Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:46:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's periods of hiatuses
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's periods of hiatuses  (Read 25269 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2015, 06:22:05 PM »

Unless Jarmo has reason to disagree with me, there is reason to assume that some new GN'R music could appear this year.

As a fan forum, can we not focus on the future, rather than biting each other about the past

That would be fantastic.  Here's hoping!  ok

Cool

So as part of a supposed fantastic future, what would your -realistic- expectations be. Short term and longer term.

If the band read the forum, you, and others, could make a difference

For this year?  My pie in the sky wish is that Axl & Chris were putting the final touches/mixing Chinese 2 back in November/early December, and that their final track selection for said album is currently being mastered under the radar for a Spring/Summer release.  Possible?  Of course.  Likely? Who knows.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2015, 06:28:32 PM »

Unless Jarmo has reason to disagree with me, there is reason to assume that some new GN'R music could appear this year.

As a fan forum, can we not focus on the future, rather than biting each other about the past

Cool

So as part of a supposed fantastic future, what would your -realistic- expectations be. Short term and longer term.

For this year?  My pie in the sky wish is that Axl & Chris were putting the final touches/mixing Chinese 2 back in November/early December, and that their final track selection for said album is currently being mastered under the radar for a Spring/Summer release.  Possible?  Of course.  Likely? Who knows.

It is pie in the sky, but it is a fun post, and food for thought.

Will there be older or newer tracks, who knows.

A random question, is the order of the tracks an important decision these days?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2015, 06:31:48 PM »

Cool

It is pie in the sky, but it is a fun post, and food for thought.

Will there be older or newer tracks, who knows.

A random question, is the order of the tracks an important decision these days?

I think most members who have spoken on it, including Axl, have said that this album is essentially going to be the second half of Chinese.  Meaning, the rest of the tracks recorded during that era, that were meant for the (albeit heavily delayed) subsequent release. 

If there are tracks that were written and recorded from 09 and later on the album, I imagine that it wouldn't be more than 1 or 2.  Not sure if order of the tracks matters to anyone involved, but I would assume so.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2015, 06:32:08 PM »

I dunno.  I would imagine someone getting their panties in a violent twist over other fans questioning management's handling of the band is worth a chuckle or two.  If a team loses, you look to the coach.  That's the name of the game.  If a band seemingly cannot get a recorded album out for the life of them, who should we look to? I know, I know...It's the label, Slash, Azoff, Bigfoot...I'm just a little tired of all that.

You can question anything you want. But, when there's simple logical explanations, people like to run way and act like they saw nothing.
Also, people are here "questioning" things that are not in any way specific to current management. Easy to criticize, difficult to give credit. That's how some operate. And the only reason I've gotten for this is because people don't think they are the right managers for GN'R.

A lot of the so called questioning is not based on any results. Because we got a lot since 2012 and I don't ever recall this kind of negativity towards past management teams. It's like it's personal. I don't get that part. Constantly looking for or focusing on things you don't like. Doesn't sound like a good time to me.

But that's just me. And apparently I got no credibility.  crying

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2015, 08:42:42 AM »

TB has done an excellent job IMO, there have been successful tours and even a live DVD/Blu-ray release

Why not focus on the possibility of a new Album release this year, instead of complaining about non- negotiable situations?

Not a fan's decision as to who is in the band, and who manages that band.

Some people keep singing the "entitlement blues". Poor them, life is so hard. crying

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2015, 09:45:38 AM »

I just love that Axl takes some well deserved time off and remains completely silent. A period of hiatus adds more mysticism I think.
  peace
Please discuss.  beer

Didn't the Mona Lisa take four years to paint?

Artists and their art, you can not put time limits on people.

It's funny how when a musical artist is starving and has no money they seem to find away to get there product out there

Seems when certain artists get a certain amount of fame and success they loose there drive and that will to put out new material. 

Not saying this is Axl. But I just wonder if he wasn't sitting on 100 million in the bank if he would have a little more drive to put new material out quicker, or would he rather go hungry

I know personally, if I was sitting on 100 million in the bank it sure would make waking to go to work pretty tough
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2015, 09:47:51 AM »

I just love that Axl takes some well deserved time off and remains completely silent. A period of hiatus adds more mysticism I think.
  peace
Please discuss.  beer

Didn't the Mona Lisa take four years to paint?

Artists and their art, you can not put time limits on people.

It's funny how when a musical artist is starving and has no money they seem to find away to get there product out there

Seems when certain artists get a certain amount of fame and success they loose there drive and that will to put out new material. 

Not saying this is Axl. But I just wonder if he wasn't sitting on 100 million in the bank if he would have a little more drive to put new material out quicker, or would he rather go hungry

I know personally, if I was sitting on 100 million in the bank it sure would make waking to go to work pretty tough

You really think he is that well off? I doubt it... he seems like one that spends easily...and has many costs and a lot of people to feed.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2015, 09:58:40 AM »

I realize that this post is a little out of sequence, but if you want to include a guitarist who has definitely found his comeback and made an excellent album, check out Leslie West's "Still Climbing." Leslie, as you may remember, is from Mountain which was a hard rock band in the 1970s. I saw on VH1 Classic that he is rated just above or just below Slash as all time great guitarists (I can't remember which exactly but I think he is one notch below Slash).

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2015, 09:59:09 AM »

You really think he is that well off? I doubt it... he seems like one that spends easily...and has many costs and a lot of people to feed.

I've often wondered about this.

He has the royalties and the publishing, but we aren't talking about a huge body of work here.

Then you had all those years without much of a revenue stream coming in.

I doubt the guy is clipping coupons, but I don't know if he's super duper rich as some might assume.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2015, 10:01:28 AM »

He has the royalties and the publishing, but we aren't talking about a huge body of work here.

I doubt the guy is clipping coupons, but I don't know if he's super duper rich as some might assume.

Doesn't he split publishing royalties with Slash and Duff?

Yeah he certainly must have a few million stashed away... but 100 million sounds far fetched.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2015, 10:09:45 AM »

It's kinda hard to know what the guy is sitting on in the bank.  I am just tossing numbers out there off the top of my head.  If you believe some of those celebrity wealth sites they say Axl is worth 200 +.  But who  knows.

The guy has no kids and has never been married, huge savings there
Had no real drug problems or serious visas.
Has had the most song writing credits on the guns back catalogue, hence bigger royalty cheques than any other member
Huge world tour in the 90s, then many big festivals in the 2000s.  Where I am sure the split of each show is equal amongst band mates
And all the time has lived a very reclusive lifestyle.   That means cheap.  If you don't leave the house you don't spend money

Regardless. I am sure he is sitting on fat bank and is set for life.   10, 50, 100, 200 million take your pick.  But the original point is, with money comes lack of motivation to get out there and work for more
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2015, 10:15:09 AM »

Oh, he's absolutely set for life.  But he doesn't exactly live a frugal life either. 

And then you just have some of the goofier shit he does.  Like shell out megabucks for an apartment in New York City that he paid rent on for 2 years and never set foot in the place. 

If there are several of those things at work, that all adds up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2015, 10:18:58 AM »

TB has done an excellent job IMO, there have been successful tours and even a live DVD/Blu-ray release

Why not focus on the possibility of a new Album release this year, instead of complaining about non- negotiable situations?

Some people keep singing the "entitlement blues". Poor them, life is so hard. crying

Certainly, if they orchestrate an album release this year I will be the first to sing their praises.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2015, 10:26:50 AM »

Duff also said it took them 2 years to break even on the Illusions tour.... it cost a fortune to operate and with all the 5 star hotels and after parties and music videos... They took home a lot less than it might appear from afar.

All just guessing.. Like I said I am quite sure he's gtg even if he never cases another check in his life.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2015, 10:26:57 AM »

Certainly, if they orchestrate an album release this year I will be the first to sing their praises.

You are probably just saying that as cover so you can say other mean stuff.  

Why are you so mean, anyway?  Why??

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2015, 10:29:13 AM »

Duff also said it took them 2 years to break even on the Illusions tour.... it cost a fortune to operate and with all the 5 star hotels and after parties and music videos... They took home a lot less than it might appear from afar.

All just guessing.. Like I said I am quite sure he's gtg even if he never cases another check in his life.

Remember the backstage set-up?

They would insist on this elaborate set up with awesome spreads, booze, pinball machines, the whole bit.  And some nights, never even used it.  Money wasted to set up, tear down, and for the stuff itself.

Then you had all the fines for lateness and the overtime costs for the crew.  Not cheap.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2015, 10:37:20 AM »

Remember the backstage set-up?

They would insist on this elaborate set up with awesome spreads, booze, pinball machines, the whole bit.  And some nights, never even used it.  Money wasted to set up, tear down, and for the stuff itself.

Then you had all the fines for lateness and the overtime costs for the crew.  Not cheap.

I liked Axls point I read years ago.   If you want to be the biggest band in the world you have to act like it   I wonder how much of that whole set up was just for show.  Just because they could

And yes major money costs!
mortismurphy
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2015, 10:38:53 AM »

They had themed parties. One night it was a toga party with a suckling pig. I think it was just to give, Amy and Stuart something to do.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2015, 10:39:57 AM »

The whole over the top excess ... all that .. was part of the appeal to me as a kid.... as an adult ... the drugs and the antics is a bit of a turn off...but back then... yeah.... i loved that they acted the part of rock stars.

It's who they were.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2015, 10:43:01 AM »

The whole over the top excess ... all that .. was part of the appeal to me as a kid.... as an adult ... the drugs and the antics is a bit of a turn off...but back then... yeah.... i loved that they acted the part of rock stars.

It's who they were.

Oh, I still love it.  That's who the band is to me.

Sort of why I don't get mortismurphy's beef with the Vegas thing.  This has never exactly been a keeping it real, salt of the earth, down to earth operation.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: