Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:23:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 251930 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #240 on: April 25, 2015, 08:37:17 PM »

Cause for concern for the Cards, Wainwright left with an injury. Any idea what's up Falcon?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #241 on: April 25, 2015, 11:52:24 PM »

Cause for concern for the Cards, Wainwright left with an injury. Any idea what's up Falcon?

Likely Achilles rupture and done for the year, won't be confirmed til Monday's MRI but it doesn't sound good.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #242 on: April 26, 2015, 03:16:41 AM »

Likely Achilles rupture and done for the year, won't be confirmed til Monday's MRI but it doesn't sound good.

Ouch, sorry man that's not good news at all.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #243 on: April 26, 2015, 11:52:49 AM »

Thanks for the sentiment Tim, this is obviously a tough situation for Waino and the Cards.

Beyond being a perennial Cy Young type guy, Waino is the leader of the staff, he sets the tone and is a very important cog in the way the Cards operate.

No sugar coating here, it's a huge loss.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #244 on: April 26, 2015, 05:03:51 PM »

Thanks for the sentiment Tim, this is obviously a tough situation for Waino and the Cards.

Beyond being a perennial Cy Young type guy, Waino is the leader of the staff, he sets the tone and is a very important cog in the way the Cards operate.

No sugar coating here, it's a huge loss.

Definitely is. Hard to imagine they recover from losing Wainwright.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #245 on: April 26, 2015, 05:22:43 PM »

Everyone will move up a spot in the rotation and they'll try their internal options to fill in and see how it goes, if that doesn't work they have plenty of $$ and enough prospect options to go after whatever becomes available via the trade market.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #246 on: April 26, 2015, 08:10:33 PM »

Everyone will move up a spot in the rotation and they'll try their internal options to fill in and see how it goes, if that doesn't work they have plenty of $$ and enough prospect options to go after whatever becomes available via the trade market.
Does this make you wish the NL adopted the DH like many have been debating? I remember a few years back Clay Buchholz was rolling along and then he injured himself running the bases in an interleague game. A few Yankees pitchers have been hurt running the bases in recent years too. It might be time for some serious consideration.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #247 on: April 26, 2015, 09:36:00 PM »

Does this make you wish the NL adopted the DH like many have been debating? I remember a few years back Clay Buchholz was rolling along and then he injured himself running the bases in an interleague game. A few Yankees pitchers have been hurt running the bases in recent years too. It might be time for some serious consideration.

An emphatic "hell no".

Freak accident, could've happened covering first, pivoting to field a ball - totally random.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #248 on: April 27, 2015, 07:16:06 AM »

There's really only ONE good option that's going to be available THIS early.  Cole Hamels to Cards?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #249 on: April 27, 2015, 07:17:49 AM »

Re: The AL East.

I don't even....

The standings are almost the complete REVERSE of what I would have said (pre-Jays pitching injuries) they would be.

And the Yanks defense was STILL terrible vs the Mets.  The Mets was just worse.....

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #250 on: April 27, 2015, 07:21:29 AM »

Read a description that said Wainright actually HEARD it pop...thought someone had smacked him in the back of the leg with something.

Catcher (who's name I can't remember) said HE thinks he heard it.

I'd say the Achilles rupture is pretty much the odds on favorite.  That SUCKS.  It's hard to repair, a long recovery process, and can sometimes see good size percentages of mobility loss in the ankle and foot.  Not enough to effect his day to day living/quality of life...but enough that it might effect his ability to pitch and move around out there on the field.

Just sucks all the way around.  Hate seeing freak injuries like that.  Very similar thing happened to Chein Ming Wang for the Yankees years back.  He was never the same.

Together again,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #251 on: April 27, 2015, 10:12:07 AM »

Re: The AL East.

I don't even....

The standings are almost the complete REVERSE of what I would have said (pre-Jays pitching injuries) they would be.

And the Yanks defense was STILL terrible vs the Mets.  The Mets was just worse.....
The Red Sox pitching has been even worse than anyone could've predicted, and they weren't expected to be very good to begin with. Koji's fastball is about 10 mph less than it should be. Things could get ugly. Their offense has struggled lately as well. They're lucky teams have been handing them runs along the way. I believe they lead the league in unearned runs. The O's and Jays have similar problems. Good offenses, but weak pitching so far. The Yanks and Rays have good pitching. The Rays starting rotation has very good potential. Archer, Odorizzi, and Smyly. Cobb should be back soon, Moore later in the season. The Yanks starters have been pretty good, but their bullpen has been dominant, and they're scoring runs. I don't see any team running away with the division though. None of them are good enough to coast. It should be back and forth all year long.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #252 on: April 27, 2015, 10:13:44 AM »

There's really only ONE good option that's going to be available THIS early.  Cole Hamels to Cards?

He's the only "ace" option for sure, the Cards allegedly spoke with the Phils over the winter but thought the personnel cost Amaro was asking was too high considering the cash still owed to Hamels.

Something would have to give for the Cards to go that route.

I expect they'll see who becomes available (maybe a Kyle Lohse type) and go from there.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 04:30:31 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #253 on: April 27, 2015, 04:33:08 PM »

An emphatic "hell no".

Freak accident, could've happened covering first, pivoting to field a ball - totally random.

That's true, but pitchers are more susceptible to injury when they're batting and running the bases.

The Cards were able to win a World Series last time Wainwright was lost for the season, but it'll be a tall task. I don't see Chris Carpenter coming to the rescue. But they'll make due.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #254 on: April 27, 2015, 05:41:27 PM »

The Angels and Rangers officially agreed to the Josh Hamilton trade. The trade is cash and a player to be named later.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #255 on: April 27, 2015, 05:57:23 PM »

As suspected and now confirmed by John Mozeliak, Waino has torn left Achilles and out 9-12 months.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #256 on: April 27, 2015, 06:09:02 PM »

Yep i just saw the notification on my phone. Sorry to hear your worst fear confirmed Falcon.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #257 on: April 27, 2015, 06:58:00 PM »

Yep i just saw the notification on my phone. Sorry to hear your worst fear confirmed Falcon.

Thanks Tim, we all knew it was coming but it still sucks regardless.

Unfortunately, as talented and as deep as the Cards are replacing 200+ high quality innings will be difficult to do.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #258 on: April 27, 2015, 07:03:00 PM »

Yep no way to sugar coat this one. It's gonna hurt bad.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #259 on: April 27, 2015, 07:35:44 PM »

Well it seems the injury news isn't done yet. Brandon McCarthy is done for the season with a UCL tear for the Dodgers.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 89 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: