Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 04:39:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228037 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot New Album : Little Brother Is Watching
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot New Album : Little Brother Is Watching  (Read 35587 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2015, 08:02:02 PM »

Outside of Axl, I really couldn?t care less who is, or isn?t in this band, but I did appreciate the fact that Ron spoke his mind.
Was reassuring to know that someone in GN'R wasn?t content touring endlessly, collecting paychecks. He wanted to get together and write as a band.
Maybe everyone in GN?R feels that way, but he came out and said it. A bit odd to me that fans find fault with him being motivated to be creative and produce new music.
Something this band continuously fails to do in unprecedented fashion.

GN?R fans of all people should see the irony in mocking his new band. Granted the circumstances surrounding Art of Anarchy aren?t ideal, but providing their debut record sees release, they will have produced the same amount of records as GN?R has managed over the past 22 years.

Anyways, not losing too much sleep over it.
Axl did award him and amazing opportunity in recruiting him in Guns.
I wasn?t enthralled with his work on Chinese, though he was entertaining live.
Cautiously optimistic to see what he, and primarily Scott came up with on the Art of Anarchy record.

I don't find fault in him being motivated.  I find fault in his attention craving attitude and not respecting someone who gave him an opportunity to enhance his career. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2015, 08:08:43 PM »

So your saying Axl has a solo project with hired musicians and is trying to con the world that it is in fact a band that exsisted until 1993??

Because if all except Axl are hired hands with zero say on anything how can it be anything else??

I know this isn't going to be a popular sentiment, but I've viewed this band as Axl's solo project since the UYI lineup broke up. GNR was a sum of individuals. In my mind, it's just best to view it that way.  I'll always support Axl and be glad to hear of new guitarists like Bumblefoot along with DJ. However, GNR ceased to exists around 97 when Duff finally left. 
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2015, 08:24:51 PM »

The band concept of GN'R is a bit like Nine Inch Nails. The difference: The band members around Axl are "real" band members, Trent has just a live-band. Both both, Axl and Trent, are the key members in GN'R/NIN

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
mortismurphy
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2015, 09:17:41 PM »

The chickens truly come home to roost on this place, when actual gnr members break ranks.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2015, 04:06:24 AM »

The band concept of GN'R is a bit like Nine Inch Nails. The difference: The band members around Axl are "real" band members, Trent has just a live-band. Both both, Axl and Trent, are the key members in GN'R/NIN

It's nothing like nine inch nails. Trent is a multi insrtumentalist and does practically the whole album himself.
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2015, 06:38:17 AM »

I just listened to Bumble's Little Brother single. That's not an album I will buy.  no
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2015, 08:27:30 AM »

It's nothing like nine inch nails. Trent is a multi insrtumentalist and does practically the whole album himself.

This is the best way to look at things.  Both Axl and Trent are true producers, creating a sound for there individual bands, but bnth use different tools.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2015, 09:46:50 AM »

The chickens truly come home to roost on this place, when actual gnr members break ranks.

Well, I'm not that big of a fan of DJ either.  I've exlressed that once before on here.  I hate how he is always about the camera and tryng to act cool or "rock n roll" by flipping the camera off every chance he gets.  However, it does seem as though DJ is greatful for the opportunity he was given...unlike others. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2015, 10:36:54 AM »

Well, I'm not that big of a fan of DJ either.  I've exlressed that once before on here.  I hate how he is always about the camera and tryng to act cool or "rock n roll" by flipping the camera off every chance he gets.  However, it does seem as though DJ is greatful for the opportunity he was given...unlike others. 

GNR is benefitting from DJ in the band
DJ is benefitting from being in GNR

Its a good deal for both   Than neither side holds against the other

NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2015, 01:29:05 PM »

Um, no. It's nothing like NIN.
Maybe - maybe - Smashing Pumpkins.
When Billy Corgan realized no one wanted to buy a "Billy Corgan" solo album he "reformed" Smashing Pumpkins.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2015, 01:58:53 PM »

When Billy Corgan realized no one wanted to buy a "Billy Corgan" solo album he "reformed" Smashing Pumpkins.

Did i miss this smashing pumpkins "reformation"?

As far as I know billy got back together with the drummer but never darcy (bassist) or james (guitar).  Mb james. But def never darcy as she is pretty messed up

Corgan was on record as saying the only way to get a true pumpkins sound was to use there original drummee, cant remember his name

Anyways

Why would you say the comparisson to NIN was way off??? 

I am sure if Axl could play every part himself he would.  But he chooses to bring guys in and as a producer uses bits and pieces of what they have recorded

Trent plays most of the stuff you hear a d has it all writtin.   Then uses bits and pieces of stuff he has written and as a producer puts it all together

Both band have had both steady touring members and rotating spots

Sounds pretty similar to me
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2015, 03:46:44 PM »

As far as I know billy got back together with the drummer but never darcy (bassist) or james (guitar).  Mb james. But def never darcy as she is pretty messed up

Corgan was on record as saying the only way to get a true pumpkins sound was to use there original drummee, cant remember his name

Anyways

I am sure if Axl could play every part himself he would.  But he chooses to bring guys in and as a producer uses bits and pieces of what they have recorded

Trent plays most of the stuff you hear a d has it all writtin.   Then uses bits and pieces of stuff he has written and as a producer puts it all together

Guns N'roses is nothing like NIN Fact!...be told. NIN are an industrial band to start with.  Trent is the main producer, singer, songwriter, and instrumentalist and the only official member of Nine Inch Nails and remains solely responsible for its direction. Reznor assembles a live band to perform with him.

Axl has never been the main producer and instrumentalist. On a lot of favorite GN'R songs he's not even the main songwriter.
Guns N' Roses is a hard rock band with a full & official cast of players! Axl himself has repeatedly said it's not a solo venture so why are you sure "if Axl could play every part himself he would."

Jarmo i'm intrigued do you see GN'R as Axl's solo band with "paid players"? Or a band??
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2015, 04:39:55 PM »

Good song.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2015, 04:50:04 PM »

Jarmo i'm intrigued do you see GN'R as Axl's solo band with "paid players"? Or a band??

It's a band featuring Axl Rose as the singer and leader.
He gets other band members involved and they work together to create songs. In that regard he's like a producer. Not just a song writer or lyricist.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2015, 04:51:47 PM »

Anyways

Guns N'roses is nothing like NIN Fact!...be told. NIN are an industrial band to start with.  Trent is the main producer, singer, songwriter, and instrumentalist and the only official member of Nine Inch Nails and remains solely responsible for its direction. Reznor assembles a live band to perform with him.

Axl has never been the main producer and instrumentalist. On a lot of favorite GN'R songs he's not even the main songwriter.
Guns N' Roses is a hard rock band with a full & official cast of players! Axl himself has repeatedly said it's not a solo venture so why are you sure "if Axl could play every part himself he would."

Oh your another one of these fact guys.......  Fact!

Where did anyone say that NIN and guns n roses sound the same?

CURRENT GNR is very similiar to NIN in the way songs are put together.    

Are you saying Axl isn't a producer?   I suggest you look at the writting credits on CD were you can clearly see that he was    I would also when it comes to tinkering with older songs that have been previously recorded, but not released.  His role as a producer will be even more noticeable.  

How do you think current gnr writes and produces there songs?   Current gnr not a line up from almost 30 years ago?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2015, 05:02:27 PM »

Anyways

Again I am talking about this band GNR   Not gnr from almost 30 years ago.  The song writting process was different them, but not that much different

You said Axl dosnt write all the lyrics?   Well currently he does.  CD he wrote the lyrics for every song.   I would think any future release would be the same. 

You also said Axl isn't the main instamentionalist    Even though he dosent play any instruments on the album he uses his ear to put pieces of music that musicians have written together to form songs.   Where in NIN Trent will play the parts himself.   Axl will get others to play hundreds of hours of various things and then combine this and that to form a song.  I.e in the form of a producer
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2015, 05:08:17 PM »

It's a band featuring Axl Rose as the singer and leader.
He gets other band members involved and they work together to create songs. In that regard he's like a producer. Not just a song writer or lyricist.

/jarmo

I would say Axl not only brings in band members to help.  But has a good track record for inviting anyone into the studio that he thinks could help the music. 

The big question I have is.  Do you think any band member has any say as to what they are playing in the studio.  Or out of there work makes it to an album

I would say the musicians have free reign in the studio, with suggestions and feed back from Axl as to what he wants to hear
I would also say that not one band member has any say as to what material makes it to the final released.   
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2015, 05:08:47 PM »

Fact
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2015, 05:57:12 PM »

I said 'main producer'. I did not say he has not or is not skilled in producing. I love Chinese. But we know certain songs had a lot to do with the players around him. Better was a Robin song I believe??

When I said that GN'R were a rock band with a full and official line up I was talking about NOW not 30 years ago. Check the silhouettes on the top of this page you will see the people I'm talking about.

I agree that Axl is of course the leader and it is his band but the process and heart of what Guns N'Roses is...and this is something Axl talks about..Is that it is a band! It is therefore world's apart from NIN.

Also Im pretty sure one had to play the instrument to be an instrumentalist.

I don't usually get involved in these silly spats but I just completely disagree with your point of view as to what Guns stands for and is.

And with that I'm out!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 05:59:50 PM by reayj2003 » Logged
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2015, 06:14:53 PM »

I said 'main producer'. I did not say he has not or is not skilled in producing. I love Chinese. But we know certain songs had a lot to do with the players around him. Better was a Robin song I believe??

When I said that GN'R were a rock band with a full and official line up I was talking about NOW not 30 years ago. Check the silhouettes on the top of this page you will see the people I'm talking about.

I agree that Axl is of course the leader and it is his band but the process and heart of what Guns N'Roses is...and this is something Axl talks about..Is that it is a band! It is therefore world's apart from NIN.

Also Im pretty sure one had to play the instrument to be an instrumentalist.

I don't usually get involved in these silly spats but I just completely disagree with your point of view as to what Guns stands for and is.

And with that I'm out!

Again you are loosing me here. 

This is not a discussion of what I think guns n roses stands for. 

I was agreeing with a poster how gnr and NIN are very similisr in the way the compose music

You disagreed

Then I posted more points to make up my side of this discusion

Then you asked Jarmo for his thoughts, which I got a kick out of

Then I asked you how you actually thought current guns n roses writes and composes songa, to which you never responded

Then you said you were out.   Hahaha.  Ok then

Again it's not a argument, just a discussion.   

I feel Trent Resnor and Axl Rose compose write and produce songs for there respective bands in a very similisr way.  It's not a bad thing. 

If you feel they are different. That's fine. 

But in no way does this have to do with what I think guns n roses stands for
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: