Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:34:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie  (Read 75313 times)
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 05:23:38 AM »

I wouldn?t be surprised if this plan to make a movie ends up in a lawsuit against Marc Canter.

I hope it does.

Why?

Because the idea sounds simply horrible to me and I wouldn't want something like this to be made. But that's just me.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 08:43:07 AM »

I thought the Jonny Cash movie was pretty good. Not sure how accurate it was or whatever, but I do remember hearing Jonny Cash music everywhere for a while after it came out.

That movie was excellent... they actually used Joaquin and Reese to sing the songs too... They trained for like a year.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 08:44:57 AM »

I wouldn?t be surprised if this plan to make a movie ends up in a lawsuit against Marc Canter.

I hope it does.

Why?

Because the idea sounds simply horrible to me and I wouldn't want something like this to be made. But that's just me.

I gotta admit... I dont see any way this turns out all that great...but I sure as hell want to see it regardless ha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 09:58:59 AM »

Even Slash has said in the past that this should be left alone...

I have a hard time seeing this coming to fruition.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 10:29:38 AM »

I'm unclear where the market would be for this thing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2014, 12:49:54 PM »

There is none.  Movies about bands or even with bands in them is such a niche market.  The only people who would see this are some of the super die hard fans. The casual fan or someone who isn't a fan of the band at all wouldn't go to this thing for free.  I wouldn't even go to this thing for free.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 01:07:20 PM »

There is none.  Movies about bands or even with bands in them is such a niche market.  The only people who would see this are some of the super die hard fans. The casual fan or someone who isn't a fan of the band at all wouldn't go to this thing for free.  I wouldn't even go to this thing for free.

The Doors and Walk the Line did alright.  So there's precedent and potential for it being the exception instead of the rule.  Personally, as low as my expectations would be for this thing, I couldn't not go see it. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 02:49:04 PM »

Those were BIG budget movies... if this got that kind of push.. I'm sure it would do just fine ...

Again it's just hard to do and I don't see it coming to fruition..... one of these guys cross the street and their is a lawsuit over it going both ways.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 02:52:55 PM »

Let me also say this about Marc...

I think he is a pretty naive about certain things...and I don't know why people ask him about Axl when they haven't spoken a word in like 8 years... so how would he know anything,  but I think he's genuine in that he is not trying to piss anybody off or use GNR to make a dollar... he really thinks he is doing the fanbase a service with all he does.

and his book was/is great.

If he does make a nice pay check from this movie... then all the power to him... I don't think he would be in the wrong... but he should also know that Axl will most definitely never deal with him again.

plus due to their friendship im sure Slash will at least support this in some way... so Axl never will

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 02:57:12 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 03:02:27 PM »

Those were BIG budget movies... if this got that kind of push.. I'm sure it would do just fine ...

Again it's just hard to do and I don't see it coming to fruition..... one of these guys cross the street and their is a lawsuit over it going both ways.

Doesn't the "based on a true story" disclaimer give directors broad license to represent (or misrepresent) any actual facts? 

As far as use of music, no way they get permission for that, but I think they would be legally allowed to have the actors perform the songs (which would be interesting) so long as the required ASCAP royalties are paid. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 03:26:37 PM »

Doesn't the "based on a true story" disclaimer give directors broad license to represent (or misrepresent) any actual facts? 

As far as use of music, no way they get permission for that, but I think they would be legally allowed to have the actors perform the songs (which would be interesting) so long as the required ASCAP royalties are paid. 

All the juicy stuff that has gone on with GNR happened way after... The story of them forming a band and getting a record deal which is what his book about is... that really a movie?

But yeah they certainly could take liberties with it...but we'd all know them.

Granted... we doubt this will see the light of day... but I'm surprised it's not being discussed to death yet... a major movie production based on Guns N Roses?

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 03:36:24 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Princess Leia
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 03:54:40 PM »

No, Marc has said that there won?t be a "based on". He will have a say on the script and also band members. They will have the right to review and change things if necessary. Look, all this in talk at this point nothing has been agreed yet. If the director, producer or whoever wants to make a cheese and full of cliche movie then it doesn?t look like there will be a deal to make it.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 04:09:07 PM »

No, Marc has said that there won?t be a "based on". He will have a say on the script and also band members. They will have the right to review and change things if necessary. Look, all this in talk at this point nothing has been agreed yet. If the director, producer or whoever wants to make a cheese and full of cliche movie then it doesn?t look like there will be a deal to make it.

If it ever gets that far, my guess is that Axl and Izzy would not take them up on the opportunity to review/change the script.  Just as they didn't want to contribute anything to the book.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 05:12:32 PM »

If it ever gets that far, my guess is that Axl and Izzy would not take them up on the opportunity to review/change the script.  Just as they didn't want to contribute anything to the book.

Yep.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 08:00:19 PM »

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-11-16/guns-n-roses-book-to-be-made-into-feature-film
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2014, 08:06:58 PM »

I thought the Jonny Cash movie was pretty good. Not sure how accurate it was or whatever, but I do remember hearing Jonny Cash music everywhere for a while after it came out.

That movie was excellent... they actually used Joaquin and Reese to sing the songs too... They trained for like a year.

This is very interesting. Could they actually find someone that resembles Axl and then train him to sing and perform the way he did? That sounds like a tough job! The way he looks and his voice are extremely unique.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 12:20:51 AM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2014, 07:43:40 AM »

Tom Cruise did an excellent vocal job in Rock Of Ages, his cover of Paradise City was quite impressive.

so I suppose it's possible. working with Axl's vocal coach is probably a plus...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2014, 03:43:16 PM »

I'll say one thing id pay every dollar I have to my name to be a fly in the room when Axl watches this thing for the first time haha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2014, 07:48:21 PM »

What's the thoughts on this? Who do you think they might cast?

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/nov/18/guns-n-roses-feature-film-marc-canter

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2014, 01:35:17 PM »

Terrible idea

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: