Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:27:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy platinum award
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy platinum award  (Read 27006 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2015, 11:33:09 AM »

I wonder if BBF got one?

Neither side can comment.

So which side are you pretending to speak for and do you honestly have any knowledge on this whatsoever or is that a pretense as well?

(Rhetorical, no need to actually answer) peace

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2015, 11:34:45 AM »

I wonder if BBF got one?

Neither side can comment.

So which side are you pretending to speak for and do you honestly have any knowledge on this whatsoever or is that a pretense as well?

I speak for both sides.

And I would appreciate any further request for information be submitted in a written request on your company letterhead.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2015, 11:35:35 AM »

Hey, no fair!  You added this after.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2015, 11:37:53 AM »

Hey, no fair!  You added this after.

True, it was an after, afterthought. Wink

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2015, 02:25:13 PM »

Courtesy of Dj's Facebook page:

Dj ASHBA
This badass MF just showed up on my doorstep today! An insane gift from @axlrose I am off to proudly hang this in my house! ‪#‎SoSic‬ ‪#‎blessedlife‬ ‪#‎1mCopies‬ ‪#‎ChineseDemocracy‬ @gunsnroses

Very cool!

And before all the haters start pointing out that Dj didn't play on the record, he toured the world promoting it. After its release.
Axl gave Dj a platinum award because he deserves one.

/jarmo

Why does he deserve it though? If Axl gave him one as a gift then thats fine. Platinum albums are saved for people who play on said album. Not for members of the touring lineup. An analogy would be Gilby getting one for the Illusions albums.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2015, 02:30:29 PM »

Dj ASHBA
This badass MF just showed up on my doorstep today! An insane gift from @axlrose I am off to proudly hang this in my house! ‪#‎SoSic‬ ‪#‎blessedlife‬ ‪#‎1mCopies‬ ‪#‎ChineseDemocracy‬ @gunsnroses

Very cool!

And before all the haters start pointing out that Dj didn't play on the record, he toured the world promoting it. After its release.

/jarmo

Why does he deserve it though? If Axl gave him one as a gift then thats fine. Platinum albums are saved for people who play on said album. Not for members of the touring lineup. An analogy would be Gilby getting one for the Illusions albums.

So what dude... come on lets save the nitpicking for the things that deserve it ! haha

It was a gift... no big deal

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2015, 02:31:47 PM »

Read Dj's tweet: "an insane gift from @axlrose".

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2015, 02:37:00 PM »

Dj ASHBA

Very cool!

/jarmo

So what dude... come on lets save the nitpicking for the things that deserve it ! haha

Like I said I'm fine if its a gift from Axl but does he deserve it for contributing to CD? No.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2015, 02:50:51 PM »

Agreed.

That's what I say to people over at MYGNR that harp on how DJ stands on stage.

We got bigger fish, people.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2015, 02:58:35 PM »

Like I said I'm fine if its a gift from Axl but does he deserve it for contributing to CD? No.

I guess I need to explain this to you again.

It has very little to do with contributing to the album itself. It's a gift. Axl could've given him an iPad! Would that be a problem too since Dj or Frank didn't contribute anything to the iPad?

Sometimes artists give these to journalists, radio DJs, management, their crew, their sponsors and so on. It's up to the artists!

Just because you don't like the guy, you need to go on and on about how he doesn't deserve a gift. What are you, Santa Claus?

These guys are in the band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2015, 03:10:50 PM »

I guess I need to explain this to you again.

It has very little to do with contributing to the album itself. It's a gift. Axl could've given him an iPad! Would that be a problem too since Dj or Frank didn't contribute anything to the iPad?

Sometimes artists give these to journalists, radio DJs, management, their crew, their sponsors and so on. It's up to the artists!

Just because you don't like the guy, you need to go on and on about how he doesn't deserve a gift. What are you, Santa Claus?

These guys are in the band.

/jarmo

I said I was Ok with him giving it to him as a gift. So no need to spell it out beer
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2015, 03:11:37 PM »

You said he doesn't deserve it!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2015, 03:20:47 PM »

/jarmo

For his contributions to CD. But I'm ok with it if its a gift.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2015, 03:22:48 PM »

Hey Jarmo, maybe this is the answer to the HOF conundrum.

The other guys could have been mentioned as a gift.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2015, 03:24:23 PM »

/jarmo

I don't think anybody made the claim that he got this gift for his contributions to an album that was released before he joined the band....  rofl

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2015, 03:27:35 PM »

I don't think anybody made the claim that he got this gift for his contributions to an album that was released before he joined the band....  rofl

Really?

Very cool!

Was the rest of that post going to be "...as a gift", but wasn't, for whatever reason? 

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2015, 03:32:02 PM »

/jarmo

/jarmo

Your the one who used the word deserve to begin with in your first post. Why does he deserve one? For touring the album with the band? Then Gilby deserves one for touring the Illusion albums. I'm ok with it as a gift from Axl, but the only people who truly deserve these are the people who contributed. Frank deserves his.

Mind you, I'm not a hater either. I'm always posting about wanting to hear what the "current" lineup can come up with. Not previous versions. So I'm not hating on DJ. I would love to see him get one that he truly "deserves".
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2015, 03:39:13 PM »

Was the rest of that post going to be "...as a gift", but wasn't, for whatever reason? 

Hahahaha.

He deserves one. He's in the band. He toured with the band for years after the album came out.
Axl gave him a platinum award as a gift.

I can't believe I need to explain Axl's right to give gifts to people!

but the only people who truly deserve these are the people who contributed. Frank deserves his.

Really?

/jarmo

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2015, 03:40:33 PM »

Hahahaha.

He deserves one. He's in the band. He toured with the band for years after the album came out.

but the only people who truly deserve these are the people who contributed. Frank deserves his.

Really?

/jarmo

Didnt he play on CD?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2015, 03:41:20 PM »

Hahahaha.

You don't.

But you might explain how you were so pre-emptively defiant in the first post that he deserved it...and now seems to have latched on to this "..as a gift" thing some 50 posts into the thread.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: