Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:24:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227783 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie  (Read 75253 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #340 on: May 05, 2015, 11:45:11 AM »

Take somebody like Marilyn Manson. You don't think Axl and GN'R influenced him in anyway?

I do not.  And I'm a pretty big Manson fan, so this is not just me being difficult.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=66
... Another song which Manson and band have covered for use on a future single is the equally controversial Guns ?n? Roses track ?One In A Million?, on which singer Axl Rose stated: ?Immigrants and faggots, they make no sense to me/They come to our country and spread some f**king disease?. The lyrics caused outrage back in ?88, so much so that Rose was forced to make an awkward public apology for the offense caused to America?s black and gay populations. Manson views the song - and the storm of protest which followed - with a wicked fascination.

"It?s interesting to me that Axl Rose would write a song like that and then back down in the press and not be able to defend his statement," he says. "If you?re going to have the balls to make that kind of statement, then you should be able to back it up. So I figure I?ll say it and then show him how it?s done properly. These people really don?t know how to do anything right!" Manson huffs. "I have to take up all their slack for them. I?m not doing it because I agree with their statements, but because someone needs to do it properly."

And if there is fresh outrage when your version of ?One In A Million? is released?

"Go bother Axl Rose, he f**king wrote the song!" Manson cackles. "It?s not my f**king problem!"

Also, Manson claims in his book that he introduced Axl to Charlie Manson's music or something like it. I think they could have influenced each other actually, although it's probably not in a big way.

Are we off topic or whay?  Tongue

Oh, hadn't noticed that this was in dead horse nor how inactive the thread had been since the last posts.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 12:34:43 PM by CheapJon » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: