Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:33:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie  (Read 75308 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2014, 05:04:39 PM »

Tom Cruise did an excellent vocal job in Rock Of Ages, his cover of Paradise City was quite impressive.

so I suppose it's possible. working with Axl's vocal coach is probably a plus...

Yeah, he did do a great job, but where's the rasp? That's really what does it for me. Maybe they will just digitally alter the voices or something if they can't find someone that is able to pull it off.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2014, 04:07:14 PM »

http://www.inquisitr.com/1640410/guns-n-roses-movie-is-christian-bale-the-right-fit-for-axl-rose/

Guns N? Roses Movie: Is Christian Bale The Right Fit For Axl Rose?

Guns N' Roses

With news that the story of Guns N? Roses is gong to get the full Hollywood treatment, all thoughts have turned in a serpentine manner to the actor who will play the role of Axl Rose. Is Christian Bale?s name slowly elbowing its way into the frame, one wonders?

If there?s any band who?ll make an entertaining movie adaptation, it?s Guns N? Roses. During the Appetite For Destruction era, it would have been nigh on impossible for any band to be any more cool, reckless, menacing, explosive, dynamic, and unique.

Like the four riders of the apocalypse, plus one, Axl, Slash, Izzy, and Duff strode into town with their trademark brand of bottled lightning, closely followed by Steven on the drums.

If rock n? roll had a look, Guns N? Roses were it. If rock n? roll had an attitude then they defined it, and if rock n? roll had a sound, Guns N? Roses owned it. With an effortless cool and ragged glory, the hell-raising outlaws scaled the highest peaks and entertained with the most elusive of epiphanies.

Guns-n-roses
Then, like anything touched by the hand of god or sense of infinite otherness, it didn?t last, and fell apart quicker than one of Slash?s solos. What was once raw and without compromise broke down in a very mundane, ignoble, and cliched manner.

By the time the Use Your Illusion era came crawling down the highway, the wheels had already started to fall off this rock n? roll juggernaut, as massive egos, frayed nerves, addictive personalities, a weary nihilism, and an indifferent approach all conspired to create a freak show without equal. A freak show that would eventually run its course and come to a grinding and unspectacular halt.

Yet, before their sad and slow decline, for the briefest of periods, Guns N? Roses ignited the world and one another, untouchable, unbounded, and complete.

So thankfully the Guns N? Roses biopic currently in development concentrates on the Appetite For Destruction era, when Axl and the band were mean, lean, and full of jumping beans and didn?t carry the bewildering botch, bloat, and baggage of their twilight years.

According to Billboard, the film will be adapted from Marc Canter?s 2008 biography of the band, Reckless Road: Guns N? Roses and the Making of Appetite for Destruction.

Spin reported that Canter has specifically stated that the forthcoming flick will not be a documentary, but it will be ?very detailed? with ?no short cuts.?

Posting to GNR?s message board, Canter outlined a few details, and told fans that in no uncertain terms the film is going to kick ass as well as revealing a few intriguing things about the film.

?I do have a big say so on the script which is still being put together now but so far looking cool. I am going to see that everyone in the cast is doing their job and doing justice to the band. Since I was there, I know what the dialog was between the band for many of the events that took place. When you find out who is making the movie, you will then understand that it will be very cool. I?m proud of all the hard work that was put into this project and it?s just going to KICK ASS! In no way will it be a cheesy movie like Rock Star. There really is such a great story here that even the outtakes will be great. The truth is a movie could be made just from Hell Tour alone which was only about a week or so long.?

Somewhat unsurprisingly, Axl Rose will not be involved with the film, but Canter has elaborated that Axl and the rest of the band will get to review the finished script ?and help fix things that are off a bit. The goal is to get it right.?

?As you all know Axl doesn?t support anything to do with the old band except playing their songs live. However I do think he will be happy with the fact that it will clear up some stories that have been said about him from those days that were told incompletely.?

The Guardian reports that Slash, however, has been much less enthusiastic.

?I don?t think rock n? roll translates in the movies,? he told the Belfast Telegraph earlier this year. ?I don?t think they really get the gritty vibe of what it?s like? [and] I would not like to see a Guns N? Roses biopic.?

Whether Slash, Axl, or anyone else who used to be in Guns n? Roses want to see the film go ahead, these things tend to have a life of their own, as Canter explained.

?In the end it?s just a cool story about five guys that got together in Los Angeles and put together great music and made it work and the reckless road that they traveled on the way.?

To date no one has been cast for the project but Canter has suggested they?ll probably expect to enlist some A-list actors.

A comment which has caused a great deal of speculation about who will fill the shoes of one of the greatest frontmen of all time ? Axl Rose.

Obviously, to play the Guns N? Roses singer, any actor would need to bring a certain amount of complexity, anger, paranoia, and wounded vulnerability to the table, as was well as carrying a tangible ?Fuck you? air about their person. Not an easy ask.

I think we can safely rule the likes of Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise out. Too old and too clean-cut. Robert Pattinson perhaps? Nowhere near enough edge or menace. How about Johnny Depp? Plausible in some alternate reality perhaps, but just a little too quirky. Can you just imagine the travesty that would be Captain Axl Sparrow?

What about Leonardo DiCaprio? The face just wouldn?t fit, I?m afraid. Jude Law? You?re kidding! Ryan Gosling then? Too cool and laconic. Plus, he was once a member of the Mickey Mouse club.

Ewan McGregor? Too charming. Well, who then? Christian Bale, that?s who. The actor who put the darkness into the Dark Knight carries a similar strain of intensity and aloofness as Axl and would have a definite edge over the entire flock of other famous thespians when it comes to playing the Guns n? Roses singer.

Both Axl and Bale are obsessive about what they do because they?ve long realized that the devil is always in the detail. Both are extremely guarded about their private lives, and above all, both are prone to full-blown and expletive rants in public. Remember Bale?s vicious and rambling ?Why the fuck you trashing my scene?? tirade on the set of the 2009 Terminator movie?

It?s not a million miles removed from Axl?s legendary onstage rants about Warren Beatty, Kurt Cobain, Metallica, and of course, parking attendants.

When Christian Bale recently revealed to Empire Magazine that upon hearing that Ben Affleck was taking over the role of the Caped Crusader, he just ?stopped and stared into nothing for half an hour,? you can just imagine that such neurosis is coming from pretty much the same place that led a young Axl to jump out of Slash?s car as it was speeding down the highway because he didn?t like what his lead guitarist was saying.

Just like in American Psycho, The Machinist, and The Fighter, Bale could have a career defining role in the new Guns N? Roses film. Whether this match made in Heaven ? or should that be Hell? ? will ever take place is another story.

Right! Now we?ve got the casting for Axl Rose sorted, let?s move onto Slash. Ideas anyone?

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1640410/guns-n-roses-movie-is-christian-bale-the-right-fit-for-axl-rose/#W3ci2SVSgGyehZ73.99

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1640410/guns-n-roses-movie-is-christian-bale-the-right-fit-for-axl-rose/#DxyByLX1rbFx9vA4.99
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 04:14:33 PM by Bridge » Logged
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2014, 04:10:55 PM »

My personal opinion on the matter is the following: knowing Axl I wouldn?t be surprised if this plan to make a movie ends up in a lawsuit against Marc Canter.

Unless this movie blatantly slanderous and/or involves song rights that aren't cleared, there is nothing Axl can do legally.  Like it or not, Axl (and Steven, Slash, Izzy, and Duff) is a public figure.  This movie won't be breaking the law any more than one of the trillion "unauthorized" GNR videos that have been released over the years.  And it can't be any worse, regardless of whether people want to see the movie or not.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2014, 10:46:57 AM »

There is now supposedly a script and a director.

Should be real soon before we get some announcements... should make for some interesting message board drama

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2014, 01:17:32 PM »

Unless this winds up being a big budget thing with decent names attached, I'm not sure Axl would care.

Well, he'll still care on some level, but that's blunted if this is some under the radar thing no one notices.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2014, 06:56:32 PM »

I would prefer to see it on HBO.

In something like a 6 part mini-series, dealing from the start of the band on the 80s, up until present day
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2014, 06:59:28 PM »

In something like a 6 part mini-series, dealing from the start of the band on the 80s, up until present day

Not sure there is demand for something on that scale.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2014, 10:36:54 PM »

Not sure there is demand for something on that scale.

Oh I agree I don't think the demand is there for something of the scale I am thinking.   However, it's just what I want, not what I think would be the best for buisness or what they could actually do
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2014, 11:57:59 PM »

God damn that would be so cool.  drool

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2014, 08:50:51 AM »

I just don't think the story is that interesting ....ha

Like 5 guys met in LA did a lot of heroine ..banged some strippers and made a record...and after like a year of being out it caught steam... is that really a movie?

Of course i will see it opening night because I love that band ...but is it a big budget movie? ha i dont kow

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2014, 09:28:31 AM »

Like 5 guys met in LA did a lot of heroine ..banged some strippers and made a record...and after like a year of being out it caught steam... is that really a movie?

Of course i will see it opening night because I love that band ...but is it a big budget movie? ha i dont kow

Completely agree.  This is some pretty thin source material.

Kurt Cobain tends to get nothing but hate on GNR boards for obvious reasons, be he had a quote about Axl Rose I always found interesting, and one that might apply to his fans too.

"There is nothing interesting about Axl Rose.  There has always been an Axl Rose in rock.  Nothing that happens to him is new or different, its just seems that way to him because its happening to him."

I think the point that hardcore fans can sometimes over value things is a valid one.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2014, 10:16:33 AM »

Kurt Cobain tends to get nothing but hate on GNR boards for obvious reasons, be he had a quote about Axl Rose I always found interesting, and one that might apply to his fans too.

"There is nothing interesting about Axl Rose.  There has always been an Axl Rose in rock.  Nothing that happens to him is new or different, its just seems that way to him because its happening to him."

I think the point that hardcore fans can sometimes over value things is a valid one.

I hate Kurt Cobain....lol ... Axl was an easy target for him to go after...Axl made himself that tho with the rants, the riots, the supermodel gf.. he fit the casting for the rockstar to a T

Marc Canter has this fantasy that the beginnings of the band was a magical time because he grew up with them...but it really isn't

truthfully by many accounts the original GNR isnt filled with a good group of guys...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2014, 01:21:27 PM »

Marc Canter has this fantasy that the beginnings of the band was a magical time because he grew up with them...but it really isn't

It's a fairly unremarkable story.

Once they hit, getting so big so fast, that's kind of interesting.  But the days of them playing the Cathouse?  I dunno.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2014, 06:57:22 PM »

What's with Cobain's quote? Axl is a very interesting person. I see him as a high intelligence Jim Morrison type that survived the initial phases of becoming a super famous rock star. If Jim was still around today people might not talk about him in the same way. He could very well be just another aging rock star. If Axl died say in the midst of the UYI tours he may have been an even bigger legend than Kurt Goblam or Jimbo.

Before anyone goes bitching about me comparing Axl to Jim: Danny Sugerman (a person that was very close to Jim, the writer of "No One Here Gets Out Alive") said that he felt Axl was the next sort of incarnation of the Dionysian spirit that once inhabited Jim. Even that one guy that worked for Geffen and got the band signed (his name escapes me at the moment) said the first time he encountered Axl he got a real Jim Morrison kind of vibe from him. I don't believe in reincarnation or anything like that but I do think the two men are rather similar and interesting.

I don't think there's a lack of amusing stories to tell. Lots of interesting characters to be portrayed as far as I can see from the books I've read. The market for old guns is still huge so I think many people will go see it if it's actually a high budget Hollywood type thing. I can see why Axl isn't interested in being involved but if he was that would definitely make it all the more awesome. He could get some of his movie star admirers on board, give vocal lessons and advice to the person playing him in the film, and let us fans in on more of his perspective in the overall scheme of GNR. I think it has the potential to be a great movie. It may not turn out that way though, can't really say at this point.

But y'know, I always kinda figured they would have waited till Axl and or Slash died to make a movie like this. Anyway it will probably be a trip for the band members to watch Hollywood portray them on screen if it's actually a high budget big deal thing and not some dainty unknown thing that flies under everyone's radar.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:46:52 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

Princess Leia
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2014, 01:33:54 PM »

I hate Kurt Cobain....lol ... Axl was an easy target for him to go after...Axl made himself that tho with the rants, the riots, the supermodel gf.. he fit the casting for the rockstar to a T

truthfully by many accounts the original GNR isnt filled with a good group of guys...

I don?t hate him but he was promoting himself by talking about Axl. And I think he was an hypocrat. He was always saying he was antistablishment when he never was. All those Seatle bands pretending to be anti 80s. Their music and image to some extend was but not their lifestyle.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2014, 02:44:10 PM »

Guns has a really interesting story, but the most interesting part  for me is anything 1989-2009

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2014, 05:17:52 PM »

It's a fairly unremarkable story.

Once they hit, getting so big so fast, that's kind of interesting.  But the days of them playing the Cathouse?  I dunno.

So if they decide to skip my hbo idea dealing with the band from beginning to its current state then they will have to go with this idea

The story of the band from beginning to the break up and fall of the band   Ending with duff leaving. 

Where I agree that a lot of the source material may be week, or nothing special.  The story will have to be about the characters.  If there is strong enough actors representing these artisits that were truely over the top characters then you will have a great movie   

Nirvana sucks btw
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2014, 06:23:45 PM »

Problem with taking this past when they first hit and through the break-up, you are going to have to put in a number of scenes that show Axl acting like a dick towards the end.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2014, 06:37:05 PM »

Problem with taking this past when they first hit and through the break-up, you are going to have to put in a number of scenes that show Axl acting like a dick towards the end.

Well I am sure there would be moments close to the break up where all the members are acting like dicks...

I could take Axls side, when it comes to dealing with drunks and junkies..   Unless, you are a drunk/junkie hanging out with these type of people sure can be tough.   Hard to do sober, just me.   And all reports are that Axl was pretty sober around this time, with the other band members pretty messed up.  In recent picks and stories from the last Guns N Roses tour, it looks like Axl is actually partying and enjoying himself now more. 

But I don't think there is anything wrong with showing the band as dicks or assholes.  I am sure they all were at times.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2014, 06:44:51 PM »

I could take Axls side, when it comes to dealing with drunks and junkies..   Unless, you are a drunk/junkie hanging out with these type of people sure can be tough.   Hard to do sober, just me.   And all reports are that Axl was pretty sober around this time, with the other band members pretty messed up. 

When he gave the speech at the Stones show, I was only 12.  Couldn't really appreciate it.

Once I got older, and was exposed to drinking and drug use, I finally saw his point.  Because just like you say, its sucks balls being the lone sober guy in a room full of fuck-ups.  I totally understood his frustration.

Thing I could never get though?  Once Adler sees where the speech is going, why not start in with the drums and cut him off?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: