Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:50:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 256646 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #800 on: August 01, 2015, 10:21:07 PM »

So now the jays are putting velencia and carrera on waivers.   I don't get this in the least.   They couldn't trade them at the dead line for cash or a week prospect.  Now they have to give them up for free.   I hope someone in the NL picks up Danny.  Cause his bat may come back to bite us
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #801 on: August 01, 2015, 10:24:26 PM »

Well the Mets have done what they've needed to do in the first two games. The NL East has now gotten very interesting.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #802 on: August 02, 2015, 10:09:01 AM »

So now the jays are putting velencia and carrera on waivers.   I don't get this in the least.   They couldn't trade them at the dead line for cash or a week prospect.  Now they have to give them up for free.   I hope someone in the NL picks up Danny.  Cause his bat may come back to bite us

Waivers? Of dfa?

Waivers doesn't mean free...it means if someone claims them, the jays have 48 hours to make a deal with that team, or pull the player off waivers. If they clear waivers, it means they can make a deal with anyone.

Dfa means free...or minor league assignment.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #803 on: August 02, 2015, 01:26:40 PM »

Waivers? Of dfa?

Waivers doesn't mean free...it means if someone claims them, the jays have 48 hours to make a deal with that team, or pull the player off waivers. If they clear waivers, it means they can make a deal with anyone.

Dfa means free...or minor league assignment.

Dfa.   And not even waiting. The 10 day window that you get    To place the guy.   Jays have said they will be both on waivers tomorrow.    Free

I don't get it
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #804 on: August 02, 2015, 01:32:43 PM »

Let's go jays!!!!

Kc just nailed Donaldson with a high fast ball

Good thing dicky is pitching for us.  So he can pay that back!!  Hahahahaha.  Jk

Go jays
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #805 on: August 02, 2015, 03:17:18 PM »

Just booked my trip to Toronto sept 25th.  Will be there for 4 nights seeing 3 games against Tampa.  Only in Canada is it more expensive for me to fly and stay in Toronto than my last trip to Seattle haha.  Oh well. Go jays!!!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #806 on: August 02, 2015, 03:20:33 PM »

Just booked my trip to Toronto sept 25th.  Will be there for 4 nights seeing 3 games against Tampa.  Only in Canada is it more expensive for me to fly and stay in Toronto than my last trip to Seattle haha.  Oh well. Go jays!!!

Now to book my tickets for the game

I haven't been to a jays game in Toronto since I was 15.   20 years ago.   Where to sit. 

Third baseline is always a good choice.    But I sure like sitting in shallow field.    We're I can heckle lol
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #807 on: August 02, 2015, 04:17:45 PM »

What a game!

Worst ump ever!

Jays win the series against kc

Can't wait to see them in the playoffs. 

Bench clearing today. 

Great baseball.!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #808 on: August 02, 2015, 04:33:59 PM »

I briefly saw them talking about the benches clearing on MLB Network. What happened exactly?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #809 on: August 02, 2015, 05:04:11 PM »

I briefly saw them talking about the benches clearing on MLB Network. What happened exactly?
Worst ump ever

Issued KC a warning for pitching inside its inning

3 more high fastballs inside to Donaldson threw out the game

High and in to Tulo and hit him

Nobody gets kick out from KC

Sanchese in in ip the 8th.  Lazy inside pitch on 0-2 count.   He gets kicked out!   

Jays were down to there first base coach running the game as all the other guys got kicked out for arguing.

End of story.   Jays win!

Price tomorrow.   Lucky Minnesota hahha

Dickey looked great today.  Cy young great
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #810 on: August 02, 2015, 07:24:45 PM »

Yanks go 6-4 over their road trip.

With 58 games left, 34 home, 24 on the road, standings are exactly the same as they were at the beginning of the trip.

Off day, then Sox up next, then the jays. That jays series is probably going to have a big impact on who wins the division....sweep in either direction makes things interesting....

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #811 on: August 02, 2015, 07:29:52 PM »

Worst ump ever

Sanchese in in ip the 8th.  Lazy inside pitch on 0-2 count.   He gets kicked out!   

Jays were down to there first base coach running the game as all the other guys got kicked out for arguing.

After today, i wanna see a kc vs jays series in the playoffs. Just sayin'.

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #812 on: August 02, 2015, 08:39:32 PM »

Worst ump ever

After today, i wanna see a kc vs jays series in the playoffs. Just sayin'.

There was some serious energy in this whole series.   Would love to see this carry over to the playoffs.   kCs big 3 in the bullpen.   Got spanked
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #813 on: August 02, 2015, 10:14:22 PM »

Worst ump ever

That's nuts. I heard something happened in the Pittsburgh game as well.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #814 on: August 02, 2015, 11:08:55 PM »

Hello first place Mets. When's the last time you heard that in August.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #815 on: August 03, 2015, 05:02:50 AM »

Let's go Price baby!!!!   Let's go price!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #816 on: August 03, 2015, 06:36:57 AM »

Let's go Price baby!!!!   Let's go price!!

There's some weird story being talked about on Mike and Mike, on ESPN, right now about Price tweaking something while changing a tire??

I have zero idea on any details.  I literally walked into the room for the last 3 sentences of the conversation.  I don' t know if it was one of their hypothetical conversations or something actually happened....

Edit: OK, never mind. Apparently David Price HAD a flat tire, on the way to Toronto, and he changed it himself.  Mike Greenberg was talking about how, as a player, Price probably shouldn't have done that, because he could hurt himself. 

But he didn't ACTUALLY hurt himself.

So, there you go.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 06:50:32 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #817 on: August 03, 2015, 08:16:13 AM »

Yanks go 6-4 over their road trip.

With 58 games left, 34 home, 24 on the road, standings are exactly the same as they were at the beginning of the trip.

Off day, then Sox up next, then the jays. That jays series is probably going to have a big impact on who wins the division....sweep in either direction makes things interesting....

It's all about knocking days off the calendar when you are in the lead... Disappointing not to win one of the latter two games in texas with Tanaka and Pineda scheduled. But nobody can be upset about a winning road trip.

Everybody is all giddy about Toronto ...but let's not forget they are not even ahead of Baltimore.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #818 on: August 03, 2015, 10:03:49 AM »

Hello first place Mets. When's the last time you heard that in August.

Can't remember that far back! 

I love the excitement, that 8th inning strikeout of Harper... wow man, the place just exploded.

Still, this a high point of not just this season, but almost the past decade.  So, it's not a good place to make predictions from.  But I'll do so anyway.

Truth is, making the playoffs will be a tall task.  Duda's been hot and getting Cespedes was tremendous, but this is still the lowest scoring team in the NL.  The starting pitching has been really good overall, but I think only deGrom and Syndergaard have been consistently excellent.  Harvey has been up and down, as would be expected the 1st year after TJ surgery.  Niese is what he is, a decent lefty that all teams need in their rotation.  And Colon... I think we're witnessing the sun setting on that career.  Then, the innings limits are around the corner waiting to get run into like a brick wall.

That said, it's just a 2-month stretch and much crazier things have happened in sports than for a .500 team to catch some breaks and play .600 ball over 57 games.  34 of those games are at home and the vast majority will be against losing teams.  So you not only gotta but actually can believe. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #819 on: August 03, 2015, 11:03:25 AM »

Worst ump ever

That's nuts. I heard something happened in the Pittsburgh game as well.
The Royals have been a bit punkish for some time now. I didn't see what happened yesterday, but they've had a number of these incidents this year.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 89 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: