Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:19:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie  (Read 75257 times)
Princess Leia
« Reply #320 on: January 29, 2015, 04:46:09 PM »

He just said that. "I thank all the line ups" Well he made a little speech with thank yous all around. And all the line ups were part of it. You can see the whole thing on YouTube.

He was having a good time that day. Having Duff touring with him did reallly pay off  Smiley
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #321 on: January 29, 2015, 10:58:29 PM »

So who picks the presenters to the award winners at the RRHF?

Is it the artists or the hall?  Or a combo?

I think Green Day was a silly choice, they seemed to like guns, but where pretty ignorant to Axl.

Alice cooper, Steven Tyler Joe Perry, Tom Petty, The Stones, Many other choices out there
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #322 on: January 30, 2015, 10:42:01 AM »

So who picks the presenters to the award winners at the RRHF?

Is it the artists or the hall?  Or a combo?

I think Green Day was a silly choice, they seemed to like guns, but where pretty ignorant to Axl.

Alice cooper, Steven Tyler Joe Perry, Tom Petty, The Stones, Many other choices out there

I think the museum picks the presenter...

I might be wrong about this one, but I think often times they choose presenters who came AFTER the artist being inducted, almost like the young guy on the block paying homage...

I might be off on that, just seems that way sometimes. (VR inducting VH as one other example)

EDIT: Duh moment by me... Axl inducting Elton john as another prime example
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 10:51:42 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #323 on: January 30, 2015, 10:49:14 AM »

Yes, often they choose somebody who was inspired by the artists/band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #324 on: January 30, 2015, 11:04:01 AM »

Which makes Green Day an odd choice.

But, to be honest, who came along after GNR that you can say was inspired by them?  Its a short list, bordering on non-existent.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #325 on: January 30, 2015, 11:08:49 AM »

But, to be honest, who came along after GNR that you can say was inspired by them?  Its a short list, bordering on non-existent.

True... there aren't many bands in a similar mode since them.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #326 on: January 30, 2015, 11:13:21 AM »

They just came along at a weird time.  Right when Nirvana changed the game.

Most kids growing up in the 90s, who would form bands that came later, were taught that bands like GNR were not cool.  And it was cooler to take the stage in the clothes you were in at the time and not have any sort of stage show or "rock star" schtick.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #327 on: January 30, 2015, 11:34:31 AM »

They just came along at a weird time.  Right when Nirvana changed the game.

Most kids growing up in the 90s, who would form bands that came later, were taught that bands like GNR were not cool.  And it was cooler to take the stage in the clothes you were in at the time and not have any sort of stage show or "rock star" schtick.

I really wish Cobain didn't kill himself.... we wouldn't be subject to endless Nirvana worshipping.

Pearl Jam, STP and Soundgarden are all 100 times better than Nirvana ever was.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #328 on: January 30, 2015, 11:45:19 AM »

I really wish Cobain didn't kill himself.... we wouldn't be subject to endless Nirvana worshipping.

I am the rare GNR fan that not only doesn't reflexively hate Nirvana, but actually like them quite a bit.

I also find Pearl Jam to be the far superior band, but they didn't make the impact Nirvana did.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #329 on: January 30, 2015, 11:48:44 AM »

I am the rare GNR fan that not only doesn't reflexively hate Nirvana, but actually like them quite a bit.

I also find Pearl Jam to be the far superior band, but they didn't make the impact Nirvana did.

Yeah but don't you think thats because he's dead... IF it had been Eddie and not Kurt... i think it would be opposite in terms of impact.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #330 on: January 30, 2015, 11:52:48 AM »

Yeah but don't you think thats because he's dead... IF it had been Eddie and not Kurt... i think it would be opposite in terms of impact.

Yes and no.

The band was pretty much broken up when he died.  There wasn't any more Nirvana stuff coming out.

And he'd have gotten weird and maybe released some goofy solo thing that didn't resonate with anyone.

But he'd always have those few prime years where he turned things on their head.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #331 on: January 30, 2015, 12:39:35 PM »

Just because a band doesn't sound or look like GN'R, doesn't mean they weren't influenced by them.

Take somebody like Marilyn Manson. You don't think Axl and GN'R influenced him in anyway?
GN'R doesn't get the credit a band like Nirvana gets for "changing the music world". But if you remember how things were back in the mid- to late 1980s, it wasn't that exciting before GN'R came along. Bands like Bon Jovi, Def Leppard... Safe radio pop rock.

It would be interesting to see how many bands have members who own a GN'R album. Or artists. And what impact it had on them, or their careers. Then you'd see the real influence.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #332 on: January 30, 2015, 12:49:19 PM »

Yes and no.

The band was pretty much broken up when he died.  There wasn't any more Nirvana stuff coming out.

And he'd have gotten weird and maybe released some goofy solo thing that didn't resonate with anyone.

But he'd always have those few prime years where he turned things on their head.

There's no denying the impact that Nirvana had on rock music at that time, I know I was very much into them back then.  I don't think Cobain's death made him an icon, but rather the iconic status he had at the time became permanent once he died.   I don't think that would have lasted had he lived, much in the way I don't think their music has lasted (at least for me it hasn't; every single song was the 'go from really low to really loud' gimmick).  I never listen to them anymore.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #333 on: January 30, 2015, 02:10:17 PM »

Just because a band doesn't sound or look like GN'R, doesn't mean they weren't influenced by them.

Take somebody like Marilyn Manson. You don't think Axl and GN'R influenced him in anyway?
GN'R doesn't get the credit a band like Nirvana gets for "changing the music world". But if you remember how things were back in the mid- to late 1980s, it wasn't that exciting before GN'R came along. Bands like Bon Jovi, Def Leppard... Safe radio pop rock.

It would be interesting to see how many bands have members who own a GN'R album. Or artists. And what impact it had on them, or their careers. Then you'd see the real influence.

/jarmo

I agree with this totally, but what bands/artists have come out and said gnr were a huge influence on them growing up

I am racking my brain trying to think of some.   You think you have the most iconic front man and the most iconic lead guitarist of all time, surely someone would be there

Fergie?  Lol

Buck cherry?

On the Brit side and this is stretching it as my memory isn't what it used to be, but it's still worth more than $1.99

I remember Noel Gallagher from oasis saying he was a huge fan (inspired) lol, and also I remember the lead guy in cold play saying the same
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #334 on: January 30, 2015, 03:48:11 PM »

/jarmo

I agree with this totally, but what bands/artists have come out and said gnr were a huge influence on them growing up

I am racking my brain trying to think of some.   You think you have the most iconic front man and the most iconic lead guitarist of all time, surely someone would be there

Fergie?  Lol

Buck cherry?

On the Brit side and this is stretching it as my memory isn't what it used to be, but it's still worth more than $1.99

I remember Noel Gallagher from oasis saying he was a huge fan (inspired) lol, and also I remember the lead guy in cold play saying the same

Yeah... I mean Kurt Cobain might be the only person in history to not like GNR  Grin

I know its fashionable to knock Slash for playing with Fergie... but I think shes a good rock singer ... not bad to look at it either...that's just me.

Richard has played with a couple of female pop stars too ... don't see what the big deal is.

Speaking of crossovers.... Joe Perry did a song with Nelly... I think it's called "One" ... I used to love that track.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 03:51:03 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #335 on: January 30, 2015, 05:53:59 PM »

/jarmo

Fergie?  Lol

Buck cherry?

Yeah... I mean Kurt Cobain might be the only person in history to not like GNR  Grin

I know its fashionable to knock Slash for playing with Fergie... but I think shes a good rock singer ... not bad to look at it either...that's just me.

Richard has played with a couple of female pop stars too ... don't see what the big deal is.

Speaking of crossovers.... Joe Perry did a song with Nelly... I think it's called "One" ... I used to love that track.

Fergie is sexy and in her prime she was one party animal.  Nothing hotter in a chick than one that can party hard!

Cross overs are great and a great way to brings fans from both markets into the fold

Slash seemed for a while to play for anyone who called though, even though most did turn out good
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #336 on: February 02, 2015, 10:04:14 AM »

I do not.  And I'm a pretty big Manson fan, so this is not just me being difficult.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #337 on: February 02, 2015, 10:05:10 AM »

I can't think of one. 

I actually thought that would hurt their HOF chances.  Lack of influence.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #338 on: February 02, 2015, 12:05:22 PM »

I do not.  And I'm a pretty big Manson fan, so this is not just me being difficult.

I wasn't talking musically influenced.

/jarmo

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #339 on: March 30, 2015, 09:28:56 PM »

A7X have cited Guns and Axl in particular as a huge influence on them.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: