Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:40:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's periods of hiatuses
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's periods of hiatuses  (Read 25257 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2015, 03:35:54 AM »

Time well spent is not lost-

Did not grow up with the internet so the transparency on social media is not something that interests me remotely, I can totally understand the need for some down time.

I can too.  I imagine we all do.

I think the disconnect is mailing in several consecutive years at a time.

I said after this past tour it was completely unrealistic to expect them go get right back to work on the album.  No, you need downtime.  You have other things to do.  That's all perfectly understandable.

But to come off the road in June 2014, go the rest of the 2014 and then maybe all of 2015?  At that point, that's not downtime or recharging.  Its just flat out inactivity.

Does the have the right to do it?  Of course he does.  Does everyone have to consider that normal, or to some, even noble?  Of course not.  Not that anything said here will get him moving, but there is nothing wrong with an eyeroll at the situation.

No, the fact that you dont see activity, or what is occuring out of the public eye does not mean it is "flat out inactivity".

Define "normal" please. I find that to be a relative term.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2015, 03:41:24 AM »

I am with ya Emily.....all this pontificating by closet music industry experts gets quite boring after a while.  Roll Eyes

Haha, doesn't it though?  ok

Closet industry e-experts, armchair quarterbacks, and people that are all too anxious to offer up amateur, unsolicited advice to a situation they are not included in, gets very tiresome. I don't find their "insights" enlightening, interesting or original and novel.

It is mostly simply entitlement- flavored whining.  peace

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2015, 09:27:51 AM »

No, the fact that you dont see activity, or what is occuring out of the public eye does not mean it is "flat out inactivity".

By this rationale, the years 2003-2005 were humming along nicely.  I would disagree with that and have a hard time making that argument with a straight face.

I also completely reject conveniently inconsistent deductive reasoning.  Tends to come across more than a week bit self serving.

Meaning, in this case, that the lack of proof of anything being done during over 1,000 calendar days cannot both support you and discredit me.  We are starting from the same point.  You may feel its your obligation to always look on the bright side of life.  But I would argue that is based more on what you feel is your duty as a fan than anything concrete that might support that sunny side up narrative.

It might not be the best term.  A better term might be the level of seriousness.

Meaning, you tell us in early 2014 "you are seriously taking a look at things in that regard" with respect to a new album.  No one really expected anything in 2014 given the touring scheduled and decompression time.  But if you go all of 2015 without any word of progress...guess what?  You weren't serious.

I am choosing to believe in that interview.  People tell me all the time that Axl so rarely speaks because he only does so when there is something to say.  Well, Axl spoke.

Now we wait and see how serious he was.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2015, 03:36:17 PM »

I just love that Axl takes some well deserved time off and remains completely silent. A period of hiatus adds more mysticism I think.
  peace
Please discuss.  beer

Didn't the Mona Lisa take four years to paint?

Artists and their art, you can not put time limits on people.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2015, 03:45:33 PM »

By this rationale, the years 2003-2005 were humming along nicely.  I would disagree with that and have a hard time making that argument with a straight face.

I also completely reject conveniently inconsistent deductive reasoning.  Tends to come across more than a week bit self serving.

Meaning, in this case, that the lack of proof of anything being done during over 1,000 calendar days cannot both support you and discredit me.  We are starting from the same point.  You may feel its your obligation to always look on the bright side of life.  But I would argue that is based more on what you feel is your duty as a fan than anything concrete that might support that sunny side up narrative.

It might not be the best term.  A better term might be the level of seriousness.

Meaning, you tell us in early 2014 "you are seriously taking a look at things in that regard" with respect to a new album.  No one really expected anything in 2014 given the touring scheduled and decompression time.  But if you go all of 2015 without any word of progress...guess what?  You weren't serious.

I am choosing to believe in that interview.  People tell me all the time that Axl so rarely speaks because he only does so when there is something to say.  Well, Axl spoke.

Yawn, same schtick- different day.

"Nobody owes you, not one godamned thing"- including an explanation of how they spent their time.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2015, 04:11:26 PM »

Yawn, same schtick- different day.

"Nobody owes you, not one godamned thing"- including an explanation of how they spent their time.

You asked for some clarification, I gave it you.

If all that generates is this pissy nonsense, well, its your dime.  Have at it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 04:18:20 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2015, 04:14:20 PM »

Is Emily the originator of that old chestnut, the ''Axl does not owe you anything'' line?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2015, 04:17:25 PM »

Is Emily the originator of that old chestnut, the ''Axl does not owe you anything'' line?

Nah.  I was hearing that at MYGNR 5-7 years before I even came here and met Little Miss Sunshine.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2015, 04:21:47 PM »

And it annoys the shit out of some fans because they need the album so much.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2015, 04:38:46 PM »

And it annoys the shit out of some fans because they need the album so much.

/jarmo

Yes, you are not a 'real fan' to commit such a heinous crime as, desire new material from a favourite act.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2015, 04:52:38 PM »

Desire is one thing. Whining is another: Cheesy

I hope the new album is out yesterday. But it doesn't make me a whiny smart ass.... Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2015, 04:56:06 PM »

Desire is one thing. Whining is another: Cheesy

I hope the new album is out yesterday. But it doesn't make me a whiny smart ass.... Smiley

Smart ass is a tricky thing.  Its all in the delivery and timing.  You don't really have either.

And you laugh at your own jokes.  C'mon, man.

mortismurphy
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2015, 05:14:03 PM »

If there is one lesson to be learnt from HTGTH, it is, one guy's 'whining' is another guy's, 'constructive criticism'.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2015, 05:14:45 PM »

Laughing at your posts while typing a response isn't laughing at my own jokes. Cheesy

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2015, 05:18:08 PM »

Laughing at your posts while typing a response isn't laughing at my own jokes. Cheesy

/jarmo

Didn't you say like five minutes ago that you tell posters here that they aren't 'real fans' because you think it's hilarious?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2015, 05:31:56 PM »

I admitted that it's an easy way to get somebody to react when you question their so called fandom and the replies are often funny.

It's childish, I know. But the response is always predictable. Cheesy

It's ok for for certain fans to question people to the left and right. They can accuse people of all kinds of things. People they do not know. That's all fine and part of discussion.
But if somebody dares to question how much of a fan they really are, they need to STFU.

That's comedy. Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 05:35:48 PM by jarmo » Logged

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2015, 05:55:33 PM »

I admitted that it's an easy way to get somebody to react when you question their so called fandom and the replies are often funny.

It's childish, I know. But the response is always predictable. Cheesy

It's ok for for certain fans to question people to the left and right. They can accuse people of all kinds of things. People they do not know. That's all fine and part of discussion.
But if somebody dares to question how much of a fan they really are, they need to STFU.

That's comedy. Smiley

/jarmo

I dunno.  I would imagine someone getting their panties in a violent twist over other fans questioning management's handling of the band is worth a chuckle or two.  If a team loses, you look to the coach.  That's the name of the game.  If a band seemingly cannot get a recorded album out for the life of them, who should we look to? I know, I know...It's the label, Slash, Azoff, Bigfoot...I'm just a little tired of all that.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2015, 05:56:12 PM »

Unless Jarmo has reason to disagree with me, there is reason to assume that some new GN'R music could appear this year.

As a fan forum, can we not focus on the future, rather than biting each other about the past
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2015, 05:58:51 PM »

Unless Jarmo has reason to disagree with me, there is reason to assume that some new GN'R music could appear this year.

As a fan forum, can we not focus on the future, rather than biting each other about the past

That would be fantastic.  Here's hoping!  ok
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2015, 06:17:16 PM »

That would be fantastic.  Here's hoping!  ok

Cool

So as part of a supposed fantastic future, what would your -realistic- expectations be. Short term and longer term.

If the band read the forum, you, and others, could make a difference
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: