Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:37:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie  (Read 74578 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2014, 06:54:54 PM »

I could take Axls side, when it comes to dealing with drunks and junkies..   Unless, you are a drunk/junkie hanging out with these type of people sure can be tough.   Hard to do sober, just me.   And all reports are that Axl was pretty sober around this time, with the other band members pretty messed up. 

When he gave the speech at the Stones show, I was only 12.  Couldn't really appreciate it.

Once I got older, and was exposed to drinking and drug use, I finally saw his point.  Because just like you say, its sucks balls being the lone sober guy in a room full of fuck-ups.  I totally understood his frustration.

Thing I could never get though?  Once Adler sees where the speech is going, why not start in with the drums and cut him off?

I posted a great interview by Slash, over in his section, that I just listened to the other day.  He talks about these Stones shows and has a few really great stories regarding them, some of them actually are not to flattering to Slash himself.  He does talk about how pissed Axl was, because at the first show the band was so fucked up that they couldn't even play.  He says that he(slash), played the whole show with his back turned to the crowed facing his amp and that the rest of the band, sucked..  Axl, then said to management to let Slash know that if Slash didn't apologize to the crowd the next night he would walk out..   Sure he was serious...  So again, I say if anyone was to cut Axl off, he would of just left.   And I don't blame him.   

Funny story Slash had regarding the show.  All the band and the stones grabbed a group photo, the only one missing was Slash.  Who said he was too busy to take the photo cause he was shooting up smack in his car after the show.

Thing is, if you look at all sort of band/artists   Some of the best music ever written was done while the artist was a junkie.   Seems once people do sober up, a lot of them loose there creative spark
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2014, 07:04:48 PM »

I posted a great interview by Slash, over in his section, that I just listened to the other day.  He talks about these Stones shows and has a few really great stories regarding them, some of them actually are not to flattering to Slash himself.  He does talk about how pissed Axl was, because at the first show the band was so fucked up that they couldn't even play.  He says that he(slash), played the whole show with his back turned to the crowed facing his amp and that the rest of the band, sucked..  Axl, then said to management to let Slash know that if Slash didn't apologize to the crowd the next night he would walk out..   Sure he was serious...  So again, I say if anyone was to cut Axl off, he would of just left.   And I don't blame him. 

I'd agree.

I'm never one to tell someone to not drink, not do drugs, or any of that.  You just have to be able to maintain.  So long as you can still do the work, no worries.  If the work suffers, no good.

To me, that's what got Steven tossed.  He couldn't do the work.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2014, 07:11:42 PM »

I'd agree.

I'm never one to tell someone to not drink, not do drugs, or any of that.  You just have to be able to maintain.  So long as you can still do the work, no worries.  If the work suffers, no good.

To me, that's what got Steven tossed.  He couldn't do the work.

Well I think that is one reason he got tossed...  I am sure there is more to it and a reason he won a lawsuit against the band...   But all you get with a junkie with money, is a junkie with more drugs.   We have all heard those reports of his horrible playing on the civil war recordings... 

My personal view on those things is, anything is fine in moderation, just don't get hooked on shit   Have will power.   That goes for anything though.  From drugs to cheeseburgers....
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2014, 08:50:06 PM »

I could take Axls side, when it comes to dealing with drunks and junkies..   Unless, you are a drunk/junkie hanging out with these type of people sure can be tough.   Hard to do sober, just me.   And all reports are that Axl was pretty sober around this time, with the other band members pretty messed up. 

When he gave the speech at the Stones show, I was only 12.  Couldn't really appreciate it.

Once I got older, and was exposed to drinking and drug use, I finally saw his point.  Because just like you say, its sucks balls being the lone sober guy in a room full of fuck-ups.  I totally understood his frustration.

Thing I could never get though?  Once Adler sees where the speech is going, why not start in with the drums and cut him off?

Thing is, if you look at all sort of band/artists   Some of the best music ever written was done while the artist was a junkie.   Seems once people do sober up, a lot of them loose there creative spark

I agree that drugs can really help make good Rock and Roll. Part of the reason Japanese R n R doesn't seem to cut it for me is that you can hear the obedience in it, even when it's really heavy stuff. Sure, the bands are always really well organized, they play their instruments great, I'm sure everyone practices a lot, but there's usually no edge and definitely no "trippy" quality to it. It's either too poppy and tame or sounds like music from Castlevania or something. The drug penalties are really heavy in Japan and most people think that marijuana is just as bad as heroin, lots of ridiculous anti drug propaganda going around there. When I want to let one of my Japanese friends know that I smoke weed, I always have to ease into it. It generally just scares the shit out of them.

And no doubt if Adler cut Axl off, Axl would have got the fuck out of there.

As far as the movie goes, the thing that I find the most interesting about Axl (his voice) may not end up getting too big of a role. Y'know, I would like to see how he found his voice and how it works. Kind of like in a superhero movie how they go into their powers/abilities and stuff, I'd like to see some of that but with Axl's voice.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 09:45:34 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2014, 07:43:29 PM »

no doubt if Adler cut Axl off, Axl would have got the fuck out of there.

I agree.  Besides, much like the rest of the band, Steven was caught totally off guard and couldn't have reacted quickly, especially since the speech isn't very long.  I have the 10/18/89 bootleg with that speech.  Interestingly, the show doesn't sound anywhere near as bad as the band members say it was.  But they have their perspective....
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2014, 11:48:55 AM »

no doubt if Adler cut Axl off, Axl would have got the fuck out of there.

I agree.  Besides, much like the rest of the band, Steven was caught totally off guard and couldn't have reacted quickly, especially since the speech isn't very long.  I have the 10/18/89 bootleg with that speech.  Interestingly, the show doesn't sound anywhere near as bad as the band members say it was.  But they have their perspective....

I agree.

I have all 4 shows.  And I think the 3rd of the 4 nights (10.21.89) is the best one, but that first show is not a bad one.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2015, 07:57:11 AM »

A Guns N Roses movie?  Fuckin lame.  Also, am I the only one who doesn't give a fuck about how "Appetite For Destruction" got made anymore?  It's 2014.  The story has been told ad nauseum for the past 27 years.  Who gives a shit about lyrics on  the back of a pizza box, recorded sex acts in "Rocket Queen"  or any of the other thousand stories we have heard at this point?  We got it.

Also this dude claims to have Axl's back while at the same time dropping this line which seems like a not too subtle insult.
"Axl doesn't support anything to do with the old band except playing their songs live."  Roll Eyes

I'm  not a fan of Canter, I hope this never sees the light of day.

And as for that last statement it isnt "their" music, it is music Axl helped to write and create.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2015, 09:28:00 AM »

A Guns N Roses movie?  Fuckin lame.  Also, am I the only one who doesn't give a fuck about how "Appetite For Destruction" got made anymore?  It's 2014.  The story has been told ad nauseum for the past 27 years.  Who gives a shit about lyrics on  the back of a pizza box, recorded sex acts in "Rocket Queen"  or any of the other thousand stories we have heard at this point?  We got it.

Also this dude claims to have Axl's back while at the same time dropping this line which seems like a not too subtle insult.
"Axl doesn't support anything to do with the old band except playing their songs live."  Roll Eyes

And as for that last statement it isnt "their" music, it is music Axl helped to write and create.

Whats wrong with Marc Canter? him talking about GNR offends your delicate sensibilities? : )

Are you a Guns N Roses fan?... because I am... and because of that i'd be interested to see what is presented...I seriously doubt it would be a "good" movie... but i still would be very interested to see what comes of it.

I'm not opposed to it just because I think Axl probably doesn't approve.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:34:32 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2015, 11:25:34 AM »

There is your disconnect.

I don't even blame Axl, really.  He obviously gives no fucks about any sort of reunion or reliving the glory days.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2015, 04:49:30 AM »

Does Canter really have any fans, per say?  hahaha..

U have eaten at the Canters Deli, in the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas.  and I must tell you the cake there is to die for!  Nothing better than a grill cheese and double chocolate cake in vegas at 3am.   lol, oh ya there is way more better things there..  But it was still good.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2015, 01:03:31 PM »

Whats wrong with Marc Canter? him talking about GNR offends your delicate sensibilities? : )

Are you a Guns N Roses fan?... because I am... and because of that i'd be interested to see what is presented...I seriously doubt it would be a "good" movie... but i still would be very interested to see what comes of it.

More stupid comments, why am I not surprised?

Don't know how delicate your sensibilities are, but my sensibilities are based on common sense.

I think deli boy has ridden the coat tails of GNR long enough, he hasn't had any contact in years but yet there he is answering questions about current GNRs.

Optioning is by no stretch of the imagination a guarantee that a movie will be made, I hope it never is.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2015, 01:10:10 PM »

Does Canter really have any fans, per say?  hahaha..

U have eaten at the Canters Deli, in the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas.  and I must tell you the cake there is to die for!  Nothing better than a grill cheese and double chocolate cake in vegas at 3am.   lol, oh ya there is way more better things there..  But it was still good.

He seems to have a little crowd of synchophants gathered around him in his netherworld.

I've eaten at Canter's in LA at the insistence of friends, wasn't really impressed at the food or the cleanliness.

"Shut the fuck up."
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2015, 02:07:28 PM »

Yeah, piss on Marc Canter, right?  Roll Eyes

He gave us "Reckless Road" book, which is so unique that it should get some form of Nobel Prize in music (related) business. He is a true and honest(!) source for classic (pre-)AFD GN'R times and, wuuhuhuu evil Marc is communicating with fans nearly on a daily basis about exact that era Axl kinda works on to erase from his life. There is hardly any other way to get information about! And, believe it or not, there are still armys of fans of THAT era!

edit:
communicating with fans nearly on a daily basis
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:25:05 PM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2015, 04:16:33 PM »

Don't know how delicate your sensibilities are, but my sensibilities are based on common sense.

I think deli boy has ridden the coat tails of GNR long enough, he hasn't had any contact in years but yet there he is answering questions about current GNRs.

Optioning is by no stretch of the imagination a guarantee that a movie will be made, I hope it never is.

I honestly hope the movie gets made just to piss you off.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2015, 04:17:43 PM »

He gave us "Reckless Road" book, which is so unique that it should get some form of Nobel Prize in music (related) business. He is a true and honest(!) source for classic (pre-)AFD GN'R times and, wuuhuhuu evil Marc is communicating with fans nearly on a daily basis about exact that era Axl kinda works on to erase from his life. There is hardly any other way to get information about! And, believe it or not, there are still armys of fans of THAT era!

edit:

I think him answering questions about how Axl currently feels is quite silly... he wouldn't know...

But like you said... stories about old GNR... he's a great source.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2015, 04:02:39 PM »

edit:

Who cares if a deli owner talks to fans on an online forum about someone he used to communicate with in the past?

He has no right nor approval to be flapping his pie hole about any current GNR biz.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2015, 04:06:24 PM »

I honestly hope the movie gets made just to piss you off.

That's  what we need, a crap movie about GNRs, that isn't condoned nor endorsed.

It isn't Canter's story to tell, he needs to stick to his fascinating deli business. I'm  sure a Motza ball movie would be fascinating.

What a grandstanding leech he is. rant

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2015, 04:29:14 PM »

Marc is definitely an opportunist.  But I'd have the same amount of zero interest in a movie Axl "condoned or endorsed". 

Canter might just be peddling a tale of "remember when.." ("The lowest form of conversation" - Tony Soprano), but at least the stuff happened.  Axl's would be a fairy tale.

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2015, 05:39:21 PM »

Hi, just to go off topic a bit. Quick question, Why would a topic about the Reckless Road movie be in the Dead Horse section? Wouldn't the movie be about GNR? Just a question from a newbie not meant to cause any arguments.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2015, 05:47:19 PM »

Hi, just to go off topic a bit. Quick question, Why would a topic about the Reckless Road movie be in the Dead Horse section? Wouldn't the movie be about GNR? Just a question from a newbie not meant to cause any arguments.

It's from the old time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: