »

Even KISS managed to show up together last year at the HOF, and there was bad mouthing old band members all way up to the event.

The "overwhelming support" is just a bad joke, twisted crap and nonsense in Axl's unrealistic view of the world.
stuff like that happens when concentrating (or being concentrated!) on a very few positive things only, but leaving out about all the other factors. to give an extreme analogy: you can say Hitler created lots of cool motorways and cared about over-polution  confused

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: