Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:10:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie  (Read 75426 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2015, 05:51:17 PM »

Hi, just to go off topic a bit. Quick question, Why would a topic about the Reckless Road movie be in the Dead Horse section? Wouldn't the movie be about GNR? Just a question from a newbie not meant to cause any arguments.

Because it's one of those things that has been talked about for ages. "Who's gonna be Axl?", and so on and so on.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2015, 07:03:23 AM »

Marc is definitely an opportunist.  But I'd have the same amount of zero interest in a movie Axl "condoned or endorsed". 

Canter might just be peddling a tale of "remember when.." ("The lowest form of conversation" - Tony Soprano), but at least the stuff happened.  Axl's would be a fairy tale.

I share that view on Canter, but it is extra special that you can peek into people's minds online, and come to the conclusion "it would be a fairy tale".

I think Jarmo has summed you up nicely, "you think you know everything" (but you haven't  got a clue)  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2015, 08:36:56 AM »

I have never met him, but he really doesn't come off as a bad guy to me... maybe a little delusional I don't know, and obviously very hurt, so maybe he feels like he's getting revenge or whatever or trying to fix something...and if he is hoping for a reconciliation, that ship has most definitely sailed.

I don't feel like he's trying to make money off the GNR name... he seems to genuinely care

Remember he was  Axl's CLOSE friend....not a former employee of his. There is deep rooted stuff there.

But like I;ve said people who ask him questions on how Axl currently feels.... makes no sense... he wouldn't know

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2015, 09:08:19 AM »

I share that view on Canter, but it is extra special that you can peek into people's minds online, and come to the conclusion "it would be a fairy tale".

I think Jarmo has summed you up nicely, "you think you know everything" (but you haven't  got a clue)  Kiss

Well, here's what I do know.

Axl released a statement after not attending the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame thanking people for the "overwhelming support" he received for not going.  And how he was "relieved" because he thought it might have gone the other way, and he would be seen in the wrong.

Cute story.

In actual fact, he was skewered from just about every angle imaginable, up to, and including the event itself.  Where he was booed by a room full of Guns N' Roses fans.

This does not suggest a man that is a slave to accuracy (or really, even reality) if it comes to a situation where he looks bad. 

Therefore, I have a hard time believing any film that he was behind would show him in anything but the most favorable of lights.  Even if you have to flat out make shit up to get there.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2015, 02:05:16 PM »

Axl released a statement after not attending the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame thanking people for the "overwhelming support" he received for not going.  And how he was "relieved" because he thought it might have gone the other way, and he would be seen in the wrong.

Cute story.

Maybe he doesn't count people like yourself? Cheesy
Maybe he's not talking about fans of the old band who don't consider the band Guns N' Roses? Maybe their opinion doesn't matter to him?

Also, is it possible that Axl's response wasn't only based on what you know? Is it possible people reached out to him and supported his decision without you knowing this happened? Is it possible that you don't know this part?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2015, 02:59:33 PM »

Also, is it possible that Axl's response wasn't only based on what you know? Is it possible people reached out to him and supported his decision without you knowing this happened? Is it possible that you don't know this part?

Oh, no doubt.  Another case of the unverifiable that, wouldn't you know it, broke totally his way.  His middle name might as well be Fortuitous.

That press release was embarrassing and a total vacation from reality.  It read like any number of your posts around here, frankly.  Makes sense only if you shut your brain off.

He was not lauded or respected for it.  At best, people thought he could have sucked it up.  At worst, it was just another entry into the file that he doesn't play well with others.

Stop the madness.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2015, 05:16:45 PM »

The madness is you assuming that everybody disagreed with it because it fucked up your big plan for the reunion.

By the way, in case you forgot, both the guys who were there and started Guns N' Roses skipped the ceremony.

/jarmo

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2015, 06:48:40 PM »

Maybe he doesn't count people like yourself? Cheesy
Maybe he's not talking about fans of the old band who don't consider the band Guns N' Roses? Maybe their opinion doesn't matter to him?

What do you mean he isn't talking about all those folks?  The public that Axl addressed is indeed the public, which constitutes more than mere random, selective groups that conveniently support his side of the story.

Also, is it possible that Axl's response wasn't only based on what you know? Is it possible people reached out to him and supported his decision without you knowing this happened?

I'm sure people who knew him did reach out and support him.  Axl and his current band have got their fans and there is no disputing that.

But given the fact that Axl directed these statements to the public -- not to mention the fact that he stated outright that he expected the reaction to go the other way, and that he expected to deal with the fallout for months -- very strongly implies that he isn't talking strictly about his personal friends or people that only he personally would hear from.  He was obviously talking about the public in general, otherwise his references to them wouldn't have been so strong.

In both his original letter and follow up letters, Axl clearly indicates that he is aware of the negative channels of perception towards him (and that he contends with it), so it isn't logical to assume he only pays attention to personal, private messages that he got from his fans, his twitter, his facebook, or wherever.

In Axl's defense, he admitted that he didn't tune in to the Hall of Fame ceremony in 2012.  So perhaps he genuinely isn't aware that the entire crowd launched into a massive chorus of boos when Axl was announced.... and Billie Joe Armstrong didn't even recognize Axl by name!  He merely said, "now who am I missing...." and the crowd didn't hesitate to hurl catcalls Axl's way, to the point where Armstrong had to silence them multiple times before they stopped.

So yes, of course Axl has supporters that back him in his decision not to attend the Hall of Fame.  It was his own decision, and if he feels it was right for him, I say power to him.  But let's not kid ourselves and/or rewrite history and say that the general public reaction towards Axl was "overwhelmingly positive".
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:53:08 PM by Bridge » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2015, 07:19:49 PM »

What do you mean he isn't talking about all those folks?  The public that Axl addressed is indeed the public, which constitutes more than mere random, selective groups that conveniently support his side of the story.

The public is a pretty general term isn't it?

Sometimes when people say "fans", they actually might mean a specific group of people, like the people who go to the shows and spend money on tickets. Not the ones who stay at home complaining about the setlist. But both think of themselves as fans... Wink

So yes, of course Axl has supporters that back him in his decision not to attend the Hall of Fame.  It was his own decision, and if he feels it was right for him, I say power to him. 

There you go.

Nobody's rewriting history. Except that one guy who claimed Chinese was sold for $1.99 the week after its release... Wink

Just pointing out that there's always more to the picture than some either want to see, or can't see.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2015, 08:57:41 PM »

The madness is you assuming that everybody disagreed with it because it fucked up your big plan for the reunion.

Right, my big reunion plans.

Which is why I consistently say I'd want a new album from the current line-up more than anything, but would also roll with one done by the CD guys.

This is how I communicate my reunion desires.

As a bonus, I also mercilessly mock anyone and everyone that thought the HOF was going to lead to some Hollywood ending where they work it all out.  Lampoon them as complete fucking idiots living in fantasyland.

This is how I communicate my reunion desires.

It all adds up.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2015, 09:00:26 PM »

That none of us ever see or hear from.  Just take our man's word this is all happening.

A real fan wouldn't have to question it.

So yes, of course Axl has supporters that back him in his decision not to attend the Hall of Fame.  It was his own decision, and if he feels it was right for him, I say power to him.  But let's not kid ourselves and/or rewrite history and say that the general public reaction towards Axl was "overwhelmingly positive".

Exactly.  C'mon now.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2015, 09:04:04 PM »

Just pointing out that there's always more to the picture than some either want to see, or can't see.

Critical thinking involves surveying available evidence and forming a conclusion.

Not starting with a desired conclusion and then crafting a set of circumstances where it might be plausible.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2015, 09:31:42 PM »

Right, my big reunion plans.

You're saying the people who didn't agree with the decision did so because they didn't want that reunion?

Critical thinking involves surveying available evidence and forming a conclusion.

Funny how it often means ignoring things you don't want to hear/know...  hihi

Part of the conclusion could be that the so called available evidence is either misleading, bullshit or just not enough to form a proper conclusion. Now, I'm aware that none of this matters to you.
Also, other people might have other evidence to survey and therefore might come to different conclusions than someone such as yourself.  Cheesy

Not starting with a desired conclusion and then crafting a set of circumstances where it might be plausible.

I'm very critical of most of the things you say. See, critical thinking in action! Cheesy

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2015, 09:55:24 PM »

You're saying the people who didn't agree with the decision did so because they didn't want that reunion?

Some, but not all.

They are part of a smaller subset of a general public that felt like he could have sucked it up for 25-35 minutes of his life.  Not everyone that thought he looked bad not showing up wanted a reunion, but everyone that thought he looked bad showing up felt he was being a bit juvenile.

The main idea being that the reaction was not "overwhelmingly positive" by any means.

I'm very critical of most of the things you say. See, critical thinking in action! Cheesy

You are critical, sure.  But most of your counterarguemnts are nonsensical, and show a complete lack of critical thinking.

Everything starts from the same point : Axl is not in the wrong.  From there, we craft a scenario where that might make sense.

Example : The reaction to his not going to the HOF was not "overwhelmingly positive", as he claimed.

The Jarmospin :  "Ok, well...maybe he didn't mean the general public (yeah, OK).  Perhaps he meant he got support behind the scenes (yeah...behind the scenes, that works).  And just because you can't disprove that, you can't say it didn't happen.  (yeah, yeah, that's the ticket).  So, really...it actually does make sense. And no real fan would be questioning any of this."

But come on, man.  Is it really the end of the world to say Axl's statement was off base?  That's a big deal?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 11:27:53 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2015, 08:30:56 AM »

My belief is that I don't judge based on one side of the story. You on the other hand have no problem with this.

Usually when people write an open letter, it's from their point of view. If something appears to be positive and supportive to them, then who are you to say they're wrong because that's how it looks from your point of view?

I'm happy that you got one more thing you don't like about Axl on your list.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2015, 10:19:20 AM »

A little melodramatic there, Jarmo.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2015, 11:44:02 AM »

Common sense.

/jarmo

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2015, 04:28:18 PM »

so, after lots of "unseen" years i did see "Sick Of It All" last night and had a blast. they do have a very stable line up for like 20 years or so?
it makes it some extra special indeed, not that i didnt know it before, but that really was just the extra kick, seeing your old heroes in the same band still. and they really delivered a great show, too! no bad aging to be seen there.
its good not to concentrate on 1 band only.

back to topic:
i feel a nice documentary, not a movie with actors, would be the better solution when it comes to GN'R Pre-Appetite era. Marc Canter has all the footage and pics and still good connections. i'd be a first day buyer anyway. but do we get like Axl's permission in this? i really hope so! he blocks and sues anout everything having Slash in it, it makes me wonder if we ever can get out smth. great in video from that era (next to concert recordings)?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 07:31:10 PM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2015, 10:31:21 AM »

so, after lots of "unseen" years i did see "Sick Of It All" last night and had a blast. they do have a very stable line up for like 20 years or so?
it makes it some extra special indeed, not that i didnt know it before, but that really was just the extra kick, seeing your old heroes in the same band still. and they really delivered a great show, too! no bad aging to be seen there.
its good not to concentrate on 1 band only.

back to topic:
i feel a nice documentary, not a movie with actors, would be the better solution when it comes to GN'R Pre-Appetite era. Marc Canter has all the footage and pics and still good connections. i'd be a first day buyer anyway. but do we get like Axl's permission in this? i really hope so! he blocks and sues anout everything having Slash in it, it makes me wonder if we ever can get out smth. great in video from that era (next to concert recordings)?

Synch rights will be necessary to use GNR music in this purported "film".

Who thinks they will be granted?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2015, 10:32:54 AM »

Common sense.

So its "common sense" that rolling one's eyes as a laughable spin someone tries to put on an unfavorable situation means you don't like the guy?

Totally ridiculous.  

It just means you found his spin on that subject to be total foolishness.  Don't overthink it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: