Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:55:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy platinum award
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy platinum award  (Read 27008 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2015, 03:42:28 PM »

Axl?
I think he did.

Not everyone who get platinum awards actually perform on the albums.

But you might explain how you were so pre-emptively defiant in the first post that he deserved it...and now seems to have latched on to this "..as a gift" thing some 50 posts into the thread.

The only explanation is because I saw these comments coming and you didn't disappoint in that sense.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2015, 03:50:23 PM »

The only explanation is because I saw these comments coming and you didn't disappoint in that sense.

<buzzer sound>

Here's every post of mine about the subject in this thread.

Yeah, I see it more as a rah-rah sign of camaraderie than anything else.  Which is fine.

So what dude... come on lets save the nitpicking for the things that deserve it ! haha

It was a gift... no big deal

Agreed.

That's what I say to people over at MYGNR that harp on how DJ stands on stage.

We got bigger fish, people.

For a guy that's such a supposed stickler for accuracy, perhaps you might tell me where I "didn't disappoint" here?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2015, 03:50:45 PM »

Axl?
I think he did.

But you might explain how you were so pre-emptively defiant in the first post that he deserved it...and now seems to have latched on to this "..as a gift" thing some 50 posts into the thread.

/jarmo

Frank
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2015, 03:52:15 PM »

You didn't disappoint by posting pointless drivel.

Frank

Yes, he did. Dj didn't. Not everyone who gets an award played on the album.
Is that a problem, still?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2015, 03:55:21 PM »

I'm not an expert on who gets these awards, but I believe it's common that the manager receives one. The manager doesn't play on the record, but is part of the team around the album in question. The promotion of the record is part of the record's history, and with Dj contributing to making the songs come alive on stage, I think he deserves the award.

With Frank also receiving one now, it seems like Axl's had a list of people involved with the record's history who deserved to get one of these.

I've seen people write that Ron, Robin and Bucket "deserves" this more than Dj (don't remember if it was in this thread). My hunch is that they've all received their very own award. Just because they didn't post a picture of it online doesn't mean they didn't get one, I'm sure they did.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2015, 03:56:05 PM »

Yeah...good save.

Look, sport.  I know your knee jerk is to assume I am at the head of every pitchfork and torch crowd that comes along.

But you sacrifice what's left of your waning credibility when you throw out stuff that is disproven with a check of the same thread that takes 30 seconds.

Now, I'm sure I'll be along with some other great wrong you will feel I need to be set straight on soon enough.  

But don't be so fucking eager.  Let the game come to you.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2015, 03:59:24 PM »

Frank

Yes, he did. Dj didn't. Not everyone who gets an award played on the album.
Is that a problem, still?

/jarmo

If you read my original post you would see that I never had a problem with it as a gift from Axl. But when you say he deserves it thats different. Maybe you can clarify...Does he deserve it as a gift for touring the album? If so we agree.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2015, 04:03:29 PM »

Oh you showed me. You jump into a thread weeks after to show how wrong I was. Great job! You should be proud!

When I posted that picture of Dj, I knew I'd see comments like I saw today posted. I knew it.

Comments form people who don't even understand how these things work. Who don't either know or care about the fact that you don't need to play on an album to get the award.
Instead of commenting on my posts two weeks ago, you saw it today and had to show me! Great, good job!

My credibility? Well, unfortunately the people that matter know my credibility and your opinion on that doesn't matter to them. Sorry.

But when you say he deserves it thats different. Maybe you can clarify...Does he deserve it as a gift for touring the album? If so we agree.

Of course he deserves it for being in the band and promoting the album by touring behind it.
Robin and Buckethead might be on the album, but I suspect Dj played more shows promoting those songs than they did.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2015, 04:07:12 PM »

You know what?  My bad.  You weren't one of the ones saying that stuff.

You are still an idiot posting pointless drivel, but I misspoke lumping you in on this one.  I'm a man that can admit when he's wrong.

(since you seem to have trouble saying the words)

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2015, 04:10:09 PM »

I'm so sorry for responding to you when I was having a conversation with somebody else. Sorry if I offended you.

SORRY! Can you please forgive me for this major fuck up?

/jarmo

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2015, 04:11:48 PM »

Oh you showed me. You jump into a thread weeks after to show how wrong I was. Great job! You should be proud!

When I posted that picture of Dj, I knew I'd see comments like I saw today posted. I knew it.

Comments form people who don't even understand how these things work. Who don't either know or care about the fact that you don't need to play on an album to get the award.
Instead of commenting on my posts two weeks ago, you saw it today and had to show me! Great, good job!

My credibility? Well, unfortunately the people that matter know my credibility and your opinion on that doesn't matter to them. Sorry.

But when you say he deserves it thats different. Maybe you can clarify...Does he deserve it as a gift for touring the album? If so we agree.

Of course he deserves it for being in the band and promoting the album by touring behind it.
Robin and Buckethead might be on the album, but I suspect Dj played more shows promoting those songs than they did.

/jarmo

2 points....

1.Robin and Bucket "deserve" a platinum album they helped create a whole lot more than the guy who toured it. Thats like saying Gilby deserves one as much as Izzy because he played more Illusions shows.

2.I do know how this works ( I'm in a band). Platinum records are given by the labels to the artists who perform on an album. Artists ( Band members) can purchase more which they can give as gifts.

Also....didnt see this thread till today so Im late to the show I guess.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2015, 04:13:47 PM »

1.Robin and Bucket "deserve" a platinum album they helped create a whole lot more than the guy who toured it. Thats like saying Gilby deserves one as much as Izzy because he played more Illusions shows.

Instead of focusing on who deserves what more, why not just be happy for him?

/jarmo

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2015, 04:18:36 PM »

Instead of focusing on who deserves what more, why not just be happy for him?

/jarmo

I am. Never said I wasn't. You brought up the whole "deserve" thing. I challenged it. If that's your opinion then I respect it.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2015, 04:19:32 PM »

What I was told - "even when you are deemed eligible for the award, you still have to pay for the construction of your own plaque.  All together, each plaque costs $205".

He could have bought a bottle of something or a new iPhone, but how many times do you see fans try to put something on the wall that looks like a gold or platinum award? Having the real thing is a lot better, and it's an acknowledgement they can show off to their family and friends.

It's unusual for someone to sign the actual discs, he would have had to go to the custom framer to do it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 04:22:24 PM by raindogs70 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2015, 04:22:09 PM »

I'm so sorry for responding to you when I was having a conversation with somebody else. Sorry if I offended you.

SORRY! Can you please forgive me for this major fuck up?

Buddy, I don't hold grudges.  We're as good as we were before all this.

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2015, 04:34:43 PM »

Jarmo, Next time your in the east coast of the US we should meet up and hit a steak house. Im in NYC.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2015, 04:37:44 PM »

Jarmo, Next time your in the east coast of the US we should meet up and hit a steak house. Im in NYC.

Get in line. 

He and I are hitting up Dave & Buster's.  Playing some air hockey.

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2015, 04:41:48 PM »

Get in line. 

I meant to include you too D-X!!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2015, 04:46:53 PM »

Axl?
I think he did.

/jarmo

Well. I had a few questions regarding this whole thing

They have been answered and my curiosity has been met

They are cool plaques and it's nice to se Axl recognizing a couple of guys that have supported him
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2015, 04:50:20 PM »

Get in line. 

I meant to include you too D-X!!

OK, you get winner.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: