Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:13:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 251611 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #820 on: August 03, 2015, 01:14:19 PM »

Let's go price!   Let's go baby!!!   Let's go jays!   Let's go!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #821 on: August 03, 2015, 01:24:35 PM »

Is today a holiday in Canada?

I'm just wondering why the odd day game to START a series....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #822 on: August 03, 2015, 02:02:57 PM »

Is today a holiday in Canada?

I'm just wondering why the odd day game to START a series....

Yes it's a holiday for us up here today
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #823 on: August 03, 2015, 03:38:40 PM »

Sure feels great to have a ace in the rotation

What an outing from price.   He really looks like he is having fun

Let's go jays!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #824 on: August 04, 2015, 04:17:25 PM »

Dave Dombrowski resigns as Tigers GM..

Dude's not gonna have any trouble finding work that's for sure.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #825 on: August 04, 2015, 04:41:55 PM »

Bleacher report says Toronto as a possible destination.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #826 on: August 04, 2015, 04:53:24 PM »

The Angels would seem likely spot as well, Dombrowski seems like a guy that would be a great fit with Arte Moreno and Mike Sciosia.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #827 on: August 04, 2015, 06:24:27 PM »

The Angels would seem likely spot as well, Dombrowski seems like a guy that would be a great fit with Arte Moreno and Mike Sciosia.
Red Sox could go after him if they want to give up on Cherington. And Lucchino is stepping down, so there are some changes in upper management. A new GM could certainly be on the table. Especially with yet another last place finish staring them in the face.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #828 on: August 04, 2015, 07:33:26 PM »

Red Sox could go after him if they want to give up on Cherington. And Lucchino is stepping down, so there are some changes in upper management. A new GM could certainly be on the table. Especially with yet another last place finish staring them in the face.

Good point. He could be the perfect guy to rebuild that disastrous roster.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #829 on: August 04, 2015, 07:40:28 PM »

It won't be easy, whether it's Cherington, Dombrowski, or whoever. I can't believe they freed themselves of Crawford's deal and now have 3 bad deals soaking up a good chunk of their payroll.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #830 on: August 04, 2015, 08:07:20 PM »

Whoever it will be will have a huge task no doubt.

It won't be easy, whether it's Cherington, Dombrowski, or whoever. I can't believe they freed themselves of Crawford's deal and now have 3 bad deals soaking up a good chunk of their payroll.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #831 on: August 04, 2015, 08:30:30 PM »

Nice play Headley you idiot. Can't we cut this moron already! Nearly injures Tanaka trying to play a ball Tanaka was gonna get cleanly and probably get the guy at first.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #832 on: August 04, 2015, 09:54:20 PM »

Jays are now winning close games to good teams.  Something they never used to do.    We are on a roll baby!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #833 on: August 05, 2015, 01:29:04 AM »

Now you just need the Yanks to lose a few to make up some ground but they don't show any signs of slowing down at the moment.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #834 on: August 05, 2015, 06:56:16 AM »

Now you just need the Yanks to lose a few to make up some ground but they don't show any signs of slowing down at the moment.

With oaklands win over Baltimore last night the jays are now in the wild card.   That was step one.   Step two.  Catch the evil Yankees
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #835 on: August 05, 2015, 07:36:56 AM »

With oaklands win over Baltimore last night the jays are now in the wild card.   That was step one.   Step two.  Catch the evil Yankees

Realistically... you are 7 back in the loss...

The Jays would have to really beat up on the Yankees in their h2h games to have any chance...and if the Yanks take 2 out of 3 at home this weekend... then that ship will almost be completely sunk.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #836 on: August 05, 2015, 08:22:26 AM »

The Jays would have to really beat up on the Yankees in their h2h games to have any chance...and if the Yanks take 2 out of 3 at home this weekend... then that ship will almost be completely sunk.

The Jays have 13 games left against the Yanks.....they are still masters of their own destiny, to some extent.

This weekend could go a long way toward letting us know whether there's going to be a division race...or not.  A sweep by either team radically changes the landscape of the division..or if the Yanks win the series and put the Jays 8 (or more) losses back in the division....that will give us pretty good indications.

If the Jays win 2 of 3...it's not going to help them all that much.  One game is a drop in the bucket right now.  They'd need a lot more drops...but there would still be 50+ to play.

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #837 on: August 05, 2015, 08:31:52 AM »

The Jays have 13 games left against the Yanks.....they are still masters of their own destiny, to some extent.

This weekend could go a long way toward letting us know whether there's going to be a division race...or not.  A sweep by either team radically changes the landscape of the division..or if the Yanks win the series and put the Jays 8 (or more) losses back in the division....that will give us pretty good indications.

If the Jays win 2 of 3...it's not going to help them all that much.  One game is a drop in the bucket right now.  They'd need a lot more drops...but there would still be 50+ to play.

Sure they go 9-4 vs the yankees or something like that...but that would be a stretch.

I don't think toronto's pitching is capable of making up 7 games... not at this point in the season. Crazier things have happened tho.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #838 on: August 05, 2015, 08:37:34 AM »

Sure they go 9-4 vs the yankees or something like that...but that would be a stretch.

I don't think toronto's pitching is capable of making up 7 games... not at this point in the season. Crazier things have happened tho.

It's a very tough climb, to be sure.  But...a LOT of it's going to depend on whether the Yanks rotation can maintain their current winning %, or something close to it (.550 would probably do it).  I THINK they can, but I wouldn't bet my house on it. Not yet.  Talk to me in about 25 games. Wink

Not long ago, we watched ANOTHER NY team blow a 7 game lead with 17 left to play.....

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #839 on: August 05, 2015, 08:52:00 AM »

It's a very tough climb, to be sure.  But...a LOT of it's going to depend on whether the Yanks rotation can maintain their current winning %, or something close to it (.550 would probably do it).  I THINK they can, but I wouldn't bet my house on it. Not yet.  Talk to me in about 25 games. Wink

Not long ago, we watched ANOTHER NY team blow a 7 game lead with 17 left to play.....

Tommy G getting lit up on the last day of the year vs the marlins too... that one was tough.

I'm excited to see Severino throw tonight.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 89 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: